Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,384 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters (53166 Views)

President Jonathan Rocks Military Uniform During Visits To troops In Mubi (pic) / Abducted Chibok Girl Found In Mubi / AIT Cameraman Beaten At Obasanjo Son's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by tonychristopher: 12:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
pheesayor: Boko Haram militants attacked a platoon led by the son of former Nigerian president Obansanjo, shooting him today. He sustained serious injuries to his legs, and was being transported to the hospital at the time of this report.

Adeboye Obasanjo, an army engineer, was a Lieutenant Colonel at the 3rd Division in Jos, Plateau State.

He and his platoon were engaged with Boko Haram militants at Baza, which is the village of the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the division when the incident took place.

24 soldiers in the platoon were killed.

Details to follow.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/09/08/former-president-obasanjos-son-shot-mubi-boko-haram

EHYAAAA.....BUT THATS MAKE HIM A SOILDER...DID HE LED..RIP
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by wirelessmaster: 12:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
ProfessorPeter: Obj see your life bah? This same people you want them to retain power dem want kill your son. This is wety Yoruba go suffer for unholy alliance with aboki

Bros, I believe your people will suffer complete extermination this time around for looting the wealth of Nigeria with the believe that it belongs to you and using element of secret reparation for the damage suffered the last time. The centenary anniversary, local content deal, crude oil deals, various financial transactions that are unrecorded, positioning at various sectors where money is looted without probe, CBN and now NSPMC, Lagos juicy customs zonal command, aviation deals etc and etc. Who even told you Boko Haram is a terrorist activity, it is more a political development than the nonsense you are talking. The Yorubas are regarded as cowards by your brothers, but Col. Umar acknowledged that Yorubas fought along the creek the last time. Only strong and brave people fought in these area from personal experience.

From your comment, I suspect a foul play deal in this attack. It might be a way to cause internal confusion and draw the attention and support of the retired but never tire general even as 2015 is approaching and the issue of Jigawa Governor competing for the presidency is on the agenda.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by hardbody: 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
Chaleeee:

First of all, a gunshot to the thigh isn't a minor injury

And come to think of it. All those who are shouting that they love this country more than life itself, where are their kids fighting to protect the unity of Nigeria.
Buhari
Abdulsalami
Atiku
Babangida
Etc

Please note i qualified that injury by saying 'perhaps'. It could have been a 'graze' for all we know. But that is where it is anywhere.
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by dBard: 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
I suddenly have a lil more respect f d Obasanjos .
impressive that his son isn't there hiding behind his father's name but actually in the frontline.

speedy recovery t him n R.I.P t d dead

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by hardbody: 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: The hero is someone like Obasanjo's son, Lt Col Adebayo Obasanjo who waited, fought and got shot whilst fighting against Boko Haram he did not run away to Abidjan like ojuku

Tell me more. So Ojukwu was the only person that fought the war against the Federal side? He must have been invincible. Having said that, Adebayo, like his father Obasanjo are bereft of ideas tactical and strategic, which is why he is getting fvcked up in the azz. Let him get well and go back to the frontline, the virgin seekers are waiting for him. His father fought alongside their father to kill my people, today the table is turning and it will go full circle. Ask Gowon too.
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Chaleeee: 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
hardbody:

Please note i qualified that injury by saying 'perhaps'. It could have been a 'graze' for all we know. But that is where it is anywhere.

You intentionally left out a reply to the second part of my comment.
Where are the sons of Buhari, Atiku, Abdulsalam, Babangida, Tinubu, John Oyegun etc??
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by hadunihade(m): 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
ochilikoko: Does this country worth dying for? Anyway, May his soul and d souls of all others who died at d course of bringing peace to Nigeria rest in perfect peace. Amen.

Ochilikoko he was only shot nt dead,u go school @ all??na wa o
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by wirelessmaster: 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
hardbody:

Tell me more. So Ojukwu was the only person that fought the war against the Federal side? He must have been invincible. Having said that, Adebayo, like his father Obasanjo are bereft of ideas tactical and strategic, which is why he is getting fvcked up in the azz. Let him get well and go back to the frontline, the virgin seekers are waiting for him. His father fought alongside their father to kill my people, today the table is turning and it will go full circle. Ask Gowon too.

Bros, I believe your people will suffer complete extermination this time around for looting the wealth of Nigeria with the believe that it belongs to you and using element of secret reparation for the damage suffered the last time. The centenary anniversary, local content deal, crude oil deals, various financial transactions that are unrecorded, positioning at various sectors where money is looted without probe, CBN and now NSPMC, Lagos juicy customs zonal command, aviation deals etc and etc. Who even told you Boko Haram is a terrorist activity, it is more a political development than the nonsense you are talking. The Yorubas are regarded as cowards by your brothers, but Col. Umar acknowledged that Yorubas fought along the creek the last time. Only strong and brave people fought in these area from personal experience.

From your comment, I suspect a foul play deal in this attack. It might be a way to cause internal confusion and draw the attention and support of the retired but never tire general even as 2015 is approaching and the issue of Jigawa Governor competing for the presidency is on the agenda.
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by hardbody: 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
Chaleeee:

You intentionally left out a reply to the second part of my comment.
Where are the sons of Buhari, Atiku, Abdulsalam, Babangida, Tinubu, John Oyegun etc??

Bros i don't give a flying fvck as to anyone of them. My comments are very apolitical, i do not care who is doing what or fighting for whom or against who. I only picked a random point to make.

If you are searching for a sparring partner in this 'fight', go search elsewhere, i am not available

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by hardbody: 12:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
wirelessmaster:

I have struggled to make sense of your write-up all to no effect. Foul play deal in which attack? internal attack for who and by whom? support of which retired general? there are several retired generals. And what is it about Jigawa Governor. Bros take note, i do not delve into politics, i do not even know the political parties you have in this country. I do not know who is PDP, APC, SDP or whatever DPs you people have. I pick issues and address them as i know and think best but definitely nothing political.
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by shadyemmanuel(m): 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
sahara Reporters contradicting themselves since when they were formed, there is a great Difference btw Bazza and Mubi, bazza is under Michika Local Govt, while Mubi is a local govt on its own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by oluamid(m): 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
sarutobie:
"everyone knows obasanjo messed up," "he was a greedy and mean man that lost the opportunity to turn this country around"..and in that same breath you say " he has a very good quality"...dude teach me how you did this..how you turned black to white in one fell swoop..

I actually agree with that poster. Obasanjo may be all the adjectives you quoted above but nobody has ever berated him for being tribalistic. And for that singular attribute, I rate him above most of our present-day leaders whose brand of politics is to whip up ethnic sentiments and polarise our dear nation further.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by emmykk(m): 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
omega2128: first good shot all these while.
Next will be jonathan's son, tinubu's daughter, buhari's son, ndume's son, and other crazy leaders we have in nigeria

Nigeria leaders must feel pains commoners are feeling in this country
the poster and those that liike this comment are the evil nigerias that dnt mean well for nigeria
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Emmafrancis: 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: He thought he was facing the surrender monkey Effiong, like his father.
i dont usually say this , but am sorry you are so silly.
You should be grateful for Effiong for bringing that bitter, ill planed and excuted war to an end. To me he is one of the few heros of that senseless war.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by yungchop: 1:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
Na una sabi shoot baba pikin abi?? Ok. Let's wait and hear from obj cheesy
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Ayatullah(m): 1:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
SALUTE TO OBASANJO!
I cannot but throw a smart salute to OBJ and his Son for not running away from the battle ground, though it is quite unfortunate that the battle is that of 'Brother fighting Brother'. My smart salute become very relevant when I just heard from CORE TV NEWS that some soldiers posted to Maiduguri to fight are calling their 'godfathers' to be taken off the list and their wishes are being granted.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
heard the dude was dead,thank god he s still alive ,and one begin to wonder were the sons of buhari and cos are ,Obj might be greedy,defiant and belligerent but he commits himself to serving the nation not only individually but whollisticaly,who can also lay claim to those peculiar attributes worthy of perpetual statemanship.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
asadike: Al jus 2 kip me safe? I wish u quick recovery dear.
Dis is d most sensible post i hav ever read in my lyf on nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by omega2128(m): 1:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
emmykk: the poster and those that liike this comment are the evil nigerias that dnt mean well for nigeria

Mr Nigeria, can you give me estimate of innocent nigerians killed by boko haram so far? And all I asked for is for our leaders to feel pains of poor masses.
IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?
Leaders that can feel pains of followers are not worthy to be called LEADERS.
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by okoomoge2(m): 2:00pm On Sep 09, 2014
Waoh Gboyega, may God save you ooo.
This dude is so so humble. If not the strong
resemblance to his father Gen Olusegun Obasanjo, I did not believe he was a biological son of his when we met in 2005
at ogeyi place hotel in PHC.

Gboyega may God save and protect you.
Nice guy to the core.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Timijo(m): 2:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
pheesayor: Boko Haram militants attacked a platoon led by the son of former Nigerian president Obansanjo, shooting him today. He sustained serious injuries to his legs, and was being transported to the hospital at the time of this report.

Adeboye Obasanjo, an army engineer, was a Lieutenant Colonel at the 3rd Division in Jos, Plateau State.

He and his platoon were engaged with Boko Haram militants at Baza, which is the village of the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the division when the incident took place.

24 soldiers in the platoon were killed.

Details to follow.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/09/08/former-president-obasanjos-son-shot-mubi-boko-haram
When a soldier dies in the battle, nobody knows about it because he is not a son of a prominent man in the country. Now, the whole world is hearing that obasanjo's child is shot. What about those who have lost their lives in battling boko haram?
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by infohenry(m): 2:06pm On Sep 09, 2014
Toosure70: Obj of Africa. Nigerian owning u till tommorow. Where are d other generals sons
. True bro. He is a true hero, others are sending their children abroad or protecting them with our military men.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2014
Emmafrancis:
i dont usually say this , but am sorry you are so silly.
You should be grateful for Effiong for bringing that bitter, ill planed and excuted war to an end. To me he is one of the few heros of that senseless war.

May Satan spare me from leaders like Effiong.
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by firstolalekan(m): 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
ratiken: Sahara Reporters. ... Promoting Bokoharam since 2011.
Always eager to report the advancement of Bokoharam and their destruction but always staying silent on the exploits of the NA no matter how few. Same SR is the mouthpiece of APC ...... and that cannot be coincidence.

I will wait for an unbiased version of the Mubi story.
shut your shít hole
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by ocelot2006(m): 2:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
Next will be jonathan's son, tinubu's daughter, buhari's son, ndume's son, and other crazy leaders we have in nigeria

You, sir, are a first class BASTARD! A class -A slowpoke for this useless statement of yours. That Officer is WIA for this country and for your safety while you're in the comfort of your daddy's house Self-Service.i.n.g off. Yet you have the audacity to spew this rubbish. Are you mad?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Etianwanokon: 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
What of other soldier that died. Is it because he is Obasanjo's son.
All lives are important
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by firstolalekan(m): 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
Reski: Crap story lt. colonels don't lead platoon's. Sahara reporter's editor's stop feeding us with lie's.
when will you ever have sense?
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
OrangeDream: Dis is d most sensible post i hav ever read in my lyf on nairaland
me too,
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Nyaknor(m): 2:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
shocked shocked then if this is true... boko haram era is getting over.. grin grin
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by Forwetinnah: 2:31pm On Sep 09, 2014

Aseeeee!! Minus GEJs son sha, him still dey shop pounded yam for haus grin
Re: Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters by jtroy(m): 2:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
MANGAM: Rip to the death soldiers
headshot next time please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Man Was Carried By Ambulance From Hospital To Go Vote In Jos (Picture) / Peter Obi, Datti Ahmed & Aliko Dangote Meet In Abuja (Pictures) / “Sai Obi”: Supporters Chant As Peter Obi Visits Kaduna (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.