Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome (78399 Views)

Anita Oyakhilome Shades Ex-husband, Pastor Chris / Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by onegig(m): 5:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
tbaba1234:

Again your opinions.. No sources

I have actually studied the Quran at a decent scholarly level so I find your comments rather ludicrous.

Encourages oppression?? :

You who believe, uphold justice and bear witness to God, even if it is against yourselves, your parents, or your close relatives. Whether the person is rich or poor, God can best take care of both. Refrain from following your own desire, so that you can act justly–– if you distort or neglect justice, God is fully aware of what you do.(Surah4:135)

In Medieval times, Christian scholars criticised Islam for giving Women too much freedom - now they say Islam doesn't give them enough.

I'd rather not derail the thread further.

Here's a pdf translation of the Quran.

islam24hours.yolasite.com/resources/Quran-Abdel-Haleem-Translation.pdf

You should have even moved on the moment he started spewing the rubbish about questioning the Holy Book and so on. Shows he knows little or nothing about what he says.

The ignorance is crystal clear and legendary. He is no different from some Americans who believe all Africans are poor leaf wearing people who live on trees like monkeys. Sure he draws all his knowledge not from gullible watching of some news outlet and not independent reading an intellectual would recognise is basic in understanding a phenomena.
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by okzcorp: 5:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
PASTOR CHRIS; The Look and Live Crooner.

Now you look, listen, follow and PERISH.
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Solowande(m): 6:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
habex005: end time things.....

Lord have mercy
Hw endtime take com enter dis tori na? Na today we dey hear endtime.

1 Like

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by lastmessenger: 6:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
iwonbaoko: God does NOT Intervene in the affairs of Men goats cockroaches or lice. Anyone claiming to be a man of God is deceiving the people. Nigerians are always looking for blessings and breakthroughs and miracles etc. Lazy people. Examine the world around you the things we cherish so much are MATERIAL things and those peoples who have those things for which Nigerians pray the most for do not waste their time in churches. If God is so important to you focus on getting to heaven and stop sowing " Investment seeds" seeking MATERIAL things. Once again look at the world around you what church does Dangote or Bill Gates go to ? what of Richard Branson, Lionel Messi,Abramovich,Warren Buffet etc.
If you want money and riches get busy and leave God alone.
Hugs you and run away with your brain.

1 Like

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 03, 2014
[size=28pt]BETTER THAN TERRORISM AND BEHEADING OF HUMANS!!![/size]
Iamsynord: This is the Edge Islam is having..Hw many Muslim clerics have we seen divorcing ?? The two Chris ( the Chris okotie) and now Chris oyalkilome who supposedly has A PhD in Theology.
hmn ??

6 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by prophecy: 6:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
Either way, this is not a nice thing to happen to anyone and indeed very hard for the children. As someone that comes from a broken home, wait, more like shattered home for want of a better word to describe it, none of us here would desire this to happen to us, so we should look and learn and pray that our lot would be better.

Yeah, yeah some people would be saying they're men/women of God etc like they're perfect, yes we expect them to be a lot more perfect than we are as "role models", but then I've learnt from the wisdom of scriptures not to rejoice when anyone falls, and to resist the absolute joy of seeing men of God I don't gel with fall and ridicule themselves, but rather learn from the situation and hope and pray by applying lessons learnt and experience to make mine better!

O yes, for those of us who are "bible believing Christians" lets chew on this a second shall we?

Galatians 6:1 Living Bible (TLB)
Dear brothers, if a Christian is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help him back onto the right path, remembering that next time it might be one of you who is in the wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Engen(m): 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
driving a volkswagon golf until 2005 that we bought her a BMW
X3 and she still refused to drive it for many months until she was begged to use it so that we can be blessed.

All you mugus that go give churches your money and believing God will bless you, you people think God is BABA IJEBU...lotto...think, how can the creator of the universe need your money to bless you. Most religious people Christians and Muslims you people don't think at all...PITY SHAME PITY PITY...

2 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by lawrenceunaa: 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
rattlesnake: and why some of them molest kids undecided
but most pastors molest female members especially women during prayer session

2 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Christmygoal(m): 6:25pm On Sep 03, 2014
Almighty father,since you hate divorce.......pls my father, heal their marriage in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Midastorch(m): 6:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
Leaving ones wife for almost 14 freaking years Now I can deduce why "mr" Oyakhilome stamped self servicing.you can also imagine the kind of girls that are church workers at our institutions believers love world.90% of them are popular "Hoes" when u see them carrying g their bibles on Sundays, I just laugh.

4 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by raphy(m): 6:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
martyns303:
*Grabs him by the trouser and request help* abeg make person bring rope, na new mad man.
running to help with d mad man taking a leg cuf with me
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by raphy(m): 6:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
lastmessenger:
Hugs you and run away with your brain.
how does this make sense?

1 Like

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by anonimi: 6:45pm On Sep 03, 2014
prophecy:

Galatians 6:1 Living Bible (TLB)
Dear brothers, if a Christian is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help him back onto the right path, remembering that next time it might be one of you who is in the wrong.

Great Bible quote you have up there but please note that it does NOT apply for those who sit in authority over other Christians such as a Pastor, Deacon, Bishop etc. If he is humbly helped "back onto the right path" he must CEASE to instruct others in the way of the Lord as the instruction will be pointless if NOT matched by his actions, i.e. Do as I do is the golden rule for leadership.

Your quote also ASSUMES that the fallen Christian "overcome by some sin" is WILLING and READY to accept being helped. Do you know if that is the case of Chris Oyakhilome

2 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
Bobby4090: The Man should make out time for his family. its as simple as that. How can the man and his family be leaving in two different continents in the name of church programmes. How can Pastor Chris's house thats off Opebi street in ikeja be filled with single and unmarried church girls when his family is begging for his attention. What manner of family and example is that. Does he think its just money that a married woman and kids need to make them happy? They need his affection, his presence, his direction and his leadership. If all these things are lacking then something is wrong somewhere. How can you and your kids leave apart for 16 years and you call yourself a father. Pastor Chris knows whats up and thats why he is happy with the arrangement. All those girls that flock round him and travel with his to different church programmes while his wife is being excluded are very wicked and home breakers. This calls for an intervention of the church leaders please.

A one-sided and biased writeup. A woman marries a man who is a citizen of Nigeria and who oversees a ministry based in Nigeria should be
domiciled with him in Nigeria. What is she doing in the UK leaving her husband alone in Nigeria? He can either go live with her in the UK (with consequences on his ministry) or file for divorce. And he chose to do neither.
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Trustyd1(m): 6:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
I don't believe anything about this post.
The writer is and importer.
The story hp one sided too.
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by okotv(m): 7:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
Truckpusher: I'm Nigerian that resides in Nigeria born and bred in Nigeria and widely traveled to witness other cultures and way of life and I can assure you that many Nigerians are still going to church today because of two factors and once those factors collapses going to church in Nigeria would look like doing God a favor.
but you push trucks...give me that business idea please...hahaha
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by dupsy782002: 7:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
In as much as dis story is one sided, I want us to know dat dis analysis above is d true picture of why mrs anita wanted a divorce.Having taking a critical look at many pastors and their ministries of late, it has been observed dat most pastors do not know how to manage their marriage and their calling thus affecting their relationship wt their spouse. I advise pastor chris to go n watch one of the mount zion film titled ( stormy seas pt 1-6) and oda pastors. They need to learn to balance bet dia marriages n dia ministries b4 we can say a pastor is sucesful cos if yur ministry is growing and yur marriage is failing den wat will d members earn from u. Anyway, most of d pastors have turn church to bizness centres sha cos of money. If u look around u, u will knw dat a lot of pastor's wife are suffering from wat anita is suffering from, bur dely stay and endure it so dat d society n church members will not suspect n condemn dem of divorce. I wanted to blv dat b4 ds woman will opt 4 divorce, she must av gone tru hell. Imagine, married bur single. She cdnt stand d loneliness again dats y she opted out insted of commiting adultery and people will crucify her not knowing what she is goin tru emotionally.

3 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by erasokafor(m): 7:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
There is something we shld knw about marriage issues. The couples can't tell us the whole story. Two of them knw what their real prblm is .but if I can judge,I will say that distance is one of their problms becos couple shldnt stay apart. The bible says that a family that prays together stays together.let them not allow the devil to destroy their church. We the christians n muslims shld put them in prayer becos if it affects one it affects all. We r all in the same race of making heaven,so can we pray n ask God to arrest this situation n turn that house to a happy home.I'm not a member,I am a cath but my prayer n that of others can go along way helping to better this situation and restore peace. We are one body in christ.God bless u all

2 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by peteregwu(m): 7:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
PLS LET THE MUSLIMS JUST KEEP QUIET HERE, BECAUSE THEIR OWN IS THE WORST. MOHAMMED MARRIED 6YR OLD AISHA. EVEN THE NIGERIAN MUSLIM SENATOR ABOUT 50+ YRS MARRIED A 13YRS OLD. AND THE MALE MUSLIMS CAN MARRY UPTO 4 WIVES. SO YRS IS D WORST, YOU ALWAYS HIDE YOUR EVIL.

4 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by 2tek: 7:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
Seun:
I think adultery is the only condition for divorce that is permitted in the bible. As for forgiveness, can that truly happen without repentance?
Adultery is NOT ENOUGH reason for divorce. The bible stated it clearly that the two SHALL become ONE(nd CAN NOT b divorced) and that WHOEVER DIVORCES his wife/husband and marries another has commited adultery. The divorce as a result of adultery can ONLY happen if u have a father's consent to marry his daughter after engagement without bride price. ONCE u have paid the bride price, NO DIVORCE is allowed as a result of adultery. What God has joined together, let NO MAN(adultery) put asunder. This is the position of the BIBLE and the catholic church until some randy half-baked semi unclad mushroom churches twisted it. Click like if u agree.
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by peteregwu(m): 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2014
2tek:
Adultery is NOT ENOUGH reason for divorce. The bible stated it clearly that the two SHALL become ONE(nd CAN NOT b divorced) and that WHOEVER DIVORCES his wife/husband and marries another has commited adultery. The divorce as a result of adultery can ONLY happen if u have a father's consent to marry his daughter after engagement without bride price. ONCE u have paid the bride price, NO DIVORCE is allowed as a result of adultery. What God has joined together, let NO MAN(adultery) put asunder. This is the position of the BIBLE and the catholic church until some randy half-baked semi unclad mushroom churches twisted it. Click like if u agree.

According to the bible, if anyone divorce whether because of adultery or whatever, he or she will remain unmarried till death.....only death will or can do that part. but if anyone of them remarry, that's adultery and the penalty is Gods judgment in hell fire.
Mark 10:11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. 10:12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by cytellProperty: 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
sirjohnson: Latest update is that Oyakhilome replaces wife with Sinach on his personal website. Read it Here
You are nought.
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by fckmn24seg(m): 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
erasokafor: There is something we shld knw about marriage issues. The couples can't tell us the whole story. Two of them knw what their real prblm is .but if I can judge,I will say that distance is one of their problms becos couple shldnt stay apart. The bible says that a family that prays together stays together.[color=#000099][/color]let them not allow the devil to destroy their church. We the christians n muslims shld put them in prayer becos if it affects one it affects all. We r all in the same race of making heaven,so can we pray n ask God to arrest this situation n turn that house to a happy home.I'm not a member,I am a cath but my prayer n that of others can go along way helping to better this situation and restore peace. We are one body in christ.God bless u all

pls tell me the bible verse that says that BOLDED SENTENCE

1 Like

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by specco(m): 7:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
2tek:

I'm not in support of divorce but please go back and read that chapter and verse very well before you come here to 'wrongly' share the word. It's not what your church says that matter but what the bible says. Nevertheless , I pray that God will see them through it all and in the end only His name will be glorified.

2 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Bobby4090: 7:45pm On Sep 03, 2014
kalokalo:

A one-sided and biased writeup. A woman marries a man who is a citizen of Nigeria and who oversees a ministry based in Nigeria should be
domiciled with him in Nigeria. What is she doing in the UK leaving her husband alone in Nigeria? He can either go live with her in the UK (with consequences on his ministry) or file for divorce. And he chose to do neither.

Am sure the woman was in London with the man's consent and encouragement because she was there opening new branches of the UK church there. Probably she should have come back after a while to chase away those single unclad girls that living with him in ikeja while she was away. Who knows the whole story?
And this their strange example has been copied by the church members cos now you see many christ embassy couples attending and pastoring different branches of same church n living in different towns with their spouse all in the name of ministry work. The go to different church programmes without their spouses and lodge in same hotel with church members of opposite sex. Tell me, is that not a high way to open temptation just as Anita accused Chris of adultery.

2 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by mikkybrick: 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
Matthew 19:9 ESV

And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

1 Corinthians 7:15 ESV

But if the unbelieving partner separates, let it be so. In such cases the brother or sister is not enslaved. God has called you to peace.

Matthew 5:32 ESV

But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

1 Corinthians 7:10-11 ESV

To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband (but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife.

Matthew 5:31-32 ESV /

“It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Culled from: http://www.openbible.info/topics/remarrying_after_divorce

1 Like

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Ladybluecash(f): 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
Chaiii chaiii pastor chris ds tin u r doin to rev anita is nt good oo, rememba diaris god ooo. Atleast we go hear word for ds embassy pple dem go dey shout glory glory evrywhr. Yeye dey smell. Na d poor woman i feel for, may god hlp her jare

2 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Jomark(m): 7:56pm On Sep 03, 2014
Iamsynord: This is the Edge Islam is having..Hw many Muslim clerics have we seen divorcing ?? The two Chris ( the Chris okotie) and now Chris oyalkilome who supposedly has A PhD in Theology.
hmn ??
You be fool o...lol who told you they dont. They marry four and still divorce and remarry. Islam is a religion against women.

3 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
Engen: driving a volkswagon golf until 2005 that we bought her a BMW
X3 and she still refused to drive it for many months until she was begged to use it so that we can be blessed.

All you mugus that go give churches your money and believing God will bless you, you people think God is BABA IJEBU...lotto...think how can the creator of the universe needs your money to bless you. Most religious people Christians and Muslims you people don't think at all...PITY SHAME PITY PITY...

think before you talk. if you don't know about the subject then keep your stupid opinion to yourself. only fools talk about what they know nothing about.
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by erasokafor(m): 8:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
fckmn24seg:

pls tell me the bible verse that says that BOLDED SENTENCE
I stand to be corrected if its not in d bible but if d point I made is moronic n unacceptable then forget abt what I said n take what u think my mind accepts. As for quoting verses n chapters I'm not good at that but at least I knw what is right n wrong n I see ntn wrong with my opinion. Correct me further becos thru it we learn. Tnks for the observation

1 Like

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by sirjohnson(m): 8:25pm On Sep 03, 2014
cytellProperty:
I am nought.

Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Buys New Helicopter For Rural Evangelism / "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' / 7 Different Churches In One Building in Lagos, See Nigerians' Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.