Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome (78412 Views)

Anita Oyakhilome Shades Ex-husband, Pastor Chris / Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 03, 2014
Seun:
It is not divorce that destroys families. Rather it's the destruction of the family by selfishness, strife and unfaithfulness that leads to divorce.
THIS IS IT...THESE ARE THE ROOT CAUSES...MADE MY DAY!!!
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Truckpusher(m): 4:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
Chanchit:

So you be American Christian..?
I'm Nigerian that resides in Nigeria born and bred in Nigeria and widely traveled to witness other cultures and way of life and I can assure you that many Nigerians are still going to church today because of two factors and once those factors collapses going to church in Nigeria would look like doing God a favor.

3 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Truckpusher(m): 4:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
Fourwinds:
oh.! u don't know some Nigeria women. dats y pastors are deir first call point if dey have problem before deir husband gets to know. flat tyre...pastor.,terrible dream....pastor., query at work... pastor., in-laws...pastor. making d husband look like a fool.
grin grin grin
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by bigazu(m): 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
Abeg what is 'white house' in d church?
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by wickyyolo: 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
Bible says; " as it was in the days of noah so shall it be in the day of the Son of Man." Noah time all creature went into the ark in pairs. So even in heaven you have to enter as man and woman. Imagine pastor chris teaching us on ways to go to heaven. He is not ready to go with his wife. I doubt we will see him there.
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Truckpusher(m): 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
tbaba1234:

You who believe, it is not lawful for you to inherit women against their will, nor should you treat your wives harshly, hoping to take back some of the bride-gift you gave them, unless they are guilty of something clearly outrageous. Live with them in accordance with what is fair and kind: if you dislike them, it may well be that you dislike something in which God has put much good [ Quran 4 19-20]

You guys are well versed in that your quran but you can't fool people like us.

Every human being irrespective of their gender,creed and race deserves unlimited freedom of speeech, expression and wants under the confines of the law and under no circumstances should those rights be subjected to any form of scrutiny or questioned under the pretext of religion,culture and ideology to deprive any group of people their God given right.......Islam does exactly the opposite while Christianity have been able to look the other way because the West the pioneer of Christianity saw that there was a need to let every everybody irrespective of their gender to make decisions for themselves even God himself would be proud of this because judgement is personal.

1 Like

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by ebukaOtika(m): 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
Sparrow13: Thats why Rev. Fr. Don't marry.

GBAM,,.,,,,.,,.. One of the Reasons they Dont Marry...

1 Like

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by ebukaOtika(m): 4:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
rattlesnake: and why some of them molest kids undecided

And How Many has Molested you ? Even the Married ones Still Molest Kids,.,,,
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Truckpusher(m): 4:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
stonemind:
you will surely rot in HELL insha Allah
Another Islamic fundamentalist in the making.

If people like me should draw close to the corridors of power Islam would become history even God himself would be rattled.

1 Like

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Crixina(f): 4:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
Bobby4090:

The Man's residence thats off Opebi street, Ikeja is called "white house". Its big and painted house. While his family have been out for 16 years, the "White house" is being populated by single unclad girls who call themselves church workers and the man is comfortable with that arrangement for reasons best known to him. This was one of the early roots of the divorce case because the man has refused to send them away or rent a place for them even after the wife and his daughters told him to. I was there once December last year, looks like a club house.
thanks for that explanation.then why should the divorce be a surprise to us all?am not judging but a guy who runs a playboy mansion doesn't exactly fit the profile of a pastor.though I know some folks will see nothing wrong with that.

2 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Crixina(f): 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
Holy dick...this got me cracking. grin
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Qasim6(m): 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
if the alegation of adultery against pastor chris is true ao com he has been able to perform those miracles

tot only men of God can do dat

jst wondering
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Truckpusher(m): 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
Haywhymido: is dat d extent to which ur pastor brainwash u reach?? or u jst want to show to d world ur lvl of ignorant abt islam. Kindly seek knowlege nxt time b4 saying/typing nonsense. Knowlege doesn't kill u knw, ignorance do.
Of course we are witnessing the knowledge of Islam in Afghanistan,Pakistan,Middle Eastern countries ,Iran,Northern Nigeria etc

You guys are are just bunch of deluded fellows whom the West are using as willing tools to rein in their own people and as soon as your are no longer relevant you'd be wasted.

Trust me you're still under the mercy of Christianity and the West.......You're just ranting when the time is up then it is up.

1 Like

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by tbaba1234: 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
Truckpusher: You guys are well versed in that your quran but you can't fool people like us.

Islam has sources. The Quran and the authentic traditions. Your impressions, opinions or prejudices are not valid and are unimportant.

Those sources command men to be the absolute best to their wives.

1 Like

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by lukaino(m): 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
Was she planted on London? why didn't she move in with her husband in Nigeria, SA or wherever it is he was residing.
A wise woman builds her home so the bible says.They got it wrong from when they decided to live apart by accident or by design.

1 Like

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Truckpusher(m): 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2014
tbaba1234:

Islam has sources. The Quran and the authentic traditions. Your impressions, opinions or prejudices are not valid and are unimportant.

Those sources command men to be the absolute best to their wives.

I never argued that Islam doesn't have sources just like Christianity they've all got sources but the truth remains that Islam is backward ,encourages oppression and blind loyalty that isn't to say that the Quran isn't rich.

The Quran is rich just like the bible but criminal elites over centuries have managed in using this message to control the people while it is easier in Christianity to question and argue about some things in Islam it is not ................in fact it is an offence punishable by death to question the authenticity of the Koran or the Imam.

Now tell me that such teachings and Religion aren't being manipulated to suit what they want you and I to hear and it continues for generations.

2 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by ebukaOtika(m): 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
Truckpusher: You guys are well versed in that your quran but you can't fool people like us.

Every human being irrespective of their gender,creed and race deserves unlimited freedom of speeech, expression and wants under the confines of the law and under no circumstances should those rights be subjected to any form of scrutiny or questioned under the pretext of religion,culture and ideology to deprive any group of people their God given right.......Islam does exactly the opposite while Christianity have been able to look the other way because the West the pioneer of Christianity saw that there was a need to let every everybody irrespective of their gender to make decisions for themselves even God himself would be proud of this because judgement is personal.

English Englisher Englishest
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by onoshenry(m): 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
Those who are hoping that Christ Embassy Head Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and his estranged wife Anita Oyakhilome will resolve their issues and get back together, shouldn't hold their breath as the woman is said to have vowed to divorce pastor Chris. - See more at: http://naija-gist..com/2014/09/im-done-with-pastor-chris-oyakhilome-no.html
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by eluquenson(m): 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
Total rubbish and disgrace to their followers...mtchewww undecided
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by feedthenation(m): 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2014
tbaba1234:

"A woman without a husband (or divorced or a widow) must not be married until she is consulted, and a virgin must not be married until her permission is sought... (Muslim)

You who believe, it is not lawful for you to inherit women against their will, nor should you treat your wives harshly, hoping to take back some of the bride-gift you gave them, unless they are guilty of something clearly outrageous. Live with them in accordance with what is fair and kind: if you dislike them, it may well be that you dislike something in which God has put much good [ Quran 4 19-20]

The Quran passage you quoted is different from what 'some' moslems practice in reality.
It quite obvious that people now know the real interpretation of the Quran, in that men are more favoured and women are treated differently.

This is a sad case which became public because of the high profile of the people involved.

1 Like

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by ebukaOtika(m): 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2014
Crixina: Holy dick...this got me cracking. grin

Yes its like a cross ,,.,,. +,,.,,,,. And Holy Sp.erm comes out of it,.,,, its like Oil.
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by room089: 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
Lord God please let this couple not divorce!
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Chigold101(m): 5:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
gift01: Inasmuch as I don't judge a one-sided story but I know the whites are down to earth and I know its almost unthinkable for a man and his wife to leave on seperate continents. The drama is still unfolding. May God's spirit of forgiveness reign in their heart
is pastor anita a white woman? She is thorough breed nigerian.

Divorce is bad. I already openned a thread where i am asking all to pray for pastor chris
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Chigold101(m): 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2014
onoshenry: Those who are hoping that Christ Embassy Head Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and his estranged wife Anita Oyakhilome will resolve their issues and get back together, shouldn't hold their breath as the woman is said to have vowed to divorce pastor Chris. - See more at: http://naija-gist..com/2014/09/im-done-with-pastor-chris-oyakhilome-no.html
nonesense... God has the final say... They will come back... I promise u
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by ebukaOtika(m): 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2014
Viewing dis topic 150 guests and 200 House Owners,.,,,Crixina my love how na,,.?

Rfella abeg come help me finish this Weed abeg,,,,
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by tbaba1234: 5:28pm On Sep 03, 2014
Truckpusher: I never argued that Islam doesn't have sources just like Christianity they've all got sources but the truth remains that Islam is backward ,encourages oppression and blind loyalty that isn't to say that the Quran isn't rich.

The Quran is rich just like the bible but criminal elites over centuries have managed in using this message to control the people while it is easier in Christianity to question and argue about some things in Islam it is not ................in fact it is an offence punishable by death to question the authenticity of the Koran or the Imam.

Now tell me that such teachings and Religion aren't being manipulated to suit what they want you and I to hear and it continues for generations.

Again your opinions.. No sources

I have actually studied the Quran at a decent scholarly level so I find your comments rather ludicrous.

Encourages oppression?? :

You who believe, uphold justice and bear witness to God, even if it is against yourselves, your parents, or your close relatives. Whether the person is rich or poor, God can best take care of both. Refrain from following your own desire, so that you can act justly–– if you distort or neglect justice, God is fully aware of what you do.(Surah4:135)

In Medieval times, Christian scholars criticised Islam for giving Women too much freedom - now they say Islam doesn't give them enough.

In victorian times,Muslims were seen as licentious sex-mad hedonists; now we're seen as self-repressed conservatives. in each time, the criticism against Islam was viewed as rational.

Thus, the West has made their own culture (no matter what it believes) the criteria of Rationality! Excuse me for leaving flock of sheep, but I'll stick to demanding intellectual justification before I am persuaded.

"At a time when feudal Europe was riddled with hierarchy, Islam was presented as an anarchic religion that gave too much respect and freedom to menials, such as slaves and women" Karen Armstrong - Historian

"The Muslims were horrified to see the way Western Christians treated their women in the Crusader states, and Christian scholars denounced Islam for giving too much power to menials like slaves and women" Karen Armstrong - Historian

I'd rather not derail the thread further.

Here's a pdf translation of the Quran.

islam24hours.yolasite.com/resources/Quran-Abdel-Haleem-Translation.pdf

5 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by dinggle: 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
Have you guys ever wondered if there is truly a GOD?
Or if the religion planted in us by the west was a charade used in subduing the African continent, which the brightest among us have long understood and now using to enrich themselves?
Think! Think!! Think!!!.........if there is a GOD why hasn't he found you or you found him?? why aren't our leaders afraid of him?
Why do you need a middle man (Pastor or spiritualist) to meet him/her? and yet they say your soul is precious to him.
Where did the Bible come from who wrote it?
Also understand that fear is the only means by which man can conquer man.
Before religion man was not afraid to die, After religion we all became cowards.
Without religion Nigerians would have sent all politicians to their early grave. Think!..Think!!..Think!!!

Remember even with religion the west committed the greatest atrocity with the act of slavery.

1 Like

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by ebukaOtika(m): 5:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
tbaba1234:

Again your opinions.. No sources

I have actually studied the Quran at a decent scholarly level so I find your comments rather ludicrous.

Encourages oppression?? :

You who believe, uphold justice and bear witness to God, even if it is against yourselves, your parents, or your close relatives. Whether the person is rich or poor, God can best take care of both. Refrain from following your own desire, so that you can act justly–– if you distort or neglect justice, God is fully aware of what you do.(Surah4:135)

In Medieval times, Christian scholars criticised Islam for giving Women too much freedom - now they say Islam doesn't give them enough.

In victorian times,Muslims were seen as licentious sex-mad hedonists; now we're seen as self-repressed conservatives. in each time, the criticism against Islam was viewed as rational.

Thus, the West has made their own culture (no matter what it believes) the criteria of Rationality! Excuse me for leaving flock of sheep, but I'll stick to demanding intellectual justification before I am persuaded.

"At a time when feudal Europe was riddled with hierarchy, Islam was presented as an anarchic religion that gave too much respect and freedom to menials, such as slaves and women" Karen Armstrong - Historian

"The Muslims were horrified to see the way Western Christians treated their women in the Crusader states, and Christian scholars denounced Islam for giving too much power to menials like slaves and women" Karen Armstrong - Historian

I'd rather not derail the thread further.

Here's a pdf translation of the Quran.

islam24hours.yolasite.com/resources/Quran-Abdel-Haleem-Translation.pdf

Case Closed,,.,,,,.

Benji Whats on the next Case ?
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
Like I care..

2 Likes

Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by anonimi: 5:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
This is what Apostle Paul, in 1 Timothy 3, had to say about the requirement of Bishops & even Deacons to manage their family/households to be ELIGIBLE for the office:

Qualifications of Bishops

1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre;
but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, [size=14pt]how shall he take care of the church of God?[/size])

6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Qualifications of Deacons

8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

From: http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=1+Timothy+3&ver=kjv

Is Chris Oyakhilome qualified to even be a Deacon talk less of being a Pastor
Re: Cyla Simpson's Defense Of Anita Oyakhilome by tbaba1234: 5:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
feedthenation:

The Quran passage you quoted is different from what 'some' moslems practice in reality.

Just like not all christians live by biblical teachings.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Prophetess Baba Vanga Predicted About Russia, Vladimir Putin & End Of The World / Pastor Adeboye Buys New Helicopter For Rural Evangelism / 7 Different Churches In One Building in Lagos, See Nigerians' Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.