Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

The Forte - Dating And Meet-up Zone (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / The Forte (16074 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Forte by Ymodulus: 11:49am On Sep 07, 2014
MizMyColi: LoL

I've heard the terms Atheist, Apatheist, Agnostic, budhist, among others.
"Empiricist" is quite new....having read up a little on empiricism, it's likely they're Atheists who are more open-minded compared to mainstream Atheists......
I wouldn't know for sure.
Could you please throw more light?

No you are wrong. Atheism is all about facts. Not just unproved stories.

The core of Atheism is based on Real life proves and experience. And empericist is no different.

John lock leading philosopher was known to believe in evidence and reality. Trying to be rationale in all doing. And this is a Atheism. And core of atheism.

For example atheist do not believe in evolution. Na they accept is as fact. With truth and proves and evidence..

So please adjust the use of your term Main Stream Atheist I have a problem with that, because u abuse the beauty and nature of the word ATHEISM as coined by the Lexicographers.

Its better you say Most Atheist. Because u also you an Atheist. Agostic. Accept it or not.

Thanks
Re: The Forte by Ymodulus: 11:57am On Sep 07, 2014
Also all atheist at open minded. Free thinkers and rationalist
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 12:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
Okay @Ymodulus. Noted smiley
Re: The Forte by Ymodulus: 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
MizMyColi: Okay @Ymodulus. Noted smiley

smiley

1 Like

Re: The Forte by Tallesty1(m): 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
MizMyColi: Okay @Ymodulus. Noted smiley
Good afternoon mizprettyface.

How are you?
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
Tallesty1: Good afternoon mizprettyface.

How are you?

LoL
cheesy
Happy Sunday.

I'm fine.
Thanks.
Also, thanks for sharing @Diary. smiley

Got any thoughts?
Re: The Forte by Tallesty1(m): 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
MizMyColi:

LoL
cheesy
Happy Sunday.

I'm fine.
Thanks.
Also, thanks for sharing @Diary. smiley

Got any thoughts?

uwc

To share here?
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 1:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
Tallesty1: uwc

To share here?
Yeah cool
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
Mizmycoli, tell, how did you sharpen your moral acumen to what it is today? What is your story? Do you identify with a certain religion? Which one, and why?
And you write so well *thumbs up* what did you study?
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 3:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
Xcapist: Mizmycoli, tell, how did you sharpen your moral acumen to what it is today? What is your story? Do you identify with a certain religion? Which one, and why?
And you write so well *thumbs up* what did you study?

Thank You Xcapist. grin @TheEmboldened.
I was at your diary today (two of them).

Y'know, I just got disappointed few minutes ago.... I was really unhappy and I meant to say unpatronizing stuffs. I knew I shouldn't be that way, but there was this strong urge to keep calling till he picks so I could just spew my mind.

But I prayed, not loud, it was more of muttering and mind praying:

Abba, give me wisdom for the moment....x10times or more.

When I opened my eyes, that feeling of hate & cussing had disappeared.
I even saw a missed call from him and didn't bother calling back (not out of resentment).
I wasn't angry anymore.
I prayed for him
I wished him well.

My life can only get better smiley

The story I just described above would depict me as one meek christian, right?
Believe me, I'm not........if a Christian were to hear my thoughts completely, they'd say I'm a certified true heretic.

My Hun @Modulus just slapped Agnostic on me "whether I like it or not".

Others say I'm a liberal/progressive..........
I've not read a bible in months.
Still gathering my thoughts on where I belong.
I was at a christian gathering (a deeper life naming ceremony for my niece), yes I sang and even served food with my curly attachments and leggings and dropping earrings and makeup, yet it felt so odd being there.

I couldn't pray fire for fire anymore.
When we were told to cover the baby in the blood, in addition to other wonderful prayer points.
All I kept saying was Thank You Dad grin (I was literally shining my teeth and winking/squinting shocked cheesy)
If anyone had seen me communicate with this living force within me, they'd have stoned me.

I hope you could get something out of the stories I just narrated.

My story is simple and straight forward. You can never go wrong living a life of love and compassion. I've made mistakes (hurtful and regretful).
For a long time, I let those define me, I let them determine my worth, my value.
Until the wave of great transformation and enlightenment caught up with me.
I've never been the same.
I've been growing in leaps and in bounds
In knowledge
In wisdom
In maturity

Even when I make mistakes or do an "unthinkable" I find that I get better from such experiences, nothing is taken from me, instead it feels like more is being added to me.

shocked shocked shocked

embarassed I'm sorry I just made you a victim of my epistles and contemplativeness.

Talking about moral acumen, I can't say really, but I like to think of it as a strong innate predisposition.

grin grin grin
I studied Agric Economics & Extension Services, yet I'm practising advertising and PR shocked

God bless naija joor! cheesy
How I for take know my true calling eeh? cool

1 Like

Re: The Forte by TaiwoAdeyemi054(m): 8:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
Am fully following you. Ride on, keep it up.
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 8:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
TaiwoAdeyemi054: Am fully following you. Ride on, keep it up.
Gracias! smiley
Re: The Forte by Nairabush(m): 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
MizMyColi: Gracias! smiley

what happened?
Re: The Forte by daveP(m): 3:25am On Sep 08, 2014
(enters and hangs raincoat) erm whats happening here? shocked (runs out and awaits answer as he peeps)

MizMyColi!!! Hmm......
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 6:08am On Sep 08, 2014
daveP: (enters and hangs raincoat) erm whats happening here? shocked (runs out and awaits answer as he peeps)

MizMyColi!!! Hmm......
LoL cheesy
Goodmorning and welcome.
Re: The Forte by Dayjhihannon01(m): 6:46am On Sep 08, 2014
MizMyColi:

Thank You Xcapist. grin @TheEmboldened.
I was at your diary today (two of them).

Y'know, I just got disappointed few minutes ago.... I was really unhappy and I meant to say unpatronizing stuffs. I knew I shouldn't be that way, but there was this strong urge to keep calling till he picks so I could just spew my mind.

But I prayed, not loud, it was more of muttering and mind praying:

Abba, give me wisdom for the moment....x10times or more.

When I opened my eyes, that feeling of hate & cussing had disappeared.
I even saw a missed call from him and didn't bother calling back (not out of resentment).
I wasn't angry anymore.
I prayed for him
I wished him well.

My life can only get better smiley

The story I just described above would depict me as one meek christian, right?
Believe me, I'm not........if a Christian were to hear my thoughts completely, they'd say I'm a certified true heretic.

My Hun @Modulus just slapped Agnostic on me "whether I like it or not".

Others say I'm a liberal/progressive..........
I've not read a bible in months.
Still gathering my thoughts on where I belong.
I was at a christian gathering (a deeper life naming ceremony for my niece), yes I sang and even served food with my curly attachments and leggings and dropping earrings and makeup, yet it felt so odd being there.

I couldn't pray fire for fire anymore.
When we were told to cover the baby in the blood, in addition to other wonderful prayer points.
All I kept saying was Thank You Dad grin (I was literally shining my teeth and winking/squinting shocked cheesy)
If anyone had seen me communicate with this living force within me, they'd have stoned me.

I hope you could get something out of the stories I just narrated.

My story is simple and straight forward. You can never go wrong living a life of love and compassion. I've made mistakes (hurtful and regretful).
For a long time, I let those define me, I let them determine my worth, my value.
Until the wave of great transformation and enlightenment caught up with me.
I've never been the same.
I've been growing in leaps and in bounds
In knowledge
In wisdom
In maturity

Even when I make mistakes or do an "unthinkable" I find that I get better from such experiences, nothing is taken from me, instead it feels like more is being added to me.

shocked shocked shocked

embarassed I'm sorry I just made you a victim of my epistles and contemplativeness.

Talking about moral acumen, I can't say really, but I like to think of it as a strong innate predisposition.

grin grin grin
I studied Agric Economics & Extension Services, yet I'm practising advertising and PR shocked

God bless naija joor! cheesy
How I for take know my true calling eeh? cool
GudMorning MizMyColi.... How was ur nite?

Yes on what you believe, we may be on the same page; I don't know yet....
I want to think we are born on dis planet- to first follow d beliefs of our parent (xpecially in africa) till the accountability age... (Regardless we liked it or not, we understands d beliefs or not)...

Meanwhile during this period of following dia beliefs, we'v got questions to ask to which dey demselvs can't provide concrete answers, dan JUST OBEY things so dat u won't luk like a rebellious follower..

I want to see from ur diary dat you wish you could connect straight with God (through Christ I think), but without the COMPLICATIONS of fellowships...am I right??
Let me know if we are on the same page cheesy cheesy cheesy...
Re: The Forte by Dayjhihannon01(m): 6:48am On Sep 08, 2014
daveP: (enters and hangs raincoat) erm whats happening here? shocked (runs out and awaits answer as he peeps)

MizMyColi!!! Hmm......
welcome... *hands him a Chinese-ic small mug of hot coffee....*

But wia r u coming from by dis time of d day?
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 8:00am On Sep 08, 2014
Dayjhihannon01: GudMorning MizMyColi.... How was ur nite?

Yes on what you believe, we may be on the same page; I don't know yet....
I want to think we are born on dis planet- to first follow d beliefs of our parent (xpecially in africa) till the accountability age... (Regardless we liked it or not, we understands d beliefs or not)...

Meanwhile during this period of following dia beliefs, we'v got questions to ask to which dey demselvs can't provide concrete answers, dan JUST OBEY things so dat u won't luk like a rebellious follower..

I want to see from ur diary dat you wish you could connect straight with God (through Christ I think), but without the COMPLICATIONS of fellowships...am I right??
Let me know if we are on the same page cheesy cheesy cheesy...
Good morning Dayji smiley
Hope you slept good?

We just might be on the same page, who knows.
You're right, Most of the things I practice are things I've learnt which has become a part of me over time.......

I have questions......some have been provided with answers, others are pending.
I used to be a great believer of fellowship.......I don't anymore.

I don't even know if God's name is really God, what if we've got somethings wrong about His being.

Is he a "he" or "she" or It?

If satan was the chief culprit behind sodom and gomorrah, why didn't God just save lot's wife totally......

Some days it feels like I have it all figured out

Other days, I'm confused.

One thing's for sure.

I'm not alone in this journey of life, there's an invisible hand guiding......leading, where it leads me, I will go.
Re: The Forte by Dayjhihannon01(m): 8:11am On Sep 08, 2014
MizMyColi: Good morning Dayji smiley
Hope you slept good?

We just might be on the same page, who knows.
You're right, Most of the things I practice are things I've learnt which has become a part of me over time.......

I have questions......some have been provided with answers, others are pending.
I used to be a great believer of fellowship.......I don't anymore.

I don't even know if God's name is really God, what if we've got somethings wrong about His being.

Is he a "he" or "she" or It?

If satan was the chief culprit behind sodom and gomorrah, why didn't God just save lot's wife totally......

Some days it feels like I have it all figured out

Other days, I'm confused.

One thing's for sure.

I'm not alone in this journey of life, there's an invisible hand guiding......leading, where it leads me, I will go.
I slept good...yeah. Life itself is a joke to me. I'm aint totally getting it.. The Universe itself is not so real... If there is Afterlife, we shall take care of dat later when we are done with dis one....... Have a nice day ahead

1 Like

Re: The Forte by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
MizMyColi: LoL
You seem like the contemplative kind who is trying to de-contemplate his being to some degree.

I can relate with that too.
Being a deep person makes me feel alien in some circles. Even when I engage in shallow talks, it is imperative that I take sometime away and gather my elements. It is good for my sanity. cheesy

I've heard the terms Atheist, Apatheist, Agnostic, budhist, among others.
"Empiricist" is quite new....having read up a little on empiricism, it's likely they're Atheists who are more open-minded compared to mainstream Atheists......
I wouldn't know for sure.
Could you please throw more light?

It's okay, you can feel comfy to talk around me, I hold on loosely to religious beliefs as well. One thing is sure. I won't judge you or try to make you feel any less. I'll keep an open mind wink

Being an open person has it's perks and disadvantages too.
Some may perceive you as trying too hard to be liked by others.......there are those times too when you tend to loose yourself in the process of relating with others, more like skillfully imitating them, so you can flow and reach out to them, which tends to create an imbalance/ conflict of sorts within and you have to take some alone time to regain self.

In all, I find joy and fulfilment in being my real self, which any person who hasn't known me as much would write off as "Too Good To Be True" (most times in demeaning ways).
I just remind myself that:
1. I don't know how to be any less
2. The presence of a counterfeit is the surest indicator that there's an original.

LoL
Typing this, I feel this connection with you, like you're someone who gets me.......like we're alike. Hmmmm cool grin Time will tell cheesy

Perchance have you seen my diary?
I'm totally loving the fact that I have a place where I can go to and be me, without fear or favor, so to speak (albeit, being considerate of others who might read as well).

Waow! I see you have this energy or aura about you that makes me wanna keep talking......

Oya Ijay lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Let's hear from you.
I'd appreciate though If I can refer to you as ............... Other than goofy shocked shocked eissshhhhh grin grin

cheesy
cheesy
cheesy

Oh! Nice to meet you too wink

Hi MizMyColi,

An empiricist relies a lot on sense experience for knowledge. You must have heard about a priori & a posteriori knowledge, i.e knowledge of the things we know without knowing (not learned) and learned knowledge. An empiricist starts out with a posteriori knowledge. To the extent that a priori knowledge is visible in daily interactions, an empiricist justifies that as knowledge necessarily taught by experience. He claims that we are initially oblivious of this knowledge, but that experience eventually makes it visible to us. The rationalist, on the other hand, thinks we are born aware of this knowledge.

You see, I'm not a blatant empiricist. In daily life, I'm a rationalist. I love being a rationalist, a materialist. I like the freedom associated with it, the black-blue clarity, the joy of starting out with reason. But regarding spiritual things, I let my empiricist self guide me. Reason can be foolish atimes. Reason should and can NEVER allow understanding on spiritual things, because of course they defy common sense. But I'd like to be spiritual; I don't mind it. To this end, I'm willing to experience spiritual things, and then rely on that experience for judgement, provided of course that experience is justifiable.

Am I confusing you already? Well, I apologize, if I am.

I like your writing. It's so fluid, easy and contemplative. I'd take a look at your diary and see what's up there. I'm amazed to find a Nigerian lady thinking like you sha. Not because I have talked to all Nigerian ladies and then singled you out, but because the Nigerian environment doesn't not by any chance encourage such novel, independent thinking by a lady. I sure hope you'll eventually find a guy who will be accommodating of your rich beliefs and sophisticated outlook.

I also feel a connection with you, perhaps superficial for now. But yes, there is a connection. Are you religious? How do you interpret religious things and the Nigerian craze?

You could just call me Phillip, if you don't like Goofy.
Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 3:22pm On Sep 08, 2014

goofyone:

Hi MizMyColi,

Hi Philip grin

An empericist relies a lot on sense experience for knowledge. You must have heard about a priori & a posteriori knowledge, i.e knowledge of the things we know without knowing (not learned) and learned knowledge. An empericist starts out with a posteriori knowledge. To the extent that a priori knowledge is visible in daily interactions, an empericist justifies that as knowledge necessarily taught by experience. He claims that we are initially oblivious of this knowledge, but that experience eventually makes it visible to us. The rationalist, on the other hand, thinks we are born aware of this knowledge.

LoL.......I'd favor the thinking of the rationalist more, but then could it be that our minds are/were in a "tabula rasa" state at birth?
In other words, an empiricist believes that apart from trivial semantics (meaning) and logical truths, e.g., "all wives are married".......one cannot claim to have knowledge of a thing without experiencing it.
Maybe Thomas of the bible was a subtle empiricist cheesy ^^^.
The long and short would be that an empiricist favours a posteriori to a priori knowledge.
Right?
Hope I'm not mixing the latin words already *facepalm*
cheesy

You see, I'm not a blatant empericist. In daily life, I'm a rationalist. I love being a rationalist, a materialist. I like the freedom associated with it, the black-blue clarity, the joy of starting out with reason. But regarding spiritual things, I let my empericist self guide me. Reason can be foolish atimes. Reason should and can NEVER allow understanding on spiritual things, because of course they defy common sense. But I'd like to be spiritual; I don't mind it. To this end, I'm willing to experience spiritual things, and then rely on that experience for judgement, provided of course that experience is justifiable.

Thank You!!!!!!! @ TheEmboldened.
You've said it all on this one, no addition, no subtraction. lipsrsealed

Am I confusing you already? Well, I apologize, if I am.

cheesy
LoL
I'm surprised I'm not confused.
I'd have been if it were in the morning, comprehending English at that time's somewhat herculean.

I like your writing. It's so fluid, easy and contemplative. I'd take a look at your diary and see what's up there. I'm amazed to find a Nigerian lady thinking like you sha. Not because I have talked to all Nigerian ladies and then singled you out, but because the Nigerian environment doesn't not by any chance encourage such novel, independent thinking by a lady. I sure hope you'll eventually find a guy who will be accommodating of your rich beliefs and sophisticated outlook.

grin Thank you! I'd favor fluidity and spontaneity any time cool
See that emboldened and purpled?
It's a heart's cry.
I don't wanna settle down with just anybody or someone who'd eventually become toxic, killing this light within me.
Everyone desires a security of sorts in their would be mate.
Some money, others emotional, others physical etc
Mine's what you've outlined above, albeit in different words.

I also feel a connection with you, perhaps superficial for now. But yes, there is a connection. Are you religious? How do you interpret religious things and the Nigerian craze?

cool @ThePurpled
Ha! @TheEmboldened
It baffles me how considerate I can be attimes..........
Most times when I want to spew my mind on religious matters, I consider my friends (Amazing People) who are religious on here and I tend to lipsrsealed or just tone down.
Y'know on my FB group, there was an argument over who the real culprit in the Sodom and Gomorrah Genocide was.
Some said satan with reasons (which I agree with) and backing bible verses and others maintained that it had to be God with reasons and backing bible verses too!
I will not/do not engage in religious arguments, but concerning religion I have just two things to say:
1). If as a muslim or christian or mormon or budhist etc, you believe that God actually visits people with his wrath and kills them off, then, your God must be my Devil.
2). Religion is for people who are afraid of hell; Spirituality is for those who have been there.

A writer once defined Nigerians as religiously intelligent people.
If they could just channel half the effort they use to defend a man who slaps a "witch for christ" or the one who burns people and flogs them for disobeying "God", or the one who flirts and sleeps with his members, or even the one who encourages them to rain down fire on all known and unknown enemies -
If only they could channel such efforts on corrupt politicians and those who commit brazen acts on DearCountry, think of what our Nigeria would be like.
Religion cages the mind, it dullens (sic) it, disabling it from living to it's highest potential. embarassed
Honestly, I'm still shedding religion.

grin cheesy I already did grin
Good afternoon.

1 Like

Re: The Forte by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
Like Phillip said, or ahmm, goofyone (since I have not been 'initiated' into the first name circle, yet) it's very rare to find a Nigerian lady with your kind of worldview and I really wonder why that is. Mizmycoli do you have any explanation? How did you get your christian faith so "messed up"? tongue and why do many of your naija sisters lag behind?
I really try to relate with people who hold such archaic beliefs like the bible is literal and inerrant, god will roast us all in eternal hell fire except members of some sect or cult and that Jewish guy Jesus is fully god, etc in an unpatronizing manner but it's really hard.
It's like you said, with love and compassion one can't go wrong.
Goof has launched a "girlfriend audition" and he seem like a nice guy, and Mizmycoli has a heart cry, and there's all these "connections" in the air.... *clears throat* I won say more dan dat *in my TB Joshua voice*

1 Like

Re: The Forte by MizMyColi(f): 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy

@TheEmboldened, I won't advice anyone in my shoes right now to try dating just yet.
cheesy
I have such a distorted view of relationships right now. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
*whispers* [size=5pt]I unfollowed romance board[/size]
Now that's strange, I'm such a sucker for that section, mainly for the laughs, opportunity to reach out to others and just being there.

Honesty, I've not met much people in my lifetime, I may come across as someone who has a lot of people around, but I could count my innercircle of friends in one, not two, of my hands.
Everyone has their calling and interest, not everyone fancies this path I'm on.

LoL,
Wonder no more, seems to me like I'm of Asian origin (look well @ my facial features).

Yeah it is, really hard.
That's why I try to ensure that my latest relationships with people isn't tied to their religious belief or not, if it does, I try to love them still (it can be herculean now and then though).

LoL xcapist, @Connections.......I believe we're all connected.
I know you know that too.
Oh, because I didn't tell you too.
Well, now you know.

Whenever I'm with a person and all I just feel like doing is Talk (in reality, I don't enjoy talking much, I prefer being alone with my thoughts, PC and internet grin) , then there's more to us (not necessarily, infact, in my case, rarely romantic )
Now that I've said this, please scroll up again and see the length of rantings in my previous reply to you tongue

Xcapist: Like Phillip said, or ahmm, goofyone (since I have not been 'initiated' into the first name circle, yet) it's very rare to find a Nigerian lady with your kind of worldview and I really wonder why that is. Mizmycoli do you have any explanation? How did you get your christian faith so "messed up"? tongue and why do many of your naija sisters lag behind?
I really try to relate with people who hold such archaic beliefs like the bible is literal and inerrant, god will roast us all in eternal hell fire except members of some sect or cult and that Jewish guy Jesus is fully god, etc in an unpatronizing manner but it's really hard.
Goof has launched a "girlfriend audition" and he seem like a nice guy, and Mizmycoli has a heart cry, and there's all these "connections" in the air.... *clears throat* I won say more dan dat *in my TB Joshua voice*
Re: The Forte by Ymodulus: 7:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
goofyone:

Hi MizMyColi,

An empericist relies a lot on sense experience for knowledge.
You are good.

You must have heard about a priori & a posteriori knowledge, i.e knowledge of the things we know without knowing (not learned) and learned knowledge. An empericist starts out with a posteriori knowledge. To the extent that a priori knowledge is visible in daily interactions, an empericist justifies that as knowledge necessarily taught by experience. He claims that we are initially oblivious of this knowledge, but that experience eventually makes it visible to us. The rationalist, on the other hand, thinks we are born aware of this knowledge.

Did you by chance studied Philosophy Reading your post i think of the GREAT PHILOSOPHY SCHOOL of taughts,, Rationalist, emperialist, Idealist, and so on i cant recall, Existencialism etc.

You see, I'm not a blatant empericist.

I agree after reading all you said.

In daily life, I'm a rationalist. I love being a rationalist, a materialist. I like the freedom associated with it, the black-blue clarity, the joy of starting out with reason.

You are a definition of perfect.
I let my empericist self guide me.
o!!! i cant appreciate you more when i read this.

Reason can be foolish atimes. Reason should and can NEVER allow understanding on spiritual things, because of course they defy common sense. But I'd like to be spiritual; I don't mind it. To this end, I'm willing to experience spiritual things, and then rely on that experience for judgement, provided of course that experience is justifiable.
I disagree.

I like your writing. It's so fluid, easy and contemplative.
You right. Her writing skills are proliffic.

I'd take a look at your diary and see what's up there. I'm amazed to find a Nigerian lady thinking like you sha.

Not because I have talked to all Nigerian ladies and then singled you out, but because the Nigerian environment doesn't not by any chance encourage such novel, independent thinking by a lady. I sure hope you'll eventually find a guy who will be accommodating of your rich beliefs and sophisticated outlook.

Oya mizmycoli i hope you heard him repeat same word i told you

O what a great empiricist you are phillips. you will make a great dad, while mizmycoli a great mum and me the great son lol!!!

Nice post i love it

1 Like

Re: The Forte by daveP(m): 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
Dayjhihannon01: welcome... *hands him a Chinese-ic small mug of hot coffee....*

But wia r u coming from by dis time of d day?
coffee!!(drops the mug like mr bean when he's scared) i want a clear system.(sees a mug of steaming lipton) ah!cheesy kermit's fav, il have that. grin grin

sup y'all grin
Re: The Forte by daveP(m): 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
MizMyColi: LoL cheesy
Goodmorning and welcome.
lol. How u doing. Doing great

ma mem card was wiped off today. Lost 3Gb! ;(
Re: The Forte by Dayjhihannon01(m): 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
daveP: coffee!!(drops the mug like mr bean when he's scared) i want a clear system.(sees a mug of steaming lipton) ah!cheesy kermit's fav, il have that. grin grin

sup y'all grin
oh good... Help urself to it bro grin grin ... Wev been good
Re: The Forte by daveP(m): 1:46am On Sep 09, 2014
Dayjhihannon01: oh good... Help urself to it bro grin grin ... Wev been good
okay. Thanks(sips with one eye keeping watch. Slips and dozes off) night y'all. Good morning!
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
MizMyColi:

I'm just wondering what MizMyColi really means. Name sounds really strange. smiley

LoL.......I'd favor the thinking of the rationalist more, but then could it be that our minds are/were in a "tabula rasa" state at birth?
In other words, an empiricist believes that apart from trivial semantics (meaning) and logical truths, e.g., "all wives are married".......one cannot claim to have knowledge of a thing without experiencing it.
Maybe Thomas of the bible was a subtle empiricist cheesy ^^^.
The long and short would be that an empiricist favours a posteriori to a priori knowledge.
Right?
Hope I'm not mixing the latin words already *facepalm*
cheesy

No you are not mixing up the latin words. And yes, an empiricist actually believes learned knowledge takes priority over unlearned knowledge in drawing definite conclusions about the nature of things. Actually, I used to prefer rationalist thinking more. But things can change fairly gradually over time.

grin Thank you! I'd favor fluidity and spontaneity any time cool
See that emboldened and purpled?
It's a heart's cry.
I don't wanna settle down with just anybody or someone who'd eventually become toxic, killing this light within me.
Everyone desires a security of sorts in their would be mate.
Some money, others emotional, others physical etc
Mine's what you've outlined above, albeit in different words.
I really am not the type to praise people quickly. Trust me, I'm not. But I still must admit that your kind is very rare. Your thinking is so un-Nigerian, yet Nigerian all at the same time. Up until now, I have always met women who existed on both sides of this divide. You, on the other hand, sit right there in the middle and make yourself a perfect spouse for the religious and non-religious alike. The only thing I can pin this down to is your open heart.

On other notes, I actually have a lot of questions for you. I could ask them here, if you want. But I'd prefer to send a PM and talk to you privately, if that's okay. smiley
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
Ymodulus:
thanks Ymodulus. I actually enjoyed your input!

On the point you disagreed, I really might just agree with you after all. Nevertheless, while reason could be incredible and liberating, it's also imperative to note that one could be so carried away by reason and eventually become the same rigid, "religiously" indoctrinated bigot one is attempting to stay away from. Atheists are quick to criticize religious zealots because they see that unwavering, unyielding stand in them, yet the same atheists do not pause for a moment to observe that they may also be falling into the same pit.

I'm actually an atheist, myself. Mostly, I think. But at the same time, I make all attempts to keep an open mind so as not to become like the same zealot I try to caution.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Forte by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
Xcapist: Like Phillip said, or ahmm, goofyone (since I have not been 'initiated' into the first name circle, yet) it's very rare to find a Nigerian lady with your kind of worldview and I really wonder why that is. Mizmycoli do you have any explanation? How did you get your christian faith so "messed up"? tongue and why do many of your naija sisters lag behind?
Well... cool
Re: The Forte by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
And MizMyColi, this "Forte" is a very good idea. I never really found Nairaland interesting, and didn't expect that ideas such as these could be flying around on this so Nigerian forum.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Nigeria Adult Forum Hookup Zone On Bbm / February Born ''the LUV Month'' Lets Meet Here / People Who Should Be Twins On Romance Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.