Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,280 members, 7,839,385 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan (3275 Views)

West Should Legislate Against Bleaching Because Of The Side Effects. / The West Should Not Dictate To Africa / How China’s Taking Over Africa, And Why The West Should Be Very Worried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Gbawe: 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
I really don't understand why there is so much emotion related to talks about voting out GEJ. Anyone who is exposed and understands how things work elsewhere will appreciate that GEJ will be voted out unanimously in most civilised Nations because he has failed woefully in tackling the major problems that have always stifled the development of Nigeria.

There are perennial probllems which will ensure Nigeria remains underdeveloped. A President like GEJ who has actually made some of these problems worse only deserve to be booted out as will be the case without doubt in nations where ethnic or sectional bias does not turn citizens into worshippers of mediocrities and apologists of gross leadership failure.

9 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Onile01: 7:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
My Yoruba People
Say NoTo Jonathan!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by mistudreh(m): 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
Anyone here to mention project GEJ has done in Osun State pls?

5 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by amolak: 7:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
T8ksy:

What? you mean SE people do?

But wait, renovating a whole Int. airport is not a child's play, o. Do you know how long SE folks having been waiting for this "development"?

Decades, with some resigned to the sad fact that it won't happen in their lifetime. But Ebele JonaDxxx made it happen!!!
Can you see ur international seaport sorry airport. It is a great development indeed, shame on you!

5 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Gbawe: 8:07pm On Sep 04, 2014
I had a good laugh when some chap was foaming at the mouth about SW "marginalisation". Shocking how backward some Nigerians remain in this iinformation age of progressive ideas..

No talks of socoi-economic progress, optimal healthcare, independent and effective institutions, reform of thw NPF or adoption of state policing, growth of SMEs, modern infrastructure et al and some caveman is blabbing about "presence at the centre" as if that can put food on the table of the average south west indigene. Na real wa for some people sha.

6 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
Anikulhapo: buhari Actually Destroyed A Very Corrupt Second Republic,go Nd Google It To Chek D Large Number Of Second Republic Politicians Wu Wrer Indicted Nd Jailed For Corruption
Go and Google why Buhari toppled the govt. As for me the worst democracy is better than the best military govt, if Buhari had not overthrown Shagari by now we would have strengthened our democratic institutions, now he wants democracy, that singular coup is one of the reasons we ve had people like Abacha and IBB, pls Buharii should go and sit down, a coupist should not be allowed in our nascent democracy, let APC bring a marketable candidate then we can talk of contest, and let APC make every other part of this country feel welcomed in their party.

1 Like

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by omerta(f): 8:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
ovadoze:
Go and Google why Buhari toppled the govt. As for me the worst democracy is better than the best military govt, if Buhari had not overthrown Shagari by now we would have strengthened our democratic institutions, now he wants democracy, that singular coup is one of the reasons we ve had people like Abacha and IBB, pls Buharii should go and sit down, a coupist should not be allowed in our nascent democracy, let APC bring a marketable candidate then we can talk of contest, and let APC make every other part of this country feel welcomed in their party.
Exact reason why history and government should be made compulsory at the secondary level of education in Nigeria.

The coup that brought Shagari's government down was led by Gen. Badamasi Babaginda, financed by TY. Danjuma, and Buhari selected. Surely, you know the military rule: The most senior military officer takes charge of government. Regardless of him taking part in it or not. Superiority is paramount.

As for people being left out in government, what would APC do? Take over states and provide infrastructure? Depose governors? APC can, and would only perform in states it's been elected inti, and nothing more. Heck, if people decide to view things through ethnic and religious lenses, even if APC presents someone as saintly as Jesus, he/she would still be rejected!

Now, thank me for the free schooling!

8 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 04, 2014
Nigeria can not survive another four years with Jonathan in power!
He has zero tolerance for opposition! Ask him what he has done in Kwara so far? Nothing!

2 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Daguccizgreat(m): 8:56pm On Sep 04, 2014
U ar just one annoying sadist of a person...don't. u get tired of dis lifestyle of yours?
barcanista: That thing in enugu is what you call airport or you mean fishing port? Last time we check the flood in that port was competing with bar beach cheesy
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by djon78(m): 9:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
T8ksy:

Haba! It's not that bad na grin Na freak weather caused am!

Anyway, Jona......Daft tried for the SE hence they are solidly behind his re-election ambition.

Imagine what he will deliver to them if he's given another 4 years (of gross incompetence)?

Who knows.................JonaCluelessness may even give them their much-awaited Niger bridge though i wouldn't hold my breath for that one, o.

JonaBadluck till eternity grin grin

The truth is that most of you are just big time mediocres, gloating on others while the so called development you bandy about in your enclave is way below international standard.

You can talk whatever you like about Enugu airport, at least for the first time the FG supported the construction of an airport in Igboland. It was done in other region way back by FG, while South East was neglected by past regime, it was only GEJ that did nt neglect it. Meanwhile we are the only people to construct an airport without any govt support in this Country: Owerri Airport.

Talking about 2nd Niger bridge, yes we are long due for it, the 3rd mainland, carter and other big bridges around the nation was done by the FG, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Final shot most of you gloating over the SE we will see how far, 15years ago Chinas infrastructure was nothing to right home about. Fast foward today they are beating some top Countries infrastructure wise eg US doesnt have a world class railway linking the entire Country while China with its size has modern fast speed bullet trains that linked the entire Country. Yea keep on gloating us, the East is rising, it may not be noticeable now, but by the time most of you haters will realise that it will be like a slap on your face, maybe then if you want to visit the wonders in SE you will have to go through intensive visa scrutiny.

4 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Toktee(m): 10:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
mistudreh: Anyone here to mention project GEJ has done in Osun State pls?
even in niger state where i reside,there is none.

2 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by mistudreh(m): 10:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
Toktee: even in niger state where i reside,there is none.
Imagine, he came to campaign for the governorship candidate of his party at Osogbo... He came late and later said he apologized for coming late, that he would come back to tell them what his administration has done after they must have voted for his party.

1 Like

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by T8ksy(m): 11:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
amolak: Can you see ur international seaport sorry airport. It is a great development indeed, shame on you!

Haba! Dat 1 na freak weather na!In dry season, the airport fine die!! grin grin

Jona.....Daft till eternity.

1 Like

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
omerta: Exact reason why history and government should be made compulsory at the secondary level of education in Nigeria.

The coup that brought Shagari's government down was led by Gen. Badamasi Babaginda, financed by TY. Danjuma, and Buhari selected. Surely, you know the military rule: The most senior military officer takes charge of government. Regardless of him taking part in it or not. Superiority is paramount.

As for people being left out in government, what would APC do? Take over states and provide infrastructure? Depose governors? APC can, and would only perform in states it's been elected inti, and nothing more. Heck, if people decide to view things through ethnic and religious lenses, even if APC presents someone as saintly as Jesus, he/she would still be rejected!

Now, thank me for the free schooling!
Thanks for the 'schooling' so called student of history and govt.
Now let me tell you that Shagari’s regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari’s wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo’s era as military head of state that preceded Shagari’s.  Dr. Olusola Saraki, Turaki of Ilorin, was the majority party leader of the Senate at the time and he headed the Senate Committee set up to trace the stolen money after some three years of clamour for such an investigation by members of the civil society.  The money was traced to the Midland Bank London branch fixed account of Obasanjo’s appointee as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company.  The Committee’s report was presented to the Senate during the tail end of Shagari’s regime in 1983, so the House decided to deal with the matter and expose the rogue military head of the NNPC soon after the 1983 general elections. 
Then you 'saint' Buhari struck with his cohorts, now ask yourself 'history student' who benefited from the coup and as you and I know the report was swept under the carpet. Quote me again, I'll give you details of how he went about imprisoning right activists, banned freedom of speech etc
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by hakanai(m): 2:47am On Sep 05, 2014
ovadoze:
Thanks for the 'schooling' so called student of history and govt.
Now let me tell you that Shagari’s regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari’s wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo’s era as military head of state that preceded Shagari’s.  Dr. Olusola Saraki, Turaki of Ilorin, was the majority party leader of the Senate at the time and he headed the Senate Committee set up to trace the stolen money after some three years of clamour for such an investigation by members of the civil society.  The money was traced to the Midland Bank London branch fixed account of Obasanjo’s appointee as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company.  The Committee’s report was presented to the Senate during the tail end of Shagari’s regime in 1983, so the House decided to deal with the matter and expose the rogue military head of the NNPC soon after the 1983 general elections. 
Then you 'saint' Buhari struck with his cohorts, now ask yourself 'history student' who benefited from the coup and as you and I know the report was swept under the carpet. Quote me again, I'll give you details of how he went about imprisoning right activists, banned freedom of speech etc

Good sir, do we then compare that to what GEJ is doing in terms of corruption from NNPC,CBN,SEC etc the shielding and granting of amnesty to convicted felons. Enabling the reversal of conviction for political gains.As Gov and deputy gov can we please check his current wealth accumulation?Even the military is so corrupt now than ever! The crisis brewing in the nation has created avenue for senior officers stealing. We don't even want to check contract allocations and other stealing currently
being offered to polical elements and ex militants. The current drain on the funds in the FGN purse is now at an all time free!!! Even the subsidy drive is riddle with corruption and all sorts of allegation. The flood relief fund is a story of its own. The military campaign and current mutiny due to equipments and allowance is happening now.As C in C the military has lost any semblance of functionality because of diversion on priorities and corruption. Its not about prolong decay, is about managing the current so called scarce resource and managing crisis efficientl .Between when BH started and now its more than a enough time to have acquired enough hardware to reverse the decay or at least tackle one crisis to a hault. Unless if your excuse is to issue money and go to sleep,never to ask where are things and gains made. If Cameron can do it ,We should call it a piece of cake for the mobilepolice.
Press freedom had a taste of FGN,when the army targeted papers critical of his government under the guise of fighting terrorism.Did they find anything, I mean bush and Iraq comes to mind! publicly apologize. Currently we have Intel and allegations of BH sponsors flying around,we are yet to see the army storm there homes in like manner or challenge them publicly.Again so much con incidence Azazzi had to die for it after getting the instant booth. The Australian has spoken again and we are waiting, shall it be in vain or shall we ask him like October one to pick his names from a particular party or ethnic group?
If someone can stand aside watch his wife conive with the FCT to illegally snatch property from belonging to his former boss wife and he remains mute then that's some awesome greedy family.
please what of the pension scam/fraud ? What of Otedola and Farouk ? What of the Ribadu report sent to him on the NNPC and funds taking a walk?
For me it goes beyond defending his position!GEJ as president stands on power and the peoples mandate to deal with anyone caught destroying the nation!Some GEjites will rather accuse his subordinates than blame him . Men that are hired and directed from the top by him.If he was running a failing business, caused by his employee will he do the same?. If he could wake up one morning and reshuffle his cabinet just to flush out people that are no longer loyalist then that man has the power to sack incompetent ministers or government workers for any wrong doing or negligence or not following instructions or due process.
We could compare this dispensation and see who tops the chart.They claim he is providing more infrastructure than all past government ,I just laugh.Did he build the Niger bridge,Benue bridge or third mainland! Someone before him did and he merely is renovating a part of it. He didn't bring railways to Nigeria someone brought it from zero in the past and it flourished. He is not the first to bring universities to Nigeria nor the highest number of universities, I mean his school was built by some before him and he went to school despite no shoes, can you that under his goverment?The federal highways were done by someone from ground Zero before he got renovate a hand full of them . The FCT Aso rock, Abuja and all infratsructure.More airports were built before his government by some other leaders. Abuse Obj but even looking at the telcom sector I mean you attest to something he brought from Zero to something today!!! He is not the Longest or shortest serving Nigerian Leader nor the first Democratically Elected!
Every government had its draw back and achievements and he is no better.Its his time and from records he is not the best.Insecurity- For the records militancy, terrorism or crisis did not start from his government.Different challenges came with different leadership and the leaders ensured it never spiraled out of control through wisdom,courage and foresight. He lacks that seriously and choose to lay the blames on others. I know leaders that because of there position you know just how much you can push them to test there limits. And you surly don't want to go there. But the trend of BH keeps testing his resolve and at every stage his actions and response has made it rather worse and embolden them further. Yaradua quelled the first sign of insurgency and while he GEJ choose to dangle around same resurgences and let the flames burn. Yar dua also manage the ND militancy crisis despite inheriting it from the past.Obj tackle the numerous interreligious and ethnic crisis in his own way and we never had it this bad. Today animosity has grown amongst the tribes,religious divide is terrible and all he does is blow his silly allegations and political maneuvers.
Truly sad and pathetic that he choose to play victim with the power he will still use against any political opposition

8 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Imokay: 3:29am On Sep 05, 2014
ola6: I am from the SW and I, my family, friends and friends of the family will vote for Jonathan. Tinubu marginalised us not GEJ. The pposition of the speaker was zoned to the SW but Tinubu, because of his greed and never ending quest for power voted against it so as to make himself the most powerful man in the SW and prevent a rally point for the SW at the center.

You APC asslickers don't know what is coming to you. Just watch out....and btw, tell the master rigger Aregbesola to start packing his load...

You cannot be a true Westerner, we don't accept tokenism by ' calling a goat brother because we want to eat meat'

Of what benefit is a speaker position in opposition hands to westerners when with proper alliances we can have the presidency on our side and occupy it in a few years. With PDP we will have to wait for the next 20 years.

A westerner PDP speaker at this time will only serve him/herself and Jonathan and will do nothing for us than serve as rallying point for the evil PDP, we don't have such short memory.

BTW what did speaker Bankole achieve for the West apart from going to exchange blow with Gbenga Daniel on the uncompleted Sango-Ota bridge?

3 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Imokay: 3:48am On Sep 05, 2014
Rexxie:
basket brain,u shud be da one providing answers to da above questions..or do u also assume,like ur fellow excess midday daydreamers,that da hardworking gej is also responsible for their failures?!..
@ hopelessly hating op,da so called marginalisation of da yorubas in this current dispensation shud be blamed on no one else but da yorubas,da janjaweeeed yorubas..u guys had da position of da #4 citizen zoned to u at da nass 2011 but decided to give it away for only God knows what (da same way u guys have bn giving n selling away ur birth rights n father's houses to da enemies n strangers) simply because of party affilliations..height of stuppidity! da northerners may appear n act docile n.....y'all know,but most times, when comes to certain political issues,they put party affilliations aside n rope their arsses behind 'their man' just to make sure they dont lose out..that common sense....so yall idle n jobless miserable arsses,step on it n keep blaming da hardworking gej for all ur personal,family n ancestral woes n failures n including as well,ur lost lollipops..
#GEJ TILL '19

You can never understand as you were raised in a completely different culture, we are not AGIP or hungry anything goes people. Other Nigerian groups may genuflect, kow-tow and toshiba to the powers that be because of a plate of food but not Yorubas. We operate on principle backed by long term strategy. We don't allow what we will eat today becloud the need for long range planning and investment. That is why we committed 40% of our income to human capacity development.

Imagine the strength PDP would have been pulling today in the West if they had a Yoruba speaker, but you can never understand how a people will let go any opportunity to 'chop' in Nigeria.

We are the only people that can mount opposition to the misrule of any leader and demonstrate undying love to performance, integrity and sincerity irrespective of place of origin. Need i go on?

10 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 05, 2014
Imokay:

You can never understand as you were raised in a completely different culture, we are not AGIP or hungry anything goes people. Other Nigerian groups may genuflect, kow-tow and toshiba to the powers that be because of a plate of food but not Yorubas. We operate on principle backed by long term strategy. We don't allow what we will eat today becloud the need for long range planning and investment. That is why we committed 40% of our income to human capacity development.

Imagine the strength PDP would have been pulling today in the West if they had a Yoruba speaker, but you can never understand how a people will let go any opportunity to 'chop' in Nigeria.

We are the only people that can mount opposition to the misrule of any leader and demonstrate undying love to performance, integrity and sincerity irrespective of place of origin. Need i go on?
i really dunno what u trying2say n i dunwunna say u not making sense otherwise if u n ur cohorts standing on what u are saying,then why are u guys yelling marginalisation? and whaddahell do u mean by giving away 'chop' just to hold ur head high? luk,there was nothing like selling away any ppl's rights when those top 6 federal positions were zoned amongst da six zones..it was all'bout equity n fairness..like i said earlier,u guys,for only God knows what,stuppidly boxed urselves,u boxed ur own scrotumms outta da scheme,marginalising urselves right frm da scratch n no matter how hard u try to paint something up,there was absolutely no principle or sense in that action u 'traders' took but plain very loud stupiidity..
again step on it n blame da president for ur lost lollipops..

1 Like

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by PointB: 7:43am On Sep 05, 2014
PaulJohn1:

The SEners or the Igbos have their choice to make for reasons best known to them which I have no issues with.
You comparism of Obj's performance with that of Gej's made it obvious you're towing that line I'm not interested in. I assume your expectation was for one to defend Obj, but u got it wrong.

Fair enough, vote who would, and we will do as well.

1 Like

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by econity(m): 7:58am On Sep 05, 2014
Xetima:

Sorry, about 6 million Christians (Lagos - 3.0m, Oyo - 500k, Ekiti - 350k, Osun - 300k, Ondo - 350k, Ogun- 300), excluding Igbos in the SouthWest are already secured for Jonathan.

Dispute this fact at your own peril! grin
is JEG a christian?
If he is, is he d 1st to contest for election?
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by vizboy(m): 7:59am On Sep 05, 2014
no need to start rapping words 2015 will tell
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by T8ksy(m): 8:51am On Sep 05, 2014
djon78:

The truth is that most of you are just big time mediocres, gloating on others while the so called development you bandy about in your enclave is way below international standard.

You can talk whatever you like about Enugu airport, at least for the first time the FG supported the construction of an airport in Igboland. It was done in other region way back by FG, while South East was neglected by past regime, it was only GEJ that did nt neglect it. Meanwhile we are the only people to construct an airport without any govt support in this Country: Owerri Airport.

Talking about 2nd Niger bridge, yes we are long due for it, the 3rd mainland, carter and other big bridges around the nation was done by the FG, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Final shot most of you gloating over the SE we will see how far, 15years ago Chinas infrastructure was nothing to right home about. Fast foward today they are beating some top Countries infrastructure wise eg US doesnt have a world class railway linking the entire Country while China with its size has modern fast speed bullet trains that linked the entire Country. Yea keep on gloating us, the East is rising, it may not be noticeable now, but by the time most of you haters will realise that it will be like a slap on your face, maybe then if you want to visit the wonders in SE you will have to go through intensive visa scrutiny.

mediocre ke? Look who's talking too!!! I suppose your newly renovated airport is way above international standard? One

"likkel" rainfall and the whole blasted airport doubles up as a seaport.

"The east is rising".......what's new? It's been rising since the 70's and it's still rising. Abeg wake me up when the east finally rises and takes with her all her miscreants in my region. And don't worry about "intenstive visa scrutiny" as i have no intention of visiting your nook of the world even if it becomes the "Japan of africa".

4 Likes

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by myweb(m): 9:57am On Sep 05, 2014
Rexxie:
i really dunno what u trying2say n i dunwunna say u not making sense otherwise if u n ur cohorts standing on what u are saying,then why are u guys yelling marginalisation? and whaddahell do u mean by giving away 'chop' just to hold ur head high? luk,there was nothing like selling away any ppl's rights when those top 6 federal positions were zoned amongst da six zones..it was all'bout equity n fairness..like i said earlier,u guys,for only God knows what,stuppidly boxed urselves,u boxed ur own scrotumms outta da scheme,marginalising urselves right frm da scratch n no matter how hard u try to paint something up,there was absolutely no principle or sense in that action u 'traders' took but plain very loud stupiidity..
again step on it n blame da president for ur lost lollipops..

Honestly, I didn't comprehend anything here. You need to work on your english.
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by EliteYouth: 10:21am On Sep 05, 2014
Enough of the GEJ did not do any thing in the West talk, what did our own son Obansanjo do during his tenure in the West?
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by AriDsexy(f): 10:46am On Sep 05, 2014
barcanista: That thing in enugu is what you call airport or you mean fishing port? Last time we check the flood in that port was competing with bar beach cheesy
And this got me cracking up...Mr Barcanista,just like NL'ders use to say...you are mouthed!
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 05, 2014
AriDsexy:
And this got me cracking up...Mr Barcanista,just like NL'ders use to say...you are mouthed!
grin grin grin
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by EldaTimba(m): 11:43am On Sep 05, 2014
Let me give u a short analysis why GEJ will pull a strong vote in SW.
GEJ off course ave not performed to par but dat will not stop him.
1. Ekiti: mark my words, PDP will win massively. Ekiti people are known to keep grudges and they will never forget those names APC called them after voting Fayemi out. APC shot themselves on their leg buy insulting Ekiti people. (ONE STATE Gone)
2. Ondo: ondo state will also vote GEJ. Not because of performance but because APC is dead or non existence in Ondo state. APC for ur information has 3 parallel executives in Ondo state. GEJ might not ave 80%+ but he will ave 60+ in Ondo State. (Two state gone)
3. Osun: to me, Osun is the strongest apc state. Ogbeni will deliver the state to APC but PDP will still pull about 35% of the total vote cast which is tangible.
4. Oyo: if Accord works with PDP, due to Ajimobi poor political experience, GEJ will win massively there. I won't speak more on this but accord is growing strong in Oyo state.
5. Ogun: this state will be a 50:50 for both parties. But I don't see amosun returning.
6. Lagos: with the massive population of Ibos and the religion card played by GEJ, he will pull much votes in Lagos. APC can only HAVE MAJORITY vote IF Fashola is fielded as vice president. But dat won't stop GEJ from having 40%+ in Lagos State.

Bottom line: SW don't vote for performance but personality and motivation by political strategist. Why do u think Aketi won his local govt Owo (political capital of Ondo state) with slim margin. If u like, say amala politics is played, but it will still work out.

Shalom.
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
myweb:

Honestly, I didn't comprehend anything here. You need to work on your english.
wha'm tryna say is simple: blame gej for ur lost personal woes n failures n of cos,ur lost lollipops..then blame me for being a diickhead cow_brainer falling asleep while tryn2 count2hundred....
Now did u get that?
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by 7lives: 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2014
EldaTimba: Let me give u a short analysis why GEJ will pull a strong vote in SW.
GEJ off course ave not performed to par but dat will not stop him.
1. Ekiti: mark my words, PDP will win massively. Ekiti people are known to keep grudges and they will never forget those names APC called them after voting Fayemi out. APC shot themselves on their leg buy insulting Ekiti people. (ONE STATE Gone)
2. Ondo: ondo state will also vote GEJ. Not because of performance but because APC is dead or non existence in Ondo state. APC for ur information has 3 parallel executives in Ondo state. GEJ might not ave 80%+ but he will ave 60+ in Ondo State. (Two state gone)
3. Osun: to me, Osun is the strongest apc state. Ogbeni will deliver the state to APC but PDP will still pull about 35% of the total vote cast which is tangible.
4. Oyo: if Accord works with PDP, due to Ajimobi poor political experience, GEJ will win massively there. I won't speak more on this but accord is growing strong in Oyo state.
5. Ogun: this state will be a 50:50 for both parties. But I don't see amosun returning.
6. Lagos: with the massive population of Ibos and the religion card played by GEJ, he will pull much votes in Lagos. APC can only HAVE MAJORITY vote IF Fashola is fielded as vice president. But dat won't stop GEJ from having 40%+ in Lagos State.

Bottom line: SW don't vote for performance but personality and motivation by political strategist. Why do u think Aketi won his local govt Owo (political capital of Ondo state) with slim margin. If u like, say amala politics is played, but it will still work out.

Shalom.

Oga you better wake up, SW don't appreciate performance?, are you actually discussing SW or another place?.
If this is what you are banking on to get your so called votes in SW then you are on a long thing, Alao Akala, Bankole, Iyabo Obj and host of PDP candidates that lost the 2011 gubernatorial and senatorial election were all voted out and PDP rendered useless by the people of SW for non performance.

1 Like

Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by tit(f): 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2014
The SW will vote for President Jonathan because they are not slaves.
Nigeria is going through tough times because we have systems that cannot work.
In addition to the normal criminality that goes on in society, a lot of our brothers and sisters have taken up arms against us because we do not share the same religious beliefs.

Yorubas are facing tough times.
But we know that tough times do not last.
Tough people do.
We survived the Ijebu wars, Kosoko's attempt to perpetuate slavery, the Oyo wars.
We survived the Ife and Igbo wars.
We even survived Afonja's betrayal.

Our heroes and heroines like Moremi show us the way to outlast our adversaries.

Tough times do not last.
We are gradually building our lives without interference of outsiders.
We are cultivating our farms in peace and building silos to store the harvest.
We do not have to escape to London like Ogundipe and Afikuyomi.

We are here gradually building our homes.
It would be folly for us to invite a fox
Who would drive us like a hen from our nest.
We are tough people,
We have seen tough times and know what it looks like.
and we prefer peace and tranquility.
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
The only state apc would govern is the united confederation of oduduwa sucking bokoharam pricks republic
Twistaray: This is a thread for SW people. We don't want some oloripelebe,oloriyam,oloeba here the SW have spoken.

Come,2015 APC is taking over.
lobatan
Re: Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan by Twistaray(m): 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
ANAMBRA11: The only state apc would govern is the united confederation of oduduwa sucking bokoharam pricks republic

You don't have to be emosional about these whole thing-the SW people have spoken,you Igbos are on your own.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yobe Politics: Can Apc Recant? / Things Buhari Must Do NOW To Win...add Your Opinion. / WATCH: Interview With Hired Protesters Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.