Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,370 members, 7,954,500 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:35 PM

Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship (30190 Views)

7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women / Seven Things To Expect In A Real Godly Relationship / Why Is Christian Dating So Difficult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by emmyskies(m): 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
ibietela2:

Keep your brain washing to yourself, why are pastors keep getting remarried?
Don't you have wisdom? Am I against marriage?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
emmyskies:
You can hear the word from many places, testimony, online reading, tv preaching, satelitte, christian books etc
What matters is, is it in line with the word of GOD? The following verses proves that christian shouldn't involve themselves in a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship. This not gotten from video clip or whatever you call it:

Eph 4:27
Matt 5:28
1st Cor 6:9
Romans 12:2
James 4:4
Lev 18:3
1st John 2:16

It is a matter of definition.
Before you open your mouth to throw around misleading words, you must first of all define what YOU mean by girlfriend and boyfriend.

Also, introduce yourself too and your relationship status. That way your validity can be guaged accordingly.

Until you respond with the requested, there is nothing to drag.

I agree with you if that definition of girlfriend boyfriend is to be fornicating everywhere.
But for working towards something good in the future, and keeping their bodies to themselves, there is nothing wrong with this.

Some structure is needed. You don't just live life until when you are ready to marry you just randomly select from church-approved people and marry. Where is the relationship there? And don't say because God led you to this person to marry who you only courted for 1 month, that it will be perfect.

There is no such thing as a perfect marriage. Last last, it was Isaac's God-led wife that encouraged her son Jacob to decieve and make a fool of him in his old age.

You need time to understand a person, before even getting to talking about marrying them. Spirituality has little to do with that.

Mary and Joseph, before they became fiance's, do you think it just "happened"? They would have known each other for long and would have worked at a relationship before engagement. Only case where what you are saying happened is during bethrothal cases, or a case "I am a king, I want a new wife. All y'all come parade before me and I will choose". Don't get it twisted.

I take it you are young (teenager perhaps?) and single (and trying to justify that singleness?) hence you lacking any form of reference to what you are trying to talk about save what you are falsely translating from the bible to suit your whim. All the bible said is "keep away from sexual sin". Everything else is you, and your ilk, being over-zealous to the point of fantasy. I do not envy the gullible person who subscribes to your way of thinking, because they are the same you see everyday lining up in front of their pastors office with "See, the man/woman who you gave me is misbehaving" Like Adam said to God.

4 Likes

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by emmyskies(m): 7:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
dayosaurus:

Have you ever stopped to use your brain for once?, anybody can wake up one day 50 years after Jesús' death n day he is under the influence' and write a thought provoking fictional piece. Think! The space between your ears is meant to be used.
You can be saved. The choice is yours. I don't want you to believe whatever you hear or see, believe in JESUS CHRIST and His words in the Bible. This is between you and Him, challenge Him to prove Himself to you if He is alive. See, I'm not forcing you to believe. If you don't, na your head. But it's best you do, call on Him personal, He is GOD
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
emmyskies:
You can hear the word from many places, testimony, online reading, tv preaching, satelitte, christian books etc
What matters is, is it in line with the word of GOD? The following verses proves that christian shouldn't involve themselves in a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship. This not gotten from video clip or whatever you call it:

Eph 4:27
Matt 5:28
1st Cor 6:9
Romans 12:2
James 4:4
Lev 18:3
1st John 2:16
That's what we are saying now..so if I want to get married I just wake up to any Girl and propose to her right?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by dayosaurus(m): 8:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
emmyskies:
You can be saved. The choice is yours. I don't want you to believe whatever you hear or see, believe in JESUS CHRIST and His words in the Bible. This is between you and Him, challenge Him to prove Himself to you if He is alive. See, I'm not forcing you to believe. If you don't, na your head. But it's best you do, call on Him personal, He is GOD

Lwkmd, I should also believe that animals speak English back in the days? grin
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by onyeego(m): 10:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
Who is this impersonator called Onye Ego1?
I am d only Onye ego of Nairaland and Nigeria, I was minding my business when the bell started ringing from Nairaland, only to come here and discover that someone has stolen my identity.
Seun do something about this, there can not be other Onye egos on this Forum.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
onyeego: Who is this impersonator called Onye Ego1?
I am d only Onye ego of Nairaland and Nigeria, I was minding my business when the bell started ringing from Nairaland, only to come here and discover that someone has stolen my identity.

So you have read the bible, realized you were full of beans, and now are trying to play the "who stole my id" game.

It's okay, we've all done that. wink
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by onyeego(m): 11:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
2buff:

So you have read the bible, realized you were full of beans, and now are trying to play the "who stole my id" game.

It's okay, we've all done that. wink
Go through my posts and comments, I don't know the impersonator; he doesn't have what it takes to be me.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by trendphemmy(m): 4:16am On Sep 10, 2014
ajidesola: It is high time we all work out our Salvation with fear and trembling.
The fact is EVERY SEX B4 OR OUTSIDE MARRIAGE IS A SIN. Pls b wise!
are u saying kissing and romance without the aim of sex are not and if dey are where is it in d bible
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by VivaLaFrans: 7:35am On Sep 10, 2014
Chi59: At times, i wonder why people ask this ridiculous question "Are you a virgin?". What is it to you? Virginity or not, it is SALVATION that counts. Though, maintaining physical purity before marriage is very good, SALVATION is the BEST, because it does not just count for time, but also for ETERNITY.
Thats how girls in church think... Well, Its salvation that counts. Let me eat my cake and ask for mercy, God will definitely forgive me.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 10:24am On Sep 10, 2014

i am still here and i did not still ur identity we can be friends if u don't mind
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 10:29am On Sep 10, 2014
onyeego:
Go through my posts and comments, I don't know the impersonator; he doesn't have what it takes to be me.

u don't know me from the other end so dont rush to place me below u... Ofcus u can c dat i am ''ONYE-EGO 1''... *extends hand for and handshake*
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Fredique(m): 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
@Poster
I have read the first post, but did not read the other comments running into several pages, so I'm not sure if what I'm about to say has been said before.

There is nothing wrong with having a love relationship before marriage, as long as God's standard of sexual purity is maintained.

A case in point is the couple in Songs of Solomon. That dialogue that got a place as a book in the HOLY bible was between an unmarried couple.

A question for the poster: are you holier than the bible?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 11, 2014
datguru: This act should not once be mentioned amongst you as ye becometh christains. the only relationship that should exist between a genuine born again sister and brother is MARRIAGE. Apart from this, any other relationship is sinful
as ye becometh saints those things shd nt be mntioned among u. God bless u broda
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 11, 2014
Emrey: Situation in dis country makes it harder to serve d lord!!!!
like wat situation makes it hard to serve God. Can u pls outline dem for me
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 11, 2014
VivaLaFrans: Thats how girls in church think... Well, Its salvation that counts. Let me eat my cake and ask for mercy, God will definitely forgive me.
That's not what i meant. I mean on the scale of importance, salvation is more important although being a virgin is good.
Pls read well before you comment.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 11, 2014
Lwkmd
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by asalimpo(m): 12:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
trendphemmy: are u saying kissing and romance without the aim of sex are not and if dey are where is it in d bible

over kissing and "romancing" - is just a prelude to sex. What's romancg? What's d point exciting each other sxually short of coitus?
There shud b boundaries.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by SenatorJames(m): 4:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
ProphetUdeme: An again here comes some self acclaimed pastors who go about brainwashing their followers. Chai i feel sorry for some blind christians who obey their pastors more than the bible..
I see some heretics who preach that a child of God can go ahead and have a love relationship and he or she can go ahead and have boyrfriends and girlfriends.. That thier love partners must be a christian and they should abstain from sex but can go ahead and be emotional and even a kiss is not harmful.. Its is a christian dating that is acceptable to God...
My brethren let me tell u.. Satan the devil moves around seeking whom to devour...
If ure a child of God repent from such evil relationship.. Cast away all those emotional demons out of ur mind. Ur body is a holy temple wer the Holy Ghost of God dwells.
There is nothing like christian dating.. Repent from boyfriend and girlfriend things and break off such relationship or else it will lead u to hell.
U might say '' well she is my girlfriend but i promise i wont lust after her not defile her but there is no how u see her u will become weak and before u know it. U will fall into temptation.. There is nothing like christian boyfriend or godly girlfriend.. Break off such things and be set free for in such relationship is wer lust dwells.
If ure grown up and u see a girl u will love to marry then pray to God abt it if its The Father's will then propose to her as a fiancee dont visit her room yet unless u fall prey but be distance wit her and wen its time God says marry her then u will marry her...
Hebrews 13 vs 4 - MARRIAGE IS HONOURABLE IN ALL AND THE BED UNDEFILED BUT WHOREMONGERS AND ADULTERERS GOD SHALL JUDGE.
he that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the people
You have spoken well, it's left to everybody to decide to do right or wrong. The problem many of we the true children of God have is that, we are not proud and bold to say the true outside, by this the devil is prevailing in winning many to his side. many people are proud to say they have girlfriends, boasting of how ladies they had disvirgined, how good a like was on bed e.t.c, but we will never countered them. instead, we feel ashamed to tell them its bad to do all these things, that is why the younger once are trending that path as the good way of life. many are only proud of their christian way of life in the church.

How many of us are proud to say we are virgin?
How many of us are proud openly that we don't have a girl/boyfriend?
Lastly, the trend will still continue, until we are proud to be called SU.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by SenatorJames(m): 5:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
emmyskies:

What a quote from the pit of hell and the devil. My friend, body no be firewood shay? But e go turn to firewood for the lake of fire for eternity if one don't repent and discipline self.

See, there would be no excuse on the last day. If you truely want to live Christ-like and be saved, it is hundred percent possible. If you want to live a life without fornicating or sinning at all, it is possible because the word of GOD have confirmed it that no temptation can befall you beyond that which you can't overcome -1st Cor 10:13

So write off that quote from your heart and strive to make heaven
God bless you for this. Lets keep on propagating the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
SenatorJames: You have spoken well, it's left to everybody to decide to do right or wrong. The problem many of we the true children of God have is that, we are not proud and bold to say the true outside, by this the devil is prevailing in winning many to his side. many people are proud to say they have girlfriends, boasting of how ladies they had disvirgined, how good a like was on bed e.t.c, but we will never countered them. instead, we feel ashamed to tell them its bad to do all these things, that is why the younger once are trending that path as the good way of life. many are only proud of their christian way of life in the church.

How many of us are proud to say we are virgin?
How many of us are proud openly that we don't have a girl/boyfriend?
Lastly, the trend will still continue, until we are proud to be called SU.

If it is your lot in life to never marry, that is good. Walk that path with pride.
However, don't try to impose it on others, otherwise you risk sounding overly self-righteousness.
Self-righteousness is a turn-off to everyone, God included.

Now, I have always told folks on this thread to DEFINE what you are talking about. From what I hear you saying, YOUR definition of relationship/girlfriend/boyfriend is 2 people fornicating. That is a very myopic definition. There are many romantic relationships between a man and a woman that have no such activities.

Now answer this, IF however, you do want a family in the future, how exactly would you go about making that a reality?
Do you think the woman will fall from heaven? Even if she does, will she force herself into your life without you initiating things?
Do you think because she "fell from heaven", that she will be perfect and you won't need to spend time "understanding" her?

It is from answering these question that you will truly understand what you are talking about and know for yourself whether you are being pragmatic or just being plain naive. God will provide yes, but he will NEVER force anything/anyone into your hand. He simply puts it within your reach. You must be bold and go after what you desire with faith. Afterwards, you build a relationship with her. Yet, this same relationship is what you are bad mouthing now. Remember, God will not give you what you don't want, so if you like keep professing distasteful things for your future.

Right now, you are just talking to make yourself sound profound or you are just not at that level of life yet.
In which case, respect your currently limited experience and stop talking about what you are still too small to understand.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
At this point, I am just of the very firm opinion that the people who are saying all these things on this thread like Udeme and co are just angry because they lack what it takes to get a girlfriend or boyfriend. cool

Hence trying to create an "It's cool to be inadequate" culture and trying to hide behind God instead of working on their problems.
God is a God of excellence in all things. He doesn't like it if you try to use his word to justify mediocrity and laziness. It brings Him no glory, but instead brings mockery.

He does not like being mocked...so most of you here don't know it, but in your bid to sound holy (due to your inability to triumph in your romantic life), you are actually sinning. grin

Best to just SHATTAP and quietly pray that God HELPS you to become adequate and stop offending him. kiss
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 8:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
2buff:

If it is your lot in life to never marry, that is good. Walk that path with pride.
However, don't try to impose it on others, otherwise you risk sounding overly self-righteousness.

Now, I have always told folks on this thread to DEFINE what you are talking about. From what I hear you saying, YOUR definition of relationship/girlfriend/boyfriend is 2 people fornicating. That is a very myopic definition. There are many romantic relationships between a man and a woman that have no such activities.

Now answer this, IF however, you do want a family in the future, how exactly would you go about making that a reality?
Do you think the woman will fall from heaven? Even if she does, will she force herself into your life without you initiating things?
Do you think because she "fell from heaven", that she will be perfect and you won't need to spend time "understanding" her?

It is from answering these question that you will truly understand what you are talking about and know for yourself whether you are being pragmatic or just being plain naive. God will provide yes, but he will NEVER force anything/anyone into your hand. He simply puts it within your reach. You must be bold and go after what you desire with faith. Afterwards, you build a relationship with her. Yet, this same relationship is what you are bad mouthing now. Remember, God will not give you what you don't want, so if you like keep professing distasteful things for your future.

Right now, you are just talking to make yourself sound profound or you are just not at that level of life yet.
In which case, respect your currently limited experience and stop talking about what you are still too small to understand.

i think i av gotten where u are aving problem..... Lemme empathize with u a little...
Criteria of getting married to the rytful lady.
1. The lady should be a believer of the word of God.
2. Your choice. What kinda lady u want? As xtian u don't expect to wait for the holyspirit to do dat for you, within u, u knw wu U like.
3. Approach her, to share ur feelings with her. Get her consent. See is she is attracted to u too.
4. Meet ur pastor concerning her, and take advice too from him cos he is more experienced.
5. Meet her parents and inform them seeking advice too from ur own parent.
6. Proceed with the marriage.

It takes short tym to let all dose get done... Instead of trying to sin in d name of dating for 2 years claiming to wanting to knw more of her.....
I put this logical question to any one...
If after 2 years u knw her as u claim, what next? Has it change anytin? Have u now known everytin? Will u stop knowing her? What is the different if u had married her just after two months wen u propose to her?

If a lady is here she shud tank me.
Marry after 1-2 months or marrying after 2 years?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 8:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
2buff: At this point, I am just of the very firm opinion that the people who are saying all these things on this thread like Udeme and co are just angry because they lack what it takes to get a girlfriend or boyfriend. cool

Hence trying to create an "It's cool to be inadequate" culture and trying to hide behind God instead of working on their problems.
God is a God of excellence in all things. He doesn't like it if you try to use his word to justify mediocrity and laziness. It brings Him no glory, but instead brings mockery.

He does not like being mocked...so most of you here don't know it, but in your bid to sound holy (due to your inability to triumph in your romantic life), you are actually sinning. grin

Best to just SHATTAP and quietly pray that God HELPS you to become adequate and stop offending him. kiss

lemme share my stroy with u...
While in the world as a carnal man then, i was a promiscuous being, my last date lasted for about a year. Not until the spirit of God punched my heart tru his word, i was weak. I can bet u d last thing i ever wanted was to break up with loveth...

But ryt after i av took 10 years of my life to c wia i was going... I decided to take d most hardest decision i av ever taken... ''If i walk in d spirit i won't walk in mistake'' was d assurance 4rm d spirit.. And i broke up with her... I came to realise dat decision was 4 d gud of d both of us....
If i had kept on dating her....
1. I wud b distracted.
2. Obviously i am not goin to get married in d next 5 years dis appiies to many guys datin presently... So i wud b wasting her tym.
3. There are some experience, knowledge she wud need dat i wud b a distraction to her despite her love for me.
4. I wudnt b able to walk by the spirit.

The ryt decisions are d hardest, most uncovenient and painful u wud ever make but on d long run u wud later appreciate d fact u took such decision.

Make a wise choice with ur life

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
OnyeEgo1:
2. [size=28pt]Obviously i am not goin to get married in d next 5 years[/size]....

Simple thing wey you for talk since make we for hear word.
You be smally and You simply never reach that level.
That is all I was interested in finding out.

And as to your

If a lady is here she shud tank me.
Marry after 1-2 months or marrying after 2 years?

Obviously you have such a low opinion of women.
Your kind of women are the desperados who would marry just about anyone in a split second. Including someone who insists that every one must put "prophet" in front of his name seeing as he is so dependent on their validation of his self-proclaimed title.
Better yet, why not just marry her under 3 weeks and be done with it? undecided

Having now understood your mindset , I'm really not interested in anything else you have to say concerning the topic.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Niteezy: 11:37am On Sep 17, 2014
ibietela2:

Hahahaha hahahahaha, then divorce later like your pastors?
Dis is something d wise only wud understand grin

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
SenatorJames: God bless you for this. Lets keep on propagating the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ.
amen. I pray He gives us the grace. Ure an S.U right?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by SenatorJames(m): 9:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
2buff:

However, don't try rto impose it on others, otherwise you risk sounding overly self-righteousness.

I get your point 2buff, the issue is that courtship is the right word to be used for a godly relationship, even though boyfriend/girlfriend may not engage in sexual sin, the term is wrong to be use as a christian. You can check the dictionary meaning of boy/girlfriend.

Good night, how has been your day friend?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by agangadiman(m): 10:44am On Sep 19, 2014
Joythah: i also challenge you to show me where the bible says courtship is wrong? If you want to marry from the blue feel free but don't make it a doctrine/standard for all believers

maybe your pastor has brainwashed you into thinking that the bible can be cherry picked into making it what YOU want to beleive. but there is no dating in the bible. PERIOD. so why preach about it in the church?

however men, like women who are unmarried are entrusted in the bible to treat each other in love.. as paul mentions to Timothy. Howveer it was clear that this had nothing to do with dating.

there is no dating in the bible and there should be no dating in the church as its not scriptural.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by EriboEghosa(m): 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

sir? There is just OnE book u are allowed to read for understanding correction THE BIBLE.. 2tim 3:16.. Hence its not there in dat book, no book den can justify it
sure. That book i recommended was written by a pst with d knowledge of d holy bible on God's requirement from a relationship.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
EriboEghosa: sure. That book i recommended was written by a pst with d knowledge of d holy bible on God's requirement from a relationship.

how scriptural inspired is d book?
Provide a bible chapter dat accentuate the book points and clearly point to an instruction and not a story 4rm the bible in dat book.
THanks
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ngona(f): 3:17pm On Nov 24, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

its very hard for young christians to accept the fact that there bodies are living sacrifice rom 12:1-2, so dey gv d devil chance to tempt howbeit there is no new temp nor sin...
Shebi u no no say the Holy Spirit is a personality? If u have a relationship with God u won't ask that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

7 Biblical/ Wisdom Ways To Avoiding "RAPE" At All Cost In A Filthy World / Man Shares Photos Of Goat, Fowl For His Sacrifice And Was Criticized / See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.