Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain (95139 Views)

Why Do Women Wear Ankle Chains...? / Does A Woman Wearing An Ankle Bracelet Mean Something? / Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Youngzedd(m): 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
AfricanApple:
for those I've seen who wears it, most of them are decent girls, so how come

Go and check the meaning of the word "decent".

That chain has more to do than prostitution.

Pastors in the house can explain deeper.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by daben1(m): 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
AfricanApple: hmmm, seriously? could be true but do u have evidence dat they are lesbians or is it just heresy
lesbians back lesbians UP!
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by AfricanApple(f): 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
Donbabaj: I remember a lady friend of mine who told me that she would put on an ankle chain and my face expression was like undecided i enquired further on the reason why she wants to put it on all she told me was i just like it of cause i know she is definitely neither a lesbian nor a prostitute cos i have known her for years.

most Nigerian ladies usually wear it just for fashion just like tattoo and piercings and is all because of what Nigerians call "copy copy" or "i must to belong". Though, seems to mean like a prostitute in the eyes of many!!!
u said copy copy and yet ankle beads is among our African cultural dress

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Idowuogbo(f): 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
MsNas:
Lmaoo. Me too, cos I'm getting me an ankle chain today today grin
You like this one? Asewo Swagz grin

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
themmydhayhor:

Buh na only dream u fit find a decent girl oooooooooogringringringringrin
This whole decent girl thing is overrated.
"Charm may be false and prettiness may be in vain. But praised be the woman who fears Jah"

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by roymary: 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
Ankle chains are sexy as Fúck!

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Idrismusty97(m): 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
greggng: Any girl with that chain on her ankle is evil. They will steal ur luck and report their progress to the ocultic sect they belong to. Don't even near them. I removed one of the chains from a lady and I placed it on the fire to burn cos I suspected the lady must ve used it to hipnotise me. To my surprise it was snake that came out of the fire. Pls beware of such girls
Yaba left alert!!

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by AfricanApple(f): 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2014
daben1: lesbians back lesbians UP!
who cares

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by kskpoundz(m): 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
Dose wu put it on ar only seekn 4 atention.does it add to deir beauty or it maks it luk worse?can any guy here alow his wife or spouse were it??
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by themmydhayhor(m): 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
MzNelly:
This whole decent girl thing is overrated.
"Charm may be false and prettiness may be in vain. But praised be the woman who fears Jah"

Even armed robber's fear JAH

gringringringringrin
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by MsNas(f): 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
greggng: Any girl with that chain on her ankle is evil. They will steal ur luck and report their progress to the ocultic sect they belong to. Don't even near them. I removed one of the chains from a lady and I placed it on the fire to burn cos I suspected the lady must ve used it to hipnotise me. To my surprise it was snake that came out of the fire. Pls beware of such girls
Hmmmm! Àkíìkà!! cheesy

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by generalissimo(m): 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
Odilafta: I love ankle chains but that it's been worn by prostitutes is a misconception that made me stop wearing it..I see it as fashion and I think one should wear what one wants
So what's d big deal being a prostitute? You dont wanna be identified as one? Oops! Well, if u dont mind their fashion sense, u shdnt mind their tag also.... grin I'm drunk of eva table water...dont mind me grin

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
POC...Ankle beads for our festivals
MissMeiya:

Are you rétarded? So you didn't know we wore ankle beads before the whites came?

Look at my people. They have the ideals of medieval Europeans, but they think they are being African.

I'm sure you will say certain dresses are un-African because they do not cover enough skin.

The psychological rápe of a continent.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by moneyhungry(m): 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
MissMeiya:

1. No one asked you where you are. I certainly didn't.
2. Am I lost, or is this a forum and thread about Nigeria? Why is that the standard excuse for everything in Nigeria? "It's not just Nigeria that has corruption, so leave am." "Is it only Nigeria that has terrorists? Make una leave us." Can we forget about other countries, please and fix ourselves?

And for the love of God, stop cursing America in every unrelated fucking thing. Did America colonize you and strip you of your culture and independence, before handing it back to you, economically disadvantaged and screwed, with a political structure teetering towards collapse and the majority of the country's economy dominated by foreign countries? If you have to curse someone, curse the UK. Remember them? The ones who tried to screwed every country it colonized, including the US?
firstly, I had to reveal that I'm not in Nigeria to 'clear' myself cuz your previous response put a 'Nigerian societal' tag on me.
secondly, I had to mention the US cuz someone was trying to use the US as a standard unit of measurement in all aspects of life which is plain weird.
colonize you?. sounds like I'm Nigerian and you're not.
I blame Nigeria for Nigeria's problems, I don't give a fvck about the US.
I hope you get a medal for azzlicking the US cuz last time I checked, even the full AA's are still fighting for equality.
mike Brown would agree with me.

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by nepp(f): 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
slimzypink: I wud soon get tongue piercing tongue in addition to the nose piercing I have shikenna
Nice. I love piercings. cheesy
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
Even the devil is surprised at this lie! Sorry oh!!!!

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Unikman: 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
Dear "NAIRA-LANDERS", if I can recollect, it is, a symbol of GIRLS who are suffering from OGBANJE spirit. The Native Doctors, prepare CHARMS with the CHAINS and ask the OGBANJE GIRLS to wear them, on their feet; to ward off the EVIL SPIRITS. Those days, it was, BRONZE CHAINS; but these days, they were Gold, Silver, Bronze and even Alluminium chains. Never-the-less, all na, "ABIKU" runs. cool shocked cool
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by lexrichy(m): 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
If worn on the right anklet this is just a signal
that she is sexy flirty onl
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by MsNas(f): 8:50pm On Sep 07, 2014
Idowuogbo:
You like this one? Asewo Swagz grin
Me sef go upload mines soon. Make I look for something to wrap around my ankle first grin grin

PS: I Loveee those sneakers of yours kiss

Modified: Hehe. That's a picture of my own anklet too. I had to improvise tho. Na my neck chain I use, grin grin So now I be ogbonge ashawo!

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by duni04(m): 8:51pm On Sep 07, 2014
MissMeiya:

Are you rétarded? So you didn't know we wore ankle beads before the whites came?

Look at my people. They have the ideals of medieval Europeans, but they think they are being African.

I'm sure you will say certain dresses are un-African because they do not cover enough skin.

The psychological rápe of a continent.
The thread title says ankle chain not beads, and yes they do have a sexual origin.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by najoke: 8:51pm On Sep 07, 2014
DailyNews: Keep deceiving them u heargrin....when u give birth to ur daughter, pls make sure u get her an ankle chain and also take her to an artist to put a nice tattoo, they are very fashionable and will make her look like Kim Kardashian u heargringrin wicked guysgrin
^
what is this caveman yapping about, i rather have a daughter who is confident with her body and look, who sees herself as the prettiest girl in the world than a daughter who feels ugly and inferior among her peers.

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Wolison(m): 8:51pm On Sep 07, 2014
kreamidiva:

Biko which tradition are we talking about here? Women wear beads on their ankles in my father's village especially when they are getting married. It's our tradition. U must wear it on your ankle and plenty jigida on ur waist.

In fact, i know one knight in our church that used it as his own engagement ring to his wife. There is nothing the CWO of our cathedral haven't done to make her remove it. She simply refused,stating that it's her own engagement ring and asked the other women to remove their engagement rings!

She still wears it till tomorrow...
those beads are clearly different from the anklets and beads we see this days, so baby girl, it's different shaa but I no talk say I no like am oooo!
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by segxi1960: 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
Ankle chains are sexy
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
moneyhungry:
firstly, I had to reveal that I'm not in Nigeria to 'clear' myself cuz your previous response put a 'Nigerian societal' tag on me.
secondly, I had to mention the US cuz someone was trying to use the US as a standard unit of measurement in all aspects of life which is plain weird.
colonize you?. sounds like I'm Nigerian and you're not.
I blame Nigeria for Nigeria's problems, I don't give a fvck about the US.

Then keep your curses to your goddamn self.

P.S. "your previous response put a 'Nigerian societal' tag on me" eh... I know your type. No matter where we go or are born, we are still Nigerians. Always. Lame áss.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
Hmmm.. I didn't make front page cos of this "who wants to be a millionaire"...
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Idowuogbo(f): 8:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
Team asewo ooo cool

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by chlowi(f): 8:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
najoke: lesbian ko...ashewo ni....my wife has been wearing the lovely thing before i married her, i make sure she does not leave the house without it.
.........in fact I plan to get her the waist one. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 million likes for this
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
najoke:
^
what is this caveman yapping about, i rather have a daughter who is confident with her body and look, who sees herself as the prettiest girl in the world than a daughter who feels ugly and inferior among her peers.

You will be an amazing father.

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by mujiboy(m): 8:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
I like it thou..
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
duni04:
The thread title says ankle chain not beads, and yes they do have a sexual origin.

Duni, we are not in agreement on this issue. Let's leave it so. I don't like to curse out my followers.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by chlowi(f): 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
MsNas: Say what? Ankle chain makes people look like prostitutes or Lesbians? Smh. Maybe they aren't looking classy enough. I went to a Naija wedding yesterday and seeing a girl rock ankle chain made me wanna get one.

Infact, I don vex. I dey go JC Penney go buy ankle chain angry angry Prostitute ko, Ashewo ni. Nigerians and warped mentality! Why don't you say wearing waist chain or neck chain or even dangling earnings makes people look less respectable? tongue

50 million likes for you heheheheheh
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Idowuogbo(f): 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
najoke:
^
Awwwww...go najoke! Your head is dere kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Come in for your excellently clean Uk(London) grade AA bales of clothes and bags / Mr Nairaland 2016 - Grand Finale / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Elimination Round 1