Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California - Foreign Affairs (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California (67035 Views)

4 Killed In California Shooting Spree / A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh / The People Of California Have Banned Gay Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 22, 2014
jnrbayano: If its a case of the lady making the move, does the law also stipulates the lady to pop the question and the man to consent or is it usually the other way round?
it goes both ways, stop asking a jamb question. Women are capable of raping too
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 22, 2014
Repteam: Can someone just explain to me concisely what this means
valid consent has to be given, silence and non-resistance doesn't form part of valid consent.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 22, 2014
hisableplc: What if she says yes n tells court no....where is d proof dat claims she said yes...the bible cant be modified flee from fornication or say yes in d court or pupilt.
the court considers more factors beyond hey simply claiming that she said no undecided
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 22, 2014
MayorofLagos: It means sex will be preceded by a question and answer session.

Boy: do you know what i am getting ready to do you?

Girl: yes!

Boy: are you aware i have an ere.ction?

Boy: do you know what erect pennees do?

Boy: under California statute code 739 section X.X.X, do you consent to be fvckd by this penees?

Boy: to prove intent and consent in the AFFIRMATIVE grab the penees and insert it in your body.

Girl: ok.

cool cool I change my mind about relocating to California! Im going to Utah instead.

you do know that consent can be expressed or implied right undecided
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 22, 2014
Afam4eva: How about guys asking girls to say YES under durress

Boy: Oya, say YEs or i slit your throat

Girl: YES YES YES

There will always be loopholes, so, it's best they just leave things the way they are. Too many laws does not necessarily mean that crime will reduce. It just means that more innocent people will go to jail.
this is exactly what they are trying to prevent by introducing this Bill. Consent has to be willingly and freely given for it to be valid.

Its the same as when a person signs a contract under duress, they can revoke it because intention was lacking
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 22, 2014
Chinom: It's a stoopid law and a complete waste of public fund. It does not change anything. The " No means No" law was hard enough to implement. Girls generally respond with their body and eyes. No Naija babe will tell you "Yes, you can fu*k me now" . No akata babe either.
Some girls will even grab your d*ck without saying a word.
who said you are not free to report rape, if u didnt want to engage with her seuxually?
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
Sagamite:

You perception of answering is "if" and sitting on the fence until I showed you how Sagamite forces fooools to answer questions. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sexist ediot!

Bullshyt. I was always using "if" and will continue to. Anything with conditions to it involves the word "if" by definition. I've said, "if she was intoxicated and did not give prior consent, it's ra.pe". The only difference is that you were paying disproportionate attention to the "it's ra.pe" portion of the argument when the discussion was focused on women so much so that you find it shocking to find that same conditional "if" there in reference to male ra.pe.

Such is the story of how I magically became a sex.ist man-hater on the basis of "if". Now, an obvious sex.ist is using the word "sex.ist" to insult me. Now, I "sit on a fence" and as a fool shows me my foolish ways. Now, it's: "Enlightenedsoul and the average woman approves of this *insert terrible video here*".

Please. If irrationality could kill...

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by hisableplc(m): 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: the court considers more factors beyond hey simply claiming that she said no undecided

Factors like?
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
hisableplc:

Factors like?

-signs of any use of physical force
- the state she was in when she reported the matter
- was she unduly influenced
-medical tests
-drug tests
-any other form of evidence at the crime scene
-witnesses who could have seen or heard something ( you dont want to go lying about being raped only for a neighbour to testify that he/she heard u screaming "oh baby" and moaning)

You just don't walk into a police station and claim that you were raped, and expect a file to be opened as easy as that.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by hisableplc(m): 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets:

-signs of any use of physical force
- the state she was in when she reported the matter
- was she unduly influenced
-medical tests
-drug tests
-any other form of evidence at the crime scene
-witnesses who could have seen or heard something ( you dont want to go lying about being raped only for a neighbour to testify that he/she heard u screaming "oh baby" and moaning)

You just don't walk into a police station and claim that you were raped, and expect a file to be opened as easy as that.

Well you try small but all these could be maneuvered we all know even agreed sex could sometime come with physical force
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
hisableplc:

Well you try small but all these could be maneuvered we all know even agreed sex could sometime come with physical force
well if its BDSM maybe...
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nctrice(m): 10:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: until your daughter is raped with a gun raised against her head because she remained silent you will understand why
so you really think a guy with a gun would wait for lady to say "yes" before he molest her? You must be kidding me! Besides my comment was not in anyway supporting rapist! My concern was purely based on the loop hole or perhaps skewed nature of such bill...
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 1:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
Truckpusher: Hey ! junkyboy ,Shut up you iidiot. angry
Lmao @ humiliating me before the girls you salivate to have, but they know and I know that you're a lunatic on the loose ......................You must be so deluded that you had to go through my posts using my chi-chat to accuse me of actually chasing girls here......smh grin

On a very serious note, have you enrolled in that rehab program I recommended for you? undecided

You are a cretinous person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYbJsVANqNk

This was the thread, cockroach

https://www.nairaland.com/1569756/jonathan-transforms-murtala-muhammed-airport/10#20532730

I am watching your dumb arse!

You are in for the normal intellectual bullying that God's like me have the liberty to unleash on fcktards like you.

You dare say something dumb on this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukBOeHcMH_g

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 1:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
Mondisweets: until your daughter is raped with a gun raised against her head because she remained silent you will understand why

You are a cretinous person!

How does the law has relevance to people putting a gun on someone's head?

There is no extant law(s) already covering that?

You pulled this moronic opinion out of your arsse?

2 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 1:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
Mondisweets: A few days back i went to listen to a case where a women (she was drugged) was gang raped by 4 men. She was penetrated both ways and guess what their excuse was, she didn't show any resistence so it wasnt rape undecided

There are no extant laws covering this?

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Bullshyt. I was always using "if" and will continue to. Anything with conditions to it involves the word "if" by definition. I've said, "if she was intoxicated and did not give prior consent, it's ra.pe". The only difference is that you were paying disproportionate attention to the "it's ra.pe" portion of the argument when the discussion was focused on women so much so that you find it shocking to find that same conditional "if" there in reference to male ra.pe.

Such is the story of how I magically became a sex.ist man-hater on the basis of "if". Now, an obvious sex.ist is using the word "sex.ist" to insult me. Now, I "sit on a fence" and as a fool shows me my foolish ways. Now, it's: "Enlightenedsoul and the average woman approves of this *insert terrible video here*".

Please. If irrationality could kill...

Ohhh, shut up!

You are a sexist and I have proven to you to accept the law is sexist, so keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

There are no extant laws covering this?
u clearly have no purpose in life thats why you always feel that there is a need to insult everyone else to feel better about yourself. Seriously get a life, many men your age do. For pits sake you are over 30, act your age dammit!
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
Mondisweets: u clearly have no purpose in life thats why you always feel that there is a need to insult everyone else to feel better about yourself. Seriously get a life, many men your age do. For pits sake you are over 30, act your age dammit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g31y7SZ5Ego

Cretinous person, you think you can indirectly insult people, dumb c*nt?

You think I am a mooron like truckpusher?

Answer the gaddam questions to your dumb statements.

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

Truckpusher is way better looking than you though! grin U are so sad!

I don't ever remember ever saying that the courts accepted it as a defence! Of course non-resistance is not a form of valid consent! They were just desperately looking for a way not to get a heavy sentence
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by chibwike(m): 3:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
so?
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by chibwike(m): 3:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g31y7SZ5Ego

stop insulting Mondisweets please
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
chibwike: stop insulting mondisweets please
dont mind him! This is what happens when you are over 30 and have no life! Besides we do need people like him so we can shows kids an example of what they should never become when they grow up grin

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by chibwike(m): 3:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
Mondisweets: dont mind him! This is what happens when you are over 30 and have no life! Besides we do need people like him so we can shows kids an example of what they should never become when they grow up grin
anyone that insults someone like you, is not ok mentally
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
chibwike: anyone that insults someone like you, is not ok mentally
where have u been hiding?

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
Mondisweets: Truckpusher is way better looking than you though! grin U are so sad!

I don't ever remember ever saying that the courts accepted it as a defence! Of course non-resistance is not a form of valid consent! They were just desperately looking for a way not to get a heavy sentence

To a hoodrat like you, of course he would be. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What the fck is the crap you wrote after that?

chibwike: stop insulting Mondisweets please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpHo1Qx-stU&index=9

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
chibwike: anyone that insults someone like you, is not ok mentally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=givkx1h6ZKA

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by chibwike(m): 3:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

To a hoodrat like you, of course he would be. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What the fck is the crap you wrote after that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpHo1Qx-stU&index=9

i dont even have enough mb to browse, talkless of watching the video
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by chibwike(m): 3:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
Mondisweets: where have u been hiding?
have been around oh, i shud be asking you that..u kinda scarce
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Sagamite(m): 3:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
chibwike: i dont even have enough mb to browse, talkless of watching the video

Good for you. grin grin grin grin grin

Now I can see why you are at a level that fits the skank. grin

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
chibwike: have been around oh, i shud be asking you that..u kinda scarce
i have been busy. Trying to sort of a couple of things
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by chibwike(m): 3:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

Good for you. grin grin grin grin grin

Now I can see why you are at a level that fits the skank. grin
ok
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by chibwike(m): 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
Mondisweets: i have been busy. Trying to sort of a couple of things
ok, really missed you, did you see that wooing thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Putin Launches World's Longest 70 km Underground Rail Line In Russia (Photos) / Biggest US Navy War Games In 40 Years To Prepare For WW3( Pics) / This Is What The World's Biggest Nuclear Bomb Explosion Looks Like (Video, Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.