Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen (33593 Views)

I Bet You've Never Seen A Phone Like This, Samsung Finally Unveils The S7/edge.. / Samsung Unveils The Galaxy Note Edge With A Curved Screen (Photos) / Apple Unveils 4G iPad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 8:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
ABC247:
GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.
THANKS.

And Apparently, Google is your enemy.

The European variant of the Galaxy S5 is the SM-G900F. Ships with a 2.5Ghz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC. I should know...I have one in my hands right now.

Here's a protip, kiddo: When you're in a hole, stop digging.

You do realize those 'UK used' phones you patronize aren't always from the UK? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by DaGC(m): 8:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:
Well said... Even though I would have loved to straighten up some few loose ends in your post, yet I would let it go at least for the most part I agree with you.

Feel free to add whatever you wanna. We learn that way. Knowledge is an everlasting journey. Nobody knows all.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
kobonaire: well then maybe you rely on Naira land, Sahara reporters or some random Chinese Noodle Phone review website for your positive tecno phone review .... that's fine and that's also your prerogative.

Where we are in agreement is that the super eagles need to go and whip some bafana bafana àss tonight right in their own stadium
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
kobonaire: well then maybe you rely on Naira land, Sahara reporters or some random Chinese Noodle Phone review website for your positive tecno phone review .... that's fine and that's also your prerogative.

Where we are in agreement is that the super eagles need to go and whip some bafana bafana àss tonight right in their own stadium
The last time I checked we were talking about Huawei, ZTE, Lenovo, Haier, and Oppo. I never mentioned Tecno anywhere in my previous posts. But if what you wrote makes you feel good then I'm Ok with it.
BTW Super Eagles should give us a win against Bafana tonight.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Fweshdude: ωhεη ı p◘αγεd †hε GTAV ση †hε p◘αγ s†α†ıση3 cσηsσ◘ε ı ωαs ◘ıκε ́ωhα† †hε... Is †hıs α mσνıε?`
As in ehn... That game is just... Awesome! Little wonder the sales number were mind-blowing. Imagine sales of $600 million in the opening day. After 3 days of launch, they have already racked up $1 billion in sales. Imagine how much they would have made in sales since it was released last year till date. And take note, those sales came from just 2 consoles (Xbox 360 & PS3). Imagine what would become of it when they finally get to release it on next gen consoles. Not to mention PC & Mac also.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 9:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

And Apparently, Google is your enemy.

The European variant of the Galaxy S5 is the SM-G900F. Ships with a 2.5Ghz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC. I should know...I have one in my hands right now.

Here's a protip, kiddo: When you're in a hole, stop digging.

You do realize those 'UK used' phones you patronize aren't always from the UK? cheesy
Do you know that Europe is not a country? Europe is actually a continent.
THANKS.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 9:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
DaGC:

Feel free to add whatever you wanna. We learn that way. Knowledge is an everlasting journey. Nobody knows all.
I know of course... But, one thing begots another. And I just wanna retire from this thread.

I enjoyed posting on this thread cause I read alot of comprehensive and biased stuffs alike. It's all good because even with some people's biased and sentimental way of approaching issues, there are still alot to learn from them. And I did learn alot.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 9:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
ABC247:
PS3, XBOX 360, PS4 and XBOX ONE then?
You never heard of these, or you tactically avoided talking about them?

I'm not sure if your browser does not display images, or you suffer from eye problem but the post you quoted has an image with comparisons to the Xbox 360 and PS3 prominently in place.

Hint: The K1 can deliver more raw power than either console (360/PS3) ...and it has the advantage of several newer graphical techniques. I expect the iPhone 6 to hover around that same region...and Apple expects to sell 70 million or so of those this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-tAZtbDZ8E#t=30
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by kobonaire(m): 9:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
ABC247:
BTW Super Eagles should give us a win against Bafana tonight.
0-0 was a decent result, at least 1 point. SE needs to rediscover their form and start winning so that we get a chance to defend our cup. It will be embarrassing if we don't qualify for Morocco.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 9:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
ABC247:
Do you know that Europe is not a country? Europe is actually a continent.
THANKS.

Samsung Galaxy S5.

Available as:
Samsung SM-G900F for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M for Vodafone
Samsung SM-G900A for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900W8 for Canada

Europe is a market region for Samsung, you dolt. We're talking marketing territories here. One variant available.

Even one as ignorant as yourself should have been aware of this, especially when my last post talked about territories (Africa & middle east, Europe)

Nice try, trying to slip by on a technicality, but epic fail all the same, half-wit.

I think my forum signature that I put up more than 6 years ago describes you perfectly. At this stage, you are blind in your ignorance because you simply refuse see!
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 9:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nsonaso:
[b]
Dude.. You can check the first page of the thread, am the 11th person to comment...... And I don't know what you're driving at.... But I just cleared you the fact that the features that you're taking about is in iPhone 5s and iOS8 already so it's not a new feature...

And believe me if it's about this blind argument that you people use to flood the thread... Am not interested in it...

My only concern is the design.... Am not interested in the RAM or processor increase

Because it's very plan but it's sad that people fail to see it...
Apple iPhones doesn't need 2GB RAM+ or Quad-Core or Octal-Core processor (cos it's a waste) just to
1. Make calls and send occasional SMS and Email
2. Play Games
3. Take pictures and videos
4. Type some documents that never leave the device
5. Play music and video
6. Change wallpapers
7. Finish

Men 2GB RAM+ with a Quad-Core or Octal-Core processor is going to be a really waste here cos 512MB RAM with Single-Core processor can do the job fine...

But with a 1GB RAM and Dual-Core processor, men the job will be done perfectly OK

Think of Apple MacBook Pro that have tasks to perform
With 16BG RAM, 2.5GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz. Men that is machine for you...

Android is built with a PC architecture and that is why Android requires more RAM and more processor just like PC, Android is more than iOS and that is why it devices uses more RAM and Processors than iOS devices... Did you get it?
[/b]

No words for you, my friend. You've already roped yourself in with your ignorance. grin grin

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

No words for you, my friend. You've already roped yourself in with your ignorance. grin grin

That guy needs to be educated. He's missing the point. But I no wan argue again. Enough lectures for today already. cheesy
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Bawss1(m): 10:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
^ Moderator ban this guy straight!
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by tochstorm(m): 11:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
adaobi123: Thank God my contract ends soon grin
where do you live, caused the last time I checked. in Nigeria, we buy our phone outright.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by jworos(m): 11:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
As 4 me,ntn tu say!

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Fweshdude(m): 11:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:
As in ehn... That game is just... Awesome! Little wonder the sales number were mind-blowing. Imagine sales of $600 million in the opening day. After 3 days of launch, they have already racked up $1 billion in sales. Imagine how much they would have made in sales since it was released last year till date. And take note, those sales came from just 2 consoles (Xbox 360 & PS3). Imagine what would become of it when they finally get to release it on next gen consoles. Not to mention PC & Mac also.
Nσ ωσηdεr †hε shııı's sσ cσs†.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by coogar: 11:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
jworos: As 4 me,ntn tu say!

iphone 6 plus is 5.5 inches.....
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Toroze(m): 11:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ah the Iphone Monopoly....
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Fweshdude(m): 12:19am On Sep 11, 2014
texazzpete:

Samsung Galaxy S5.

Available as:
Samsung SM-G900F for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M for Vodafone
Samsung SM-G900A for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900W8 for Canada

Europe is a market region for Samsung, you dolt. We're talking marketing territories here. One variant available.

Even one as ignorant as yourself should have been aware of this, especially when my last post talked about territories (Africa & middle east, Europe)

Nice try, trying to slip by on a technicality, but epic fail all the same, half-wit.

I think my forum signature that I put up more than 6 years ago describes you perfectly. At this stage, you are blind in your ignorance because you simply refuse see!
Yσu dση† rεαllγ ηεεd †hσsε †σ mακε γσur quσ†ε cσmplε†ε.

Yσu dση† hανε †σ bε sσ ƒ.cκıηg αrrσgαη† cσs σƒ sσmε pıεcε σƒ αr†, †hε mαηuƒαc†urεrs dση† ενεη cαrε hσω γσu dσıηg.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 11, 2014
Fweshdude: Yσu dση† rεα◘◘γ ηεεd †hσsε †σ mακε γσur quσ†ε cσmp◘ε†ε.

Yσu dση† hανε †σ bε sσ ƒ.cκıηg αrrσgαη† cσs σƒ sσmε pıεcε σƒ αr†, †hε mαηuƒαc†urεrs dση† ενεη cαrε hσω γσu dσıηg.

fix ur keys...your font's reason enough to get upset with you...and do u have an 'L'?

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Fweshdude(m): 12:40am On Sep 11, 2014
spotit:

fix ur keys...your font's reason enough to get upset with you...and do u have an 'L'?
Dσηε †hα†.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 11, 2014
Fweshdude: Dσηε †hα†.

great.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Beemahn(m): 1:36am On Sep 11, 2014
sushieater:

Nne Nne, you completely miss the point. It's not about Someone forcing me to buy it or not. I bet you're one of the people That thinks that buying that $139 million dollar house on front page today doesn't make all that sense. There's something we call "Criticism" which you have clearly forgotten about.

Spec wise, this phone is just meh. 8MP camera, Dual-core 1400Mhz processor, 1GB RAM, 1800mAh battery in 2014?? Those specifications are so 2012. I guess the Samsung Galaxy SIII is the new Apple IPhone 6.

Wanted to call you an Isheep but ... grin
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by drey08(m): 3:14am On Sep 11, 2014
Hi I'm a Galaxy Note 4; I cost almost half the price of a iPhone
6 Plus 128GB, I have 3x the specs. And probably 4x the
battery life. Can someone please give me a Apple to eat? Yo.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 5:58am On Sep 11, 2014
Fweshdude: Yσu dση† rεαllγ ηεεd †hσsε †σ mακε γσur quσ†ε cσmplε†ε.

I don't even care how the manufacturer does. You think I give a damn about Apple?

I care when some deadbeat accuses me of 'inferiority complex' when I provide factual information on something as trivial as a phone.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 11, 2014
abdulkayus:

Y are u abusin him? He point out where u are wrong and u call him ode and fool. Who is d ode and fool here?
When u guys lost an argument or find out in a lie, u resort to insult.

What is this one saying

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Gallanthaycube(m): 6:36am On Sep 11, 2014
Well like seriously in all. D specifications of dis iPhone 6 nw their is no speciality in it everything is just in line with most of our new techno phones. Well like seriously in all. D specifications of dis iPhone 6 nw their is no speciality in it everything is just in line with most of our new techno phones. Well like seriously in all. D specifications of dis iPhone 6 nw their is no speciality in it everything is just in line with most of our new techno phones.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 7:21am On Sep 11, 2014
drey08: Hi I'm a Galaxy Note 4; I cost almost half the price of a iPhone
6 Plus 128GB, I have 3x the specs. And probably 4x the
battery life. Can someone please give me a Apple to eat? Yo.

Apart from the fact that the iPhone 6+ is most likely more powerful than the upcoming Note 4, at best the Note 4 will be $50 cheaper when compared to the i6+ of equivalent storage Space.

If you're expecting 4 days battery life with that 2k screen, prepare to be disappointed.

Gallanthaycube: Well like seriously in all. D specifications of dis iPhone 6 nw their is no speciality in it everything is just in line with most of our new techno phones.

Lol
None of your new Tecno phones is anywhere close to being as powerful as last year's 5S.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 11, 2014
tochstorm: where do you live, caused the last time I checked. in Nigeria, we buy our phone outright.

UK
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 11, 2014
dmcdad:
And you think your S5 can take a better photo because of its higher MPs? Well, I won't count it against you. I will just take it that you are one of the ignorant ones (no offence) who don't know the difference between the pixel count in a phone and the pixel size. So, FYI having a phone with more MPs (megapixels ) doesn't translate to better quality images. If you doubt me ask those who make use of the Z2 or so that spots about 20MPs. If you are still rasing doubts, you should check on your Techno brothers that have devices spotting 13MPs, they will tell you that their phones take worse images than Nokias of those days (eg e72, n95 etc).

I never said all of what you typed up there. Buy if you need to see the picture quality it produces. I leave u to the other owners here. Talk doesn't beat proof.

I case my rest.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 7:39am On Sep 11, 2014
candygosh:

I never said all of what you typed up there. Buy if you need to see the picture quality it produces. I leave u to the other owners here. Talk doesn't beat proof.

I case my rest.
My dear, no doubts about its picture quality. You should be able to comprehend my point, that it's not about the specs that matters much, but other things play their own part under the hood. That was the point.

I use a Note II that comes with a 2Gb ram and a quad core cpu running at about 1.9ghz per core, but to be sincere it doesn't run half as smooth as an iPhone 5 that comes with a 1gb ram, with a dual core chip running at 1.2ghz. Why? Because of the OS optimisation, not to mention the seamless integration between the software and the hardware. You guys just have to understand these facts.

That's all!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Mtn/onefinance 3,000 Quick Money / Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos) / Innjoo I2 Features & Image Reviews (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.