Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. (46857 Views)

Rebuttal: On Psquare And Why They Will Never Break Into The US Market / Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba / Psquare And 2face - Possibility (with lyrics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by goryorhal(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
victorv12: Nigerians are the only people that I know that, even when something is tasteless, some people will still want to force that shit down someone's oesophagus!

LOL grin grin grin grin
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by marvel2(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
melojames: M.I and Wizkid are the two big Nigerian artists i believe can break into the American music industry.

You are right man
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by joelenesleek(f): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
shizzleStar:
Shut up you twerp! next time stick to topic and don't display your profound idiocy.

what a brainless jerk?
my dear shut me up if you think you can. But making money from fake doesn't make it original.so stop sprinkling saliva on your kaki.

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Ryabcool(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
abbey621:

You still hating brah......I've heard Robin Thicke's magic over 100 times, completely different, try another one!
namesake, you don't get it. The first thought that came to my mind was Robin Thicke's Magic. In fact, i think Kool n The Gang's 'Get Down On It' was infused with the song. FHUCK,, i'm listening to Get Down On It now and i am PRETTY SURE that this song was also copied. Listen to it now and hear it. The rhythm is the same. Summertime kinda vibe. You just gotta broaden your horizon to see what i'm saying.
Moreover my opinion is further enforced with precedence. And not just one if i might add.

Go listen to Charass 'coco butter' and compare with Psquare's 'Testimony'.

Listen to Psquare's Get Squared again and tell me if Peter didn't copy Nelly's style of singing and Usher's kinda moves in the video

Listen to Alingo and tell me if the song and dance wasn't copied from Azonto.

Listen to Omoge Mi and tell me if it wasn't copied from Toni Braxton(forgotten the title of the song at the moment).

I could keep going on and on but you already get the picture.

2 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by shizzleStar: 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
goryorhal:

[s]lol...........funny you.."You cant attempt quoting me again when you learn to write in proper English"

i pity you...well i no fit insult your parent cuz i get home training ..but wetin me go tell you b say if you get mama go ask her, who your PAPA b..cuz u b FOOL wey lack home training and i get believe say dem teach you but you decided on your own to be a bastard ...
Goat[/s]
What an irredeemable fvcktard! Retards everywhere. Btw didn't i tell you faggit not to quote me again with your crappy and incoherent jargon?, anyways I'm done with you. Enjoy your rare moment of fame.

Fvcking arze wipe

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by crisycent: 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
I find everything the OP has said true apart from the part that p-square should go back to their old style and be original. Well, p-square has never been original all their life. Their so called hit songs is always a remix of a foreign song in pigin English. These dudes should start afresh.

2 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by harffie(m): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
deo24128:

It sounds 80's early 90's POP and Psqaure does Pop mostly. How can you put Snoop Dog in a funky song like this. TI was the best fit better alternative Pharell. If the lines were slower maybe a Thicke or Timberlake. But a Snoop on this song? What do people smoke na?
Baba mi nothing o! I jes dey low key
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by abbey621(m): 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
Ryabcool: namesake, you don't get it. The first thought that came to my mind was Robin Thicke's Magic. In fact, i think Kool n The Gang's 'Get Down On It' was infused with the song. FHUCK,, i'm listening to Get Down On It now and i am PRETTY SURE that this song was also copied. Listen to it now and hear it. The rhythm is the same. Summertime kinda vibe. You just gotta broaden your horizon to see what i'm saying.
Moreover my opinion is further enforced with precedence. And not just one if i might add.

Go listen to Charass 'coco butter' and compare with Psquare's 'Testimony'.

Listen to Psquare's Get Squared again and tell me if Peter didn't copy Nelly's style of singing and Usher's kinda moves in the video

Listen to Alingo and tell me if the song and dance wasn't copied from Azonto.

Listen to Omoge Mi and tell me if it wasn't copied from Toni Braxton(forgotten the title of the song at the moment).

I could keep going on and on but you already get the picture.

Forget all that, 95% of music nowadays was recycled. Either thru beats or lyrics, to deny so would only be an illusion. From Beyonce to the great Sir Elton, all na recycling. Spend less time worrying abt who copied what and more time enjoying the various concepts and message in their music!
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by joelenesleek(f): 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
harffie:
Those guys are married oo! Hehe no kee ursef!
No for why. The are married and I am single

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by goryorhal(m): 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
shizzleStar:
What an irredeemable fvcktard! Retards everywhere. Btw didn't i tell you faggit not to quote me again with your crappy and incoherent jargon?, anyways I'm done with you. Enjoy your rare moment if fame.

Fvcking arze wipe

LOL.... well i guess you are still a small kid....so i don't have anything to say to you....

your attention is needed in the kitchen...go wash plate..
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Porthable(m): 4:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
Firstly, at the OP let me assume its pure hating and joblessness that made u devot ur time into writing this piece but I must admit that right now, I am as jobless as u are and have enough time to reply u. I bet you're one of those wizkids and olamide's fan who go yammering about the few reasonable musicians we have in Nigeria. For me P. Square's best came during the days of game over but their recent performance from the likes of Alingo to this Bring it on as been okay for me. if you think all you can do is critical criticise the p square on the same song and praise T.I, u are just totally off r point. I have not seen the video but I can tell you that the song is just an happy song which should do fine for a Nigerian act.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
abbey621:

Agreeing with someone that used the word is basically the same thing, abi u just dey agree 4 agreement sake?.... grin grin grin

Did I agree with someone? Why didn't you just reply to that person?

... you should know, people on Nairaland who overuse the grin smiley are generally not to be taken seriously. If it's possible, I'm even less interested in what you have to say than ever.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by shizzleStar: 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
joelenesleek: my dear shut me up if you think you can. But making money from fake doesn't make it original.so stop sprinkling saliva on your kaki.
I'm a civilian soldier on native, so i'll rather splash the saliva on your face for being bitchy, you don't mind, do you?
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by harffie(m): 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
joelenesleek: No for why. The are married and I am single
Hmm! A 9ce shape you got, I see it even with the blurry pizzure.....(just saying o)
"You can't hide real beauty"
Harffie_2014
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
illugun:

Now you are sounding emotional and hurt right! cheesy

What is the big deal standing with Bill Gate? I am sure you are suffering from low esteem.. cheesy

Get over it boy. Dbanj is a good guy but he is way too far below Psquare in the music industry in all its ramifications. Its a bitter fact you got to swallow considering you are a fan of Dband or is it Dbanj.. cheesy
lol. sorry,dont take this personal. what is the big deal standing with Bill Gate? lol. ok o.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
illugun:

I mean that Dbanj cannot stand head and shoulder with Psquare in the music industry. In other words Psquare beats Dbanj hands down in all ramifications. Besides I am sure that older in age.
Haba... even dbanj is the Nigerian artist with the highest views on YouTube.

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by shizzleStar: 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2014
joelenesleek: No for why. The are married and I am single
sweery can we make peace?, i don't like dishing it out to ladies, you cant stand it, besides you are single and i don't like hurting singles wink

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by chimajii: 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
abbey621:

For someone with such a strong opinion, the least you could do is watch the video and listen to the song before forming your opinion, how do you expect anyone to take you seriously??

sorry man, but u made no sense of any sort. if maybe i did comment on the song in question then ur question or wateva it is u wrote up there wud have been valid. u must not knw that the OP raised lots of topics in his write up and I addressed or talked on the 1s I know/ have knowledge on. Now tell me. What exactly is ur Point? I doubt any1 will take u seriously since it is difficult for u to understand a multi taskin text.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by joelenesleek(f): 4:13pm On Sep 05, 2014
shizzleStar:
I'm a civilian soldier on native, so i'll rather splash the saliva on your face for being bitchy, you don't mind, do you?
even though I don't like the kind of songs they make I still have a crush on the cute one with abs but you don't even have any song I can dislike or abs to crush on. So chillax.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by joelenesleek(f): 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
harffie:
Hmm! A 9ce shape you got, I see it even with the blurry pizzure.....(just saying o)
"You can't hide real beauty"
Harffie_2014
Oya close your eyes before I tell my mummy you are toasting me tongue

1 Like

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
I just watch d video on youtube. I think the video was gd but the song was meh of course we know the dance steps we're a mixture of usher and MJ. Nigerian muscians have to step up on their sound espically the rich onces P Square are good performers buh their sound are meh the should get modern gardget employ someone with a good knwoldge of protools and modern sound softwares imagine if u go to a top nigerian aryist u see things like keyboard microphone etc no mixers no sound levelers nigerian step up ur. Once u play nigerian music on a hi_fi system u can hear d flaws. By the way has anybody looked up the movie Half of a yellow sun on boxofficemojo. That's a movie said to be made with ova $10 million.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Orikinla(m): 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
Tell the most sensational twin brothers in hip hop music to see me asap. I have funkier songs for them before Christmas. Better than all the jingles for caller tunes Nigerian hip hop artistes are calling songs.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by joelenesleek(f): 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
shizzleStar:
sweery can we make peace?, i don't like dishing it out to ladies, you cant stand it, besides you are single and i don't like hurting singles wink
I wasn't @ war with you neither do I have to make peace with you. You still have no abs or recordings so continue beating yourself.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Eddy2cute(m): 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
Well as 4 me I prefer the shekini. Song to the so much hyped egajo because that shekini has a feel of naija in it
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by shizzleStar: 4:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
joelenesleek: even though I don't like the kind of songs they make I still have a crush on the cute one with abs but you don't even have any song I can dislike or abs to crush on. So chillax.
Don't want people to call me heartless cos if i show you my abs, and my well toned and chiseled body, you will faint, remember i don't like to hurt ladies. wink Not to worry, I'm as cool as cucumber, so feel free to crush on me. Your hips looks cool too winksmiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by iamord(m): 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
chucky234: MI is never a good rapper, dude is overrated.

Ohooo!! I saw he tried to resurrect in that boys song called kpansh .. God knows you can't find such music in my play list. They are all overrated and are thriving cos majority of nigerians don't know quality music .. So far u can dance to it in elegushi that's what matters to them.. I was going. Through some songs yesterday.. The likes of lucky dube , chaka chaka, Angela kidjo, kofi olumide , rocky dawuni etc.. Wow!! I felt so connected.. No matter how old this artistes are .. It will take years for a lot of our present day artistes to achieve their feat
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by abbey621(m): 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
Eddy2cute: Well as 4 me I prefer the shekini. Song to the so much hyped egajo because that shekini has a feel of naija in it

Well said, I also like 'Shekini' but prefer 'Bring it on' to 'Ejeajo' but that doesn't mean Ejeajo is crap or deserving of the hateful bashing by some people here.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by shizzleStar: 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
joelenesleek: I wasn't @ war with you neither do I have to make peace with you. You still have no abs or recordings so continue beating yourself.
Alright then we good wink

Nah! it will be a crime for me to beat myself. I'll rather beat you the right way, that hips looks inviting wink.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by iamord(m): 4:26pm On Sep 05, 2014
joelenesleek: Oya close your eyes before I tell my mummy you are toasting me tongue

All this ph gehs can kill

What!!!
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by iamord(m): 4:28pm On Sep 05, 2014
saxywale:
Haba... even dbanj is the Nigerian artist with the highest views on YouTube.

What happened with him and good music That guy sabi package himself shikena

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Kingdom Wins Nigerian Idol 2021 (Season 6) / 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Defy The Usual Lyrics Of Butts And Boobs / Davido Performs At Eniola Badmus' 20 Years On Stage Party, Bows To Greet Kwam 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.