Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

The Forte - Dating And Meet-up Zone (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / The Forte (16070 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Forte by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 06, 2014
temigracie: ...lol...am fyn...how are you doing too??

Am good, I just need to face my fears
Re: The Forte by Dygeasy(m): 11:04am On Sep 06, 2014
What's happening here?
Re: The Forte by UjSizzle(f): 11:06am On Sep 06, 2014
teeo:

Lol. It's more like a recoil mechanism. The fears can be dealt with personal and more like a propelling force to understand other situations better.
We could discuss this over chicken and ice-cream
Isn't that introspective? Looking within to make sense of your fears and actions?
But here's the problem with depending on introspection: you most often than not give reasons to justify the presence of your actions that may or may not be adequate.

The advantage of talking things through with a second party is they open you up to diverse point of views. Your self-preservative action may in truth be selfish. Your supposed selfish action may actually just be self-preservative due to circumstances.
This is why people seek professional help from psychologists or choose to talk to strangers.

Better answers flow when your mind isn't playing advocate, jury and executioner for you smiley

I'd love to further discuss this over chicken(maybe) and ice cream. You set the date.
Re: The Forte by UjSizzle(f): 11:06am On Sep 06, 2014
Dygeasy: What's happening here?
Hi. Read the OP.
Re: The Forte by Tymax(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2014
temigracie: ...lol...You know now...

Dear, I need you to do something for me ooo
Hello? Hello dear? ... The line is breaking... I can't hear you... You what? Call me later.
[Hangs up] grin
Re: The Forte by Dygeasy(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2014
UjSizzle:
Hi. Read the OP.
Hello Uju. How have you been?

Doing that.
Re: The Forte by UjSizzle(f): 11:11am On Sep 06, 2014
Dygeasy: Hello Uju. How have you been?

Doing that.
I've been good. Thank you smiley
Trust you had a great week.
Re: The Forte by Dygeasy(m): 11:14am On Sep 06, 2014
UjSizzle:
I've been good. Thank you smiley
Trust you had a great week.
Yeah Yeah. Fairly okay week. Your weekend is going fine I hope. smiley
Re: The Forte by dre11(m): 11:15am On Sep 06, 2014
Was trying to see if i could make some contribution to the earlier poser.....

But I can see that its being turned to a chat longue

I hope the OP won't blame me if I did follow suit.
Re: The Forte by UjSizzle(f): 11:17am On Sep 06, 2014
Dygeasy: Yeah Yeah. Fairly okay week. Your weekend is going fine I hope. smiley
It is smiley

@your siggy.
Mind explaining? Does a person need to be 'great' before practicing humility?
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2014
Tymax:
Hello? Hello dear? ... The line is breaking... I can't hear you... You what? Call me later.
[Hangs up] grin
....lol...funny guy...

Lying on the network...

..I know how to catch you sha....
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 06, 2014
teeo:

Am good, I just need to face my fears
..okay, sir..

What fears??
Re: The Forte by Dygeasy(m): 11:25am On Sep 06, 2014
UjSizzle:
It is smiley

@your siggy.
Mind explaining? Does a person need to be 'great' before practicing humility?
I almost changed it yesterday even smiley.

One doesn't need to be 'great' but 'great' people are usually expected to be humble. And most not so great people are usually humble for the sake of being humble. The humility being displayed is rather pretentious.

The true test of humility is when you're great and can keep up with it. I MADE THAT UP. cheesy

I'm not against humility. I'm humble myself to an extent. I don't go out of my way pleasing people so I can be called humble.
Re: The Forte by Dygeasy(m): 11:27am On Sep 06, 2014
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 06, 2014
temigracie: ..okay, sir..

What fears??

Emotional undecided
Re: The Forte by Tymax(m): 11:42am On Sep 06, 2014
temigracie: ....lol...funny guy...

Lying on the network...

..I know how to catch you sha....
wink smiley

1 Like

Re: The Forte by Kunleskey(m): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
The beggining of dis tread was so interesting...y are u pple turning to anoda fin anyway ...mizmycoli.. more greese to ur elbow and more ink to ur pen.
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
UjSizzle: MizMyColi, nice thread. I like how your mind works, and your diary.

Teeo do you have to be a bloody flirt all the time? undecided
Our last discussion at the movies was really helpful. Sometimes talking about nothing provides answers to questions you haven't even asked yourself.

I feel really honored Ma'am

I mean!
Coming from a veteran?
Thank you smiley
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
Tallesty1: lolest.

It depends on the nature of his business.
Hehehehe

Okay o o

If u say so.
smiley
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
temigracie: ...lol...Tanks alot sweets...

Good morning...how was ur nyt??..How's the weekend going??
Dada ni o jare cool ti eh nko?
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
HaHa - Soon you'd be creating ten more threads like this Miz - My - Co - Li. cheesy

How was your day, your week and your health?
I hope everything is peeeerfect!
Seriously, I had no idea I was missing the very best kisses. embarassed Biko, I need three now. grin
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
Kunleskey: The beggining of dis tread was so interesting...y are u pple turning to anoda fin anyway ...mizmycoli.. more greese to ur elbow and more ink to ur pen.
Thanks Deariee.

I actually expected some noise.

I mean, its only normal that when you get into a gathering where there are familiar places, you'll exchange pleasantries before delving into serious business.

That said, I think it's now in order to call every section of TheForte to order.
Let there be peace, serenity, a not too serious air and the feel of "Welcome".

As much as we can, we don't want anyone feeling uncomfy to post/contribute.

Thank you friends, for understandingwink
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
Ceasar1: HaHa - Soon you'd be creating ten more threads like this Miz - My - Co - Li. cheesy

How was your day, your week and your health?
I hope everything is peeeerfect!
Seriously, I had no idea I was missing the very best kisses. embarassed Biko, I need three now. grin
LoL....I hope I don't have to create another. cheesy cheesy I really hope not to.

Yea Hun
kiss
I had to go retrieve em from FG section
kiss
Hope you having a great day?
kiss

Welcome smiley
What d'ya have for us?

1 Like

Re: The Forte by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
MizMyColi:
Yea Hun
kiss
I had to go retrieve em from FG section
kiss
Hope you having a great day?
kiss

Welcome smiley
What d'ya have for us?

Thank you so much. kiss

Lol, I've got nothing.

Have I told you your Diary isn't depressing at all? cheesy
It makes soooooo much sense. Your writing prowess, definitely from another planet! Muaaah! kiss

I Love your Brain, I really do. embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
Ceasar1:

Thank you so much. kiss

Lol, I've got nothing.

Have I told you your Diary isn't depressing at all? cheesy
It makes soooooo much sense. Your writing prowess, definitely from another planet! Muaaah! kiss

I Love your Brain, I really do. embarassed

Kkay. Soon maybe?

LoL @Diary cheesy
Thank You Ceasar........
Not to sound too humble though, but I still consider myself a learner grin
Re: The Forte by dre11(m): 3:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
She did reply out of her tight scheduled....

Good to know that

Just read through ur yesterday experience
... Gats nothing to say but its good ure ok
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
@Goofyone.......

Talking about my interests....

I have a natural inclination towards techy gadgets and services......talk of PCs, Phones, and the internet. I prefer being a netizen to being a citizen.

I enjoy talks on spiritual enlightment.

I listen to music......no genre in particular.
Lately, I tend towards secular than gospel music.

I'm a random reader..........I like unlearning and learning new stuffs.

I'm naturally a contemplative being.......

I genuinely enjoy people, I like solving their problems too.
Though I tend to withdraw when it feels like I'm burned out. (For refilling and refreshing).

What are yours? Are you really goofy?

1 Like

Re: The Forte by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
MizMyColi: Dada ni o jare cool ti eh nko?
..lol...going well, dear...

How about my husbands??...hope they are fyn??...
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
teeo:

Emotional undecided
...Why?...I believe you can oversome it...
..You can talk to me about it...You know problem shared is problem half-solved..
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
MizMyColi: @Goofyone.......

Talking about my interests....

I have a natural inclination towards techy gadgets and services......talk of PCs, Phones, and the internet. I prefer being a netizen to being a citizen.

I enjoy talks on spiritual enlightment.

I listen to music......no genre in particular.
Lately, I tend towards secular than gospel music.

I'm a random reader..........I like unlearning and learning new stuffs.

I'm naturally a contemplative being.......

I genuinely enjoy people, I like solving their problems too.
Though I tend to withdraw when it feels like I'm burned out. (For refilling and refreshing).

What are yours? Are you really goofy?

I like your interests. It does appear you are a very open person and it's doing you a lot of good, winning you a lot of friends.
I think you'll find me a good person to talk to on most of your interests, except spiritual enlightenment. Not such a big fan of such things. But I'm an empiricist, and so still open to these things.

Goofy? I like to see myself as goofy. It's a reminder not too get too carried away with reason.

Nice to meet you. smiley
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 9:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
goofyone:

I like your interests. It does appear you are a very open person and it's doing you a lot of good, winning you a lot of friends.
I think you'll find me a good person to talk to on most of your interests, except spiritual enlightenment. Not such a big fan of such things. But I'm an empericist, and so still open to these things.

Goofy? I like to see myself as goofy. It's a reminder not too get too carried away with reason.

Nice to meet you. smiley
LoL
You seem like the contemplative kind who is trying to de-contemplate his being to some degree.

I can relate with that too.
Being a deep person makes me feel alien in some circles. Even when I engage in shallow talks, it is imperative that I take sometime away and gather my elements. It is good for my sanity. cheesy

I've heard the terms Atheist, Apatheist, Agnostic, budhist, among others.
"Empiricist" is quite new....having read up a little on empiricism, it's likely they're Atheists who are more open-minded compared to mainstream Atheists......
I wouldn't know for sure.
Could you please throw more light?

It's okay, you can feel comfy to talk around me, I hold on loosely to religious beliefs as well. One thing is sure. I won't judge you or try to make you feel any less. I'll keep an open mind wink

Being an open person has it's perks and disadvantages too.
Some may perceive you as trying too hard to be liked by others.......there are those times too when you tend to loose yourself in the process of relating with others, more like skillfully imitating them, so you can flow and reach out to them, which tends to create an imbalance/ conflict of sorts within and you have to take some alone time to regain self.

In all, I find joy and fulfilment in being my real self, which any person who hasn't known me as much would write off as "Too Good To Be True" (most times in demeaning ways).
I just remind myself that:
1. I don't know how to be any less
2. The presence of a counterfeit is the surest indicator that there's an original.

LoL
Typing this, I feel this connection with you, like you're someone who gets me.......like we're alike. Hmmmm cool grin Time will tell cheesy

Perchance have you seen my diary?
I'm totally loving the fact that I have a place where I can go to and be me, without fear or favor, so to speak (albeit, being considerate of others who might read as well).

Waow! I see you have this energy or aura about you that makes me wanna keep talking......

Oya Ijay lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Let's hear from you.
I'd appreciate though If I can refer to you as ............... Other than goofy shocked shocked eissshhhhh grin grin

cheesy
cheesy
cheesy

Oh! Nice to meet you too wink
Re: The Forte by Ymodulus: 11:44am On Sep 07, 2014
goofyone:

I think you'll find me a good person to talk to on most of your interests, except spiritual enlightenment. Not such a big fan of such things. But I'm an empericist, and so still open to these things.

Nice to meet you. smiley

I replied because I saw that word empericist,

Now I will like you to use the term Atheist. Its better.

But its nice knowing you are on of John Locks fan.

Hi empiricist. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

February Born ''the LUV Month'' Lets Meet Here / Nigeria Adult Forum Hookup Zone On Bbm / People Who Should Be Twins On Romance Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.