Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,519 members, 7,958,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:35 PM

Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen - Phones (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen (33971 Views)

I Bet You've Never Seen A Phone Like This, Samsung Finally Unveils The S7/edge.. / Samsung Unveils The Galaxy Note Edge With A Curved Screen (Photos) / Apple Unveils 4G iPad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 7:46am On Sep 11, 2014
texazzpete:

Apart from the fact that the iPhone 6+ is most likely more powerful than the upcoming Note 4, at best the Note 4 will be $50 cheaper when compared to the i6+ of equivalent storage Space.

If you're expecting 4 days battery life with that 2k screen, prepare to be disappointed.
You have the time quoting that guy? That guy is a noob! Imagine, my Note II comes with a 3100mah battery with a 720p HD screen (Not full HD). The Note 4 comes with a 3200mah battery with a QHD screen (2k resolution) and an ignorant fellow is expecting the battery life to blow the iPhone 6+ away? These boys will never learn nothing!

3 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by nnenneigbo(f): 7:54am On Sep 11, 2014
Be happy with ur android and leave iphone users alone. We don't give a hoot what u guys think and u'll never convince us to buy ur laggy, supposed power useless cheap plastic phones so give up already.

One day before I can preorder my shinny new iphone 6

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by samsard(m): 8:42am On Sep 11, 2014
nnenneigbo: Be happy with ur android and leave iphone users alone. We don't give a hoot what u guys think and u'll never convince us to buy ur laggy, supposed power useless cheap plastic phones so give up already.

One day before I can preorder my shinny new iphone 6
Different strokes for different folks. Don't beat yourself grin

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
dmcdad:
You have the time quoting that guy? That guy is a noob! Imagine, my Note II comes with a 3100mah battery with a 720p HD screen (Not full HD). The Note 4 comes with a 3200mah battery with a QHD screen (2k resolution) and an ignorant fellow is expecting the battery life to blow the iPhone 6+ away? These boys will never learn nothing!

The LG G3 comes with a 3000MAh battery with a QHD and it lasts more than again what stops the Note 4 to last more than that considering the chipset in it 805 to 801. KK consumes less power than the JB on your Note 2. So expect Note 4 to last longer. Don't forget that Android L is on its way and we are yet to see its full features.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
ollah1:

The LG G3 comes with a 3000MAh battery with a QHD and it lasts more than again what stops the Note 4 to last more than that considering the chipset in it 805 to 801. KK consumes less power than the JB on your Note 2. So expect Note 4 to last longer. Don't forget that Android L is on its way and we are yet to see its full features.
C'mon! You think I am too silly not to know when to upgrade to the latest firmware? I have been using KK for God knows when. Besides, do you know what instigated this argument? That the Note 4's battery is 4x that of 6+? I guess you didn't know the genesis, else you wouldn't have jumped into this.

My point is, how can you say Note 4 would last longer than 6+? Just the minor difference in the battery capacity (2915mah and 3200mah), taking alot of things into consideration and you can tell that it would last longer? If both were running the same OS, it would have been a different kettle of fish.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
Google's native OS is the best mobile operating system in the world. My friend uses an a iphone but i started to use nexus 5 and i can say it is better than IOS right now(4.4.4). I can only say the users that, never buy a lg, samsung or htc because they are changing the Google s operating system in a very bad way and slows it down(except google editions).

The Bloatware they put on the Stock OS, the nexus Devices, do not have all that hense they are faster and have an overall smoother user experienc Google should warn lg, htc and samsung that they are only hardware manufacturers not software developers.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
dmcdad:
C'mon! You think I am too silly not to know when to upgrade to the latest firmware? I have been using KK for God knows when. Besides, do you know what instigated this argument? That the Note 4's battery is 4x that of 6+? I guess you didn't know the genesis, else you wouldn't have jumped into this.

My point is, how can you say Note 4 would last longer than 6+? Just the minor difference in the battery capacity (2915mah and 3200mah), taking alot of things into consideration and you can tell that it would last longer? If both were running the same OS, it would have been a different kettle of fish.

Note 4's battery might not be 4x that of 6+ but am sure it would last longer than 6 hours especially when on L. The only reason that wouldn't make it last that long is the bloatwares Samsung would add into it. But if it can be removed, nothing stops it from lasting that long.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Seun(m): 1:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
texazzpete: I'm an Apple fan. I tremble with excitement whenever a keynote is coming up. I believe they have a lot to teach me about product design and communication. But I don't feel obligated to defend them when they Bleep up. And they've been doing this a lot lately.

The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 pro are the ugliest phones that Apple has ever released. They are unnaturally large with big bezels in front, but the back panel is where the real ugliness resides. The huge & ugly antenna gaps made of cheap plastic, that everyone complained about when the back panels were leaked. The ugly camera protrusion at the back as well, with no attempt made to smoothen the bump like the Galaxy S5 does. People like me kept praying that the final product would be different but alas, that was not the case. Either Apple has lost its sense of taste, or a clueless decision-maker at the top needs to be firmly spanked. Tim Cook? Johny Ive? Do they think people buy iPhones for the specs?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
ollah1:

Note 4's battery might not be 4x that of 6+ but am sure it would last longer than 6 hours especially when on L. The only reason that wouldn't make it last that long is the bloatwares Samsung would add into it. But if it can be removed, nothing stops it from lasting that long.
Nothing stops it from lasting longer? When you have not tested them? We argue over battery on the Note 4, and it's not anyone's business that Sammy infest it with alot of bloatwares. Seriously, you have not been objective, but I will forgive you for that because I don't want to be quoted again. I am tired of coming back to this thread after un - following.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Fweshdude(m): 1:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
texazzpete:

I don't even care how the manufacturer does. You think I give a damn about Apple?

I care when some deadbeat accuses me of 'inferiority complex' when I provide factual information on something as trivial as a phone.
Hανε ƒuη.

candygosh:
I never said all of what you typed up there. Buy if you need to see the picture quality it produces. I leave u to the other owners here. Talk doesn't beat proof.
I case my rest.
Hσηεγ γσu bεrrα dση† gε† ıηνσlνεd ıη †hεır αrgumεη†, cσs †hεrε ησ cσmıηg σu†.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
jaygem: Tim Cook took the stage at the start of today's event and almost immediately announced the new iPhone 6. The Apple iPhone 6 is based on iPod touch looks and has a 4.7" screen.
The screen is protected by "Ion-strengthened glass", which is curved around the edges for a more seamless experience when swiping. The screen itself is an LCD with "Retina HD," which translates to 750 x 1,334 pixels. This pushes the pixel density to 348ppi.
Despite the new resolution, apps will "just work" thanks to a desktop-class scaler. This will only be needed until devs
update their apps to support the new resolution.
The iPhone 6 is powered by a second-generation chipset, the Apple A8. It offers 20% more CPU power and 50% GPU oomph. The chipset is built on a power-efficient 20nm
process, which also makes it 13% smaller physically than its A7 predecessor.
The chassis is made of anodized aluminum with a stainless
steel Apple logo. The body is just 6.9mm thick.

www.gsmarena.com/apple_unveils_a_47inch_iphone_6_with_retina_hd_screen-news-9595.php

GENERAL 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - all models
CDMA 800 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G Network LTE- all models
SIM Nano-SIM
Announced Exp. announcement 2014, September
Status Rumored . Exp. release 2014, September
BODY Dimensions 137.5 x 67 x 7.1 mm (5.41 x 2.64 x 0.28 in)
Weight 113 g (3.99 oz)
- 500 dpi pixel density fingerprint sensor (Touch ID)
DISPLAY Type LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 750 x 1334 pixels. 4.7 inches, 4.7 inches (~326 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
Protection Shatter proof glass, oleophobic coating
SOUND Alert types Vibration, proprietary ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
MEMORY Card slot No
Internal 16/32/64/128 GB, 1 GB RAM
DATA GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
Speed DC-HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76
Mbps; LTE, Cat6, 300 Mbps DL; EV-DO Rev. A, up to
3.1 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP
NFC Yes
USB v2.0
CAMERA Primary 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED (dual
tone) flash
Features Simultaneous video and image recording, touch focus,
geo-tagging, face detection, HDR panorama, HDR photo
Video 1080p@60fps
Secondary Yes
FEATURES OS iOS 8
Chipset Apple A8
CPU Dual-core 1.4 GHz
Sensors Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
Messaging iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
Browser HTML (Safari)
Radio No
GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
Java No
Colors Space Gray, White/Silver, Gold
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- AirDrop file sharing
- Siri natural language commands and dictation
- iCloud cloud service
- iCloud Keychain
- Twitter and Facebook integration
- TV-out
- Maps
- iBooks PDF reader
- Audio/video player/editor
- Organizer
- Document viewer/editor
- Photo viewer/editor
- Voice memo/dial/command
- Predictive text input
BATTERY Non-removable Li-Po 1810 mAh battery (6.91 Wh)
Stand-by Up to 14 h
still going for HTC one m8

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Seun(m): 1:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
chester47: still going for HTC one m8
If not for the stupid 4MP camera with no OIS... I would be using one right now. It's the most beautiful phone and best for media consumption.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
nnenneigbo: Be happy with our android and leave iPhone users alone. We don't give a hoot what u guys think and u'll never convince us to buy our laggy, supposed power useless cheap plastic phones so give up already.

One day before I can pre
order my shinny new iPhone 6
please don't comment if you don't know anything..I phone never lags.Am a fan of HTC
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
Seun: If not for the stupid 4MP camera with no OIS... I would be using one right now. It's the most beautiful phone and best for media consumption.
the 4mp still beats Samsung 13mpcamera that the phone I use
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Babalakin(m): 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
See this benchmark

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
Seun: texazzpete: I'm an Apple fan. I tremble with excitement whenever a keynote is coming up. I believe they have a lot to teach me about product design and communication. But I don't feel obligated to defend them when they Bleep up. And they've been doing this a lot lately.

The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 pro are the ugliest phones that Apple has ever released. They are unnaturally large with big bezels in front, but the back panel is where the real ugliness resides. The huge & ugly antenna gaps made of cheap plastic, that everyone complained about when the back panels were leaked. The ugly camera protrusion at the back as well, with no attempt made to smoothen the bump like the Galaxy S5 does. People like me kept praying that the final product would be different but alas, that was not the case. Either Apple has lost its sense of taste, or a clueless decision-maker at the top needs to be firmly spanked. Tim Cook? Johny Ive? Do they think people buy iPhones for the specs?

You couldn't have said it better but they won't listen. They are so blind with the Apple logo and skip facts. They won't argue objectively.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
Seun: If not for the stupid 4MP camera with no OIS... I would be using one right now. It's the most beautiful phone and best for media consumption.

Straight from my mind. I think upon completion of the phone, the CEO just told them to leave the camera at 4MP and uninstall the OIS. They shot themselves in the head
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Toroze(m): 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
I'm really serious when I say this argument is really pointless the iSheeps giving wrong points and The Androids just trying to debase them nnow let see what most apple fans are saying is that their os has been optimised to run on 1gb of ram I agree quite aright but do you think gameloft is going to consider the fact that Oh apple has 1gb of ram so let's optimises MC5 for them nope nad nada..... try playing MC5 on iphone 5S you'd cry, if your os was so good make it open source afterall windows phone is open source and Android is opensource and the still get good marketshare now if ios runs well on 1gb ram imagine it on 3gb of Note 4 ram #bliss and then again most isheeps just think android is basiclly 4.2.2 well not really any body using kitkat 4.4.4 on their phones will tell you the ram optimisation is more than okay to do the daily buisness. Not to talk of L which is coming soon
What I'm just trying to say if I may for Android users (not fanboy) is that nobody is saying don't buy your iphones oh but while u shell out $600+ to get one don't make noise about it we've seen better specs with better features and here's the best part at cheaper price since if I'm not mistaken 2012 so please buy your iphones but don't expect us to be wowed
P.S. I didn't insult anybody just my 2cents

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
Seun: texazzpete: I'm an Apple fan. I tremble with excitement whenever a keynote is coming up. I believe they have a lot to teach me about product design and communication. But I don't feel obligated to defend them when they Bleep up. And they've been doing this a lot lately.

Oh, don't get me wrong. The apple event left me seriously let down. Internal specs are cool but the 1GB RAM left me negatively surprised. Not because the OS lags with it, but you get the feeling the browser could do with more memory to keep more tabs alive. Physical design is a downer...back is ugly. Front bezels are probably a necessary evil for the home button.
No OIS is a downer for the smaller version.

Don't get me started on the Apple watch.

All in all, the big screen and the improved specs and camera will make me upgrade. But it's been a shocking lapse of form for jonny ive

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
Fweshdude: Hανε ƒuη.

Hσηεγ γσu bεrrα dση† gε† ıηνσlνεd ıη †hεır αrgumεη†, cσs †hεrε ησ cσmıηg σu†.

grin grin

I don run sef. I hated debate all my life anyway.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by nnenneigbo(f): 8:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
dmcdad:
He he he he he he. Abeg just try check on all my posts on this thread. Alot of people are favouring specs on paper over real world experience. Wetin you want make I do? I need clear their doubts say no be so oooooo. The fact say you dey use a Samsung phone with Octa core or Quad core or whatever the case may be, no be guarantee say e go translate to better speed in the real world compared to person wey dey use ordinary dual-core. Alot of factors come to play than just the specs.

Like I stated in one of my posts, shibi Sammy dey always yarb Apple in their adverts, why them never do advert to yarb Apple as regards say them dey run Octa core for their devices while Apple dey run dual-core? Because they know say for rela life experience e no be like that. You don gwt my point? If we do a generational comparisons between them you will discover say Apple beat them in every generation. That is SIII for iPhone 5, S4 for iPhone 5S and so on. That is talking about browsing speed and general fluidity around the OS. And in all these generations, Sammy dey always come out with better specs.

I no know if you get my point.

Moreover, Apple no dey pay me neither Sammy. I just try to dey as objective as possible. But obviously I love Apple.

please help me drive home the point o. We don't care about hardcore or whatever u call it, neither do i care about customisation, but i care about beauty lol, feel, real life speed, no lad, smoothness, and other little little things i can't remember to mention. Oh did i mention customer service? at least her in the uk anyways.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by dmcdad: 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
nnenneigbo:

please help me drive home the point o. We don't care about hardcore or whatever u call it, neither do i care about customisation, but i care about beauty lol, feel, real life speed, no lad, smoothness, and other little little things i can't remember to mention. Oh did i mention customer service? at least her in the uk anyways.
My dear, nothing do you jare. I have told them time and time again, whatever rock your boat.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by nnenneigbo(f): 9:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
chester47: please don't comment if you don't know anything..I phone never lags.Am a fan of HTC
good for u then
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by nnenneigbo(f): 9:03am On Sep 12, 2014
Just preordered iphone6, now can go back to bed

3 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by samsard(m): 9:42am On Sep 12, 2014
nnenneigbo: Just preordered iphone6, now can go back to bed
You should have preordered an iPhone 6+ for me wink but am still good with my Z10

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by xwolverine: 9:55am On Sep 12, 2014
nnenneigbo: Just preordered iphone6, now can go back to bed

shocked thought I was the only one?

angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by nnenneigbo(f): 10:31am On Sep 12, 2014
samsard: You should have preordered an iPhone 6+ for me wink but am still good with my Z10

it's sold out now
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by texazzpete(m): 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
Reserved my iPhone 6 for pickup next friday.

Surprised by the strong demand for the 6+. Sold out in the US, UK and Australia. BIG BIG mistake from Samsung to delay Note 4 release to October. This will eat into Note 4 sales like crazy.
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Seun(m): 3:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
I have an iPhone 5C with a broken screen. I've been fantasizing about 'upgrading' it for a better camera, and touch ID, but the problem with iPhones in Nigeria is their abysmal support for 3G browsing in areas with weak network signals (e.g. most places in Nigeria and rural areas elsewhere). You can't force the iPhone to use 3G signals in such situations; it keeps switching between modes, making the browsing experience awful. The only reason I have an iPhone is that I really enjoy using it as a basic phone for making phone calls, sending SMS messages, taking pictures, etc. Browsing on the iPhone 5C is surprisingly enjoyable but I have to use an Android phone as a hotspot for the iPhone. So sad.

I don't think I'll enjoy making calls on the new iPhones as much as I do on my cute little iPhone 5C. First of all, there's the size. Then there's the ugly backs which people around me are going to see whenever I lift the phone to my ear. It's not worth it. I'll just repair the screen on my 5C.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by slinkman(m): 4:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
Seun: I have an iPhone 5C with a broken screen. I've been fantasizing about 'upgrading' it for a better camera, and touch ID, but the problem with iPhones in Nigeria is their abysmal support for 3G browsing in areas with weak network signals (e.g. most places in Nigeria and rural areas elsewhere). You can't force the iPhone to use 3G signals in such situations; it keeps switching between modes, making the browsing experience awful. The only reason I have an iPhone is that I really enjoy using it as a basic phone for making phone calls, sending SMS messages, taking pictures, etc. Browsing on the iPhone 5C is surprisingly enjoyable but I have to use an Android phone as a hotspot for the iPhone. So sad.

I don't think I'll enjoy making calls on the new iPhones as much as I do on my cute little iPhone 5C. First of all, there's the size. Then there's the ugly backs which people around me are going to see whenever I lift the phone to my ear. It's not worth it. I'll just repair the screen on my 5C.
you are truthful bro, but I sheeps won't understand
Re: Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
I'm not even sure about the 6 or 6+ yet...such is the state of happiness our primus inter pares, Apple has resigned us. Cook, Ive and whoever else might have readily succeeded Jobs...but it seems the real tech aesthetician/innovator is only born after all..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

50 Greatest Andriod Hardcore Games / Download 2go Version 4.5.1 By 2go Team With Screenshots Java And Symbian / The Tecno Phantom 5 & The LED TV + Multitasking / Battery Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.