Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? (35805 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Who Goes For Omugo 1st. / My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? by singlesconnect: 5:38am On Sep 09, 2014
Serious minded ladies desirous of settling down as soon as possible should link up. A man ready for marriage wants to meet you.

The lady must be focussed.
Ambitious
Between 25 and 29
From any tribe but must be accommodating and in tune with Yoruba culture a bit.
Be ready to settle down and understands what the marriage institution is.

If you are the lucky Lady, send your details to. Singlemates4u@gmail.com and trust us to do the linking!

Singles Connect
Re: Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? by Bluemetal: 6:58am On Sep 09, 2014
cool shocked

kiss

LADIES & GENTS,

Come on Board and lets all talk, relationships, romance, social stigma, social issues, widow treatment, inspiration, marrying young, Igbo men marry too old.

Form your topic and come post. Our site is for you.

On Igbo modern development. Your insights, opinions and contributions needed urgently and would like you to join our group. Be a part, Contact me by text for further details 09033130321
Re: Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? by emeraldoe(f): 7:06am On Sep 09, 2014
FADEO:
Your boys.......your husband and your son. I initially said regards to your kids. Lol. Enjoy the rest of your week.
lol

1 Like

Re: Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? by bdcool: 7:18am On Sep 09, 2014
your post is directing we readers toward accepting that the husband's mum is most suitable for the task...however,the wife's mum is the better choice for the task because it could involve cleansing of the private parts of the new mother(ie the mum's daughhter).
Re: Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? by Tracyzee: 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
Wife's mum, until deceased. Its always the mother of the wife
Re: Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? by akiOYIBO: 9:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
liliana: @ poster

Does anyone really need either? Things are changing fast and most mothers or mothers-in-law are quite busy these days by the time they become grandparents for the first time.

Besides, I have my husband with me. He will take care of me with support from both mothers!

My thoughts and opinion!

ur thought and opinion? Lazy one.
Re: Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? by soulglo: 12:15am On Sep 10, 2014
bdcool: your post is directing we readers toward accepting that the husband's mum is most suitable for the task...however,the wife's mum is the better choice for the task because it could involve cleansing of the private parts of the new mother(ie the mum's daughhter).

What's this cleansing of the private part. Why do you need another human bring to wash your as5
Re: Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? by Nobody: 3:29am On Dec 01, 2014
egopersonified:

Seconded, thirded and infinity-ed.
Most husband's mothers expects the woman to even take care of her even from the first day of getting home from the hospital and expects the wife to treat her as a visitor who has come to enjoy the fruits of her son's labour.
grin grin grin that's excertly how my MIL does her things, she's too lazy and complains a lot. When I delivered my first baby, she came after my mum had gone. During my mum's stay, she does the cooking, washing, bathing and the rest, I had that quality time to rest. But when my MIL came, oh my good f*cking a*se, I exsursted those rest in just a day! All she does is to take her bath and wait for food and then complain that I cooked with more meat and fish. She wouldn't even wake up at night to carry baby when he cries, she's always sleeping and anorring like a big fat cow grin. Thanks to my hubby, he is one in a million. He does the things which his mum couldn't do for me. He always give me a helping hand. Each time my MIL does her things and got me irritated, my hubby does his own things and before I knw it, we would be laughing like hyena. You don't espect me to allow her type to visit when am newly delivered, my mum is always there for me. Even this one I delivered thru cs, my mum is still here with us. because of my hubby sometimes I do missed his mum, but when she comes, I would wish she goes in two days lol. Nawaa for some MILs o!

3 Likes

Re: Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? by aameyah(f): 1:50am On Apr 11, 2016
Bump!
Re: Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? by diva90: 2:45am On Apr 15, 2016
Omugwo is for the woman's mother to do, the only time the man's mother does omugwo is if the woman's mother is late or she's unable to attend for reasons that are beyond control. However the man's parents come and visit but it's not really considered omugwo

1 Like

Re: Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? by Lilimax(f): 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2023
Omugo cool cool cool
simply means someone is Foolish

(in yoruba)
It is not Omugo? But Omugwo.
The wife's mum comes first for the Omugwo. It is her duty and non negotiable except she's not available.
In this case, the mother in- law can be invited later. It is not her duty originally
Re: Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? by Acidosis(m): 6:03pm On Oct 04, 2023
Both of them will come and stay for as long as they want. I don't do rules and regulations to manage my home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Abandons Hubby In Jail, Dumps Baby In Orphanage, Moves In With 4th Man (pi / The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady / Nigerian Lady Surprises Her Mother After Years Of Not Seeing Her, She's Her Mom'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.