Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:21 PM

Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? (24018 Views)

Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa / Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa / Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by oluwasegun007(m): 8:46am On Sep 11, 2014
korel9: Super Eagles you said?

I only saw the Bafana Bafana play the whole 90mins undecided

I can bet you our U-17 would have beaten that S. African team (not cos d SAs didn't play well but cos they would be playing their match).
The truth is just part of you.....exactly what I had in mind....I still appreciate our defeat to congo than the draw with S.A
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by oluwasegun007(m): 8:51am On Sep 11, 2014
It was obvious we had no game plan, our attack was just to clueless...they made those lazy bafana look like a king...shame dey. Catch me
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by jobsat34(m): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2014
Tactics: What i saw last night only speak of 2 things, either Keshi has lost his technical touches or there has been a dressing room unrest among the players (believe me, players sometime sabotage their coach effort just because they want him out)

Midfield Combo: the last time i saw a well compacted S/E midfield was in AFCON 2013. Its either Keshi is too lazy to find a replacement for mikel or he is just waiting for the right moment to drop him (i wont believe him if he says he is irreplaceable)

Subtitute Bench: Most tactical coaches win there game from the bench, I wonder what Oduamadi is doing in that team when he has got nothing to offer (Imagine someone who didn't make the team in a Serie B league let alone his parent club AC Milan in Serie A that is lacking behind the Portugese league). Believe me, a Kalu Uche or Obafemi Martins is far better off 1,000 times.
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Olusanya333(m): 9:10am On Sep 11, 2014
CharlieMaria:
Thanks for that but manically if you Google the meaning: it is a state of mania, which is the same as maniac.
its pronounced as Mayancally.
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by tall2ce(m): 9:16am On Sep 11, 2014
Keshi is a biased coach
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by awayeyebundle: 9:22am On Sep 11, 2014
Keshi should be blame if we lost out of this race....he just too pumpous and underrated some of our player wen it's crucial that we need them what stop him in calling Osaze Odewingie,Ikechukwu Uche .....this guy is too fond of himself because u are the coach does nt mean that heaven and earth is in ur hands.....I hope he learnt from SIASIA,I remember wen Keshi is playing as footballer in those days he is the first to start cabal in our football against Rasheed Yekini and he is cohort like Amokachi,Sunday Oliseh....now he is proving to be saint,finding fault in this player or others......shit forget it if he did not buried this attitude that I used anybody and where vital players are not called ......hope things will not go way ward for him.....remember this recent world cup too that he said he would'nt used Osaze Odewingie and the whole of Nigerians kick against that he is our only hope before we can reach that stage......Keshi should stop politicising coaching....after u have gone all hidden will be exposed
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Supersammy01(m): 9:25am On Sep 11, 2014
I think okro was served at 9ja's camp prior to the match, else why would eagles draw with slaves?
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Goke7: 9:38am On Sep 11, 2014
From what I can see, its like after winning the nations' cup, telling the players to do what they have done before, qualifying and winning defending the afcon again is becoming too monotonous for them, this is why we need fresh and younger legs to come in now, this is what cameroon is doing now and its working for them by winning their first two matches, imagine trouncing yaya toure and company 4-1.

It looks like players such as onazi, mikel, emenike, musa, ambrose needs competition from younger or other players to make them sit up, they are becoming too comfortable and relaxed. I think the nff should insist and if keshi is unwilling, impose and invite players that will compete for places with these players cos with the way we are going, we may not qualify, enough of sentiments.
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 11, 2014
Goke7: From what I can see, its like after winning the nations' cup, telling the players to do what they have done before, qualifying and winning defending the afcon again is becoming too monotonous for them, this is why we need fresh and younger legs to come in now, this is what cameroon is doing now and its working for them by winning their first two matches, imagine trouncing yaya toure and company 4-1.

It looks like players such as onazi, mikel, emenike, musa, ambrose needs competition from younger or other players to make them sit up, they are becoming too comfortable and relaxed. I think the nff should insist and if keshi is unwilling, impose and invite players that will compete for places with these players cos with the way we are going, we may not qualify, enough of sentiments.

Mikel should have been removed right from first half, he is the weak point of the team.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Goke7: 10:25am On Sep 11, 2014
Tesiday:

Mikel should have been removed right from first half, he is the weak point of the team.

apart from mikel, the other players i mentioned earlier need to wake up too or replaced by fresh and more hungry players. If am keshi, I will consider some CHAN eagles [home based] that played earlier this year, especially for away games in sudan and congo, we need rugged and ruthless players for those games, the weather in sudan will not be favourable for the likes of mikel and other foreign based players
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by sojihandsome: 10:27am On Sep 11, 2014
In fact talking about super eagles it all a waist of time we give ourselves headache to make sure they perform Gone are those days when we will do anything to support our Nation But now it hard to be on the side of the super eagles because they will always disappoint and perform under our expectations. Not only that After the Nations cup i never won any bet Staking on Super Eagles always make me loose well what i think is that the likes of mikel should not be someone we can build the team on he's too slow to flow along with the Attackers he should be benched and let him watch how to play african football with other playing.
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 11, 2014
Afterall, two teams get to qualify from the group. Nigeria and congo will qualify. shikena grin grin grin
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by legacyint: 11:13am On Sep 11, 2014
Me no blame d lazy vultures at all o,na FIFA i blame,if 2 say dem banned us,all dis dis disgrace would have been averted.team maigaricheesy
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Mordyb: 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
lexyman:

Did u know that the nominated best African footballer lost to the Cameroonian team 4:1 .are logically saying yaya toure also doesn't deserve to be the best in Africa.

The whole team messed up so, don't single out a player to tongue lash ...
at least he scored
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by hohafrank(m): 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
lexyman:

Did u know that the nominated best African footballer lost to the Cameroonian team 4:1 .are logically saying yaya toure also doesn't deserve to be the best in Africa.

The whole team messed up so, don't single out a player to tongue lash ...
Mikel has always being a flop.He doesn't deserve that no 10 or better still not even a place in super eagle squad.As for Yaya Toure,he is far better than mikel.
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Consultville(m): 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
They should have done better
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by mcfarlin(m): 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
BankuTilapia2: Useless team grin grin Useless country cheesy grin Useless president cheesy grin Useless first lady cheesy grin Useless people cheesy grin

Now clap for urself undecided

Oponu!

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Deepfreezer(m): 4:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
Aubrey1:

Some of the players you just mentioned are tired legs.
Anichebe and Obasi are very much active footballers. we want players that play week in week out in a top league. not just some bench warmers.
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by ONESS: 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
Iaz93: Keshi's salary should be doubled so we can start winning matches. grin grin

...and to think it was this same Mikel that was nominated for Africa's Best Player shocked Ahh! Shame dey catch me. Mikel should just retire. grin
That is myopic. you can achieve with so little if you are determined to succeed. the players own the field of play not the coach abeg. NFA should wake up and do things rightly.
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by ukandi1(m): 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
khafrahdante: Did we draw?
cant believe this country
u shud thank God that we did not loose.
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by ukandi1(m): 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
khafrahdante: Did we draw?
cant believe this country
u shud thank God that we did not loose cos that was d closest we came.
Winning S.A would have been unfair going by their performance
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by longleg(m): 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
Paroman: After losing surprisingly to the congolese team in Calabar on Saturday, the super eagles were hoping to get maximum points against the bafana bafana of South Africa tonight but could just muster a drab goalless draw. After watching our match today, what is your view of our performance?
. Lol! they played like second division team. I rep Naija no matter what.
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by jnostill: 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
make una no vex....Na chicken coach keshi carry go SA
Re: Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? by Alpha1obischizo(m): 1:12am On Sep 12, 2014
Keshi has team selection problem..
He is not tactically nd mentally sound...
He needs scholarship to go abroad and get a masters degree in coaching....
That team needs a overhaul, the players are not bright at all.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Kinds Of People You Meet In A Betting Shop / Mikel Obi And One Of His Twin Daughters Playing / Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.