Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. (46830 Views)

Rebuttal: On Psquare And Why They Will Never Break Into The US Market / Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba / Psquare And 2face - Possibility (with lyrics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by joelenesleek(f): 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2014
shizzleStar:
Alright then we good wink

Nah! it will be a crime for me to beat myself. I'll rather beat you the right way, that hips looks inviting wink.
palava you dey find, Walhalla you go get embarassed
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by chimajii: 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2014
abbey621:

Forget all that, 95% of music nowadays was recycled. Either thru beats or lyrics, to deny so would only be an illusion. From Beyonce to the great Sir Elton, all na recycling. Spend less time worrying abt who copied what and more time enjoying the various concepts and message in their music!

Concept? Message? U better lay off that pipe
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Tymax(m): 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2014
I think we need an ORGANIZED BODY OF CRITICS. We need standards in this industry.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by harffie(m): 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2014
joelenesleek: Oya close your eyes before I tell my mummy you are toasting me tongue
Okay ma'am!
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by joelenesleek(f): 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2014
iamord:

All this ph gehs can kill

What!!!
oga have I killed you before? shocked
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
shymexx:

Fam, turn off your TV and stop spouting nonsense. What has gangs got to do with being a bad gimmick of the original? P-square and other naija artists can break into the US market because there's basically no originality in naija music - and no quintessential naija sound - just utter noise for feel good music. And apart from being a bad imitation, a lot of the beats and concept sound the same. Sometimes, you can't even differentiate one artist from the other because it's more or less the same thing.

Caribbean music is big in America, though it might not be as big as it used to be. Fela's music has been sampled so many times by American hip-hop artists since as long as I can remember - even way before the broadway show. Naija music just lacks originality and international appeal - it has nothing to do with gang ties. Gangsters don't buy music!
bruh am not sayin dey can't break into america hiphop industry(not rap hiphop) but wit crap dey singin now bruh 'I don't think so' about d pple u mention eg fela dose 1 aint sayin crap dey talkin sensible thing so if we talkin music don't bring fela and co inside it
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by joelenesleek(f): 4:33pm On Sep 05, 2014
harffie:
Okay ma'am!
thank you pa'am.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by harffie(m): 4:33pm On Sep 05, 2014
MissMeiya:

Did I agree with someone? Why didn't you just reply to that person?

... you should know, people on Nairaland who overuse the grin smiley are generally not to be taken seriously. If it's possible, I'm even less interested in what you have to say than ever.
Missmeiya don finish abbey ooo hahaha abbey621
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by iswallker(m): 4:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
sirjohnson: I read that Peter Okoye used to sell Mangoes while Paul was an Electrician. Read their struggle story Here. I bet you will so much be touched

They have really come a long way.

You have come again with yiur virus infested links. Paste the link rather than here, so we know where re goin..

In other news, Psquare is non of my business..
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by harffie(m): 4:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
joelenesleek: thank you pa'am.
Hmm..... wink
joelenesleek: thank you pa'am.
Hmm.....
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by iamord(m): 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
This thread is so funny

It reminds me of NIGERIA`S USHER
he goes by the name RASQUI
When lasu boys burst him head dem no teach am to sing normal!!
gringringringringrin
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by iamord(m): 4:37pm On Sep 05, 2014
joelenesleek: oga have I killed you before? shocked

U almost did!!
Am lucky to live and tell the story
gringrin
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by shizzleStar: 4:38pm On Sep 05, 2014
joelenesleek: palava you dey find, Walhalla you go get embarassed
Nothing wrong with being nice with words, besides what makes you think i cant catch a grenade for your sake? That wouldn't be too much wahala on me you know? smiley

I come in peace and i want to enter in peace wink
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by 4C2215131: 4:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
melojames: M.I and Wizkid are the two big Nigerian artists i believe can break into the American music industry.

M.I-yes with a lot of work as nigga be slipping in recent times.

Wizkid-maybe (if he can re-enact the holler @ ur boy persona). Don't think his new music style can cut it save he decides to market himself over there as TOTALLY african pop with no pretense to R'n'B or Pop
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by joelenesleek(f): 4:40pm On Sep 05, 2014
iamord:

U almost did!!
Am lucky to live and tell the story
gringrin
sweetheart when, how and why?
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by DaBullIT(m): 4:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
You wrote your opinion I respect that.

Why people con dey yab the poster now ?

But never say NEVER.

I read a story about Nigerian artistes in music/ entertainment produce beats , party tracks and no reasonable message to pass across , most are in the business for the fame and money not really because they want you to learn

For a Nigerian artiste to have a chance at the world in general. Forget the party tracks , nobody wants to know how much money you earn. Pass a message that affects the world positively and sit back

So many things to sign about is on the news, SK Gbana and weed is not the only source of inspiration
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by joelenesleek(f): 4:44pm On Sep 05, 2014
shizzleStar:
Nothing wrong with being nice with words, besides what makes you think i cant catch a grenade for your sake? That wouldn't be too much wahala on me you know? smiley

I come in peace and i want to enter in peace wink
I don't want you to catch grenade I want you to help me squeeze Your B tongue
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by iamord(m): 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2014
joelenesleek: sweetheart when, how and why?

*Sigh*

My dear follow me to thank God oo!!!

Hmm!!!!!!

Wait a min

You almost got me killed

What do you care

You!!! YOU!!!!!
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
Wizkid He will break in by looking for caro abi?

melojames: M.I and Wizkid are the two big Nigerian artists i believe can break into the American music industry.

2 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by abokikhalifa: 4:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
Am sur that the person who wroth this is a fool and I know that he use to take the last position in school.. Syaing shit about others. U beter look for a way to make ur life meaningful.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by 4C2215131: 4:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
Bigsteveg:

It's unfair for u to take it too personal by involving his father, Dats unfeminine of u. Perhaps everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion same as RedEboe. We all can't sleep and face d same direction, d moment we all agree on something means we are not relevant again.

I have not listened/watch d song, majority of people I knew already critised d song and am not in d mood for it again.

Critisizing is good, it helps keep that person on his or her toes.

You mean to say constructive Criticism, not outright witch-hunting.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by shizzleStar: 4:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
joelenesleek: I don't want you to catch grenade I want you to help me squeeze Your B tongue
That would be unappealing you know, ill rather your sleek, soft fingers roam around my ba.lls with so much dexterity wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by shizzleStar: 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
peppyluv02: Wizkid He will break in by looking for caro abi?

gringrin peppyluv.....

2 Likes

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
I don't need to be sure,its obvious you were the best student in your school.

abokikhalifa: Am sur that the person who wroth this is a fool and I know that he use to take the last position in school.. Syaing shit about others. U beter look for a way to make ur life meaningful.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Ojestas(m): 4:56pm On Sep 05, 2014
OP. .SMH . i no go blame you.U no fit reason pass your brain.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by joelenesleek(f): 4:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
iamord:

*Sigh*

My dear follow me to thank God oo!!!

Hmm!!!!!!

Wait a min

You almost got me killed

What do you care

You!!! YOU!!!!!
False alarm!!!!! cry
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by tontodike1: 4:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by iamord(m): 5:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
joelenesleek: False alarm!!!!! cry

Nope it isn't I got proof
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by 4C2215131: 5:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
shymexx:

Fam, turn off your TV and stop spouting nonsense. What has gangs got to do with being a bad gimmick of the original? P-square and other naija artists can break into the US market because there's basically no originality in naija music - and no quintessential naija sound - just utter noise for feel good music. And apart from being a bad imitation, a lot of the beats and concept sound the same. Sometimes, you can't even differentiate one artist from the other because it's more or less the same thing.

Caribbean music is big in America, though it might not be as big as it used to be. Fela's music has been sampled so many times by American hip-hop artists since as long as I can remember - even way before the broadway show. Naija music just lacks originality and international appeal - it has nothing to do with gang ties. Gangsters don't buy music!

Word!
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by kechywillz(m): 5:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
abeg if una see truth make una talk,i be psquare die hard fan,for me the song is somehow ok,but the video is an obvious flopp,come on,psquare is better than this,please psquare go and re-strategize. Abegg!!!
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by joelenesleek(f): 5:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
iamord:

Nope it isn't I got proof
proof!
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Atmmachine(m): 5:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
RedEboe: Till date I have been unable to watch Psquare's Ejeajo music video from begining to end for no other reason than the fact that i find that video/song utterly disgraceful.

Most devoted/diehard Psquare fans feel the same way too, but many will not say a word; some keep on replaying Ejeajo, hoping the song will eventually grow on them...its not happening.

Psquare has released its first major flop and the inclusion of American rapper T.I will not save them this time around.

The Ejeajo song sounded below average, ordinary, nothing catchy, no rhythm and to sum it all up, totally tasteless. It seems as though the sole purpose of this song was just to feature T.I and break into the American market.

I can bet my very last kobo that any American (Black) who's opportuned to watch Ejeajo video will laugh off his seat saying, "Who are these African booty scratchers trying too hard to sound like us and dance better than Usher?"
I felt the same way watching Peter Okoye putting in so much "gra gra" into his dance moves.

But on a serious note, about Nigerian artistes wanting to break into the American market; do these Nigerian artistes think that the Jay Zs, P Diddys and Dr Dre's will sit back and watch Nigerian music break into US Hip hop market? Especially in an America where music and sports are the few things black Americans can really hold on to. So they (Black American artistes) will allow some black African musician to come in and steal their domestic market share?

Nigerian music is already big in many African countries like Kenya,Zambia,Ghana and even South Africa. Do we think indigenous artistes and music promoters in these African countries are happy with Nigerians dominating their respective music scenes?

Why will Black Americans not stay proactive and stop Nigerian music from gaining foothold in their market?

Now here's the truth,someone should tell Psquare that its time to go back to the drawing board and re-invent themselves. I don't know the duo's football age but i'm guessing they are in their mid thirties. When dancing musicians start growing older or maturing, they concentrate more on the quality of their music, where more matured dance steps are incorporated. 'Matured dance steps' here simply means slow but sleeker dance moves, just like USHER in GOOD KISSER. And definitely not the 'gra gra' Peter Okoye was showcasing in Ejeajo, epecially to a lousy song.

I think it's time the Okoye twins take a break from music for some time; perhaps they can go concentrate on their respective marriages or try to mentor younger musicians with the ability to sing and dance.

After a few years, Psquare can return with a new style and sound.

For now,Psquare has lost it and i hope their closest fans and admirers tell them this truth before it's too late.

Remember Dbanj?

Do your own..
You can buy one of their shoes yet you're hating.
Ask God to give you money

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Kingdom Wins Nigerian Idol 2021 (Season 6) / 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Defy The Usual Lyrics Of Butts And Boobs / Davido Performs At Eniola Badmus' 20 Years On Stage Party, Bows To Greet Kwam 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.