Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

The Forte - Dating And Meet-up Zone (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / The Forte (16073 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 3:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
Ermmmm, are you Nigerian?

That said, thanks, a lot.
I do consider NL very interesting though, okay, not as much as it used to be grin
smiley
goofyone: And MizMyColi, this "Forte" is a very good idea. I never really found Nairaland interesting, and didn't expect that ideas such as these could be flying around on this so Nigerian forum.
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
goofyone:

I'm just wondering what MizMyColi really means. Name sounds really strange. smiley

LoL, it's just a coinage of my "very english" names. cheesy

No you are not mixing up the latin words. And yes, an empiricist actually believes learned knowledge takes priority over unlearned knowledge in drawing definite conclusions about the nature of things. Actually, I used to prefer rationalist thinking more. But things can change fairly gradually over time.

Don't I just love your open-mindedness?! cheesy

I really am not the type to praise people quickly. Trust me, I'm not. But I still must admit that your kind is very rare. Your thinking is so un-Nigerian, yet Nigerian all at the same time. Up until now, I have always met women who existed on both sides of this divide. You, on the other hand, sit right there in the middle and make yourself a perfect spouse for the religious and non-religious alike. The only thing I can pin this down to is your open heart.

Errmm, if it doesn't offend you, I like to attribute it to the Lord's doing grin (I'm not so sure he likes being addressed that way though) cool
Talking about an "open heart", opening a thread tagged "The pains of an open minded/hearted (sic) Nigerian lady" comes to mind cheesy cheesy cheesy

On other notes, I actually have a lot of questions for you. I could ask them here, if you want. But I'd prefer to send a PM and talk to you privately, if that's okay. smiley

Yeah, PM's alot better.
I just might spew stuffs on here that'd get me massively stoned grin
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
How are we doing in the forte today?
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 4:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
Alot better.
It's so hot out there.
Xcapist: How are we doing in the forte today?
Re: The Forte by Ymodulus: 6:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
goofyone:
thanks Ymodulus. I actually enjoyed your input!

On the point you disagreed, I really might just agree with you after all. Nevertheless, while reason could be incredible and liberating, it's also imperative to note that one could be so carried away by reason and eventually become the same rigid, "religiously" indoctrinated bigot one is attempting to stay away from. Atheists are quick to criticize religious zealots because they see that unwavering, unyielding stand in them, yet the same atheists do not pause for a moment to observe that they may also be falling into the same pit.

I'm actually an atheist, myself. Mostly, I think. But at the same time, I make all attempts to keep an open mind so as not to become like the same zealot I try to caution.

That's where the term free thinking comes in.

Atheist that think beyond A BOX. not WITHIN A BOX.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Forte by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
Errmm, if it doesn't offend you, I like to attribute it to the Lord's doing grin (I'm not so sure he likes being addressed that way though) cool
Talking about an "open heart", opening a thread tagged "The pains of an open minded/hearted (sic) Nigerian lady" comes to mind cheesy cheesy cheesy
lol smiley It certainly doesn't offend me.
will that thread be a diary? Wouldn't be bad now, would it? Does pain come with being open-minded? I understand it'll be a challenge to keep up with people, but they could really just take a walk.
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi: Ermmmm, are you Nigerian?

I do consider NL very interesting though, okay, not as much as it used to be grin
smiley

Yeah, miz. I'm a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: The Forte by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi: Ermmmm, are you Nigerian?

smiley
It's not as interesting cos you miss me. Admit it cheesy
P.s. Your PM count must be through the roof by now cheesy
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
BoboYekini: Your PM count must be through the roof by now cheesy
I actually agree with that, mizmycoli. smiley
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 9:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
BoboYekini: It's not as interesting cos I miss you, Mizmycoli.

There, I've admitted, wasn't that hard. cheesy

P.S. Your PM count must be through the roof by now cheesy
But I have a feeling you didn't reply any other than lipsrsealed
Right?

grin
grin

Goodevening Bobo.

Of course you are! cheesy
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
Mizmycoli, what's happening at the forte today?
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 9:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
goofyone:
I actually agree with that, mizmycoli. smiley
Now I'm tongue tied.
If I say yes, you'll be like whazz she formin' now.

If I say no, you'll be like, ha! Girls can pretend!
cheesy
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 9:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
goofyone: Mizmycoli, what's happening at the forte today?
Ummmm
Nothing much really, save for now that you're here.

Oh!
You prolly know by now that one of my threads made FP?
Two other threads I actively participated in were also on FP.
OMG, it's been Crrrazzzy! See bashin'
cheesy
cheesy
Someone even said, "Nut don comot for ya head" cheesy
I had the best of intentions for creating it and it just got so blown outta proportion shocked

I thought to take cover, but then my loyal nature wouldn't let me.
I also reminded myself that I could speak English, so it began.

Ha! It left me drained, sorta......more like giving and not receiving/replenishing cheesy

It became fun, towards the end though grin

Oh! I should go reply one mention already!!!!!!!
Eissshh why do I keep forgetting embarassed
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi:

grin
grin

Goodevening Bobo.

Of course you are! cheesy
cheesy
Hi luv, Where's my kiss?
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi: Now I'm tongue tied.
If I say yes, you'll be like whazz she formin' now.

If I say no, you'll be like, ha! Girls can pretend!
cheesy
Actually i was thinking, if you said yes, I'll be like "not surprised". And if you say no, I'll be like, i don't believe you.

1 Like

Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 9:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
BoboYekini: cheesy
Hi Sis, Where's my meal?
cheesy
I'll go make it warmer right away, brb.
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
@MizMyColi

I have got the same prob as well with people taking my simplest intentions out of context. Safest trip is to just ignore sha.
And do you actually feel obligated to reply every mention? Or do you only reply selectively?

And wanted to ask: what do you do for music? How do you regard music? Is it just like any other past time listening to songs or do you selectively approach your choice or kind of music? Does philosophy play any role here?
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi:
cheesy
I'll go make it warmer right away, brb.
Hmm, you sure know the way to a man's heart. *sighs* smiley kiss
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 9:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
goofyone: @MizMyColi

I have got the same prob as well with people taking my simplest intentions out of context. Safest trip is to just ignore sha.
And do you actually feel obligated to reply every mention? Or do you only reply selectively?

And wanted to ask: what do you do for music? How do you regard music? Is it just like any other past time listening to songs or do you selectively approach your choice or kind of music? Does philosophy play any role here?

There are people's mention you see and you feel compelled to reply.
Honestly, for me, there's a thin line between selectively/obligated to, as it pertains the mentions I attended to today.

Most, I would have ignored, but then I felt like,
"What if another person sees this post and subconsciously acts on it"
Then the need to counter such arises, for me.
That's Obligation.

I always reply selectively cool

Hmmph.....Music
Because of my very religious upbringing, I find it really hard to flow with a song that I do not deem spiritual.

Funny though, but I've observed that I really don't have that zeal to listen to Gospel music as such anymore. Not that I now hate it, but I just don't feel like it anymore.

Before now, if I ever needed to play a secular song, I'd first subconsciously sanctify and purify my phone. With my fav gospel song at the time, but I knew things were getting worse better when I search out my phone from my bag and the next song I play is:
Ada-Ada by flavor
For the win
Kayswitch Obimo
Yanni
Then Dansaki by Lara George and Ebezina cheesy

I used to feel guilty for listening to any song that God wasn't mentioned in, but it's a lot different now.

It's almost like I can hear someone saying:
"I've lost my salvation"
cheesy

Naaahhh, what I think I'm loosing is this great ability that I have, of being self righteous........

#NoMoreRants

Listening to music is more philosophical.............
I still prefer gospel songs though, they make me feel spirtual and more intune with the unseen
It's just that the ones I have are obsolete, to me.

I haven't seen any that really cuts it for me.
I just don't listen to any with the tag "gospel"

Infact! I enjoy the ones that have this secular feel to it. grin

#AgainNoMoreRants
#LastWarning

So, Let's hear from you Phil.....
I'd also like to know what your interests are. cool

1 Like

Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
BoboYekini: Hmm, you sure know the way to my heart. *sighs* smiley kiss
grin
wink
grin
wink
Re: The Forte by olumbest(m): 10:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi:

Honestly, for me, there's a thin line between selectively/obligated to, as it pertains the mentions I attended to today.
That's Obligation.
Hmmph.....Music
Because of my very religious upbringing, I find it really hard to flow with a song that I do not deem spiritual.
Funny though, but I've observed that I really don't have that zeal to listen to Gospel music as such anymore. Not that I now hate it, but I just don't feel like it anymore.
Before now, if I ever needed to play a secular song, I'd first subconsciously sanctify and purify my phone. With my fav gospel song at the time, but I knew things were getting worse better when I search out my phone from my bag and the next song I play is:
Ada-Ada by flavor
For the win
Kayswitch Obimo
Yanni
I used to feel guilty for listening to any song that God wasn't mentioned in, but it's a lot different now.
"I've lost my salvation"
cheesy
Naaahhh, what I think I'm loosing is this great ability that I have, of being self righteous........
#NoMoreRants
I still prefer gospel songs though, they make me feel spirtual and more intune with the unseen
#AgainNoMoreRants
#LastWarning
So, Let's from you Phil.....
*bangs in*
I don dey look so tee... i no fit hold body again.
Wetin move me sef?
Omo! na say gospel no dey move pesin @mizmycoli again. I b think say na only me ooo.
Imagine a situation u're playing a song & an old frnd of urs comes in and say,"ha! bro, u dey play this kin song?"
*collapses*
Dis one na brown light
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi:

That's Obligation.

Hmmph.....Music

Ada-Ada by flavor
For the win
Kayswitch Obimo
Yanni

"I've lost my salvation"
cheesy

#NoMoreRants

#AgainNoMoreRants
#LastWarning

So, Let's from you Phil.....

Your response on replying mentions is pretty evasive. But there's an extent to which someone can sound convincing after they've messed up with your head already by making you like them. Maybe that's where i find myself now smiley

I didn't suspect you had a very religious upbringing. I guess that's probably having the greatest effect on you now as you develop, causing your thinking to evolve and mutate into different directions. And probably serving as good ground to develop this open and independent personality. Probably.

I was never really religious at any point, so gospel music doesn't cut it for me at all. The desire to experiment however characterizes my taste in music, just as it does in real life. When i was younger i used to just log on to the internet and download any kind of songs i could find on beemp3, mp3archive, etc. I came across a whole bunch of interesting acts i still follow till today: daft punk, deadmau5, dead can dance, snow patrol, duck sauce, etc. These days i find myself doing same again, especially with YouTube. Recently i discovered Lindsey Striling. She really is very good. You can check out some of her scores.

Generally, I just love contemplative music. Not necessarily classical, but surely something different.

Interests: chess, music, F1, motoGP, football sometimes (didn't watch Nigeria this night, lol), intelligent women, intellectual conversations, traveling (a lot), languages (i speak French and German), mathematics, philosophy (a great lot), literature, video games, and actually much more.
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 12:13pm On Sep 11, 2014

@Goofyone

Your response on replying mentions is pretty evasive. But there's an extent to which someone can sound convincing after they've messed up with your head already by making you like them. Maybe that's where i find myself now smiley
There are people's mentions you see and you feel compelled to reply.

Okay, I just looked up the statutory meaning of compelled, no! that wasn't the right word to use, it's more in the lines of "enjoying" replying some mentions. You get?

What I meant here was, as regards my posts that made FP, I felt more obligated to reply all mentions, including those I'd have selectively/enjoyed replying.
Except out-rightly shhhhity ones.

That's Obligation.

There are posts I see and do not agree with, and believe me, personally, I'm not bothered.
But if it's on a thread I created or actively participate(d) in, I would subtly call out an individual, pointing out where I think he or she might have gotten it wrong.
I do that because, I feel another person might read such posts and feel so low/depressed, giving up on self or an idea or a dream.
So I'm more like an encourager in that regard.

If I reply a mention these are the reasons:
- I'm full of admiration and respect for that moniker
- I'm crushin' on that moniker
- My e-buddy
- Miscellaneous grin grin

I didn't suspect you had a very religious upbringing. I guess that's probably having the greatest effect on you now as you develop, causing your thinking to evolve and mutate into different directions. And probably serving as good ground to develop this open and independent personality. Probably.

Not Probably, you're spot on. cool

I was never really religious at any point, so gospel music doesn't cut it for me at all. The desire to experiment however characterizes my taste in music, just as it does in real life. When i was younger i used to just log on to the internet and download any kind of songs i could find on beemp3, mp3archive, etc. I came across a whole bunch of interesting acts i still follow till today: daft punk, deadmau5, dead can dance, snow patrol, duck sauce, etc. These days i find myself doing same again, especially with YouTube. Recently i discovered Lindsey Striling. She really is very good. You can check out some of her scores.

@Lindsey, that moment when you feeling a song and your hands are frozen, very close to your keypad and goose pimples be shooting out all over you, electrifying.
That Duet between John Legend and her is shocked shocked shocked
"Spontaneous me" almost got me doing my thing here in the office (razz dance grin)

Those genres you mentioned sound strange, but I may get to love them eventually, seeing as my taste for music's evolving, rapidly, I'd say.

Generally, I just love contemplative music. Not necessarily classical, but surely something different.

That describes me too.
My all time best's "Oceans" by hillsong smiley

Interests: chess, music, F1, motoGP, football sometimes (didn't watch Nigeria this night, lol), intelligent women, intellectual conversations, traveling (a lot), languages (i speak French and German), mathematics, philosophy (a great lot), literature, video games, and actually much more.

I am waowed at these interests.
Very rich combos! Intimidating, kind of shocked

Chess: I was indifferent in school, I'm open to learn though.
Music: grin
F1 MotoGP: I know they have to do with car racing though.
Football: smiley grin ....... I still don't know how to detect an offside though
Intelligent Women, Intellectual Convos: cool
Traveling: grin
Languages: cheesy smiley grin errrmmm.....are you mixed race?
Mathematics: embarassed Financial calculations smiley wink
Philosophy: smiley
Literature: Yipeee!!! My reading culture hasn't been as sharp though sad
Video games: smiley I love games (PC, Mobile) too! I just love em' just not a sucker

****modified****
Re: The Forte by Kajiang02(m): 1:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ermmmm........
@goofyone abi na Philips and MizMyColi abi na I mizz my collegaue.

Make una continue dey itemize una strenght and weaknesses ooo, as well identifying focal points you can collectively build on successively together.

Errrmmmmmmm......., the thing I been wan talk be sayyyyy, when una reach stage wey the Chemistry don dey well understandable and explainable, and compatibility somewhat mutually agreeable, hmnnnnn...... Make una let me know ooooo.

Truth be say, I doin forget wetin I been wan talk, but then, I remember say "The Forte" na for dating & meet-up. Abeg who go meet oooooo, we can consider the dating later?

Watching from the sidelines in 5D.
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 5:28am On Sep 12, 2014
Not Probably, you're spot on. cool
I thought as much. It's done quite a lot of good for you then.

@Lindsey, that moment when you feeling a song and your hands are frozen, very close to your keypad and goose pimples be shooting out all over you, electrifying.
That Duet between John Legend and her is shocked shocked shocked
"Spontaneous me" almost got me doing my thing here in the office (razz dance grin)
You should check out more of her tracks or download the latest album on itunes. Really beautiful scores. Some of her songs also have some fast beat to it. I think they call this dubstep, or hard beat. Somehow, I feel that's what makes her play stand out, kinda impresses it on someone. I don't know much about that genre of music as I'm just conducting my investigations. Don't you also like her moves as she steps about? Have you seen "Shadows"?

Then I thought to play you this song. It's Martha Wainwright and Snow Patrol. Really cool. Just thought to introduce this song to you.

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCh8f1N4wF4[/flash]

Those genres you mentioned sound strange, but I may get to love them eventually, seeing as my taste for music's evolving, rapidly, I'd say.
And if you really are interested I could introduce you to more songs. Of course, I'd also love to get a taste of your own collection as well.

That describes me too.
My all time best's "Oceans" by hillsong smiley
I looked up Hillsong united. Not a bad team, but it's gospel. undecided

Chess: I was indifferent in school, I'm open to learn though.
Music: grin
F1 MotoGP: I know they have to do with car racing though.
Football: smiley grin ....... I still don't know how to detect an offside though
Intelligent Women, Intellectual Convos: cool
Traveling: grin
Languages: cheesy smiley grin errrmmm.....are you mixed race?
Mathematics: embarassed Financial calculations smiley wink
Philosophy: smiley
Literature: Yipeee!!! My reading culture hasn't been as sharp though sad
Video games: smiley I love games (PC, Mobile) too! I just love em' just not a sucker
F1 is racing, car racing. MotoGP is bike racing. F1 is pretty dope though. Incredible driving at insane speeds. Nico & Lewis, the two Mercedes driver, have been the dominant ones this season. Vettel, the Red Bull driver, kinda lost his dominance.
Nope, I'm not mixed race at all. I'm actually Nigerian. I guess we share some interests. And please explain the need to put cool in front of "Intelligent Women, Intellectual convos"? I'm waiting... cheesy
What kind of video games do you play? Do you by any chance play Playstation as well?

Just finished listening to your Oceans - Hillsong United. Very nice! I think I really should keep this song in my archive, gospel or not.
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 11:29am On Sep 12, 2014

I thought as much. It's done quite a lot of good for you then.

grin Thanks smiley @Goofyone

You should check out more of her tracks or download the latest album on itunes. Really beautiful scores. Some of her songs also have some fast beat to it.

There! @TheEmboldened and how she steps about,
doing her thing, throwing in ballet and jerking's what did me in on her. She's awesome.
Like me, she got small lips......I like that she's small-ish and has this aura of innocence around her.

I played the one by Snow patrol but I was put off by the male lead's mannerisms, somebody put me in the know please?
What genre of Alternative rock is that?

And if you really are interested I could introduce you to more songs. Of course, I'd also love to get a taste of your own collection as well.

Kkay! grin
I'm open to learn new stuffs.
Mine would bore you stiff, I'm sure.

I looked up Hillsong united. Not a bad team, but it's gospel. undecided

With a feel of secular grin
Exaccerly why I love it!

Nope, I'm not mixed race at all. I'm actually Nigerian.

Okay, I was going to say Pinzhur orrr.........
Hahahaha cheesy
I believe You.

I guess we share some interests.

cool

And please explain the need to put cool in front of "Intelligent Women, Intellectual convos"? I'm waiting... cheesy

LoL cheesy
Okay, picture it this way, a guy's talking with a buddy @ a restaurant, there's a young lady directly behind them. The young man begins to outline the qualities he desires in a would be maite, he says stuffs like: "She's got to be pretty"
She immediately takes that in and smiles, with her sunglasses on.
"She's got to be smart"
She repeats the same action.

Now she may never meet that guy again, but it kinda felt to her like he was directly talking to her.
Some of us just don't admit it but the women folk are suckers for words of affirmation cool

Hope my illustration cuts it for you?

What kind of video games do you play? Do you by any chance play Playstation as well?

Does Assasin's Creed and Medal of honour qualify as video games?
I've played Adera
Eisshhh, I can't remember their names now, it's been a while.

Just finished listening to your Oceans - Hillsong United. Very nice! I think I really should keep this song in my archive, gospel or not.

shocked
For real?!
grin

I'm flattered! (On behalf of hillsong of course cool)

Here's wishing you a nice today.
smiley
Re: The Forte by daveP(m): 6:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
(enters dancing ranchoddas' aal izz well)

Jab life ho out of control
Honthon ko kar ke gol
Honthon ko kar ke gol
Seeti bajaa ke bol
Life ho out of control
Honthon ko kar ke gol
Honthon ko kar ke gol
Seeti bajaa ke bol
Aal izz well
Murgi kya jaane ande ka kya hoga
Arre life milegi ya tawee pe fry hoga
Koi na jaane apna future kya hoga!

grin grin (rest on his kness exhautedly. Runs back to d culinary) sup MizMy

2 Likes

Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
daveP: (enters dancing ranchoddas' aal izz well)

Jab life ho out of control
Honthon ko kar ke gol
Honthon ko kar ke gol
Seeti bajaa ke bol
Life ho out of control
Honthon ko kar ke gol
Honthon ko kar ke gol
Seeti bajaa ke bol
Aal izz well
Murgi kya jaane ande ka kya hoga
Arre life milegi ya tawee pe fry hoga
Koi na jaane apna future kya hoga!

grin grin (rest on his kness exhautedly. Runs back to d culinary) sup MizMy

LoL
shocked What lyrics are those o! cheesy

How you been Dave.

***modified***

Ohohohoho cheesy cheesy grin
That's Three Eeddiats right?

Hmmmm cool

Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
My AfricanApple Just arrived. What's up Hun?
Re: The Forte by daveP(m): 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2014
MizMyColi:

LoL

How you been Dave.

***modified***

Hmmmm cool

lol the pics can help. How u doing?

Re: The Forte by AfricanApple(f): 7:31pm On Sep 12, 2014
MizMyColi: My AfricanApple Just arrived. What's up Hun?
u caught me peeping uh. I guess I came late, no need to linger
Re: The Forte by daveP(m): 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
MizMyColi:

LoL

How you been Dave.

***modified***

Hmmmm cool

lo, tot u wouldnt rem. Yeah it is grin grin im in the forte, anything for me? cheesy been good, u?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Nigeria Adult Forum Hookup Zone On Bbm / February Born ''the LUV Month'' Lets Meet Here / People Who Should Be Twins On Romance Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.