Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen (33606 Views)

I Bet You've Never Seen A Phone Like This, Samsung Finally Unveils The S7/edge.. / Samsung Unveils The Galaxy Note Edge With A Curved Screen (Photos) / Apple Unveils 4G iPad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by yungchop: 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: It moves the camera to compensate for the shaking of your hands, leading to clearer pictures in low light and less shaky videos.
thanks sir
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by 2kurupt(m): 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

So you're quoting specs for quoting sake?

- Wireless charging: Neither the Galaxy S5 or Note 3 have wireless charging. Most Android phones do not have this built in. You can snag accessories for most flagship phones that supports wireless charging, the iPhone 6 is no exception

- Water resistance: Has never been a key feature in a phone. Nice to have, though

- IR remote control: Meaningless. Most TVs made since 2012 have Wifi inbuilt and dedicated apps in the App store for remote controls. Or you could easily pick up some 3rd party accessories if you're that desperate.

- running multi apps on a split screen: Fair point...but most people do not use this feature.

The funny thing is, you just dont just get it. 'Android' isn't a Phone. It's an OS. But you fanboys love to combine features from like 5 different phones, call it 'Android' and compare it against the iPhone.

- At least with the iPhone 6 you've got guaranteed updates to the latest firmware for at least 3 years. It's highly unlikely that the HTC One or Galaxy S3 will get an Android L update

- Smooth, consistent performance: iOS still has the smoothness from 2010 that Android has been chasing, first with 'Project Butter', then the lowered memory requirement on KitKat and now Android L

- Far better ecosystem for accessories.

- desktop integration for OSX users

- Compatibility with BOTH Apple and Google smartwatch devices.

- Best in class CPU and GPU specs.

You also avoid a significant amount of malware, inconsistent app performance, OEM skin related lagginess and you can be sure of getting some of the best apps first.

There are pros and cons to both sides. You could choose one side without damning the other.

Or you could be like me and rock both OSes. I currently use a Galaxy S5 and a 5S. Will upgrade to a Z3 (for PS4 remote play) and an iPhone 6. Win-Win cheesy

Features you consider as a gimmick might be the exact same reason someone elsewhere might be getting the device. My beef is no device has got it all like most fan boys here want to portray it, to each his own.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Kessleek(m): 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
dmcdad:
You are right... But most of those social networking sites and/or apps are worldwide. Facebook is used here in Nigeria as much as any other place.

I know of course Windows 8.1 is great. They lack apps and that is the problem. And what are these devices with great apps to run on them? But no matter how optimised Android L is, it can never be as smooth as iOS. Fact! And I also understand that these OEMs especially Sammy fill theirs with too much bloatwares. Infact, all Sammy's proprietary apps on my Note II aren't present except for a few like contacts, messages and some others.
Can you please explain that
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: The iPhone camera was not improved on the iPhone 6. It's the same camera as the one on the iPhone 5s. But the iPhone 6 Plus has OIS now.

Not correct.

iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus sport the same improved camera over the 5S. 6 Plus just has the extra benefit of OIS tacked on. The iPhone 6 doesnt have OIS because the dolts at Apple were so fixated with making the phone thin that there was pretty much no way to fit OIS into that Camera module.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by standupguy(m): 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
ollah1:

You are wrong. HTC has the best design and integration is the Android world but their camera is sub par. Sony isn't doing a bad job with -proof and PS4 play while Samsung don't have good design language but has the best features. Yes Touchwiz lags but it packs more features than other OEM Skins. Samsung flagships survive more drop test than others.

Bros the point is HTC is trying something new other than packing mega pixels.
I beg to disagree on Samsung fragility.
I have a sister at home who used Samsung s3, and note 2, and another who uses s4, they both also use iPhone 5s.
All the Samsung screens are broken/ shattered,I repeat, ALL.
The S4 shutdown permanently one morning, and after warranty replacement the screen shattered from a simple fall.
Ironically I watched her iPhone 5s which isn't water proof, fall into a gutter, we brought it out after she stopped screaming, wiped it of and the phone showed zero sign of malfunction.

Funny enough I use a Samsung right now, of course it was a gift and a blackberry z10. Two phone phone companies I dislike most.
(using BlackBerry for data)
But i am a HTC fan.
The day I live the shores of naija for any reason, I am buying all Apple iPhone and laptop SIMPLE.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
ollah1:

Note 4 and LG G3(korean version) blows it away and yes nextweek we shall know :d

Have you seen any comparisons between the A8 and the Snapdragon 805? No? Then you just pulled that out of your backside
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by standupguy(m): 2:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun: It moves the camera to compensate for the shaking of your hands, leading to clearer pictures in low light and less shaky videos.

Object image stabilization
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Seun(m): 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus sport the same improved camera over the 5S.
What differences exactly?

UPDATE: Just checked this page: https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/
It's the same number of megapixels, same pixel size, and same lens, etc. The main difference is the supposedly faster auto-focus feature. Yawn.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Femistico(m): 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
this is crap mehn...for God sake dis is 2014..1 gig ram, cpu 1.4ghz dual core wen even tecno dey use quad core, 8mp for camera no memory card slot..hmmmm reserve my comment
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by standupguy(m): 2:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun:

It's the same number of megapixels, same pixel size, and same lens, etc. The main difference is the supposedly faster auto-focus feature. Yawn.

It's the same
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by ABC247(m): 2:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
ollah1:

You are wrong. HTC has the best design and integration is the Android world but their camera is sub par. Sony isn't doing a bad job with -proof and PS4 play while Samsung don't have good design language but has the best features. Yes Touchwiz lags but it packs more features than other OEM Skins. Samsung flagships survive more drop test than others.
Their hatred for Samsung made them turn blind eye to the truth.
I bet they never heard of bending aluminum or shattered glass. This is synonymous with apple iPhones.
Samsung has the best record so far in drop test and phone durability. DESIGN AND CHOICE OF MATERIAL IS DIFFERENT FROM BUILD QUALITY.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Kessleek(m): 2:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun:

Leave them they should continue saying what they do not know. The camera is the same with the one on the 5s. I just wonder how it will smoke the s5 camera.....
Yeah, maybe in their dream.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dlox01(m): 2:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
imagine if this was the specs of the iphone6 vs Galaxy s5........ i guess Apple users would be delighted right??

samsung Galaxy s5 iphone6

Screen Size: 4.7 Inches 5.1 inches
Screen Display Technology IPS LCD Super Amoled
Screen Resolution: 750 x 1334 pixels 1080 x 1920 pixels
Screen Resolution Density: 348 ppi 432 ppi
Screen Protection: Oleophobic Coating Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Frame Dimensions: 137.5 x 67 x 7.1 mm 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm
CPU: Dual-core 1.4 GHz (Apple A8) Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400
RAM: 1 GB 2 GB
Operating System: iOS 8 Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat)
Internal Memory: 16 | 64 | 128 GB 16 |32 GB
Card Slot None Up to 128 GB
Camera: Rear: 8 MP + Front Facing: 2.1 MP Rear: 16 MP + Front Facing: 2 MP
Battery Capacity:: Li-Po 1810 mAh battery Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery

well....its NOT!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
how good you felt when reading the specs is what a Galaxy s5 user feels everyday...and how shitty you feel is what a Galaxy s5 user can NEVER feel, so deal with it!
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by chemmerfrank(m): 2:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
abeg why i go buy i-phone 6 when i-phone 7 go still cum out? bottom line use whatever phone serves your need.. all these things dey are releasing dey unneccesary to me.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun:

It IS an improvement, though. Not sure why anything that reduces blurriness can be a a bad thing. And you should theoretically get better low-light performance.
Apple also touts improved tonal mapping and improved noise reduction with the 6-series cameras, so you should also get better color reproduction and less noisy pictures.

I guess we won't know for sure how it stacks up against the others until the first reviews start trickling out.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by 2kurupt(m): 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
standupguy:

On point.
The one wey dey vex me pass na samsung.
What the hell is Samsung?? The only android OEM producers doing a good job in hardware design, innovation and software integration are HTC and Sony.
We have seen features like camera ultra pixel and very cool interactive phone cases from HTC. Sony is doing good with water proof and PS4 play.

Samsung with there tasteless design, poor material finishing and fragility is there to pack processor, ram and 200 mega pixels just to sale phones because that is what people want to hear.
Then they incorporate allien features people have to no need for.
Samsung is on the same playing field with techno, and gionee. Glorified plastic then can't survive a simple drop from your hand.

Personally I think LG design the best looking android smartphones ATM

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
dlox01: imagine if this was the specs of the iphone6 vs Galaxy s5........ i guess Apple users would be delighted right??

samsung Galaxy s5 iphone6

Screen Size: 4.7 Inches 5.1 inches
Screen Display Technology IPS LCD Super Amoled
Screen Resolution: 750 x 1334 pixels 1080 x 1920 pixels
Screen Resolution Density: 348 ppi 432 ppi
Screen Protection: Oleophobic Coating Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Frame Dimensions: 137.5 x 67 x 7.1 mm 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm
CPU: Dual-core 1.4 GHz (Apple A8) Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400
RAM: 1 GB 2 GB
Operating System: iOS 8 Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat)
Internal Memory: 16 | 64 | 128 GB 16 |32 GB
Card Slot None Up to 128 GB
Camera: Rear: 8 MP + Front Facing: 2.1 MP Rear: 16 MP + Front Facing: 2 MP
Battery Capacity:: Li-Po 1810 mAh battery Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery

well....its NOT!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
how good you felt when reading the specs is what a Galaxy s5 user feels everyday...and how shitty you feel is what a Galaxy s5 user can NEVER feel, so deal with it!

Why would I take a less powerful Galaxy S5 over an iPhone 6?

(Ignore the fact that I already have an S5)

The iPhone 6 likely has a more powerful CPU and most definitely a much more powerful GPU with improved low level driver support so games will always look better on the iPhone 6.

You really have no clue. You just compare two numbers and pick the higher one as more powerful. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
standupguy:

Bros the point is HTC is trying something new other than packing mega pixels.
I beg to disagree on Samsung fragility.
I have a sister at home who used Samsung s3, and note 2, and another who uses s4, they both also use iPhone 5s.
All the Samsung screens are broken/ shattered,I repeat, ALL.
The S4 shutdown permanently one morning, and after warranty replacement the screen shattered from a simple fall.
Ironically I watched her iPhone 5s which isn't water proof, fall into a gutter, we brought it out after she stopped screaming, wiped it of and the phone showed zero sign of malfunction.

Funny enough I use a Samsung right now, of course it was a gift and a blackberry z10. Two phone phone companies I dislike most.
(using BlackBerry for data)
But i am a HTC fan.
The day I live the shores of naija for any reason, I am buying all Apple iPhone and laptop SIMPLE.

It happened to ur siblings doesn't mean that the final. I have friends whose iphones has shattered screens too. From 4s to 5s but I can't use that to judge. Generally, Samsung survives more drop tests than others.

HTC is trying something new no doubt but it's not working beyond low light. If M8 had packed a better camera by "packing the mega pixels" it would have sold crazily.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
ABC247:
I bet they never heard of bending aluminum or shattered glass. This is synonymous with apple iPhones.
Samsung has the best record so far in drop test and phone durability. DESIGN AND CHOICE OF MATERIAL IS DIFFERENT FROM BUILD QUALITY.

Dont mind them. They wouldn't argue objectively.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dlox01(m): 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Apple-iPhone-6-Plus,Samsung-Galaxy-Note-Edge/phones/8908,8887

beast mode....
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Seun(m): 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete: And you should theoretically get better low-light performance.
No, it's the same sensor and same lens. The only reason for better low life performance is the OIS which is only in the iPhone Plus.

Apple also touts improved tonal mapping and improved noise reduction with the 6-series cameras, so you should also get better color reproduction and less noisy pictures. I guess we won't know for sure how it stacks up against the others until the first reviews start trickling out.
I feel that if the difference was clear they would have demonstrated it.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
texazzpete:

Not correct.

iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus sport the same improved camera over the 5S. 6 Plus just has the extra benefit of OIS tacked on. The iPhone 6 doesnt have OIS because the dolts at Apple were so fixated with making the phone thin that there was pretty much no way to fit OIS into that Camera module.

Thata pure scam. Yet they can if they want to, but it's all marketing gimmick to sell the iPhone 6 Plus.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
sushieater:

Nne Nne, you completely miss the point. It's not about Someone forcing me to buy it or not. I bet you're one of the people That thinks that buying that $139 million dollar house on front page today doesn't make all that sense. There's something we call "Criticism" which you have clearly forgotten about.

Spec wise, this phone is just meh. 8MP camera, Dual-core 1400Mhz processor, 1GB RAM, 1800mAh battery in 2014?? Those specifications are so 2012. I guess the Samsung Galaxy SIII is the new Apple IPhone 6.

Wanted to call you an Isheep but ... grin

I soon love this. It's an overpriced piece of crap. Will wait patiently and sell my 16MP Samsung S5 once I see a phone that beats it.

Lol at the isheep
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by bibilessin(f): 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
the iphone 6 is dramatically thin and remarkably power efficient. I love it cos its one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison. Saw the full review of iPhone 6 and Apple Watch at store.bellestoreinc.com grin
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
timpaker: Nothing new in this crap.
I can't drop my 5'inches screen for a 4.7'inches.. Iphone loves playing the catch up game with Sammy. Mtcheeew!
Samsung S5 has big screen, finger print sensor, big RAM of 2GB, 16MP camera and others, so why would I go for an Iphone 6?

Honestly. A ram of 1gb in 2014. We go soon enter 2015 sef.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by kobonaire(m): 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
2kurupt:

Bottom line is both devices get rolled out of a factory in China so what's exactly your point?

It's dudes like you that think that using an iPhone is a statement. This is 2014 brov, peeps now see thru their marketing gimmicks.
you do not seem to understand my point. China has no ability to design/engineer an "Apple or Samsung" quality smart phone. Tecno is a decent effort but is no were near Apple or Samsung. Engineering/design is where the brains is. Manufacturing is challenging but has simply been outsourced to China merely for economics. Hope you can appreciate my point on that?
In addition, the OS (IOS and Android) were all developed in the US mainly. All phones become glorified paper weights without a quality OS.
An Iphone is a great phone. That said, I don't think that having a good phone (or any other electronic device) is "making a statement". I believe that virtues like intelligence, knowledge, character, personality is a better way of making a statement.
Remember, just because Innosun assembles a Chinese vehicle in Nigeria that does not mean that vehicle was "designed/engineered" in Nigeria.
Speaking of gimmicks, you seem to be employing deviating gimmicks. Remember we are debating your original post that the Tecno
Phone is better than the Iphone :-
https://www.nairaland.com/1895323/apple-unveils-4.7-inch-iphone-6#26163047
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by timpaker(m): 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
Like seriously, a RAM of 1GB when the Samsung galaxy S5 boast of 2GB RAM...
I will only have the Iphone 6 on one condition, that it would be given to me for free and I won't say "thank you". angry
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Decale: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
ABC247:

Best record in durability and drop test? Lmao...
Do me one favour, stop following reviews like your life depend on it and get these phones trying them out....

In my 2* years of life, I've only seen two shattered iPhones but the number of Samsung phones wey their screen don break fit give man ebola
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by BlackBaron: 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
You sure or you know only a few people with iphones? No manufacturer has gone on to claim that they have a more durable smartphone. There's a saying that 'these days, smartphones are more fragile than eggs'.

Fanboy battles all over here...no smartphone has the ultimate edge over others.
Decale:

In my 2* years of life, I've only seen two shattered iPhones but the number of Samsung phones wey their screen don break fit give man ebola

Fanboy battles all over here...no smartphone has the ultimate edge over others.
I preferred my Z2 over 5s for 2 major reasons.

The battery life for is MAJOR. Mine goes the distance easily with heavy use. A full day with juice left after using Emulators,web surfing, videos and calls included.
Another is water resistance, since I never lost a mobile, mobile insurance against theft (cerberus installed as safeguard) is pointless. I am covered against water loss.
Noise cancellation is extra benefit, don't use it all the time but beneficial in noisy environments.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Mention(m): 4:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
jahanara: you kidding right? the phone is 900pounds
That's not expensive na..
My Gold Plated Blackberry porsche 2 was bought by me @ the price of N2.1million
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Decale: 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
BlackBaron:
You sure or you know only a few people with iphones?

I know people who had used iPhones for years without a dent. Not that they're careful or anything but the phone is more durable than most other oems

Can't say the same for the Samsung users out there. Even my s4 cracked after 8months of usage before selling for the Oneplus
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
Kessleek:
Can you please explain that
Talking about smoothness between Android L and iOS 8? As much as Android L is being optimised, it would and I repeat it would never be as smooth and fluid as iOS 8. Apple has set the benchmark for OS fluidity and smoothness. The mobile OS that is close/on par to what Apple offers in terms of smoothness and fluidity is WP8.1. Won't you agree?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Mtn/onefinance 3,000 Quick Money / Innjoo I2 Features & Image Reviews (pics) / Researchers Recover 100s Of Nude Photos From Second-hand Smartphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.