Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,250 members, 7,839,301 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan (3274 Views)

West Should Legislate Against Bleaching Because Of The Side Effects. / The West Should Not Dictate To Africa / How China’s Taking Over Africa, And Why The West Should Be Very Worried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by tit(f): 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
Jonathan stopped Jakande's Lagos monorail project.
Jonathan stopped giving Yoruba states allocation because he disagreed with them.
Jonathan stopped Eko Atlantic city project to spite we Yorubas.

Jonathan is a bad man. We prefer leaders like Buhari and Obasanjo and Kwankwaso.
We prefer their punishment. We would rather vote for the okoro Okorocha than to vote Jonathan!
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by mistudreh(m): 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
ola6: I am from the SW and I, my family, friends and friends of the family will vote for Jonathan. Tinubu marginalised us not GEJ. The pposition of the speaker was zoned to the SW but Tinubu, because of his greed and never ending quest for power voted against it so as to make himself the most powerful man in the SW and prevent a rally point for the SW at the center.

You APC asslickers don't know what is coming to you. Just watch out....and btw, tell the master rigger Aregbesola to start packing his load...
I can't help but laugh at your post.... You called Aregbesola a master rigger... Am sure you are not living in Osun state. Your party did all they could, dashed out #10000 for a vote, rice and kerosine, still u were rejected. APC party memebers were arrested and intimidated a day before election. No single member of PDP was arrested. I must tell you this, the good people of Osun State rejected you cos your party is known for violence, your candidate had no manifesto. All he could tell the electorates at his campaign were; Tesojue, Gbalowo e, Ko mo lo, Ijoba, e.t.c
Mind you, Aregbe hasn't done anything in 2011 before the presidential election yet your party failed. Now tell me what you are expecting now that he has performed beyond reasonable doubt in the next general election. Beware of Osun, we are wise!

12 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by T8ksy(m): 5:50pm On Sep 04, 2014
barcanista: That thing in enugu is what you call airport or you mean fishing port? Last time we check the flood in that port was competing with bar beach cheesy

Haba! It's not that bad na grin Na freak weather caused am!

Anyway, Jona......Daft tried for the SE hence they are solidly behind his re-election ambition.

Imagine what he will deliver to them if he's given another 4 years (of gross incompetence)?

Who knows.................JonaCluelessness may even give them their much-awaited Niger bridge though i wouldn't hold my breath for that one, o.

JonaBadluck till eternity grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by PaulJohn1: 5:56pm On Sep 04, 2014
Jakpon: Lackey

when patricia etteh the kleptomania occupied the seat of the speaker what did she do for the southwest? When Dimeji Bankole the thief was the deputy speaker what did he do for the south west? When Obasanjo the gorilla was the president what did he do for the southwest?

Tell us about Gbenga Daniels achievement in Ogun. I want to know what Alao Akala did in Oyo. What was Agagu's achievement in Ondo. When PDP governed Yoruba state's what did they offer us?

Very good questions. That aside, when they wanted to redeem their images and correct their wrongs, the best they had was Omisore, damn pathetic!! Presently, many of the top PDP officials in Osun were once locked with Omisore in prison concerning Chief Bola Ige's death.
Imagine the likes of Akala and Bankole being a party's main guys to be presented for an election.
Even Bode George still has the right to move around as a party elder.

The set of guys in PDP SW are enough to give Goodluck bad luck in the region.

10 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by chimerase2: 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
It will suprise this niggas wen buhari will continue his losing streak
Buhari destiny is to be a sore looser
A bonifide looser tongue
All dis accolade are ther for here
2003 he lost
2007 he lost
2011 he lost
2015 he lost sori he will lose cus that is his calling grin
Is not that goodluck is the best but buhari is the worst tin dat can ever happen to nigeria dat is why God doesn't want him to govern nigeria
God has a purpose for nigeria that is why he doesn't want an evil demon to govern our nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Twistaray(m): 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
This is a thread for SW people. We don't want some oloripelebe,oloriyam,oloeba here the SW have spoken.

Come,2015 APC is taking over.
lobatan

11 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by PointB: 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
Anikulhapo: The South West Has Been Heavily Marginalized By The Jonathan Led Fg,since 2010,Jonathan Has Transform Next To Nothing In The South West,Maybe because Of How Pdp Fared In The Last General Election Where They Got Only One Senator,zero Governor Nd A Few House Of Representatives.List Of Projects Abandoned Or Has Not Been Attended To By Jonathan Include The Following; the Ibadan/ilorin Expressway, Ibadan/akure Expressway(which Stopped At Osun State), Failure To Complete Oyo/ogbomoso Section Of The Ibadan/ilorin Expressway Which Has Claimed Lives,the 132 KVA Project In Ogbomoso Nd Lastly, The Failure Of The Federal Government To Complete The National Stadium Here In Ogbomoso Which Was Abandoned When The Current Apc Led State Took Over(maybe He Abandoned It Because The Apc Candidate Defeated The Pdp Candidate) Nd Other Federal Projects In South West, Instead His TAN Came To Ibadan To Campaign For His Second Term,my Dear South Westerners,should We Still Vote For Him, Never!

Compare his effort with Obj, and you will see the difference!
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
I'm very sure gej can/will never win in the SW.
Our APC governors are doing well, hence, the reason why we would vote for APC at the National level.

7 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by tit(f): 6:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
harde2lah: I'm very sure gej can/will never win in the SW.
Our APC governors are doing well, hence, the reason why we would vote for APC at the National level.

go and say this to Ekiti workers if they wont wetie you.

4 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by anago900: 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
all omoluabis old, young, home, abroad, weak,strong, rich, old reject goatluck elebi johnwerey.

7 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by landerz: 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2014
when patricia etteh the kleptomania occupied the seat of the speaker what did she do for the southwest? When Dimeji Bankole the thief was the deputy speaker what did he do for the south west? When Obasanjo the gorilla was the president what did he do for the southwest?
Tell us about Gbenga Daniels achievement in Ogun. I want to know what Alao Akala did in Oyo. What was Agagu's achievement in Ondo. When PDP governed Yoruba state's what did they offer us?

Are these people not APC people again ? I mean these are the same people Tinubu is romancing with undecided

who is deceiving who here
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by anago900: 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
PaulJohn1:

Very good questions. That aside, when they wanted to redeem their images and correct their wrongs, the best they had was Omisore, damn pathetic!! Presently, many of the top PDP officials in Osun were once locked with Omisore in prison concerning Chief Bola Ige's death.
Imagine the likes of Akala and Bankole being a party's main guys to be presented for an election.
Even Bode George still has the right to move around as a party elder.

The set of guys in PDP SW are enough to give Goodluck bad luck in the region.

hmmmn oyinlola campaign message, during aregbeshola rally.
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by speakthetruth: 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
@OP, I would av agreed totally with you but I av a problem-where n who is d credible opposing candidate? I for one don't know of one.
The question is: If I don't vote for Goodluck, who do I vote for?

Pls I ain't a politician, just askin an honest quuestion. Tnx
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
tit:

go and say this to Ekiti workers if they wont wetie you.
Excuse me!
Are you from Ekiti? if no, then STFU. I don't know when Ekiti workers apointed a flatty as their spokesperson

5 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by PaulJohn1: 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
PointB:

Compare his effort with Obj, and you will see the difference!

Way better than Obj, but still performs far below expectation.
I assume you're viewing this with tribal lens. Voting against Jonathan in the SW is nothing related to his tribe or religion but his poor performance in the region. The same diplomatic reasons 5 of the 6 SW States voted for him in 2011, is the same diplomatic reasons majority of us 'll use to vote him out in 2015.
The man Obj has never been good to his region, you wonder why his best options for us were the likes of Gbenga Daniel, Akala, Fayoshe. People of no reputation.
Tinibu is not a good fella, but those he presented to us through his party are technocrats of admirable records. You wanna compare Fashola, Amosun, Aregbe, Fayemi to those Obj had?!

All I'm saying is that GEJ'll be voted against in the region, not because of tribe but because of the his little or no performance in the region.

7 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by PaulJohn1: 6:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
anago900:

hmmmn oyinlola campaign message, during aregbeshola rally.

I didn't even know that until Femi Falana made reference to it.
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by anago900: 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
PaulJohn1:

I didn't even know that until Femi Falana made reference to it.

the guy is the s.i unit of failure and bad government.

4 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
T8ksy:

Haba! It's not that bad na grin Na freak weather caused am!

Anyway, Jona......Daft tried for the SE hence they are solidly behind his re-election ambition.

Imagine what he will deliver to them if he's given another 4 years (of gross incompetence)?

Who knows.................JonaCluelessness may even give them their much-awaited Niger bridge though i wouldn't hold my breath for that one, o.

JonaBadluck till eternity grin grin
don't mind that waste of space
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by PointB: 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2014
PaulJohn1:

Way better than Obj, but still performs far below expectation.
I assume you're viewing this with tribal lens. Voting against Jonathan in the SW is nothing related to his tribe or religion but his poor performance in the region. The same diplomatic reasons 5 of the 6 SW States voted for him in 2011, is the same diplomatic reasons majority of us 'll to vote him out in 2015.
The man Obj has never been good to his region, you wonder why his best options for us were the likes of Gbenga Daniel, Akala, Fayoshe. People of no reputation.
Tinibu is not a good fella, but those he presented to us through his party are technocrats of admirable records. You wanna compare Fashola, Amosun, Aregbe, Fayemi to those Obj had?!

All I'm saying is that GEJ'll be voted against in the region, not because of tribe but because of the his little or no performance in the region.

It's funny the way you on one hand claim that I am 'viewing this from tribal lens' while you arrogate 'diplomatic reason' to yourself. This condescending attitude is one follies of many of you acclaimed Yoruba folks.

Have you bothered to compare how the SE fared (in many ramifications) under GEJ, in comparison with other past presidents? If you do this analysis objectively, would you say SE shouldn't vote for GEJ again for a second term? If you did this analysis, and still continue to think, let alone say that people from SE who support him are doing so from tribal reason, then I'll say you and any other people with this view, are very bigoted!

For the avoidance of doubt, till date, GEJ presidency has given many people from SE, and indeed many Nigerians, a level playing ground. That is why we support him. We don't support him for ethnic reason, as this is illogical - GEJ is not ethnically Igbo!

3 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 04, 2014

basket brain,u shud be da one providing answers to da above questions..or do u also assume,like ur fellow excess midday daydreamers,that da hardworking gej is also responsible for their failures?!..
@ hopelessly hating op,da so called marginalisation of da yorubas in this current dispensation shud be blamed on no one else but da yorubas,da janjaweeeed yorubas..u guys had da position of da #4 citizen zoned to u at da nass 2011 but decided to give it away for only God knows what (da same way u guys have bn giving n selling away ur birth rights n father's houses to da enemies n strangers) simply because of party affilliations..height of stuppidity! da northerners may appear n act docile n.....y'all know,but most times, when comes to certain political issues,they put party affilliations aside n rope their arsses behind 'their man' just to make sure they dont lose out..that common sense....so yall idle n jobless miserable arsses,step on it n keep blaming da hardworking gej for all ur personal,family n ancestral woes n failures n including as well,ur lost lollipops..
#GEJ TILL '19

1 Like

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
PointB:

It funny the way you on one hand claim that I am 'viewing this from tribal lens' while you arrogate 'diplomatic reason' to yourself. This condescending attitude is one follies of many of you acclaimed Yoruba folks.

Have you bothered to compare how the SE fared (in many ramifications) under GEJ, in comparison with other past presidents? If you do this analysis objectively, would you say SE shouldn't vote for GEJ again for a second term? If you did this analysis, and still continue to think, let alone say that people from SE who support him are doing so from tribal reason, then I'll say you and any other people with this view, are very bigoted!

For the avoidance of doubt, till date, GEJ presidency has given many people from SE, and indeed many Nigerians, a level playing ground. That is why we support him. We don't support him because for ethnic reason, as this is illogical - GEJ is not ethnically Igbo!
Na by force? Dem nor dey vote Gej cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
Godbless all the Omoluabis that have shed light on this topic and shown a glimpse of where the ever conscious,open-minded and clear-thinking SWners are going come 2015......

We do not hate GEJ but we detest mediocrity and failure which he presently represents,we see SSners as fellow Nigerians but such affinity can never come in-between our quest for excellence and good governance,we are sophisticated hence can never be hoodwinked by the attempt to set us against other Nigerians on the basis of tribe or religion

We thought we voted for someone like us....but GEJ has shown us time without number that he is alien to our needs

We thought we voted for transparency and a different man but he has shown us that he is even worse than his predecessors

He told us he had no shoes,we bought him one.....now he is using the same shoe to trample upon our dignity

Rather than give us light........he not only administer darkness upon us,he also stole from us in the name of phony privatization without anything to show for it while we pay more for a service not enjoyed

On January 1,2012 under the guise of still consulting over fuel subsidy.....he delivered a most devastating blow on us all by jerking up the price of Gas.....not until we stood our ground before his pride was deflated and he reluctantly reduced the price minimally after several lives have been lost

We are constantly afraid of what might befall our kith and kin......owing to lack of security and peace in the land

Rather than fight looters and corrupt individuals......he has been canonising them and giving them the cloak of sainthood

We will not vote GEJ on the altar of ethnoreligious solidarity because he has not performed

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by PaulJohn1: 7:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
PointB:

It funny the way you on one hand claim that I am 'viewing this from tribal lens' while you arrogate 'diplomatic reason' to yourself. This condescending attitude is one follies of many of you acclaimed Yoruba folks.

For the avoidance of doubt, till date, GEJ presidency has given many people from SE, and indeed many Nigerians, a level playing ground. That is why we support him. We don't support him because for ethnic reason, as this is illogical - GEJ is not ethnically Igbo!

The SEners or the Igbos have their choice to make for reasons best known to them which I have no issues with. You comparism of Obj's performance with that of Gej's made it obvious you're towing that line I'm not interested in. I assume your expectation was for one to defend Obj, but u got it wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by sweetgala(m): 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
Xetima:

Sorry, about 6 million Christians (Lagos - 3.0m, Oyo - 500k, Ekiti - 350k, Osun - 300k, Ondo - 350k, Ogun- 300), excluding Igbos in the SouthWest are already secured for Jonathan.

Dispute this fact at your own peril! grin

Yoruba people don't vote christian or muslim and E.A Adeboye should not be praying for a deranged president this time around.

7 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by sweetgala(m): 7:06pm On Sep 04, 2014
Xetima:

Sorry, about 6 million Christians (Lagos - 3.0m, Oyo - 500k, Ekiti - 350k, Osun - 300k, Ondo - 350k, Ogun- 300), excluding Igbos in the SouthWest are already secured for Jonathan.

Dispute this fact at your own peril! grin

Yoruba people don't vote christian or muslim and E.A Adeboye should not be praying for a deranged president this time around.

If you'll vote your rights away based on religious sentiments and allegiance , so be it

6 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Toktee(m): 7:07pm On Sep 04, 2014
Jakpon: Cretin

mention one tangible federal government project that Gej commissioned in Yorubaland
And one project that he (ebola jonathan) has comission in benue state?

6 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Ayekotoo(m): 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
Xetima:

If you truly believe he failed, then let him repeat the class now. grin

Then we can say "GEJ to repeat the class (presidency) because APC believe that he failed."
A failure can only repeat a class in the education setting not in a service realm suchas Governance. Only the competents in Governance are giving the multiple chances.

6 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by sweetgala(m): 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
T8ksy:

.......but he did marvelously great in the SE.

He renovated enugu Int. airport!!!

Because he knows that's the core of his support

He has a split in SS due to his clash with Rotimi Ameachi
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Toktee(m): 7:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
T8ksy:

.......but he did marvelously great in the SE.

He renovated enugu Int. airport!!!
how does that have an impact on the common man on the street of aba,erosion is still eating up anambera and abia state.

3 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Ayekotoo(m): 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
Xetima:

You think this sermon is enough to convince me? Show me a better candidate based on their antecedents or which past president did better than GEJ? Do a sincere comparison on rule of law, electoral reforms, economic indices, infrastructure, etc in a war-time-Nigeria. Please I am waiting.

Check all those coming up as APC candidates, tell me anyone that allowed free and fair election to hold in their states, even as simple as Local government elections. Even Buhari that APC is parading, destroyed the second republic.
What are we talking about?
No wonder your country is so messed up. Nigerians celebrating mediocre since year 1914. Tell us what Jonathan has done in the West Nigeria since he assumed office
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by CyberWolf: 7:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
Jakpon: The Apapa port road is an eyesore despite how important and strategic this road is to the Nigerian economy

The Abeokuta-Lagos road is in a sorry state

The old Ijebu ode-Ore road was abandoned untill the Ogun state government fixed it

what I expect you guys to always do is to Create a thread with this areas and include pictures of the deplorable roads..GEJ will hear your cry ..in not, go to his FG page and bombard him with messages containing this complaint with pictures..he is a listening president and he will surely fix it..he encouraged his fans to always send him message with their problems..but most of you guys always like hauling insults and derogatory words... angry angry
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Ayekotoo(m): 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
ola6: I am from the SW and I, my family, friends and friends of the family will vote for Jonathan. Tinubu marginalised us not GEJ. The pposition of the speaker was zoned to the SW but Tinubu, because of his greed and never ending quest for power voted against it so as to make himself the most powerful man in the SW and prevent a rally point for the SW at the center.

You APC asslickers don't know what is coming to you. Just watch out....and btw, tell the master rigger Aregbesola to start packing his load...
Why is it hard for you to list Jonathan's achievements? Did you say Tinubu marginalized Yorubas? Who occupy the top positions in the Opposition? Who are the voices of opposition?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exposed!! Femi Falana Revealed As Behind Fueling 19 APC Lawmakers Against Fayose / Gen Buhari Should Investigate CAN For Corruption Charges!!! / Why Can't The Nigerian Government Give Each Family 1 Million Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.