Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,598 members, 7,851,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:30 PM

‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California - Foreign Affairs (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California (67121 Views)

4 Killed In California Shooting Spree / A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh / The People Of California Have Banned Gay Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by SenatorJames(m): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2014
dotna: California Passes ‘Yes Means Yes’ Law

Here’s some uplifting news to read before you leave for your long weekend: California just became the first state to pass a ‘Yes Means Yes’ bill that would require all state-funded colleges and universities to adopt “affirmative consent” language in their definitions of consensual sex, Yahoo! News reports.
The California senate unanimously passed the bill in May, and it’s now set to be signed into law by Governor Jerry Brown. The law defines sexual consent between people as “affirmative, conscious, and voluntary agreement to engage in sexual activity.” In other words, silence or a lack of resistance do not count as consent, and drugs and alcohol will not (not that they ever should) excuse unwanted sexual activity or touching.
Governor Brown must sign the bill into law by September 30th, and if he does, it would be the first time a state would require such strong language to be a part of a school’s sexual assault policies, Claire Conlon, a spokesperson for Senator Kevin de Leon—who championed the bill—told Yahoo!.
We love this idea, not only because it seems to do away with the old “No means no” mentality, but because it champions enthusiastic consent between students. Hopefully, it’ll encourage all parties involved to stand up for themselves and talk about what they’re comfortable with. There’s nothing sexier or healthier than two people who really know what they want and aren’t afraid to say it.

http://zealnote.com/yes-means-yes-new-sex-law-california/
Someone may say useless law, because in Nigeria we are faced with many serious problems that require vibrant and working law, but we can't blame them, because all other things are working fine there, they talk about silly laws like this to remind the people that the goverment still exist.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
i have decided to stay away from this thread simply because i just do not want to get angry. @Sagamite is definitely right on this issue and on so many other issues that bother along gender lines. The only thing he does, which i dont do, at least for the mean time, and for which i do not blame him, is the insult he insults others who hold a different view.

Like someone said, we are just passing through a face; a culture of feminism. There will come a point in time that people will begin to become more fed up with feminism and at that time, we would stop being in the minority.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 1:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
craziebone: i have decided to stay away from this thread simply because i just do not want to get angry. @Sagamite is definitely right on this issue and on so many other issues that bother along gender lines. The only thing he does, which i dont do, at least for the mean time, and for which i do not blame him, is the insult he insults others who hold a different view.

Like someone said, we are just passing through a face; a culture of feminism. There will come a point in time that people will begin to become more fed up with feminism and at that time, we would stop being in the minority.

Don't mind them.

Let me give another scenario that you would see EnlightenedSoul shifting deviously about.

Lets say some multimillionaire sports guy in the US leaves his hotel and goes out to town to enjoy himself after a game in another city. This guy has bags of money from his $9m a year contract and he loves to spray and show this in clubs.

He buys bottles of champagne and Don Perignon in the club and gets plasteredly drunk. Then one of the project skanks that have an app on her phone that gives her a "Baller Alert", then gets with him and he takes her back to his hotel and hits it. Then she gets pregnant.

What will the US law and EnlightenedSoul/Sixix/Zekkmixes say:

1) "Oh, he was raaped and the girl needs to be arrested for taking advantage of him"

or

2) "That is his problem. He is going to pay for his actions dearly and exorbitantly for the next 18 years. Next time he would not drink so much and should wear a condom".

Guess which one they would say. grin grin grin grin grin

Majority of Women = illogical and selfish!

No, women should not have responsibilities. Only men should. But we are equal. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Note: A "Baller Alert" is a system where someone sends registered girls a notification of which clubs sports stars just entered in the USA. This normally leads to queues of hot girls, in their most skimpy attires, heading to that club. It is called "Baller" because the stars play American Football, Baseball or Basketball.

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
Sagamite:

Don't mind them.

Let me give another scenario that you would see EnlightenedSoul shifting deviously about.

Lets say some multimillionaire sports guy in the US leaves his hotel and goes out to town to enjoy himself after a game in another city. This guy has bags of money from his $9m a year contract and he loves to spray and show this in clubs.

He buys bottles of champagne and Don Perignon in the club and gets plasteredly drunk. Then one of the project skanks that have an app on her phone that gives her a "Baller Alert", then gets with him and he takes her back to his hotel and hits it. Then she gets pregnant.

What will the US law and EnlightenedSoul/Sixix/Zekkmixes say:

1) "Oh, he was raaped and the girl needs to be arrested for taking advantage of him"

or

2) "That is his problem. He is going to pay for his actions dearly and exorbitantly for the next 18 years. Next time he would not drink so much and should wear a condom".

Guess which one they would say. grin grin grin grin grin

Majority of Women = illogical and selfish!

No, women should not have responsibilities. Only men should. But we are equal. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Note: A "Baller Alert" is a system where someone sends registered girls a notification of which clubs sports stars just entered in the USA. This normally leads to queues of hot girls, in their most skimpy attires, heading to that club. It is called "Baller" because the stars play American Football, Baseball or Basketball.

I think my points have been fairly simple, never have I once "shifted" my position. Please feel free to point out any perceived inconsistencies.

If the man was ra.ped, he should carry it out to court. As for child support, US Gov. is only saving it's hypothetical asss (and that of taxpayers at large) to ensure that it does not end up paying for every "ill-conceived" child that some incredibly stu.pid people practically deliver into the system on the daily. Birth Control is free at the State dept, condoms are dirt cheap. There's just no excuse on both parts! So in your opinion, who should pay for the child if not his/her parents? Society?? No thanks, the rest of us responsible taxpayers can rest easy knowing the child is at least financially taken care of by those accountable thereby allowing us to gear the $$$ elsewhere.

The men/women who feel they pay too much child support should throw a pity party with the men/women who feel they receive too little as a custodial parent. They can all have a good whine and cry fest about how so very UNFAIR it all is - Boohoohoo!
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 3:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I think my points have been fairly simple, never have I once "shifted" my position. Please feel free to point out any perceived inconsistencies.

If the man was ra.ped, he should carry it out to court. As for child support, US Gov. is only saving it's hypothetical asss (and that of taxpayers at large) to ensure that it does not end up paying for every "ill-conceived" child that some incredibly stu.pid people practically deliver into the system on the daily. Birth Control is free at the State dept, condoms are dirt cheap. There's just no excuse on both parts! So in your opinion, who should pay for the child if not his/her parents? Society?? No thanks, the rest of us responsible taxpayers can rest easy knowing the child is at least financially taken care of by those accountable thereby allowing us to gear the $$$ elsewhere.

The men/women who feel they pay too much child support should throw a pity party with the men/women who feel they receive too little as a custodial parent. They can all have a good whine and cry fest about how so very UNFAIR it all is - Boohoohoo!

OHHHHH, EnlightenedSoul, now you are not passionate enough to unambigiously declare it is raape?

It is now "If the man was ra.ped, he should carry it out to court"? grin grin grin grin grin grin

But if it is a woman, then you will scream raape?

So you think a poor, helpless victim of raape that was specifically targeted because of the exorbitant finance he can provide and, which the government would force him to provide for a child, should be forced to pay for 18 years for his raape? And the criminal be rewarded? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now you think a MAN should be responsible and society should not be responsible when mishap befalls him?

All of a sudden you are good at seeing adults being responsible for their actions that might lead to them being "raaped"? grin grin grin grin grin

But you lost your head and your skirt when I said women should be responsible and, if they have not, should take responsibility for their own irresponsibility, and they should not pass responsibility to us (the society)? grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1884918/yes-means-yes-new-sex/11#26033999

Can you see your lack of logic now? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Typical woman!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wse_hgca220
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sagamite:

OHHHHH, EnlightenedSoul, now you are not passionate enough to unambigiously declare it is raape?

That's because I didn't know what a "Baller Alert" was, and ended up skimming through half a dozen different stories on the website and noticed a common theme (neither of which were ra.pe). Still, as always, I've maintained that in the event it (ra.pe) happens, it should be reported by both man or woman.

It is now "If the man was ra.ped, he should carry it out to court"? grin grin grin grin grin grin

As I've been saying all along! It's the same I've said said on women, so what are you getting at?

But if it is a woman, then you will scream raape?

If it is ra.pe, it is ra.pe either way. See above points. Can you say TEDIOUS?

So you think a poor, helpless victim of raape that was specifically targeted because of the exorbitant finance he can provide and, which the government would force him to provide for a child, should be forced to pay for 18 years for his raape? And the criminal be rewarded? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now you think a MAN should be responsible and society should not be responsible when mishap befalls him?

Your comprehension skills leave something to be desired. When did I say a Baller should pay CS for 18 years for being ra.ped?

All of a sudden you are good at seeing adults being responsible for their actions that might lead to them being "raaped"? grin grin grin grin grin

But you lost your head and your skirt when I said women should be responsible and, if they have not, should take responsibility for their own irresponsibility, and they should not pass responsibility to us (the society)? grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1884918/yes-means-yes-new-sex/11#26033999

Neither did I ever say that women should not be responsible. In fact, I've made it a point to outline and write disclosures on my opinion regarding that. You'll find those not only within the link you provided, but on this very thread.

My one additive was that despite an individuals lack of responsibility does not excuse your own accountability for an involvement in a crime. That stands on both ends of the spectrum as far as I'm concerned.

Can you see your lack of logic now? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sadly, I can see your lack of logic, and ill comprehension skills all too clearly.

Typical woman!

Typical id.iot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wse_hgca220

So I suppose that makes the masses of id.iot men out there secretly "female" unbeknownst to us all, and that all smart women everywhere with so much as a spic of reason and accountability are hiding a Y chromosome somewhere in their genetics? Good to know. Well, I know I'm a little late but I'd really like to be the first to welcome you to what has now been reformatted as "idi.othood" as I've left it for my ambiguous new gender.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply)

Russia's President Putin Exposed To Coronavirus - BBC / Biggest US Navy War Games In 40 Years To Prepare For WW3( Pics) / Putin Launches World's Longest 70 km Underground Rail Line In Russia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.