Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,582 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. - Music/Radio (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. (46829 Views)

Rebuttal: On Psquare And Why They Will Never Break Into The US Market / Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba / Psquare And 2face - Possibility (with lyrics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by sirjohnson(m): 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2014
iswallker:

You have come again with yiur virus infested links. Paste the link rather than here, so we know where re goin..

In other news, Psquare is non of my business..

The links aren't virus infested. Just trying to save space.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by joelenesleek(f): 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
shizzleStar:
That would be unappealing you know, ill rather your sleek, soft fingers roam around my ba.lls with so much dexterity wink
if only I could reach for your BRAIN I'll love to squeeze it real good.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Atmmachine(m): 5:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
Nigerians are so disgusting..

Tell me what Jay Z,Rick Ross,Lil Wayne,Drake,Chris Brown do sing ?
They only sing about pucci,drugs & how they bought Bugatti & Lamborgini.

Americans worship Wizkid,Davido,D'banj.. As for Iyanya, they will even die for him.

If you ever say bad against someone's song, go sing your own let's know how many people who's gonna buy.

You can't even buy a pair of psquare's shoe.

6 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Atmmachine(m): 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2014
RedEboe: Till date I have been unable to watch Psquare's Ejeajo music video from begining to end for no other reason than the fact that i find that video/song utterly disgraceful.

Most devoted/diehard Psquare fans feel the same way too, but many will not say a word; some keep on replaying Ejeajo, hoping the song will eventually grow on them...its not happening.

Psquare has released its first major flop and the inclusion of American rapper T.I will not save them this time around.

The Ejeajo song sounded below average, ordinary, nothing catchy, no rhythm and to sum it all up, totally tasteless. It seems as though the sole purpose of this song was just to feature T.I and break into the American market.

I can bet my very last kobo that any American (Black) who's opportuned to watch Ejeajo video will laugh off his seat saying, "Who are these African booty scratchers trying too hard to sound like us and dance better than Usher?"
I felt the same way watching Peter Okoye putting in so much "gra gra" into his dance moves.

But on a serious note, about Nigerian artistes wanting to break into the American market; do these Nigerian artistes think that the Jay Zs, P Diddys and Dr Dre's will sit back and watch Nigerian music break into US Hip hop market? Especially in an America where music and sports are the few things black Americans can really hold on to. So they (Black American artistes) will allow some black African musician to come in and steal their domestic market share?

Nigerian music is already big in many African countries like Kenya,Zambia,Ghana and even South Africa. Do we think indigenous artistes and music promoters in these African countries are happy with Nigerians dominating their respective music scenes?

Why will Black Americans not stay proactive and stop Nigerian music from gaining foothold in their market?

Now here's the truth,someone should tell Psquare that its time to go back to the drawing board and re-invent themselves. I don't know the duo's football age but i'm guessing they are in their mid thirties. When dancing musicians start growing older or maturing, they concentrate more on the quality of their music, where more matured dance steps are incorporated. 'Matured dance steps' here simply means slow but sleeker dance moves, just like USHER in GOOD KISSER. And definitely not the 'gra gra' Peter Okoye was showcasing in Ejeajo, epecially to a lousy song.

I think it's time the Okoye twins take a break from music for some time; perhaps they can go concentrate on their respective marriages or try to mentor younger musicians with the ability to sing and dance.

After a few years, Psquare can return with a new style and sound.

For now,Psquare has lost it and i hope their closest fans and admirers tell them this truth before it's too late.

Remember Dbanj?

They're making money & you're hating..
My Nigga You're poor

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by shizzleStar: 5:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
joelenesleek: if only I could reach for your BRAIN I'll love to squeeze it real good.
lwkmd! Sweery, you sound like a broken record, who did this to you? smiley

Take a chill pill, okay? sit down, take a deep breath and then exhale....you'll be fine cheesy
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by joelenesleek(f): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
[quote author=shizzleStar]
lwkmd! Sweery, you sound like a broken record, who did this to you? smiley

Take a chill pill, okay? sit down, take a deep breath and then exhale....you'll be fine cheesy[/quote. Ok.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by duni04(m): 5:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
OP ur on ur own. The song is cool. Not a psquare fan but d video and song make sense
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Anacksunamun: 5:33pm On Sep 05, 2014
peppyluv02: Wizkid He will break in by looking for caro abi?

gringringringrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by otiigba1(m): 5:38pm On Sep 05, 2014
Atmmachine:
Do your own..
You can buy one of their shoes yet you're hating.
Ask God to give you money
angry angry why? why is it always about money? with nigerians, why are nigerians money obssesd? are nigerians that poor, every thing has to be about making money, and were did you get the idea that God gives people money?

3 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by otiigba1(m): 5:42pm On Sep 05, 2014
Atmmachine:
They're making money & you're hating..
My Nigga You're poor
why is it always about money? why? why? are so obssesd with money, calm down! its not all about money,when you get all that money what next? and why call him a ni*gger? do you even know what the word ni"gger means?

3 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by litetias(m): 5:46pm On Sep 05, 2014
Personally I think no Nigerian act is gonna break into the american music whatever. Dbanj had one international hit song, Oliver. The buzz has since died down. To become internationally relevant outside Africa an artist has to be able to connect with a particular audience, preferably in the pop, R&B, reggae-ton, rock, soft rock, hip-hop, country music genres. I assure you none of our singers can pull off such a feat. Probably because none of them is intelligent enough to make music that transcends race and ethnicity. IMO though.

2 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by BlackPikiN(m): 5:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
P square is the biggest artist from naija. Their combined videos on YouTube is slightly above 100million views without any promos o

Their song "personally" is presently banging in radio stations in the Middle East.
They will come up with a new video soon as na naija beats una wan hear.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Atmmachine(m): 5:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
otiigba1: why is it always about money? why? why? are so obssesd with money, calm down! its not all about money,when you get all that money what next? and why call him a ni*gger? do you even know what the word ni"gger means?

I know what nigga means but why does black guys in America call themselves Nigga ?
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Mujinho4b(m): 5:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
Niqqa!! U hating... Niqqa stop hating nd go find a better job to do... undecided undecided angry
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Atmmachine(m): 5:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
otiigba1: why is it always about money? why? why? are so obssesd with money, calm down! its not all about money,when you get all that money what next? and why call him a ni*gger? do you even know what the word ni"gger means?

Nigga is what every black call themselves in America.
Forget the other meaning of Nigga
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by otiigba1(m): 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
Atmmachine:
Nigga is what every black call themselves in America.
Forget the other meaning of Nigga
but you are not in America are you? and besides is not every black guy likes been called a ni"gger in america. ok i see you are in America grin grin grin whats up G?
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by pedro08: 6:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
Dis is a sign of joblessness and bedwetting on d part of d op.dude leave african best alone and break d market in ur slum.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2014
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by otiigba1(m): 6:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
theSlayer: no foreign artist will break into the United states . no matter what ,you will always be an outsider no matter how good you are.
list of outsiders Bob marley,Elton John,ABBA,westlife,Seal,Sade,Lucky Dube,John Lennon etc.
americans like american music and accent .
Gbam! try telling all this ignorant nigerians and their mediocre so called musicians, even good musicians here in the UK are finding it difficult breaking America let alone nigerians rubbish
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Ryabcool(m): 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
illugun: Why not go and copy your own and become somebody at least! Assuming they copied which we know are all lie what is your business.? Those they copied would have sued them because it amount to copyright, but because they didn't copy so those people you mentioned cannot do anything about it.

[s][/s]
its obvious you are spoiling for a fight but i won't dignify you with a similar response. Kindly take your rants to people of your category who fall in the same IQ of under 50. Thanks smiley
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by icekidgodfrey(m): 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
RedEboe: Till date I have been unable to watch Psquare's Ejeajo music video from begining to end for no other reason than the fact that i find that video/song utterly disgraceful.
The Ejeajo song sounded below average, ordinary, nothing catchy, no rhythm and to sum it all up, totally tasteless. It seems as though the sole purpose of this song was just to feature T.I and break into the American market.

I can bet my very last kobo that any American (Black) who's opportuned to watch Ejeajo video will laugh off his seat saying, "Who are these African booty scratchers trying too hard to sound like us and dance better than Usher?"
I felt the same way watching Peter Okoye putting in so much "gra gra" into his dance moves.

But on a serious note, about Nigerian artistes wanting to break into the American market; do these Nigerian artistes think that the Jay Zs, P Diddys and Dr Dre's will sit back and watch Nigerian music break into US Hip hop market? Especially in an America where music and sports are the few things black Americans can really hold on to. So they (Black American artistes) will allow some black African musician to come in and steal their domestic market share?

Nigerian music is already big in many African countries like Kenya,Zambia,Ghana and even South Africa. Do we think indigenous artistes and music promoters in these African countries are happy with Nigerians dominating their respective music scenes?

Why will Black Americans not stay proactive and stop Nigerian music from gaining foothold in their market?

Now here's the truth,someone should tell Psquare that its time to go back to the drawing board and re-invent themselves. I don't know the duo's football age but i'm guessing they are in their mid thirties. When dancing musicians start growing older or maturing, they concentrate more on the quality of their music, where more matured dance steps are incorporated. 'Matured dance steps' here simply means slow but sleeker dance moves, just like USHER in GOOD KISSER. And definitely not the 'gra gra' Peter Okoye was showcasing in Ejeajo, epecially to a lousy song.

I think it's time the Okoye twins take a break from music for some time; perhaps they can go concentrate on their respective marriages or try to mentor younger musicians with the ability to sing and dance.

After a few years, Psquare can return with a new style and sound.

For now,Psquare has lost it and i hope their closest fans and admirers tell them this truth before it's too late.

Remember Dbanj?

I feel your pain bro, & think that Ejajo song is cra, even if they put Kendrick Lamar on it. Thanks goodness somebody else sees what nonsense the duos are making of Nigerian music. They just don't get it. Music in Nigeria has evolved, and grown better than they take it to be. Come to think of it, the last couple of good songs i heard from Psquare was More Than A Friend , and a couple of other tracks in that album. That was like 7yrs ago... hello?! Yes! that gotta be when they lost it... doing "solo" albums,
no strong collabos, same pattern of songs, nothing new! Y'all remember around 2010/2011? Yeah, M.I was at his peak, every artist wanted wanted the gifted MC to give them a verse, Naeto C too, Vector, a host of other good artist that made good music. Oh yeah, they did a track with Rugged Man; that song made me sick like aarghh, can't even imagine the sound!
The point is, Psquare is so laid back if they were artistes of this decade, their songs would only get a couple of minutes on local radio stations. Like, who would buy tickets to go listen to crap? Niqqa pls, I'd rather chill at home. These dudes are so suck in the past, their music is still something like Eedris in 2004, Faze's Kolomental, Tattoo Gilr's days. Imagine a PSquare-Olamide track, or a Psquare-Burna Boy collabo... what would it sound like, right? we all get the picture! The thing is, it's time to take another dimension. When i heard the duos were splitting, i kinda of felt it would bring a change, but hey... we're stuck in the same place. Maybe they should just focus on oil money, or go marry their wives like you said. The "Tune" Of Music has changed in Nigeria, and its evident they can't keep up! The music is crap, it don't matter who you feature in it... First they had Rozay, now it's T.I, maybe the next would be Waka Flocka, then 2pac to help resurrect their dead music!!

THE CASE OF NIGERIAN MUSIC BREAKING INTO THE US market na subject of another day. We're making advances. Do you know Don Jazzy has worked with big acts like Beyonce, Lil Wayne? we'll get their soon we just need patience, it'll bring us goodluck. We just need to remind Ice Prince that featuring 2chainz next won't guarantee a good song. But with acts like Sinzu, Mode9, Vector & a host of others i see a breakthrough soon. And with Asa on our team, I see the grammy coming!!!

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Clinton594(m): 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
OOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGG!!!!!
I just feel like crying for you guys are too short sighted. 'The video is whack huh! ,no be the producers una go dey blame, I never heard anyone diss Clarence peters and Engees Jude. SMH! . as far as I'm alive I'm keep that song on a cool replay.

You haters ain't even talking of his dope track - Bring it on
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by otiigba1(m): 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
Clinton594: OOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGG!!!!!
I just feel like crying for you guys are too short sighted. 'The video is whack huh! ,no be the producers una go dey blame, I never heard anyone diss Clarence peters and Engees Jude. SMH! . as far as I'm alive I'm keep that song on a cool replay.
You haters ain't even talking of his dope track - Bring it on
grin grin what have you been smoking?......i want some of it

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by ebner70(m): 7:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
Haters shld go hug a transformer, Psquare keep up the good work
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by PERFECT2(m): 7:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
If you can't beat them,you leave them.

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by lanrefront1(m): 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
this is a very stupid post. just watched the video... the video is very solid....international standard video.....the song is different, so what.

Then it's just one track....just one song, intentionally made to be different. This is a song for international audience.....not just Nigerians.

Are you the one that will tell them the kind of song they can sing or not sing!!!
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by tameyka: 7:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
this is what happens when you allow kids gain access to the internet. Saying they can't break into the american hip hop bla bla is just trash talk, the fact they could even feature TI is a break in already, if you think its easy, drop one song let's see if your family members will even listen to it. Yu must have inferiority complex for you to look down on your own and by the way, are there no Africans in the US? Did the African Americans drop from the sky? Mtchewwww Jobless C*nt!
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by decepticos(m): 7:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
I respect p-square but don't like em music wise, problem I have with this thread is d way d Op was like "how do u think the blacks will allow..." Dat was just off, there are many non americans who have a strong ground in the US of A so bro in as much as I feel ur pain as regards the almighty wackster (which they have to be to eat) table ur argument differently next time ok.

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by RedEboe(m): 7:29pm On Sep 05, 2014
LOL!!!

For those NL commentators on this thread daring me to release my own music/song before criticising Psquare, i say a big "THANK YOU O"

However,the next time you all open your dirty mouths from the comfort of cheap beer palours to criticize your favourite football team or striker for failing to play well & score goals...remember your advise to me and do same with your respective football careers.

Hypocrites!

2 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Unekz(m): 7:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
Dreyl: They re busy making massive money with their craps while you are here hating,eating garri everyday,sorry for you.
lolz...tel him oooo
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 05, 2014

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Kingdom Wins Nigerian Idol 2021 (Season 6) / 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Defy The Usual Lyrics Of Butts And Boobs / Davido Performs At Eniola Badmus' 20 Years On Stage Party, Bows To Greet Kwam 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.