Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain (95127 Views)

Why Do Women Wear Ankle Chains...? / Does A Woman Wearing An Ankle Bracelet Mean Something? / Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Idowuogbo(f): 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
I b confam ashawo ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by chlowi(f): 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
claremont: The African continent will never develop with the mentality being displayed by most of the people on this thread. How can a supposedly well-lettered human being say that the wearing of an ankle chain is a reflection of the character of a person?! So it's okay to wear a neck chain, wrist chain e.t.c, but it's not okay to wear something similar on your ankle?!

It is the response from these kind of threads that make westerners view Africa as an under-developed continent.

A. Million likes

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by generalissimo(m): 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
AfricanApple: okay maybe for those u have met. but for those I have come across, some of them are decent enough
O yeah! Decent enough for u. Decency is judged around moderacy. You aint decent if u cant sacrifice trending fashion style for ur dignity. Ankle chain my black ass.

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Idydarling(f): 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
[quote
author=KelvinGraphics]
How do U know they aint prostitutes... Do U think being a prostitute is
when she rents a room in a brothel??

Well, i will stop seeing them as prostitute when there is a common way
of identifying prostitutes (them no dey write ashi 4 face na)[/quote]

der is no way u'll c an ashi and not know!

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by MsNas(f): 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
MissMeiya:

I'm sure they already do. Nigerians focus on the wrong things.
Don't mind us. Na we dey sin pass, and we are also hypocrites of the highest order! If i wear ankle chain and you don't like it....Well. sucks for you cos you're views are inconsequential. As long as my parents aren't forbidding me to wear it and Oga doesn't care.. I'm in the clear grin

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by nepp(f): 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
AFRICANS....*sigh*

That's all I can say. I give up!

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
MsNas:
Don't mind us. Na we dey sin pass, and we are also hypocrites of the highest order! If i wear ankle chain and you don't like it....Well. sucks for you cos you're views are inconsequential. As long as my parents aren't forbidding me to wear it and Oga doesn't care.. I'm in the clear grin

I'm beginning to wonder if "hypocrisy" is not our culture. That's is, just "hypocrisy". I just effing tire.

4 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by MsNas(f): 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
Idowuogbo: I b confam ashawo ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lmaoo. Me too, cos I'm getting me an ankle chain today today grin

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by kreamidiva(f): 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
AfricanApple: imagine d stupidity and foolishness of d security guys.

u Berra don't wear it again if ur husband says no, he wont be comfortable walking around with u. lol

grin grin grin abi o. As people would say I'm a prostitute. Lol...
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Donbabaj: 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
I remember a lady friend of mine who told me that she would put on an ankle chain and my face expression was like undecided i enquired further on the reason why she wants to put it on all she told me was i just like it of cause i know she is definitely neither a lesbian nor a prostitute cos i have known her for years.

most Nigerian ladies usually wear it just for fashion just like tattoo and piercings and is all because of what Nigerians call "copy copy" or "i must to belong". Though, seems to mean like a prostitute in the eyes of many!!!

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Melahou(m): 8:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
No accent and responsible person Wld want 2 do dat...
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by LilPeezy(m): 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
Ma gf is addicted to it wella....she is not a lez nor prosti.....she is fuckin so onpoint buh is been a while allow me flow in sha.....so am beginning to suspect her
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by chlowi(f): 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
MissMeiya:

FĂșck you right back.

grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
I don't see anything wrong in it as long as the girls using it have pretty legs. It makes them look sexy though. cool

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
najoke: lesbian ko...ashewo ni....my wife has been wearing the lovely thing before i married her, i make sure she does not leave the house without it.
.........in fact I plan to get her the waist one. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Keep deceiving them u heargrin....when u give birth to ur daughter, pls make sure u get her an ankle chain and also take her to an artist to put a nice tattoo, they are very fashionable and will make her look like Kim Kardashian u heargringrin wicked guysgrin

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by AfricanApple(f): 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
EmpressaDelRei:
Hahahahahahaha! I wear ankle chains and I love them! Who is feeding you with all that bunkum about it being worn by prostitutes? That's a silly notion..
well u can see for yourself d mindset of people towards it with the posts above
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by themmydhayhor(m): 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
MzNelly:
You forgot to mention that they don't put on make-up or wear extensions/attachment. They are virgins and have never kissed a man, talk less of crushing on one. They don't wear pants or go out. They go to church every Sunday. They wear skirts reaching their ankles. They are married and spent their entire lives in the kitchen.
That is the mark of a decent lady, no?

Buh na only dream u fit find a decent girl oooooooooogringringringringrin
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by ghettodreamz(m): 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
ASHEWO is the word better suited to define such people, IMO. However, from personal observations, I have seen grown ups, adult married women, aged people wearing it, in order to complement their beauty. If this is doing more good than harm to them remains a question which could be best answered by only them.

Whatever your taste of fashion is, the word MODESTY should always be your watchword, don't overdo things so as to prevent sending a wrong vibe or negative impressions about your personality. First impression matters a lot and it sticks for a long time. grin

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by duni04(m): 8:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
I think everyone knows ankle chains have a sexual meaning and its not just a nigerian thing. But these days people who don't even know the sexual reference wear them.

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
Wolison: hmm....though, it's the wrong notion that had flown into the air and it would be hard to curtail that shaaaa
But, though, I do find it attractive but our tradition abhors that but left with me,
I love that!!
Forget my initial comment; I did that to know if I would wrestle space for front page......but u don see where I dey now naaa!!!(2nd page)lols
LOL, i Can see dat..
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Articul8(m): 8:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
I wsh somebdy is reading dis or will read dis. 4 dose who claim dt its nothing,dt decent girls even piece everywia and wear it, That means u like Charle Boy. He's decent too. U like ur fada to look dt way?

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Unikman: 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
Dear "NAIRA-LANDERS", if I can recollect, it is, a symbol of GIRLS who are suffering from OGBANJE spirit. The Native Doctors, prepare CHARMS with the CHAINS and ask the OGBANJE GIRLS to wear them, on their feet; to ward off the EVIL SPIRITS. Those days, it was, BRONZE CHAINS;

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
AfricanApple: well u can see for yourself d mindset of people towards it with the posts above
that's their cup of cocoa. Jewelleries are ornamental.

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Eyop: 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
DailyNews: No sane Nigerian guy from a responsible family background with living parents would marry such a lady, but as for dating- sure many guys would date them.

Had a very pretty cousin who just woke up one day and started wearing it, until I saw it and sat her down and talked sense into her goat head, and immediately she stopped. Pls guys try and be advising your sisters for good becos some of them are ignorant of their actions, that's d best way to change our women for good not by talking online alone while enjoying their foolery in real life.
God bless you my brother.

6 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by greggng: 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
Any girl with that chain on her ankle is evil. They will steal ur luck and report their progress to the ocultic sect they belong to. Don't even near them. I removed one of the chains from a lady and I placed it on the fire to burn cos I suspected the lady must ve used it to hipnotise me. To my surprise it was snake that came out of the fire. Pls beware of such girls

5 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Niseamaka(m): 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
najoke: lesbian ko...ashewo ni....my wife has been wearing the lovely thing before i married her, i make sure she does not leave the house without it.
.........in fact I plan to get her the waist one. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Me too buddy, I adore it on my wife, I've personally bought it a few times for her.

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by kreamidiva(f): 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
Wolison: hmm....though, it's the wrong notion that had flown into the air and it would be hard to curtail that shaaaa
But, though, I do find it attractive but [b]our tradition abhors that [/b]but left with me,
I love that!!
Forget my initial comment; I did that to know if I would wrestle space for front page......but u don see where I dey now naaa!!!(2nd page)lols

Biko which tradition are we talking about here? Women wear beads on their ankles in my father's village especially when they are getting married. It's our tradition. U must wear it on your ankle and plenty jigida on ur waist.

In fact, i know one knight in our church that used it as his own engagement ring to his wife. There is nothing the CWO of our cathedral haven't done to make her remove it. She simply refused,stating that it's her own engagement ring and asked the other women to remove their engagement rings!

She still wears it till tomorrow...

5 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by KelvinGraphics(m): 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
Idydarling:

der is no way u'll c an ashi and not know!
Maybe U r talking about low class Ashi be dat na.. Maybe d ones in Ajegunlegrin

Go Abuja 4 example u go know xay some ashi look and dress even more decent in the day time than some Choir members...

It is called *Packaging*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by slimzypink(f): 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
I wud soon get tongue piercing tongue in addition to the nose piercing I have shikenna
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by duni04(m): 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
greggng: Any girl with that chain on her ankle is evil. They will steal ur luck and report their progress to the ocultic sect they belong to. Don't even near them. I removed one of the chains from a lady and I placed it on the fire to burn cos I suspected the lady must ve used it to hipnotise me. To my surprise it was snake that came out of the fire. Pls beware of such girls
grin grin
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by KelvinGraphics(m): 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
Idowuogbo: I b confam ashawo ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Aunty don start o cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Gagason(m): 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
Well its a matter of personal opinion to mi it doesn't mean nothing .its just fashion .like eyebrows, attachments, makeups etc....in fact I love it on ladies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Come in for your excellently clean Uk(London) grade AA bales of clothes and bags / Mr Nairaland 2016 - Grand Finale / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Elimination Round 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.