Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California - Foreign Affairs (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California (67053 Views)

4 Killed In California Shooting Spree / A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh / The People Of California Have Banned Gay Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 10:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
That is disgusting. On what basis am I like the actress in the video? Smh!

You are the type that advocates different rules for women. More rights and less responsibilities for women.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sagamite:

You are the type that advocates different rules for women. More rights and less responsibilities for women.

Oh??
How so?
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sagamite:

The EnlightenedSoul and average women for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFAd4YdQks

There are double standards that lead to the discrimination against men. You are absolutely right. You have also shown a perfect example of when these double standards are at work.

However, I have also seen women in this video who are intolerant of violence against men and I have seen men in this video who were completely ignorant of it. And the expert person who was interviewed and speaking on behalf of men, was a woman, too. So much for "typical woman" slogans. wink

Would you also tell these women that they want to get a slap on the back?
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 10:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

There are double standards that lead to the discrimination against men. You are absolutely right. You have also shown a perfect example of when these double standards are at work.

However, I have also seen women in this video who are intolerant of violence against men and I have seen men in this video who were completely ignorant of it. And the expert person who was interviewed and speaking on behalf of men, was a woman, too. So much for "typical woman" slogans. wink

What you don't get is that those intolerant women are few like aisha2.

Not many women are logical and know what equality is.

Majority of women would see be like indifferent as the video shows. And obviously the men in the video are either too embarrassed to get involved or are real men. They would want to be seen as the super hero if it was vice versa.

Many men in the West are ball-less fcktards that have been trained to be "real men" and are now facing and accepting discrimination against themselves because they are too terrified to stand up.

Fcking moronic Wussies!
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Oh??
How so?

Duh!
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sagamite:

What you don't get is that those intolerant women are few like aisha2.

Not many women are logical and know what equality is.

Majority of women would see be like indifferent as the video shows. And obviously the men in the video are either too embarrassed to get involved or are real men. They would want to be seen as the super hero if it was vice versa.

Many men in the West are ball-less fcktards that have been trained to be "real men" and are now facing and accepting discrimination against themselves because they are too terrified to stand up.

Fcking moronic Wussies!

No, they were brought up to believe that men are and must be strong and that men are not allowed to be weak. They were brought up in the belief that women are weaker and make the wrong conclusion that a woman is unable (at least physically) to abuse a man.

I am pretty sure that MOST men would make fun of other men who admit that they experience domestic violence. This is the reality. You are your own enemies, at times. I know you know it.

And you are here talking about the West when in Nigeria the police AND the judge would laugh in the man's face who claims that his wife beats him up, if not even openly call him a "wussy".
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

This is what women are laughing at on Western TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muuFygvXPAM

They did it so boldly and laughing because the Western society is SEXIST!

The women in the audience were even laughing.

These women have not been sacked from their jobs on TV.

Imagine it was men that were laughing at domestic abuse, not to talk of a husband cutting off his wife's breaasts.

What do you think would happen to those men's careers on TV?
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sagamite:

This is what women are laughing at on Western TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muuFygvXPAM

They did it so boldly and laughing because the Western society is SEXIST!

The women in the audience were even laughing.

These women have not been sacked from their jobs on TV.

Imagine it was men that were laughing at domestic abuse, not to talk of a husband cutting off his wife's breaasts.

What do you think would happen to those men's careers on TV?

This is absolutely mad and distasteful and I am with you on this 100 %.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 10:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

No, they were brought up to believe that men are and must be strong and that men are not allowed to be weak. They were brought up in the belief that women are weaker and make the wrong conclusion that a woman is unable (at least physically) to abuse a man.

I am pretty sure that MOST men would make fun of other men who admit that they experience domestic violence. This is the reality. You are your own enemies, at times. I know you know it.

And you are here talking about the West when in Nigeria the police AND the judge would laugh in the man's face who claims that his wife beats him up, if not even openly call him a "wussy".

Yeah, and many abused women stay with their abuser, would lie to protect their abusers and some would even attack any man that beats him up to stop him abusing her.

So, by your logic, you women are your own worst enemies. We should just dump these domestic abuse laws since it is your faults. undecided
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 10:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

This is absolutely mad and distasteful and I am with you on this 100 %.

That is your Western society I have repeatedly been telling you about.

SEXIST!
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sagamite:

Yeah, and many abused women stay with their abuse, would lie to protect their abusers and some would even attack any man that beats him up to stop him abuser her.

This is very true.

So, by your logic, you women are your own worst enemies. We should just dumb these domestic abuse laws since it is your faults. undecided

A big no! BUT as far as I am informed, the law does not make any difference between a male and a female domestic abuse offender, does it?
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sagamite:

That is your Western society I have repeatedly been telling you about.

SEXIST!

I am grateful to you for making me see things from the other perspective. Just in case, you still haven't noticed. smiley tongue
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 11:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

This is very true.

A big no! BUT as far as I am informed, the law does not make any difference between a male and female domestic abuse offender, does it?

It does!

Have you seen Solange arrested and in court for the same thing Chris Brown and Ray Rice were arrested for?

Have you seen her even face any backlash from the press?
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 11:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
Western society is now full of wussy fcktards!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQt29-TAyjY

So many sexist adverts on UK tv discriminating on men.

Adverts which would not be allowed by the advertising board or the press if it was women being discriminated against in the same manner.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sagamite:

You are dimwitted!

What your tiny-winny brain don't get is that:

a) In no Western country is having sex with a drunk man regarded as illegal or regarded as lacking consent.

b) In no Western country is having sex with a drunk man going to be regarded as raape and end up in court.

c) In no Western country is having sex with a drunk man and leading to a child being conceived would the man not have to pay for the child, neither can he demand an abortion.

He would be blamed and told to pay for the child through his teeth in every gaddam country. They don't need evidence or any kind of such things, it would just be thrown out of court as his fault for being drunk, if one assumes stupidly in the first place that prosecutors would even take it there.

False. False. False.
Male or female, all the above is ra.pe under law. It's proving it that's another thing altogether. Evidence involves physical evidence, circumstantial evidence and third party testimony if available. Guilt must be proven beyond reasonable doubt for a conviction to occur.

There are quite a few ra.pe categorizations under law, with more than 128 different combinations available for prosecution:

Female Aggressor vs Male Victim
Male Aggressor vs Female Victim
Sodomy vs intercourse
Adult vs minor aggressor
Adult vs minor victim
Ability impaired aggressor
Ability impaired victim
ETC
And so forth...

The estimate is that 10% of sexual assault cases have a male victim. Of that 10%, "male on male sodomy" sex.ual assault covers the vast majority of that 10%, followed by "adult male on male minor", and "adult female on male minor" (which are further prosecuted as child abuse and child se.xual assault). [/quote]

Men are held responsible for their action and ability to give consent when drunk, so it is purely moronic to now make a law where women are not held responsible for their actions and ability to give consent. It is SEXIST!

False @ bold. The law hasn't changed anything regarding the necessary attainment of consent, it merely made "YES" the word of operation. I've already explained my stance on this law. It changes nothing. At the root of it all, it's still a he-said/she-said situation.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by okotv(m): 11:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

your last paragraph feels you have something bitter against Nigeria and our constituted authority
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sagamite:

Duh!

I take it you have nothing to say...lmao
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
okotv: your last paragraph feels you have something bitter against Nigeria and our constituted authority

I have something against any authority that is treating people unjustly. It really doesn't matter if it is Nigerian or not.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 11:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

False. False. False.
Male or female, all the above is ra.pe under law. It's proving it that's another thing altogether. Evidence involves physical evidence, circumstantial evidence and third party testimony if available. Guilt must be proven beyond reasonable doubt for conviction.

There are quite a few ra.pe categorizations under law, with more than 128 different combinations available for prosecution:

Female Aggressor vs Male Victim
Male Aggressor vs Female Victim
Sodomy vs intercourse
Adult vs minor aggressor
Adult vs minor victim
Ability impaired aggressor
Ability impaired victim
ETC
And so forth..,

The estimate is that 10% of sexual assault cases have a male victim. Of that 10%, "male on male sodomy" sex.ual assault covers the vast majority of that 10%, followed by "adult male on male minor", and "adult female on male minor" (which are further prosecuted as child abuse and child se.xual assault).

Men are held responsible for their action and ability to give consent when drunk, so it is purely moronic to now make a law where women are not held responsible for their actions and ability to give consent. It is SEXIST!

False @ bold. The law hasn't changed anything regarding the necessary attainment of consent, it merely made "YES" the word of operation. I've already explained my stance on this law. It changes nothing. At the root of it all, it's still a he-said/she-said situation.

Shut the fck up!

I am still waiting for the example of a Western country where a woman is arrested for raape by sleeping with a drunk man that I asked you many pages ago and you were dodging and beating bout the bush.

Show me ONE country!
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by okotv(m): 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I have something against any authority that is treating people unjustly. It really doesn't matter if it is Nigerian or not.
I will try my best to monitor you till September 30 to fund out although I hope you are right
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 11:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I take it you have nothing to say...lmao

I can't and don't need to be pointing to dumb people something they have openly done in front of everybody.

I have better ways to use time.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sagamite:

It does!

Have you seen Solange arrested and in court for the same thing Chris Brown and Ray Rice were arrested for?

Have you seen her even face any backlash from the press?

It's because men are usually stronger. It's because people assume that a man can defend himself.

I am not saying that this is right but this is how MOST people think. In the UK, in Nigeria, in Germany, in Poland, in Russia, in Spain, in Turkey.

That's why it's good that we talk about it.

I have recently seen a talk show on child abuse committed by women. Most people think that there is no such a thing but there are mothers out there who DO sex.ually abuse their little sons. People aren't informed well.

I just burnt something in the oven ...... great!

It's late, I will suffer at work tomorrow. Don't like being tired. I might abuse someone.

I hope, nobody will be offended by this. grin tongue
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
okotv: I will try my best to monitor you till September 30 to fund out although I hope you are right

Ok, have fun. wink
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 11:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
person ediots of the West that call themselves "real men" now face absolute discrimination legally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbyMiiDXETQ
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 11:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It's because men are usually stronger. It's because people assume that a man can defend himself.

I am not saying that this is right but this is how MOST people think. In the UK, in Nigeria, in Germany, in Poland, in Russia, in Spain, in Turkey.

That's why it's good that we talk about it.

I have recently seen a talk show on child abuse committed by women. Most people think that there is no such a thing but there are mothers out there who DO sex.ually abuse their little sons. People aren't informed well.

I just burnt something in the oven ...... great!

It's late, I will suffer at work tomorrow. Don't like being tired. I might abuse someone.

I hope, nobody will be offended by this. grin tongue

Oh, and when Ray Rice "defended" himself against domestic violence, what happened?

Can you see why it is senseless for the law to not give equal protection and leave men to deal with their own protection?
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by okotv(m): 11:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Ok, have fun. wink
of course I will cause of your foreign intellect I guess
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 11:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
Look at this person "Real Man" arguing that men should take shyt to be man and a logical women has to correct the dumb person!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D33L4zxjpH0

I hate real men!

The woman even said it clearly that the pat-on-the-back-desperate Wussy men in the West can't speak up.

Bloody moronic cretins trying to show they are "progressive".
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sagamite:

Oh, and when Ray Rice "defended" himself against domestic violence, what happened?

I haven't heard of this case. I am not into sports. I rarely watch TV but you can explain to me what happened, please.

Can you see why it is senseless for the law to not give equal protection and leave men to deal with their own protection?

We have to differentiate now. Is the law not giving equal protection to male and female domestic abuse victims or the society. These are two different things.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
okotv: of course I will cause of your foreign intellect I guess

Made in Germany baby! kiss kiss
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I haven't heard of this case. I am not into sports. I rarely watch TV but you can explain to me what happened, please.

We have to differentiate now. Is the law not giving equal protection to male and female domestic abuse victims or the society. These are two different things.

www.nairaland.com/1897498/violence-again-double-standards

The law in written form might be, but the law enforcers and the press definitely do not.

Without enforcers and the press, a law is meaningless.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sagamite:

Shut the fck up!

I am still waiting for the example of a Western country where a woman is arrested for raape by sleeping with a drunk man that I asked you many pages ago and you were dodging and beating bout the bush.

Show me ONE country!

Pitiful! You don't like facts, do you? You're rubbishing the law earlier, but now I tell you that the law covers that, you want an "example"? There was a time I thought I wanted to be a lawyer, and worked as a part-time paralegal assistant/receptionist at a small firm. I swear, it almost seems as if the laws aren't as sexist to men as you wish they were!

Despite the unfortunate disparity in reporting, there are convicted cases of female ra.pists out there (and all manner of other crazy crimes committed by female criminals for that matter). Google is your friend.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sagamite:

I can't and don't need to be pointing to dumb people something they have openly done in front of everybody.

I have better ways to use time.

I see...

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo / Putin Launches World's Longest 70 km Underground Rail Line In Russia (Photos) / Biggest US Navy War Games In 40 Years To Prepare For WW3( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.