Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship (29916 Views)

7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women / Seven Things To Expect In A Real Godly Relationship / Why Is Christian Dating So Difficult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 9:18am On Sep 09, 2014
Joythah: no my friend... Tis you and your heretical teachings that are HELPLESS. Stating that Joseph was already married to Mary shows a complete ignorance about scripture. Why are u Twisting scriptures to prove a non existent point

ur point from the bible sir!
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by kannymoore(m): 9:32am On Sep 09, 2014
ProphetUdeme: An again here comes some self acclaimed pastors who go about brainwashing their followers. Chai i feel sorry for some blind christians who obey their pastors more than the bible..
I see some heretics who preach that a child of God can go ahead and have a love relationship and he or she can go ahead and have boyrfriends and girlfriends.. That thier love partners must be a christian and they should abstain from sex but can go ahead and be emotional and even a kiss is not harmful.. Its is a christian dating that is acceptable to God...
My brethren let me tell u.. Satan the devil moves around seeking whom to devour...
If ure a child of God repent from such evil relationship.. Cast away all those emotional demons out of ur mind. Ur body is a holy temple wer the Holy Ghost of God dwells.
There is nothing like christian dating.. Repent from boyfriend and girlfriend things and break off such relationship or else it will lead u to hell.
U might say '' well she is my girlfriend but i promise i wont lust after her not defile her but there is no how u see her u will become weak and before u know it. U will fall into temptation.. There is nothing like christian boyfriend or godly girlfriend.. Break off such things and be set free for in such relationship is wer lust dwells.
If ure grown up and u see a girl u will love to marry then pray to God abt it if its The Father's will then propose to her as a fiancee dont visit her room yet unless u fall prey but be distance wit her and wen its time God says marry her then u will marry her...
Hebrews 13 vs 4 - MARRIAGE IS HONOURABLE IN ALL AND THE BED UNDEFILED BUT WHOREMONGERS AND ADULTERERS GOD SHALL JUDGE.
he that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the people

Sigh...

Someone should please tell me what the whole essence of the Book of Songs Of Solomon was.

What was he doing really? Just singing alone to himself in the bathroom. Abi?

Sigh...

I'm tired. For real.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Joythah(m): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

alright sir... Read this scriptures accordingly and i'd prefer you use NLT. Matt 1 vs 18, LUKE 2 vs 5, Matt 1 vs 24 -25, Matt 1 vs 20.
In jewish Law, bethrothal is considered a contract to be married. It cannot be reversed except on grounds of infidelity and the guilty party will be stoned to death. That was why Joseph was reluctant to leave her publicly. He struggled on how to leave her without exposing her to death; that was why the angel had to appear to him. The bible says in matt 1 vs 24 that he immediately married her after the angel left.
Similarly in modern law Of contracts (marriage), if you are engaged to a girl and call off the engagement suddenly, the girl can sue you to court. All she has to do is to provide proof(witnesses, pics etc) that u were engaged to each other and the guy will be toast in court. He will be made to keep his contract or asked to settle with the girl amicably/pay damages. Few people know this and even those that do hardly take up the option simply because it serves no purpose being with someone who dosen't value you/ the cost of litigation is very high as the case can drag on for months.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 9:52am On Sep 09, 2014
SAVEDBABA: how can u say someone lack Holy spirit are u God
how can he say sme1 shld reason wt d holyspirit is He God?was i reasoning wt d evil spirit?If yes den he lacks one
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 10:16am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

so since Jesus did not condemn the woman i guess u trying to say dat all men shud commit adultery and ofcus JESUS wud not condemn u ryt?? Do u go on sinning because dia is grace??
u wil b among dem if it ws in ur tym,dts mypoint
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by VivaLaFrans: 10:30am On Sep 09, 2014
Vikky014: U R VERY SICK!I HAV NT EVEN KISSED B4 NT TO TALK OF SEX BT I cant stone a lady to death cos of dat i hav myown rules!am 23yrs old mind you i hv so many opportunities to kiss but i flee like joseph AM nt a pharisee like you peopl i prefer being d tax collector(luke18:9-14) i hv to reveal myslf bc of ur post JESUS CAME TO SAVE SINNERS NT CONDEMN DEM
Who is condemning anyone here? Jesus came to save sinners and not to condemn abi? Shut your mouth... Who condemned you. You're being stripped of your unclothedness by Mr Poster of this topic. Polite words will never change you. You need bitter words that will pierce your heart. You don't want to be condemned so that your ways remain right to you. You better change your ways.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 10:39am On Sep 09, 2014
VivaLaFrans: Who is condemning anyone here? Jesus came to save sinners and not to condemn abi? Shut your mouth... Who condemned you. You're being stripped of your unclothedness by Mr Poster of this topic. Polite words will never change you. You need bitter words that will pierce your heart. You don't want to be condemned so that your ways remain right to you. You better change your ways.
as i said before Mary was engaged to be married she ws not married wt joseph yet bfore the good news i dnt need ur polite or harsh words to change my bible is a two edged sword dt is doing dat daily for me AM dating & havnt kissed nt to tlk of sex bt dt wunt take me to hell or heaven (u condemned me by tagging me a non virgin mtcheeew)
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 10:41am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

mydear pls tell him
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by VivaLaFrans: 10:54am On Sep 09, 2014
Vikky014: as i said before Mary was engaged to be married she ws not married wt joseph yet bfore the good news i dnt need ur polite or harsh words to change my bible is a two edged sword dt is doing dat daily for me AM dating & havnt kissed nt to tlk of sex bt dt wunt take me to hell or heaven (u condemned me by tagging me a non virgin mtcheeew)
What were you trying to prove when you came up with the story of Mary being pregnant before marriage. How does that warrant you to chop life before marriage. Whats the essence of that story you came up with?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 11:51am On Sep 09, 2014
VivaLaFrans: What were you trying to prove when you came up with the story of Mary being pregnant before marriage. How does that warrant you to chop life before marriage. Whats the essence of that story you came up with?
mydear i ws actually trying to tell onyeego dat mary was engaged to marry dey were nt living together as he said (i dnt advocate for sex bfore marriage neither do i condemn peopl dt are nt on dsame page wt me)my roomate once told me dat had it been she met me in her yr1 she would hv rmained a virgin till marriage so i try to leave by both words and example
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by benzi: 12:11pm On Sep 09, 2014
How do you wake up one morning and walk up to a girl and say you want to marry her in this era? OP you don marry? Abi you nor date your wife?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
ibietela2:

Your nairaland pastor already assured you of a Man, enjoy it.
He needs not assure me of a man before i know that God has great plans and provisions for His children.

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
ibietela2:

And then they divorce later? You guys keep twisting the Bible to favour your trash..... How can you see a Church sister today and the next thing is marriage? Really? Foools like the id!ot who started this thread are the people giving Christianity bad name. Who knows what life he lives offline?
The problem with carnally minded people is that they walk in the flesh, by sight and are ignorant of God's ways. Even those who dated for many years before marriage, don't some divorce after then?
I place my future relationships(including marriage)in the hands of God. It's none of your business. Speak no more about it.

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Ebonycrystal(f): 12:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
Well my opinion is that a relationship isn't about sex its about getting to know each other, the both of you have to have d same believe and standard about sex bfor such relationships can work, fornication is a sin and we all know that doesn't mean we shldnt go into relationships because of that, thats why God has given us self control and the holy spirit to lead us, draw the limits and set your standards and you won't fall into temptation even if u are in a relationship.... And please you don't have to come here and condemn people or insult people in order to get your point accross you should be greatful for the grace you have so if u have to preach about fornication do it without judging and condemning because its only on the last day we wld know those that will go to heaven or hell so we should all jst trust in God to give us the grace to finish the race.

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by redsun(m): 1:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
Do Christian ever engage in MouthAction and other wild sexual activities that sparks up relationships? How on earth do they have fun when their personal lives,mentality and emotions are strictly govern by some ancient dogmas that originated from foreign cultures? Are there relationship just to have babies they continuously pray to Jesus to fend for?

Some people are really missing out in life as a result of close mindedness. It is sad.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Orunto: 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2014
God created Adam and Eve as partners not as husband and wife. Husband and wife are English language introduced to make their relationship more sacred. God told Adam and Eve specifically NOT TO TOUCH THE FRUITS(apple, oranges, pawpaw, bananas etc) at the centre of their garden. Satan came to Eve and touched the fruit at the centre of Eve's Garden. Eve was excited, raped and ravished seriously. She went straight to Adam, grabbed the bananalike fruit at his centre and got his head spinning. God made these things(fruits) for humans, but must not be touched until He authourises and approves their uses. So my friends, you can have dates but don't touch yourselves in manner of fornications, sodomy, gomarians, adultery etc. Sex is meant to produce children of God like Abel and Jesus and not satanic ones like Cain, Judas etc. I hope that you have somehow got the point. God bless U!
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Joythah(m): 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
Orunto: God created Adam and Eve as partners not as husband and wife. Husband and wife are English language introduced to make their relationship more sacred. God told Adam and Eve specifically NOT TO TOUCH THE FRUITS(apple, oranges, pawpaw, bananas etc) at the centre of their garden. Satan came to Eve and touched the fruit at the centre of Eve's Garden. Eve was excited, raped and ravished seriously. She went straight to Adam, grabbed the bananalike fruit at his centre and got his head spinning. God made these things(fruits) for humans, but must not be touched until He authourises and approves their uses. So my friends, you can have dates but don't touch yourselves in manner of fornications, sodomy, gomarians, adultery etc. Sex is meant to produce children of God like Abel and Jesus and not satanic ones like Cain, Judas etc. I hope that you have somehow got the point. God bless U!
wrong premise though! Stop twisting scriptures

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by agangadiman(m): 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
There should be no such thing as dating in a christian relationship. show me who in the bible...'dated'?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

i am currently switching off my image dats why i can't view the image u knw na saving data things..... U are the one who wanna twart the truth.... When the bible was originally written grammar av not developed... Try reading a shakespearan english of the early days..... Espouse means Marry in old english.... Take it or leave it and don't date o lols
Onye Ego, the fact is when Mary found out that she was pregnant, she was espoused(bethroted, engaged to) not married to Joseph. If it were nowadays, we'd say that they were in courtship.
Personally i believe a godly lady is may have males as friends but should restrict the level of friendship with guys and discipline herself. She should watch her conversation, her affection, body language etc
In short, righteousness and discipline is the key.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
At times, i wonder why people ask this ridiculous question "Are you a virgin?". What is it to you? Virginity or not, it is SALVATION that counts. Though, maintaining physical purity before marriage is very good, SALVATION is the BEST, because it does not just count for time, but also for ETERNITY.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by spanzed(m): 3:29pm On Sep 09, 2014
Chi59: At times, i wonder why people ask this ridiculous question "Are you a virgin?". What is it to you? Virginity or not, it is SALVATION that counts. Though, maintaining physical purity before marriage is very good, SALVATION is the BEST, because it does not just count for time, but also for ETERNITY.
Chop knuckle..

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Joythah(m): 4:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
agangadiman: There should be no such thing as dating in a christian relationship.
show me who in the bible...'dated'?

i also challenge you to show me where the bible says courtship is wrong? If you want to marry from the blue feel free but don't make it a doctrine/standard for all believers
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by defendedvictim(m): 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
Chi59: Feeling guilty...although i've never dated. May God help me to avoid guys. Amen.
avoid guys?
Oya op, see Wetin u cause

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by defendedvictim(m): 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
Joythah: Purity in Relationships is a beautiful thing. I am indeed blessed to be in one....
But Op, proposing to a sister, keeping your distance and coming back to marry her is the foundation of a bad marriage. It leads faster to hell fire than any known sin to man.
thank u! 1000likes
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 4:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
Chi59:
Onye Ego, the fact is when Mary found out that she was pregnant, she was espoused(bethroted, engaged to) not married to Joseph. If it were nowadays, we'd say that they were in courtship.
Personally i believe a godly lady is may have males as friends but should restrict the level of friendship with guys and discipline herself. She should watch her conversation, her affection, body language etc
In short, righteousness and discipline is the key.

go ahead and search for the word ESPOUSE in d dictionary, don't help God in rewriting his word... Dating and courting can't be justified period...
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by GoodBoi1(m): 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
Joythah: i also challenge you to show me where the bible says courtship is wrong? If you want to marry from the blue feel free but don't make it a doctrine/standard for all believers
Exactly. For Onyeego1, chi59 and the likes
"It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin." (Romans 14:21-23).
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by asalimpo(m): 5:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
If people dont date how will they know what they like in d opposite sex and how will they marry?
God provides . Man possesses.
Do people sit at home and pray for a job?
No! They go searching for one?
Along the way God hooks them up.
Do farmers ask God to plant seeds for them? They go to the farm,dig and pray for harvest.
So how about a life partner? You work on urself to look attractive ,
tell ur friends too help you hook up, work on your rough edges ,polish yourself - mentally and so on. Then, try connect with options, God will do the rest. You'll eventually find som1 tht resonates with you - then you'll know this is him/her.
Personally, me think Christians ar a stiff bunch, holy holy, on the other extreme you hav d loose bunch . Ok, no sex,f.oreplay, bf marraige but they can b romance.
I mean, romantic expression - poems,flowers,gifts,love wrds!
This is actually what som ladies want - not (or besides) a b.ig d*ck slamming into them (bf time) : ) -
* in a pastor's voice* "It is well".
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by godchildjayboy(m): 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
God have mercy on us..
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by MrTeymee(m): 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
I actually beg to differ..
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Fourwinds: 7:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
imagine children wen dey some houses wen no be d man hand work.!! chai .! dere is God oooo. control ur linpoopoo and gina.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by emmyskies(m): 7:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
Osahon7: Oh its even from a video clip that you got this info from?? Please read your bible and pray for Understanding from the holy Ghost
You can hear the word from many places, testimony, online reading, tv preaching, satelitte, christian books etc
What matters is, is it in line with the word of GOD? The following verses proves that christian shouldn't involve themselves in a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship. This not gotten from video clip or whatever you call it:

Eph 4:27
Matt 5:28
1st Cor 6:9
Romans 12:2
James 4:4
Lev 18:3
1st John 2:16
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by emmyskies(m): 7:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
ibietela2:

Those public toilets are sometimes better than you most half baked, brainwashed, Bible twisting niggas......
That's what you think. But are tares not sown among the good seed by the evil ones? Don't worry, when the Son of Man comes, we will know who is who, He shall seperate the sheep from the goat, then we will know who laughs last, public toilets or the chaste

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Akulga Widows Pray For PDP Candidates In Rivers Over Assembly Rerun / Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy / Saying Hello Is A Sin - Mummy G.O, Funmi Adebayo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.