Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. (46849 Views)

Rebuttal: On Psquare And Why They Will Never Break Into The US Market / Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba / Psquare And 2face - Possibility (with lyrics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by chimajii: 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
Horayce: I don't care for psquare but to say naija music "will never" break into the US market is a stretch in my view. The US market is notoriously difficult to crack( going platinum in the US) even for American or British based musicians let alone our naija based musicians. It will eventually happen when a once in a generation musician comes from this side of the continent(a naija Shabaranks or Shaggy, why not?), but an industry or genrewide(afrohiphop) assault on the US market may be generations away from happening due to obvious barriers. But at the moment, Africans in the diaspora represent a chunk of the US market(my American born Zimbabwean friend knows more naija songs than I do) so u can also admit some headway is being made.

And what percentage of US does this your friend constitute? U may want to sit down. Cause u got ur shii mixxed up. How does goin platinum mean that u have broken into the US market?
Some of you just talk for the sake of it. If you don't know what breaking into a given market means please kindly keep quiet cause in your bid to sound intelligent by mentioning platinum u failed.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by abbey621(m): 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
chimajii:

How does one stating his opinion abt a given subject equate to Hating? Or u just felt like talking? Shrugs, u people can really be too much on here.
@Op I dnt tink them featuring T.I was to break into american market. So all those part of ur write up was purely nonsense.
Other than that, it's time for them to reInvent themselves. But u also have to note that, they may nt want to reason that much, since nigerians are gullible and will swoon to anything that has their name on it, o no one really questions dia musical and artistic growth. Psquares mantra is ' if it aint broke, don't fix it'. I hve not listened or watched the song in question

For someone with such a strong opinion, the least you could do is watch the video and listen to the song before forming your opinion, how do you expect anyone to take you seriously??
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by 50calibre(m): 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
iamord:

Bless u!! Have u seen the crap iceprince has been doing and people are banging their heads.. Honestly a lot might not admit it but a lot of blacks have inferiority complex.. Asides that!! Shout out to all the african acts that can sing with their indigenous language and still rock the continent!!!

Lol ice prince has this fake American accent he pull out once in a while, gosh!! It makes me cringe. That guy is fake as hell.

Africans need to learn to project their culture, typical African Americans are culture-less, there's nothing African about them bar their skin colour. We as Africans enjoy best of both worlds, we accept hip pop & RnB, we shouldn't fail to take our Afro beat, Fuji, juju et al to them.

This is why fela was a legend. Even bob marley represented Africa more than these fake artists of today.

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Ryabcool(m): 3:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
Not hating but i think they flopped on this one. The song is good, but doesn't sound Original. It sounded like i was listening to the Nigerian version of Robin Thicke's - Magic. They're just too similar.

They better go look for something original like they did with Do Me.

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
illugun:

I mean that Dbanj cannot stand head and shoulder with Psquare in the music industry. In other words Psquare beats Dbanj hands down in all ramifications. Besides I am sure that older in age.
in terms of what? you are spitting chit. I can still remember, few months ago,Dbanj won best artist in Africa in the World Music Award in France.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by shizzleStar: 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
mean while op is just an incredible FOOL to condemn this song while deluding himself as a music buff, what a fvcktard? A duo that have unleashed their talent on Nigeria, conquered Africa, an permeated the black world, why cant they attempt to break into the American market?

It is only myopic, unambitious, hate-filled, and inferiority complex people like the op that will condemn p-square. People like p-square are breaking boundaries and the fvcktard is here comparing the duo with the failure called dbanj who was flatly exposed when the don jazzy gave him the boot.

P-square is going places and haters and never to do wells are lamenting. Bunch of iddiatts!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2014
shizzleStar: mean while op is just an incredible FOOL to condemn this song while deluding himself as a music buff, what a fvcktard? A duo that have unleashed their talent on Nigeria, conquered Africa, an permeated the black world, why cant they attempt to break into the American market?

It is only myopic, unambitious, hate-filled, and inferiority complex people like the op that will condemn p-square. People like p-square are breaking boundaries and the fvcktard is here comparing the duo with the failure called dbanj who was flatly exposed when the don jazzy gave him the boot.

P-square is going places and haters and never to do wells are lamenting. Bunch of iddiatts!

bruh when are you going to cure ur HIV?
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by LilPeezy(m): 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
Neldrizzy: Lollll @ bolded, sauce kid don run go America, he was unable 2 compete with vector,iceprince, phemom, M-I
Eaya na b say em no set well b4 em join d game b dah....
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by abbey621(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
Ryabcool: Not hating but i think they flopped on this one. The song is good, but doesn't sound Original. It sounded like i was listening to the Nigerian version of Robin Thicke's - Magic. They're just too similar.

They better go look for something original like they did with Do Me.

You still hating brah......I've heard Robin Thicke's magic over 100 times, completely different, try another one!

2 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
illugun:

Stop it! In terms of wealth, popularity, awards and more Psquares beats Dbanj hands down. The only African that can equal Psquare is Akon but with the pace at which Psquare is moving..I have my fear for Akon!
In terms of popularity in Africa and outside africa,Dbanj got that. Dbanj is also richer and got more award than the duo combined with their brother, tell me the last time they won an award? it was 2012 I guess. Moreso,don't even compare them to Akon,even dbanj. u can compare them with r2bees and wizkid. ok?

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by shizzleStar: 3:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
aroleodua2:

bruh when are you going to cure ur HIV?
after your HIV+ g.ay partner is done poking you in the a.nus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by nyabingi(m): 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2014
tuface is my man anyday but someone pls tell him that he is loosing it gradually, his trying to sound americana no am at all!
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by joelenesleek(f): 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
shizzleStar:
Can you tell me how the bolded relates to the topic. Now you just exhibited a great level of incredible stewpidity and undiluted iddiocy. iddiatt!
and how does your response affect my everyday life? Since both have nothing to do with each other you can say those same words to yourself.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
chimajii:

And what percentage of US does this your friend constitute? U may want to sit down. Cause u got ur shii mixxed up. How does goin platinum mean that u have broken into the US market?
Some of you just talk for the sake of it. If you don't know what breaking into a given market means please kindly keep quiet cause in your bid to sound intelligent by mentioning platinum u failed.
Err, I actually love being proven wrong cos that's one way to learn and enlarge my understanding of stuff. You haven't done that. Taking issues with trivial points in my argument is not akin to making a constructive rebuttal. I'm no expert when it comes to media and music issues and I've never claimed to be one. One would think selling over a million cds in the US market would be a job well done for an entrant afrohiphop artist. Sure, my friend represents an insignificant part of the US market, an obvious point that doesn't need restating, but oh well. Again, id be more than grateful to understand from u the all knowing one why Nigerian artists will never break into the US market?

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by harffie(m): 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2014
That Video is whack..really? I can't believe Jude Okoye aπϑ Clarence Peters directed it.....sh*t!
I've got a problem with the beat t☺☺.....I think it sounds like POP iono if any1 ere listens to Michael jackson's songs well! Buh that sounds like pop to me! aπϑ TI, e try buh I think Snoop Dogg would flow well with the beat (in comparison with California girls)
That's my comment!
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by harffie(m): 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
joelenesleek: and how does your response affect my everyday life? Since both have nothing to do with each other you can say those same words to yourself.
Those guys are married oo! Hehe no kee ursef!
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by shizzleStar: 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
joelenesleek: and how does your response affect my everyday life? Since both have nothing to do with each other you can say those same words to yourself.
Shut up you twerp! next time stick to topic and don't display your profound idiocy.

what a brainless jerk?

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by goryorhal(m): 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2014
shizzleStar: mean while op is just an incredible FOOL to condemn this song while deluding himself as a music buff, what a fvcktard? A duo that have unleashed their talent on Nigeria, conquered Africa, an permeated the black world, why cant they attempt to break into the American market?

i jez pity you..... na una type dey sell una vote for 1 cup of garri... you better check your life bfore it's too late..
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by makazona(m): 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2014
But the song is not bad nah
except for d intro ad lib where T.I went off beat a lirrul.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by blaxx: 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2014
Those boys, sorry! Those men. la wa for dem. Na so dem wan use get recognition? Them dey on a long tin o.
Them no fit d song at all. E too different from wetin dem sabi.
Another int'l wack.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
The only Nigerian artist that can break into the US markets are As a, Femi and Nneka as their music is different, a different genre unlike the other many ones faking american hiphop and R&b

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Erotex(m): 3:42pm On Sep 05, 2014
Blame it on their mums death
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by shizzleStar: 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
goryorhal:

i jez pity you..... na una type dey sell una vote for 1 cup of garri... you better check your life bfore it's too late..
Now relay that to your unfortunate parents when you get home. You can attempt quoting me again when you learn to write in proper English, otherwise don't bother.

Bleeping iddiott!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
Most Nigerian artiste faces look too much of peasant and ugly. They has no talents needed in the USA. Poor accent they aren't willing to work on, bad production and when the production look good the musicians keep repeating the same nonsense like the traditional songs from the forest villages,etc.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by kakaG: 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
Its easy for you guys to log on to nairaland and make funny comment which I am sure you don't think over before vomiting. Who told you Ejeajo is boring? In fact have you ever sang danced before? why do you spend so much time hating instead of encouraging other who are trying to make a leaving? Okay! I see...... Its because they aren't putting on their funny suits or dancing with girls half naked abi. Dumb heads, you will never reach the height they have attained with this your silly attitudes and comments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2014
illugun:

Stop childish ranting! Dbanj is a small boy in the music industry compare to Psquare. cheesy

Dbanj can't even stand where Psquare tread..
lol. sorry. few weeks ago,Dbanj was chilling with bill gate and top world leaders,where was p square,i guess they were masturbating at home.

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2014
hensben: yeah! fela is a legend...he is unique, thats what i use in rating artiste first 'uniqueness'
True, Fela's beat or songs have been sampled my many American artist and he is also the only Nigerian to have performed at the Glastonbury music festival. The ones getting close to his achievements at the moment are Asa and Nneka. Majek fashek got close too.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by goryorhal(m): 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2014
shizzleStar:
Now relay that to your unfortunate parents when you get home. You cant attempt quoting me again when you learn to write in proper English, otherwise don't bother.

Bleeping iddiott!

lol...........funny you.."You cant attempt quoting me again when you learn to write in proper English"

i pity you...well i no fit insult your parent cuz i get home training ..but wetin me go tell you b say if you get mama go ask her, who your PAPA b..cuz u b FOOL wey lack home training and i get believe say dem teach you but you decided on your own to be a bastard ...
Goat
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by deo24128: 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
harffie: That Video is whack..really? I can't believe Jude Okoye aπϑ Clarence Peters directed it.....sh*t!
I've got a problem with the beat t☺☺.....I think it sounds like POP iono if any1 ere listens to Michael jackson's songs well! Buh that sounds like pop to me! aπϑ TI, e try buh I think Snoop Dogg would flow well with the beat (in comparison with California girls)
That's my comment!

It sounds 80's early 90's POP and Psqaure does Pop mostly. How can you put Snoop Dog in a funky song like this. TI was the best fit better alternative Pharell. If the lines were slower maybe a Thicke or Timberlake. But a Snoop on this song? What do people smoke na?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Kingdom Wins Nigerian Idol 2021 (Season 6) / 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Defy The Usual Lyrics Of Butts And Boobs / Davido Performs At Eniola Badmus' 20 Years On Stage Party, Bows To Greet Kwam 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.