Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,694 members, 7,837,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis (29235 Views)

Zara John: "I Miss My Boko Haram Husband Who Impregnated Me" / Boko Haram Negotiator Stephen Davis Opens Up Again / To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by Djicemob: 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
Acidosis:
Rumours are not to be refuted.
Since when do we start taking rumours brewed by opposition(El rufai etc) for selfish gains seriously?

3 Likes

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by Worksunlimited: 1:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
I find it extremely hard to believe that 1 white man would foolhardedly waltz his way: without any combatant training, to a place where black men are running away from, and speak to the people (boko haram) causing the unruly commotion just like dat..

I suspect CIA and all these secret mission covert ops peeps being involved in this tactical plot to hoodwink the nigerian populace...

This Davis story has being tactically edited to suit the listening pleasure of the nigerian masses IMO.. But they forget that before the whitemen came, the nigerian men have being able to differentiate a bull from its shit..

*Crossing my leg and sipping some cold fresh palmwine*

2 Likes

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by amtalkin(f): 1:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
Acidosis:

But you believe the allegation against Borno ex-governor because he's Hausa. Right?
Apart frm the fact that he has been linked with BH in the past, we all knw Northerners knw 1 or 2 things about BH

1 Like

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by Orikinla(m): 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
[size=28pt]If Ihejirika is not a suspect, then why did GEJ replace him?
What of the other generals who were implicated as accomplices of Boko Haram?
Why did GEJ say that Boko Haram has infiltrated his government?
The white guy is not lying.
Many of those attacking Stephen Davis here are errand boys of the sponsors of Boko Haram.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
SHAMES ON Shameless Yoruba BH and APC apologists in the Forum

1 Like

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
Orikinla: [size=28pt]If Ihejirika is not a suspect, then why did GEJ replace him?
Many of those attacking Stephen Davis here are errand boys of the sponsors of Boko Haram.
[/size]

Because you are the Biggest FOOL in Nairaland..... ediota , he was not replaced, he was retired after two years extension...BTW, is this the real Orikinla

2 Likes

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by Acidosis(m): 1:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
amtalkin:
Apart frm the fact that he has been linked with BH in the past, we all knw Northerners knw 1 or 2 things about BH

And Military officers don't...?

1 Like

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by Kashif(m): 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
He was not hired by Nigeria for sure, but by the West!! Purely diversionary.

1 Like

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by Acidosis(m): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
Orikinla: [size=28pt]If Ihejirika is not a suspect, then why did GEJ replace him?
[/size]
Basic Truth

I was ashamed of my dear country on seeing the spokeperson for SSS, Marilyn Ogar, denying the allegations against Ihejirika because according to her, Ihejirika was a performing and active officer who fought boko haram.

1 Like

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by amtalkin(f): 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
PointB: In summary:

1. Stephen Davis was a freelancer,
2. He was not engaged by anyone (make this X 2)
3. He has no scoop on Ihejirika, other than knowing his name
4. His information on Sherrif is more or less what we all know, he said nothing new about Sherrif and Boko Haram formative years
5. His opinion on opposition support for boko haram is same as what 'we' have been saying - gaining presidency through terror- nothing new here.
6. Sponsors of Boko Haram cannot control them if they win election. Sherrif is a living witness of that
7. Boko Haram have several commanders (who doesn't know that?)
8. Boko Haram commanders told him everything
9. These commander names were not mentioned (but their sponsors name are easy to say)
10. Some Boko Haram commanders will surrender, and release the girls, and give us the names of their other sponsor, if the mentioned sponsors are arrested (I fitn't laugh)

My opinion is simple, Mr. Stephen Davis is an attention seeker, who probably is looking for job!
Nigerians dey vex me! I tot we were wise and smart, Why will Nigerians believe this white man? Why on earth will BH tell you their sponsors? Most terrorists are known nerve to release the names of their sponsors even if they are being threaten with death.

1 Like

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by rigarmortis: 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
This Stephen Davies should be quarantined; i think he is even deadlier than Patrick sawyer, i wonder why the border patrol allows all sorts of loonies into the country.

Before he said ihejirika ia a sponsor, now the opposition wants to undermined the present administration by supporting book, is ihejirika a member of the opposition?

This is sheer madness, it goes to show how low some Politicians would sink just to score some cheap points, any dog with a brain should have seen the futility of trying to make sense of what this guy is saying, but vultures must converge on a corpse, its their nature, i am not for any party here, just pointing out some things i find so disgusting pertaining to naija politics.

1 Like

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by martvel(m): 2:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
That man is a freaky lying motherfucker who is really playing dirty politics on the minds of Nigerians. Hope this is not APC, PDP Things again undecided
Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by YoungDaNaval(m): 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
Both That White Guy And All The Names He Mentioned Are Suspects! They Should To Investigated! #my2cent.
Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by soludo93(m): 2:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
This trash called interview isn't court worthy. I think that this man shouldn't be taking seriously. Whosoever that contracted him is merely looking for a cheap political gain.
Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by Spiritualj: 2:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
na stori una dey find na rublish dem just dey use dar sef catch trips no be us
Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by deeobserver209(m): 2:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
SuperMartins: I didn't av to read dis thread b4 commenting...We av to be careful with all dis white pple..they re been paid by d World powers to put dis Nation in a terrible state...they want Nigeria to cave-in but I think we(Nigerians) re smater than all dis,We know d USA aint our friend...all they do is pretend to help but silently destabilise dat particular nation...we shuldnt fall for their cheap tricks oo...they aint our friends...Nigeria mxt stand cos I love my country oo,asin...I love NIGERIA!!

Exactly. I pity those people who took this guy seriously. He's very controversial. It's obvious Davis has an ulterior motive. I bet this guy only took advantage of the Chibok saga to lunch himself into Boko Haram activities. I won't be surprise if Davis himself is an undercover agent with dual citizenship supplying arms to Boko Haram under the cover of a Negotiator.
Indeed Most of these western countries are not our friends.

1 Like

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by EugeneGee4(m): 3:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
Eldavido1:

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/boko-haram-saga-negotiator-stephen-davis/

please this guy shoul tell us what we don't know.......cos I already know most of this sh****t he just spoke about...
Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by jesussaves22: 3:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
[/size]
MAKE THUNDER WITH HEAVY STORM FIRE YOUR LINEAGE. FOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
tonychristopher:

and some stupid idi.ots takes this man serious, a stupid aussie looking for relevance. now they will shut up...but wait a minute, how do logical minded people even think that boko haram will disclose their source of funding...

the aussie went and asked the islamist, abeg who dey give una money, shekau said na ihejrika and ex governor, he left..just like that. i laugh

people can be so daft to believe him, cos he is a white man, i am ashamed of Nigerians

shame on Nigerians that doesnt think
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by sleekymag(m): 3:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
Funny thing is I haven't seen the APC apologists on nairaland here who were quick to condemn Ihejirika and the GEJ administration in the other thread when Elrufai blew this thing up, comment on this thread so far (3 pages already). Berem, Omenka and the likes seem to have gone into hiding.

What most of us know is the political opposition to GEJ, those who have promised to make this country ungovernable have funded and supported BH with logistics and arms over time. God pass Devil anytime.

1 Like

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by hansad: 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ihejrika connection on sponsorship of Boko Haram? Simple to understand: Ihejirika-led army decimated Boko Haram fighters. That made more sharia-rule sympatisers join Boko Haram. Ihejirika must be top on hitlist of Boko Haram. Since Ihejirika left, Boko Haram has been having a field day, now advance deep into Nigeria southward.
Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by deeobserver209(m): 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
Acidosis:

The point is: lets put sentiments aside. Any accused person should be investigated.

I understand the point you are trying to make and you are right. Anyone could be a sponsor of Boko Haram and as such, if accuse must at least be investigated for the sake of fairness and justice. There should be no secret cows in the matters of investigation and prosecution of terrorist sponsors. That I agree with completely.
However, in this scenario the situation is somehow awkward.

First of all, the Australian was never commissioned nor was he recruited by the Federal Government to act as a Negotiator for the release of Chibok girls. He just set out on his own.

Secondly, after making some few contacts with God knows who, he revealed his findings to the international press on his own accord in Australia. Not Nigeria.
Governments the world over cannot just start investigating an individual based on accusations somebody made on a TV interview without even any form of hard evidence to back it up. If evidence were available against Ihejirika, the right thing he (The Australian) should have done is to approach the Nigerian Government or the Nigerian Security Agencies to present his case. But he did not. This shows that he had nothing to back up his allegations. To accuse someone of terrorism is not a joke! It is a very serious accusation!! Overwhelming evidence is must to open up a case of terrorism against an individual.
Imagine somebody from Belgium granting TV interviews in Spain accusing Gen Colin Powell of the United States for sponsoring IRA rebels of Britain. I tell you no person in the United States will take him seriously. Government business are not done on Media nor pages of Newspapers.

You see why it's easy to dismiss the allegations against Ihejirika. The Australian clearly has no evidence otherwise he would have approach the Nigerian security officials.

As for Alimodu Sherrif, his own case is different because he dealt with Boko Haram group in the past before they transform into monters. Even before Davis made his accusations lots of Nigerians viewed him (Alimodu Sherrif) as a possible Boko Haram member.

1 Like

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by ElekeNtioba: 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
I have said this more than I can remember.......Boko Haram is the creation of elements of Northern Elite to discredit, disparage and denigrate the current administration and force the return of power to the North. Their intention was to create an atmosphere of chaos and intimidate Jonathan. This creation has meta-morphosed into a hydra-headed monster that got out of hand and is now working on its own agenda. The initial funding and support for Boko Haram came from politicians embedded in the present APC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by PHfinest(m): 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
Eldavido1:

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/boko-haram-saga-negotiator-stephen-davis/

By Soni Daniel

I first met Dr. Stephen Davis at the American Centre for Strategic and International Studies, Washington, in June 2009. At that time, the Australian was assisting the Federal Government of Nigeria to broker peace with the irate Niger Delta militants, who had taken up arms against the administration and almost rendered its oil-dependent economy comatose through oil theft, destruction of facilities and kidnapping of oil workers.

We lost contact until I got to know that he had been involved in the effort to free the Chibok girls. Some other reports claimed he was hired by government to negotiate with Boko Haram.
However, in this interview, Davies makes it clear he was never engaged by the Nigerian government to dialogue with the sect.

Excerpts of the interview:

What do you have to show that you were engaged by the Nigerian government to negotiate with Boko Haram?

I was not engaged by the Federal Government of Nigeria, any state government or any other party. I went to Nigeria in late April in an effort to facilitate a handover of the Chibok captives after discussing such a possibility with former commanders of JAS (Jama’atu Ahlul Sunnah Lih Da’awa wal Jihad otherwise known as JAS) and others close to Boko Haram.

Why did you release the report of your assignment to the media instead of sending it to government?

I did not construct a report of my efforts in Nigeria. As I said earlier, I was not engaged by any party and therefore had no obligation to report to anyone

Some Nigerians find it curious that you decided to give your report only to Arise TV, owned by a Nigerian, Nduka Obiagbena, who also owns Thisday Newspapers and may be sympathetic to some politicians in Nigeria.

I gave a radio interview to the ABC in Australia which subsequently told me that after the transcript was posted to their online site, it had been picked up in the UK and Sky News requested an interview. In the hope of bringing attention to the many other girls and boys kidnapped by Boko Haram, I agreed to a television interview. That interview took place in Channel 7 studios in Australia and it was at that point that I was told it was an interview with Arise TV. I had not heard of Arise TV and did not know it was owned by a Nigerian or indeed that it had any association with Nigeria. At the time of giving the TV interview, I was of the understanding that it would be broadcast by Sky News in the UK.

On Mr Obiagbena, I have not met him or ever been contacted by him.

Many Nigerians find it extremely difficult to understand how the former Chief of the Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Ihejirika, who actually fought Boko Haram elements and was accused of genocide could be linked with sponsoring the violent group.

It is much easier to understand Mr Sheriff’s alleged association with Boko Haram than any association of Mr Ihejirika. Mr Sheriff was said to have a long history of promoting groups to assist in his past efforts to win the governorship of Borno State.

On 29 July 2009, there was a confrontation with security officers at Mamudo Village, along Potiskum/Damaturu Road, Yobe. 33 JAS members were killed. Later that night, there was a long battle with combined security operatives at Railway Terminus, Maiduguri, Borno State. Scores were killed and the JAS operational base was destroyed. Yusuf was subsequently captured by the military and handed over to the police.

The JAS alleged that it was on Sheriff’s orders that Yusuf was executed in Maiduguri on 30 July 2009. Shekau was presumed killed in the same battle and a corpse was identified as that of Shekau. Thus the remaining JAS leaders made it clear their intention was to kill Sheriff and so it is right that Sheriff claims he is a victim of JAS. The Boko Haram we see today is not the JAS that was operational under Yusuf. Shekau emerged in mid-2010 and publicly claimed the leadership of a reinvigorated JAS.

Shekau formed Ansaru which he used for kidnapping and beheading victims. This behaviour was a major departure from the original mandate of the JAS which was to purify Islam and return it to the behaviour example in the life of the Prophet. Many among the JAS leadership are no longer active and others have been killed. This has allowed Shekau to take the JAS to more extreme action and expanded the kidnapping, bombing and slaughtering.

The Boko Haram we have today is a much expanded Ansaru. What we see now is not the Yusufiya which wanted very much to settle scores with Sheriff. It is Boko Haram as a partner to ISIS and Al Shabaab.

Now I will offer an opinion as to the motives of the sponsors of Boko Haram. The political sponsors of Boko Haram seem to think that they can use Boko Haram to terrorise Nigeria to demonstrate that the current government cannot ensure the security of Nigerian citizens both Muslim and Christian. Therein the sponsors assume they can undermine any efforts of the current government to be re-elected in 2015.

Herein lies the flaw for the conflict and instability currently being fanned suits the aims of Al Qa’eda and the architects of terrorism. Should the sponsors of Boko Haram win government in 2015, they will likely find that they cannot turn Boko Haram off or that Boko Haram will demand control of at least Borno State in return for reducing their attacks. Borno State may be just the beginning of an expanding caliphate.

Several Boko Haram commanders and other persons close to and respected by Boko Haram have told me the names of some of the sponsors of Boko Haram. They have also described how some funds are transferred and arms made available. I have made public some of that information. I have also been told by some commanders that if one of the sponsors is arrested, they will surrender, release the girls and give information on the sponsors. Not all Boko Haram commanders will follow this lead but it may be a firm step towards dismantling or at least isolating Boko Haram.

[size=13pt]Boko Haram just named all the people that are blocking their way and this Aussie P00 is too daft to understand.
I also see some Nairalanders yarning Okpata in support or in defense.
Common sense really no dey common.
To the extent of saying ....arrest our sponsors and we will surrender... Kai, I laugh in Japanese[/size]

1 Like

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by hansad: 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
Acidosis:

But you believe the allegation against Borno ex-governor because he's Hausa. Right?

Where did Boko Haram originate from if not from north? Remember about three years ago, some people, perhaps like you, even said that Boko Haram fighters were Igbos.
Even a reasonable primary 1 pupil will have no reason to believe that Ihejirika man could sponsor Boko Haram. But these APC people that want Aso Rock by hook and crook went to town spreading the belief that a soldier whose military formation fought back and confined Boko Haram to the forests was Boko Haram sponsor.

3 Likes

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by Forwetinnah: 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
Acidosis:

Abegii! Why won't you all accused Davies? He has been on this for sooo long;
If he had mentioned Hausa names ONLY, I'm very sure most of you would worship him!

Same way you'll somersault for joy if MEND or southern names were mentioned. ..raba deidei ne

1 Like

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by shizzleStar: 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
Goddex: [size=15pt]"The political sponsors of Boko Haram seem to think that they can use Boko Haram to terrorise Nigeria to demonstrate that the current government cannot ensure the security of Nigerian citizens both Muslim and Christian. Therein the sponsors assume they can undermine any efforts of the current government to be re-elected in 2015".[/size] - stephen Davies (The Boko Haram Australian Negotiator)

Over to APC and so-called Northern Leaders
Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by shizzleStar: 5:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
PHfinest:

[size=13pt]Boko Haram just named all the people that are blocking their way and this Aussie P00 is too daft to understand.
I also see some Nairalanders yarning Okpata in support or in defense.
Common sense really no dey common.
To the extent of saying ....arrest our sponsors and we will surrender
... Kai, I laugh in Japanese[/size]

1 Like

Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by PreacherMAN1: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
northerners in PDP and APC are guilty when it comes to boko haram.
btw i don't trust the Australian
#Preach

[color=#770077][/color]
Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
Something isn't right!! I see a lot of half truths. Someone's lying but who is? undecided
Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by wetin7: 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
Dear God, please save our country from this evil.
Re: My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis by ifedun2: 7:18pm On Sep 08, 2014
He came to Nigeria in April after discussions with former commanders of JAS,many of whom he admitted had been killed while those lucky to be alive have no grip of the new 'devilish'BH.
So on whose authority is he carrying out his assignment now?Who is he reporting to?
And why has the FG kept sealed lips from when this man was first linked with it?
Something is not right here.
Am seriously beginning to fear for this country o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos-Ibadan Rail: Don't Just Sit, Follow Us & Burst Our Lies Or Truth - Amaechi / Enugu Airport: Emejulu Demolished Our Property After Demanding 15M - Landlords / Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.