Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl (72045 Views)

The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl / The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl / Confessions Of A Fat Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Bigsteveg(m): 6:50am On Sep 03, 2014
teeo:

Clearly differentiate between a fat and a chubby Lady, nonsense angry

I hate when slim things try so hard to make it seem like been fleshy is not fashionable, forcing young girls to become anorexic.

We are all made in different ways, my advice to chubby ladies, eat good hygienic meals and do some exercise to keep fit. Have some self esteem and confidence. Believe in who you are and don't look down on yourself.

You're beautiful the way you are.

God forbid I date a toothpick. Chubby babes Na them sure pass.

Brother, there is difference btw being skinny, chubby and fat(obese) na English language dey cause problem now, I bet u don't want to have anything with obese ladies.

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Merlissa(f): 7:02am On Sep 03, 2014
To all the plus size lady, I take GOD beg una FLUNT it jawe!!!! God has blessed you by making you endowed!!

All those skinny chickitas wear bum bum pad, stuff tissue in their boobs etc but guess what, we don't have to do that!

Just make sure you keep fit!

#TeamThickMadam

Check out my blog http://thethickmadam./

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by silversonuc(m): 7:12am On Sep 03, 2014
zicky: woman wrapper
yes boss
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 03, 2014
olubukato:

Wetin undecided grin

Make all of them dey argue fat n slim gal... One man's food is another man's poison...
Fat gals dey marry every weekend, likewise slim gals.. So kini big deal?

You just killed me with this post Bukatto. Lmao. Nice one sha.
Good morning
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by redsun(m): 8:05am On Sep 03, 2014
How does fat build up to the point of obese like the two ameeica women in the picture? In most cases parents have to take the blame because it tends to build up from childhood and by the time they are teenagers it becomes a struggle to stay fit.

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by toygod2: 8:10am On Sep 03, 2014
aaaha
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 03, 2014
Teespice: team chubby or should I say fat

and I am so loving the way I am.

gone are the days when I whine about my size.
If that's you on your pix, then that's not what we call a fat girl. Trust me, you wouldn't wanna be fat if you know who is "fat"
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by mekpice: 10:33am On Sep 03, 2014
I love them big! Any social network were i could meet them

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 03, 2014
handysuzy:

One cannot question God. I really pity them.

pity them you don't need to , we love ourselves the way we are , inasmuch as I like to make sure I don't get bigger and also try to reduce I have never wished to be thin hell no , those depressed are still yet to discover who they really are , they just need little coaching so miss don't pity them , they don't need it.

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by richling77(m): 11:42am On Sep 03, 2014
MisterLongman: There is difference between chubby and obese.... Stop making it seem like being fat na bad thing, being slim does not guarantee long life..... What matters is having a good diet and keeping fit at the same time being mindful of ones health

I was talking to a lady the other day and this useless lady that you quoted picked on me for no reason. I think her life is bitter and always looking for who to degrade.
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 03, 2014
If u dnt want to be fat stop eating junk foods like shawama,burgers etc u dnt xcpect urself to be slim wrn ure still eating unhealthy foods,nd stop blaming pple who criticise u afterall they didnt force u to eat junks,eat more of fruits nd limit carbpjydrates

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by aniyphil: 11:50am On Sep 03, 2014
Teespice: team chubby or should I say fat

and I am so loving the way I am.

gone are the days when I whine about my size.

You ain't fat . . .you're just right! wink
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by MisterLongman(m): 12:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
richling77:

I was talking to a lady the other day and this useless lady that you quoted picked on me for no reason. I think her life is bitter and always looking for who to degrade.
Bro no vex..... Someone already said most of her comments on this forum are immature while another guy also complained. But NL is faceless, so I don't take issues like this serious... If someone picks on me and I have his/her time I will respond but if I notice that he/she is not ready to give up I will ignore...... But most times I don't reply such mentions.

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Angelicapickle(f): 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
I love my heavy self,,,,don't care what anyone says,,,its painful most times when people make jests of you or throw jokes at your expense but its also nice when you see people who admire you. My blood pressure is remarkable and i do 14 flights of stairs more than 2wice everyday..........

Basically,,,,,thin is thin,,,fat is fat,,,,live with whatever you have and stop bitching about someone else............

3 Likes

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ya'll arguing shit....keeping fit is whats ryt ...do u all fink its bout being fat n den ur ass is divided into 4 phases?...or abt having an abdomen dat is 1 full large pack? Or is it bout wearing sleeveles tops n den additnal bossom flesh is falin awd 4rm d bras...haba pls gv urself,clothes,space and ur fellow humans a brk...
2 d skinny ones widoud curves u nid 2 add up abeg afteral a lady without curves is like a jean without pockets..abi u geez tink its bout being straight n walking about like electric poles...haba being skinny widoud curves is nad fashionable ...add up at d ryt places mbok
#S/O 2 d curvy gals(keepfit)#
mbok enam uyom nnagado eyak nkop mkpo
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by AKYNN007: 6:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
Better cushion for the pushing. Fat gals rock
sirjohnson: Guys, its actually better to date fat girls, I swear. Read reasons you should date fat girls Here and I bet you will agree with me.

I made a decision a long time ago never to make jest of fat people.
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by dnacrystal: 8:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
meelorlah: Tailor don chop my money on top slim fitting... Aww,thanks
lol....and you can't be skinnier than I am.
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
Godditex: Learning to love yourself no matter how you are, what people think you are is the beginning of a life-long romance. Always remember 'someone somewhere likes what you hate about yourself'
i just love u for dt last quote!

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
Amy91: i just love u for dt last quote!
I just love you too with this comment....
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
To all those saying that foods are unhealthy or fattening, there is always, always a way to tweak the recipe to make it healthy, balanced and beneficial.

Avoid red meat, or cut down to once or twice a month, substitute for turkey, chicken, fish etc.
Avoid artificial preservatives, fresh food will help the body digest properly and clean waste more efficiently.
Avoid juice and soda, too much sugar, try instead for water at least 6x daily to promote good health.
Avoid certain fats and oils, look for oils that are naturally high in Omega-3s I personally love to cook with coconut oil among others.
Always strive to eat more vegetables than starch and meats, high in vitamins and minerals, ladies you will just glow after switching to dark leafy greens, add color to your plate, try to have a rainbow of colours on your plate to enhance your health.
Make fibre your friend! Simple carbohydrates is the main thing behind that dreaded stomach fat, whilst fibre actually burns fat! So opt for whole wheat, whole grain, try to find a substitute to those finely ground meals as they are the worst! I personally love anything garri-eba-pap etc, but I restrain myself to that on a monthly or even seasonal basis.
Finally, portion size is the secret to everything, as you might expect, our stomachs don't actually need that much food in order to thrive (notice I didn't say survive!). If you eat the wrong foods, like breads or pasta, you will crave more sugar and in fact, more food. Your body needs little jolts of energy during the day in the form of healthy snacks, so splurge on nuts/dried fruit (also high in fibre/protein and iron), fresh fruits, etc etc!

Most women don't realise that that by changing their diet, they will lose more weight than adding activity alone. In fact, most weight loss is derived from diet change. You will soon find that after the initial 21 days shock, you will have bounds and leaps more energy to workout or wtv!

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by etingi(m): 9:25pm On Sep 03, 2014
She is not fat but fluffy according to Gabriel I, jokes apart now whoever does not learn to love herself whether slim or fat will always be depressed. You are fearfully and wonderfully made by God
handysuzy: Saw this post on Linda Ikeji's blog and thought to share it here

[img]http://3.bp..com/-UngH6PfVwtk/VAWZFrVDXXI/AAAAAAADdlM/KAFtaNirFAA/s1600/a.jpg[/img]

Article written by Jennifer Ogoo Okolo. Enjoy...

"The Fat girl ends up miserable year after year. The society has neglected the fuller woman. This has resulted to fat girls feeling depressed, left-out and downcast. The average big lady spends most of their years in solitude, angry at themselves, the society and even their shadow. Many are being laugh at, ridiculed, jilted, abused and sent back indoors where they are depressed and even get fatter. The society is such a big nightmare for this group of people which is saddening."

When they go for shopping which is a very beautiful and fun experience for almost every lady. But for the fat girl, it’s a rather sober experience. In many cases, sizes are deceptive to the extent that a size 12 dress will be tagged size 18. She has to through every cloth in the store before she finds what fits her. Sometimes, she ends up not seeing any flattering outfit. Again, the sadness begins.

Then she turns to her tailor to make a good dress for her. A beautifully styled dress she saw in a magazine page. The tailor makes it, it’s still not flattering. Sarcastically, the tailor says, “I find it difficult sewing for fat girls, it is too hard”. Again, the sadness begins.

Her soon-to-be-married best friend calls, “Wendy, will you be one of my bridesmaids”? “Don’t answer of course you will”. She is excited.“Will call you up later so we go choose the dresses with the other girls”. Her heart drops. Shopping bridesmaids with the other girls, she knows will be a huge nightmare because she is the “fat girl”. While shopping, The saleslady says, "We don't have your size, so here's the biggest we do have," and she gives it a try. Of course, it never fits. Her underarm fat is spilling over, her back fat is folding over the waist, and she can't get the thing to slip over her butt. But it looks beautiful on everyone else! And she is left feeling guilty for being more than a handful. Again, the sadness begins.

At NYSC orientation camp. The fat girl is handed her dress bag. She opens it. The kaki trouser is as small as a size 6’s whereas she is a size 18. “Ma’am, dis kaki is too small for me, can I get a larger size”, she says to the platoon mistress. The lady murmurs, “Exchange with someone else”. (lol, we’ve all experienced this). And she looks around, no one has her size. Most of other corpers, she may ask will reply saying, “NOO!!! I no carry orobo size”. Everyone laughs at her. Again, the sadness begins.

Every fat lady go through post-traumatic dress disorder. It is the condition that occurs when a person, usually female, feels disappointed and traumatized while leaving a clothing store. It could happen when she views old photographs and asks herself "What the hell was I wearing" It could also be the traumatic stress she feels between the moment she post a picture on the Internet and the moment somebody likes it or responds. Fat people go through this stress all the time and the society is not being fair at all. 80% of Heart-related illnesses which fat people suffer are because they spend most of their years depressed, not just about their size but because of social prejudicial.
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by MrsChima(f): 10:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
What about those fat Nigerian men?

Pot belly and fat necks!

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by MrsChima(f): 10:38pm On Sep 03, 2014
Viva....i am with belle. My diet consists of fries....ice cream...pickles....italian food....and cake! grin
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
MrsChima: Viva....i am with belle. My diet consists of fries....ice cream...pickles....italian food....and cake! grin

Ma Chima!!! In my own pregnancies I consumed general tao, double cheeseburgers, peanut butter and milkshake!!! See my strong and fat babies oo!!! Just try to make sure you aren't at gestational diabetes, but your MD will let you know soon enough!!!
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by MrsChima(f): 11:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
vivalableue:

Ma Chima!!! In my own pregnancies I consumed general tao, double cheeseburgers, peanut butter and milkshake!!! See my strong and fat babies oo!!! Just try to make sure you aren't at gestational diabetes, but your MD will let you know soon enough!!!

Mmmmm. Milkshake! Let me send Chima ooo! grin

I drunk that nasty syrup many times and have been blessed to be diabtic free! Thank God!
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
50calibre: Fat people get no sympathy from me, I find them repellant.

Fatness is a choice, being fat typically means you're lazy, careless with your health, and undisciplined.

A fat chic deserves no love because she diesnt love herself.
i remember the profile pics of yourself you used to upload and you looked overweight undecided

6 Likes

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by 50calibre(m): 10:53am On Sep 04, 2014
Mondisweets: i remember the profile pics of yourself you used to upload and you looked overweight undecided

In your dreams!!
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Angelicapickle(f): 11:00am On Sep 04, 2014
50calibre:

Why would you say another human being who did absolutely nothing to you is REPELLANT?

Words like that can make a person suicidal u know! People like you make others see themselves as inadequate and even if they want to change, they are too hurt or demoralised to try. Moreover, no matter how much fat people die everyday, the earth WILL never be rid of them, if thats your wish.

Speak for you and yours,,,,,,,i wish you a very long, healthy and happy life.

3 Likes

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
olubukato:

Wetin undecided grin

Make all of them dey argue fat n slim gal... One man's food is another man's poison...
Fat gals dey marry every weekend, likewise slim gals.. So kini big deal?
It's your choice sir
Have no prob with that
I have mine after'all

good afternoon bro Olugbenga smiley
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
50calibre:

In your dreams!!
u know you are chubby, its quite hilarious to think that you would diss other people for being just like you cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Truckpusher(m): 1:41pm On Sep 04, 2014
Mondisweets: u know you are chubby, its quite hilarious to think that you would diss other people for being just like you cheesy
*Clears throat*
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
Truckpusher: *Clears throat*
too much wahala on this NL

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Her Uncle Refused Me To Marry Her After Our Pre-wedding Photos Went Viral / Christmas Gift: Lady Gets N2 Million After Posting This On Social Media / Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.