Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:55 AM

Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? (1862 Views)

Tom Ikimi Arrested By EFCC - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi / Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
jmaine:

Lolz it baffles me how they futilely attempt to exonerate Buhari from his sin . . . . . grin
Jmaine we were on this path this earlier week, How about Ironsi?

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
nigerianvenom:

he didnt planned but accepted to serve?so if a thief steals someone property and hand it over to u,u will gladly accept it.clap for urself.
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by jmaine: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
Jmaine we were on this path this earlier week, How about Ironsi?

Ironsi partook and headed an illegality . . .So did Buhari , he even went further by committing several human rights abuses without remorse . .

Anymore questions . . . . .?
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by nigerianvenom(m): 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
jmaine:

He recently said he has forgiven IBB . . . . . grin

the thing still deh pepper am.he wished he could have served for atleast 10yrs but IBB said,no,go home and rest
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
jmaine:

Ironsi partook and headed an illegality
Anymore questions . . . . .?
Jmaine where did you get this?
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by jmaine: 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
nigerianvenom:

the thing still deh pepper am.he wished he could have served for atleast 10yrs but IBB said,no,go home and rest

Dude was seriously pained at the ease which IBB threw him out . . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by jmaine: 10:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
Jmaine where did you get this?

A coup is an illegality and anyone who heads it in whatever form without a clear cut approach to relinquish power back to a civilian rule takes the blame as well . . . . . Your trying to use Ironsi case to validate Buhari is DOA . . . . .

3 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by homesteady(m): 10:13pm On Sep 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
maybe you should be specific on the right you are talking about.
by trying to bring back a civilian government! As bad as IBB was, he tried to do the right thing by organising an election! but unfortunately he annuled the election!
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
jmaine:

A coup is an illegality and anyone who heads it shares in it takes the blame as well . . . . . Your trying to use Ironsi case to validate Buhari is DOA . . . . .
I am not validating, i am only sighting example. Someone has got to head the government any way so your logic is somehow
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
homesteady:
by trying to bring back a civilian government! As bad as IBB was, he tried to do the right thing by organising an election! but unfortunately he annuled the election!
In 18 months? When there was a corruption crisis, Austerity measures were also in place because oil prices totally crashed. We were madly in debt, where will election funds come from
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by jmaine: 10:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
I am not validating, i am only sighting example. Someone has got to head the government any way so your logic is somehow

Yes, your example is to validate Buhari. Simples . . . . Buhari knew what happened and what he was going to become, he accepted it wholeheartedly and even exercised the authority in the most brutal fashion reminiscent of all dictators . .

He never made plans to return to a democratic rule until he was eased out by IBB . . . . . Buhari gained a lot from that coup until his ouster . . . .
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by homesteady(m): 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
anago900:

quote my handle again and let thunder fire your lineage. should I spoon fed you with fact..... since you are a world renowned illiterate and common sense is a scarce commodity in your family tree. is it rocket science to Google military council.
was IBB not part of the military council? didn't he organise an election?
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
jmaine:

Yes, your example is to validate Buhari. Simples . . . . Buhari knew what happened and what he was going to become, he accepted it wholeheartedly and even exercised the authority in the most brutal fashion reminiscent of all dictators . .

And he never made plans to return to a democratic rule until he was eased out by IBB . . . . . Buhari gained a lot from that coup until his ouster . . . .
Validate what exactly?

Same reply above
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by jmaine: 10:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
Validate what exactly?

Same reply above

That Buhari should be exonerated from the coup which truncated our nascent democracy simply because he was invited to come and chop . . . .Abi no be so ?
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by homesteady(m): 10:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
In 18 months? When there was a corruption crisis, Austerity measures were also in place because oil prices totally crashed. We were madly in debt, where will election funds come from
Nigeria debt was higher during IBB's tenure and corruption was higher, but he still organised an election

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
homesteady:
Nigeria debt was higher during IBB's tenure and corruption was higher, but he still organised an election
Did you read my post at all, who incurred IBB’s debt?
Buhari didn't borrow a dime, rather he was paying off debts, something Ibb overturned immediately.
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
jmaine:

That Buhari should be exonerated from the coup which truncated our nascent democracy simply because he was invited to come and chop . . . .Abi no be so ?
What i can i say if it was come and chop for you.
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by homesteady(m): 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
Did you read my post at all, who incurred IBB’s debt?
Buhari didn't borrow a dime, rather he was paying off debts, something Ibb overturned immediately.

Obiagelli just drop it! Buhari does not have any excuse for not conducting an election! All this your excuses does not hold water!
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by jmaine: 10:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
Obiagelli: What i can i say if it was come and chop for you.

What was it to you my dear ?
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
jmaine:

What was it to you my dear ?
Jmaine good night grin grin
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
homesteady:

Obiagelli just drop it! Buhari does not have any excuse for not conducting an election! All this your excuses does not hold water!
I have heard. Start elections immediately.
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
homesteady:

I have heard. Start elections immediately with bank loans.
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by jmaine: 10:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
Jmaine good night grin grin

Sweet Dreamz grin

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2014
Homesteady, before i go, let me ask you, if a general takes over today, conducts and election next month and the APC wins, will you say he took over power to hand it over to the APC.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by Papertrail11(m): 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
a lot of pple dont seem to know wat happened during shagaris tyme shagari was incomp3tent and clueless as at the tyme infact nigeria was in a recession just as we are nkw the economy was furcking bahadddd I mean badd oil price that went for 20usd for example droped to 5dollars and Nigeria dat was borrown loan was badly affected by the.....someone that was more qualified needed to take on d job......and dat was buhari
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by anago900: 6:24am On Sep 03, 2014
homesteady:
was IBB not part of the military council? didn't he organise an election?

damn this guy is the dumbest organism on the milky way, same ibb and gusau that are scheduled to be executed for drug trafficking by the military council. ibb organise election or lashilachi in my bad German accent. damn I hate debating with peeps I'm centuries ahead of in the intelligence strata.
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by homesteady(m): 7:08am On Sep 03, 2014
anago900:
damn this guy is the dumbest organism on the milky way, same ibb and gusau that are scheduled to be executed for drug trafficking by the military council. ibb organise election or lashilachi in my bad German accent. damn I hate debating with peeps I'm centuries ahead of in the intelligence strata.

what are you saying?
General Babangida
was also a member of the Supreme Military
Council – the highest policy formulating body of
the government between August 1, 1975 and
October 1979. He was re-appointed to the same
vital government organ when the military took
over the reins of power from civilians on
December 31, 1985 in his new capacity as the
Army boss. He combined both appointments until
August 27, 1983 when he became the President
and Commander-in-chief of the Armed forces. On
assumption of office, he changed the title
Supreme Military Council (SMC) to Armed Forces
Ruling Council (AFRC) over which he presides as
chairman.
or did IBB not organise an election?

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by homesteady(m): 7:14am On Sep 03, 2014
Obiagelli: Homesteady, before i go, let me ask you, if a general takes over today, conducts and election next month and the APC wins, will you say he took over power to hand it over to the APC.

he conducted an election and APC won! he tried to return the government back to civilians!
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by Demdem(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
homesteady: here is what Tinubu said in his letter to Ikimi -

I'm focusing on the bolded!
Ikimi's is now branded as a bad man just because he 'only connived' with the military to annul the 'democratic process of election'
Then how should we brand Gen Buhari who was the chief in charge of the termination of the democratic process of election which made Shagari President?

Tinibu has indirectly called buhari a bad person!

Go back and read the entire writeup and stop being in an hurry to open threads. Tinubu's grouse with Ikimi isn't because of what u highlighted and utterly defeats the purpose of this thread. Even at that Tinubu stated along the line that all is welkom within apc no matter the bad past and can be rehabilitated. Ur efforts to twist his words to tarnish the General is plain silly. Besides, which office can u categorically tell me Buhari aspired to within APC as against Ikimi?
Ask ur elders, they know what really transpired prior to Shagaris overthrow.
Re: Is Buhari Not Guilty Of What Tinibu Accused Ikimi Of? by Demdem(m): 2:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
homesteady:

was he the major benefactor? Yes! he is a coup plotter

In otherwords since Jonathan was the main benefactor from Alams impeachment, he did conspired in impeaching him right?

(1) (2) (Reply)

See what Buhari's Charity Organisation is doing / King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? / #LMFAO I Can't Laugh Alone,please Join Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.