Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,537 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship (29912 Views)

7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women / Seven Things To Expect In A Real Godly Relationship / Why Is Christian Dating So Difficult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 11:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
dayosaurus:

Have you ever stopped to use your brain for once?, anybody can wake up one day 50 years after Jesús' death n day he is under the influence' and write a thought provoking fictional piece. Think! The space between your ears is meant to be used.

hello mr dayo u are not suppose to accept this fact since u are carnally minded it is foolishness to u read 1cor 1:21-25
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by GRAND30(m): 12:02am On Sep 09, 2014
2buff:

Shey you get? undecided
The spirit behind what he is saying is all wrong because HIS spirit is all wrong.
At the end of the day, it is not about the venacular, nor about the vocabulary...but the spirit.

Yeah brother. His tone is charaterised by self-righteousness and condemnation. I was once like him until I began to spend more time with struggling young people in church.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

sincerely answer me this sane question: when u marry ur new wife which u havent had sex with for once and along the line u found out that she is pregnant what will u do??

What is your point?
You made an error-laden remark that Mary was already married. I corrected you.
What are you still getting at?

Go and read your bible properly to verify what I have told you...or succumb to pride and feel you don't need to read your bible.
Either way, e no concern me going forward.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 12:16am On Sep 09, 2014
2buff:

What is your point?
You made an error-laden remark that Mary was already married. I corrected you.
What are you still getting at?

Go and read your bible properly to verify what I have told you...or succumb to pride and feel you don't need to read your bible.
Either way, e no concern me going forward.

now get the proper understand of dat which u find hard to accept. It was a natural tin for joseph to be angry and to deny mary cos he was not the one responsible for the pregnancy hence it took the angel of the lord to come by himself to announce to joseph dat indeed the child in the womb of mary was from GOD and he should go AHEAD AnD KEEP HER as his wife (marriage) after joseph was a man made of flesh, blood and can be suspicious and jealous at the same tym...

Read dis Bible with understanding o!
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

now get the proper understand of dat which u find hard to accept. It was a natural tin for joseph to be angry and to deny mary cos he was not the one responsible for the pregnancy hence it took the angel of the lord to come by himself to announce to joseph dat indeed the child in the womb of mary was from GOD and he should go AHEAD AnD KEEP HER as his wife (marriage) after joseph was a man made of flesh, blood and can be suspicious and jealous at the same tym...

Read dis Bible with understanding o!

My argumentative son, here is your assignment.
Go and READ YOUR BIBLE, all versions of it, and when you find anywhere in that bible where the angel used the word "KEEP HER AS YOUR WIFE"....particularly the word "KEEP"....bring that verse and that bible version here.

Otherwise, you have no point.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 12:33am On Sep 09, 2014
For clear understanding of the marital status of joseph and mary so it wont be an excuse for DATING HENCE: Now picture this scenerio>>>> A couple(joseph and mary) got married(espoused) somewhere along the line a messenger(angel gabriel) came to deliver a message that the oga at the top is to come into flesh tru her womb to die for the sins of man for no reason, hmmm... She agreed and it happened... The husband who had no prior sex with her as par making baby things learnt dat his sweet hearth is pregnant, my guy if na u, talk truth u go believe?, u go happy? U no doubt am? Shey u no go want divorce am?... So it have to take the angel of God to come back and announce to Joseph specially partaining the pregnancy dat bros eh 'its by the Holy spirit o and that he should go back and continue the marriage with her, now if na u wey angel don come meet u go doubt again??

If i have painstakingly explain to u what transpired in that scripture and you are yet to renew ur mind to the fact that there is no section of the scripture dat validates dating and courtesy... Then concerning the things of God u av a big problem with believing. U just want sin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 12:35am On Sep 09, 2014
2buff:

Go and READ YOUR BIBLE, all versions of it, and when you find anywhere in that bible where the angel used the word "KEEP HER AS YOUR WIFE"....particularly the word "KEEP"....bring that verse and that bible version here.

I am not arguing with u.. I am TEACHING u what u don't knw..
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by redsun(m): 1:20am On Sep 09, 2014
A Christian woman that is lucky,adventurous and patient enough to get close to a fun loving and a fortified free thinker could easily find salvation and the emancipation that she is been searching for laboriously worshipping pastors and living in fear of the unknown.

It us so east,yet so difficult.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 1:34am On Sep 09, 2014
emmyskies:
On the contrary my friend, that's how she will avoid guys and get blessed with a guy that avoid girls too. If we being wicked knows how to give good things to our children, how much more our Father give to His children good things.

Guys get married to public toilets and have no shame nor remorse neither do they feel guilty coz they too are public toilets. Both parties don't feel guilty because they belong to their father, the devil
True, bro. You just typed what's in my heart. God cannot give His children to unbelievers to marry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ibietela2(m): 5:08am On Sep 09, 2014
emmyskies:
On the contrary my friend, that's how she will avoid guys and get blessed with a guy that avoid girls too. If we being wicked knows how to give good things to our children, how much more our Father give to His children good things.

Guys get married to public toilets and have no shame nor remorse neither do they feel guilty coz they too are public toilets. Both parties don't feel guilty because they belong to their father, the devil

Keep your brain washing to yourself, why are pastors keep getting remarried?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ibietela2(m): 5:13am On Sep 09, 2014
Chi59:
True, bro. You just typed what's in my heart. God cannot give His children to unbelievers to marry.

And then they divorce later? You guys keep twisting the Bible to favour your trash..... How can you see a Church sister today and the next thing is marriage? Really? Foools like the id!ot who started this thread are the people giving Christianity bad name. Who knows what life he lives offline?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ibietela2(m): 5:20am On Sep 09, 2014
emmyskies:

Those public toilets are sometimes better than you most half baked, brainwashed, Bible twisting niggas......
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ibietela2(m): 5:26am On Sep 09, 2014
GoodBoi1: smh... I don't even understand the topic. OP what are you driving at? Are you saying courting is sin?

I think so..... You should go straight to marriage once you saw a sister.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ibietela2(m): 5:29am On Sep 09, 2014
Chi59:
Hahaha

Your nairaland pastor already assured you of a Man, enjoy it.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ibietela2(m): 5:33am On Sep 09, 2014
2buff: To each their own.

No sex yes, but everything else is up to the couple. Everyone has a different threshold of these things before it is sin to them. Some higher than others.
If you feel simply LOOKING at your bf/gf will cause you to have sex with them (talkless of hugging them) then YOU have a problem and you need to work on your self control.

There is nothing wrong in giving my baby a peck, or a kiss on her fore-head.

To the pure, all things are pure.
I am wary of people who come with all these assorted condemnations. Experience has affirmed to me that it just usually means they are trying to run away from themselves for what they do in the dark when no one is looking...

....like the father who was/is a player/cheat but who locks his own daughter in the house because they are afraid their own sins will find them out through their children.

Thanks for this, don't mind this dude. Who knows what he does offline?

Am outta here
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 6:15am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

matthew 1:18... Joseph was espoused to mary: ESPOUSE is a greek word which means MARRY check ur english dictionary, before they came together: which means SEX.. NOTE that Joseph did not av sex with mary befor SHE Was Pregnant of the lord, for she was found with the child holy ghost...

When u read the scripture READ with UNDERSTANDING!... Joseph and mary where MARRIED... Jesus was not born out of wedlock StOP bending the rules CHRISTIANS
so u mean dey were living together already yet she ws a virgin?which rules?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by dayosaurus(m): 6:21am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

how simple is '2+2'?? If i say ''4''would u doubt it??

Depends on the context bro, [size=15pt]2+2=[/size]113

I can't just believe what I was told without fact.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Clefcentfelix(m): 6:33am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

matthew 1:18... Joseph was espoused to mary: ESPOUSE is a greek word which means MARRY check ur english dictionary, before they came together: which means SEX.. NOTE that Joseph did not av sex with mary befor SHE Was Pregnant of the lord, for she was found with the child holy ghost...

When u read the scripture READ with UNDERSTANDING!... Joseph and mary where MARRIED... Jesus was not born out of wedlock StOP bending the rules CHRISTIANS

haba! this is gross mischief! how will you say espouse is to marry bros? ok let's follow your English definition, in that case, that verse would mean : mary was married to marry? nah stop that!
the original greek word for espouse is mnēsteuō

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 09, 2014
Clefcentfelix:

haba! this is gross mischief! how will you say espouse is to marry bros? ok let's follow your English definition, in that case, that verse would mean : mary was married to marry? nah stop that!

Pay him no mind.
Dem send am message to waste people time for here.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 6:43am On Sep 09, 2014
Clefcentfelix:

check ur dictionary for meaning of word before u quote me.. Espouse in archaic english is called marry.. Oya open ur dictionary
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 6:45am On Sep 09, 2014
dayosaurus:

Depends on the context bro, [size=15pt]2+2=[/size]113

I can't just believe what I was told without fact.

when u are doing general mathematics in waec next year pls put 2+2=113 and also write ''it depends on the context'' ur mind is hard u dont av any hope bro in LEARNING God's word

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 6:47am On Sep 09, 2014
Clefcentfelix:

then tell me whats d original meaning of ur purpoted greek word??
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 6:53am On Sep 09, 2014
Vikky014: so u mean dey were living together already yet she ws a virgin?which rules?

why let ur carnal mind rule u? Can't u get married and plan when and when to have sex? Did the bible specified the duration of their marriage before the holy spirit conceived mary? Just as the bible was silent abt jesus life till he got to 12 years old....

Pls let us respect God's word jare...
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 6:57am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

why let ur carnal mind rule u? Can't u get married and plan when and when to have sex? Did the bible specified the duration of their marriage before the holy spirit conceived mary? Just as the bible was silent abt jesus life till he got to 12 years old....

Pls let us respect God's word jare...
answer my question were dey living together as husband and wife?if yes how come joseph ws planning to leave her silently instead of divorce?dnt b shallow minded answer my question

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Clefcentfelix(m): 6:57am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

check ur dictionary for meaning of word before u quote me.. Espouse in archaic english is called marry.. Oya open ur dictionary
did your device fail to load the picture I attached? you are guilty of the same thing you accused people of - laziness! flippant and lackadaisical attitude towards handling the word of truth! the new testament was not written in ur 'archaic english ' and that's why I attached the thayler definition of the original greek word for you! if you had the faintest idea of hermeneutics, you would be ashamed already of the mess u have been making with the word of truth on this thread!

2 Timothy 2:15 AMP
Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 7:01am On Sep 09, 2014
2buff:

mydear leave dat onyeego he is a pharisee
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 7:03am On Sep 09, 2014
Clefcentfelix:
did your device fail to load the picture I attached? you are guilty of the same thing you accused people of - laziness! flippant and lackadaisical attitude towards handling the word of truth! the new testament was not written in ur 'archaic english ' and that's why I attached the thayler definition of the original greek word for you! if you had the faintest idea of hermeneutics, you would be ashamed already of the mess u have been making with the word of truth on this thread!

Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.
1000 likes
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 7:05am On Sep 09, 2014
Clefcentfelix:

i am currently switching off my image dats why i can't view the image u knw na saving data things..... U are the one who wanna twart the truth.... When the bible was originally written grammar av not developed... Try reading a shakespearan english of the early days..... Espouse means Marry in old english.... Take it or leave it and don't date o lols
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Christmygoal(m): 7:09am On Sep 09, 2014
The Bible says "he who findeth a wife(Not girlfriend) findeth a good thing and obtain favour from the lord" Prov 18:22. Marriage should be d bedrock or condition for any man to enter into any emotional relationship with a woman(not girl). It should be honourable and undefile(Heb 13:4)........if one is careful about his/her spiritual life, boy friend/girl friend relationship should not be entertained...............the bible is critical about love only when built on Christ. Girls should be treated as sister and older women as mothers, they aren't sex-properties!(1Tim 5:2)...May God help us in Jesus name
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Clefcentfelix(m): 7:09am On Sep 09, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

i am currently switching off my image dats why i can't view the image u knw na saving data things..... U are the one who wanna twart the truth.... When the bible was originally written grammar av not developed... Try reading a shakespearan english of the early days..... Espouse means Marry in old english.... Take it or leave it and don't date o lols
I give up!
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 7:10am On Sep 09, 2014
Vikky014: answer my question were dey living together as husband and wife?if yes how come joseph ws planning to leave her silently instead of divorce?dnt b shallow minded answer my question

ofcourse they were living 2geda, he was plan to leave her not to make it public, he was still in doubt.... What is the different between leaving silently and divorce??

P.s--- My pple OnyeEgo cannot RENEW ur mind o just pray the holy spirit to gv u understanding
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 7:13am On Sep 09, 2014
onyeego so u want to tell me dat dating means having sex?according to ur greek dictionary bt espouse means married wtout having sex according to ur greek dictionary,well one word for you YOU ARE A PHARISEE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Apostle Little-David Foc: ‘Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Election’ / Akulga Widows Pray For PDP Candidates In Rivers Over Assembly Rerun / Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.