Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force (32226 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Vikthor(m): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
TrollMan:

God Bless America...

In God we trust...

This is just an outcrop to remind you that America is a religious state and as such your argument is void.. AKA Baseless.

You have no point to prove your point.

I prefer to lavish my time in researching about why birds fly or why the grass is green to this..

How ironic....yet there constitution makes claim to freedom of religion and association...whichever and whatever kind it may be...according to choice and predisposition...

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
I refuse to quote any bigoted christian iidiot here. undecided

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by electropiz(m): 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
MrAnony1: I pledge to Nigeria my country,
to be faithful, loyal and honest.
To serve Nigeria will all my strength,
to defend her unity,
and uphold her honour and glory,
so help me God.

Is it proper for a public official upon being sworn into office to reject the Nigerian national pledge and then go on to sue the state for not changing the national pledge for him?

What next?

"Change the national coat of arms because I'm a Jew and eagles are unclean animals. While you're at it I have a problem with supporting a team called super eagles."?

"Change the cross in the England flag because I am a British muslim"?

Where does it stop?

While I can understand the sentiments of the atheist soldier, I believe that standing up for your beliefs is best shown by forfeiting those things that go contrary to it and not by trying to force them to comply specially with your beliefs.

Edit: Oh wait, "atheism is not a belief" Now that's kinda odd isn't it

u said it all
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Abraham2013(m): 12:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
Whoever dat does not hav a problem wit saying "God bless america" or "in God we trust" should not hav an issue wit saying "so help me God"
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
Neldrizzy: if ur ignorance is refusing you to believe God existence, wah cn you say abt the wonders of nature! BtW hw did you came into this world? Mere coincidence i guess!

LOL! Seriously? How did I come into this world? Do I really need to explain that or you want some experiment on that? grin

Wonders of nature..hehe. Even your forefathers believed their Gods made nature before Christianity and Islam told them it's their own Gods. Battle of the Gods grin

so tell me bro. Exactly what am I ignorant of?

6 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by okzcorp: 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
TO MY ATHEIST BROTHERS:

I would like y'all to open a thread, where you guys hang out to reason, discuss and share ideas.

I wanna learn a concept of how you guys have been SUCCESSFUL without acknowledging a supreme being, GOD.

From my discovery, y'all just don't believe in GOD, u detest GOD and its hypocritical.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by delords2: 12:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
But was not forced to join the American Air force and cannot claim ignorance of their code of conduct - to swear by God. So he should do it..
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
Left to me, I think the dude is just taking it overboard. It's just a saying. You don't have to believe in it. People in the military sure don't believe in it, else they wouldn't join a career that means they have to carry firearms and bombs in the destruction of other "God-created" people.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2014
okzcorp: TO MY ATHEIST BROTHERS:

I would like y'all to open a thread, where you guys hang out to reason, discuss and share ideas.

I wanna learn a concept of how you guys have been SUCCESSFUL without acknowledging a supreme being, GOD.

From my discovery, y'all just don't believe in GOD, u detest GOD and its hypocritical.

Believing in a supreme being has no correlation with being successful. Bill Gates remains an atheist, and we both know who he is. Chances are you computer runs on an OS made by his company undecided

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2014
[left][/left]dude u are not a christian,I most tym look at atheist and wonder how they think,wat derived d stupid conviction dat they is no supreme being,meaning we all fell frm d sky or maybe according to big boom and evolution we were once bacteria,watever,i dont care wat u believe,d world has been sick and is getting sicker pple destroyin d true meanin of marriage-marryin animals,objects,same sex etc,pple changin their sex.dis madness are suppose to be till he comes.
atheism is jst one of dem and to me one of d most baseless,senseless and sickening,years ago even if u are nt a christian u were wise enough to realize dat they had to b a more supreme being somewhere dat designed d world and all dats is in it,nt d stupid excuse of a blast,

I THINK I HAV WRITTEN ENOUGH.D THING IS DIS IF U DONT BELIEVE.IT DOESNT MEAN THEY DONT EXIST.
FrancisTony:

All these religious fanatics and christian bigots.

I am a Christian and Last time I checked, no where is it stated in the bible that we should bully those who don't share our faith.

With this your comment, no wonder boko haram is killing christians in the north and Allah is blessing them. undecided undecided
;
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
masonkz:

Which of the Gods? The one brought to you by the white masters who told you that the devil looks just like you (black), while God looks like them (white)? Or the Gods that my Asian friends serve?

Or is it just ok to believe in just any God? As far as there's a God belief?

You are saying gibberish. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2014
Codedone: [left][/left]dude u are not a christian,I most tym look at atheist and wonder how they think,wat derived d stupid conviction dat they is no supreme being,meaning we all fell frm d sky or maybe according to big boom and evolution we were once bacteria,watever,i dont care wat u believe d world has been sick and is getting sicker pple destroyin d true meanin of marriage-marryin animals,objects,same sex etc,pple changin their sex.dis madness are suppose to be till he comes,atheism is jst one of dem and to me one of d most baseless,senseless and sickening,years ago even if u are nt a christian u were wise enough to realize dat they had to b a more supreme being somewhere dat designed d world and all dats is in it,nt d stupid excuse of a blast,I THINK I HAV WRITTEN ENOUGH.D THING IS DIS IF U DONT BELIEVE.IT DOESNT MEAN THEY DONT EXIST. ;

I don't need to convince you whether I am a Christian or not.

You said I am not a Christian because I didn't support American Airforce when Jesus clearly stated "Love your neighbour as yourself".

You are now the one who's a Christian when supporting people who is going against God's commandment.

Wow! shocked Bravo! undecided
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
FrancisTony:

You are saying gibberish. undecided

Really?? Or you would rather accept what you've been told than reason. How about you correct me if I'm wrong, instead of writing the above?

When Christians see a vision of "devil" and his angels, do they visualise them as white? I think not! grin

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
masonkz:

Really?? Or you would rather accept what you've been told than reason. How about you correct me if I'm wrong, instead of writing the above?

When Christians see a vision of "devil" and his angels, do they visualise them as white? I think not! grin

^^^

All the crap you wrote up there, is a myth propagated by our grandfather or should I say fanatic whites who knows nothing about bible.

Before you can convince me you are saying something sensible, show me where it's written in the bible that God is white while devil is dark. undecided

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
This ur definition of a christian whose brothers in d faith hav been bombed and slaughtered for years in the north-''no wonder boko haram is killing christians in the north and Allah is blessing them''

I STAND BY MY STATEMENT,U could very well b going to church because ur parents do,jst to fulfill all righteousness,dat doesnt make u a christian.especially wit such statements.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by okzcorp: 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
masonkz:

Believing in a supreme being has no correlation with being successful. Bill Gates remains an atheist, and we both know who he is. Chances are you computer runs on an OS made by his company undecided

I knew you will be running to use Bill to corroborte ya case, but trust me to disappoint you. Bill is a Deist. He is aware of God's existence.
I need a stronger case.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 14, 2014
Codedone: This ur definition of a christian whose brothers in d faith hav been bombed and slaughtered-''no wonder boko haram is killing christians in the north and Allah is blessing them''

I STAND BY MY STATEMENT,U could very well b going to church because ur parents do,jst to fulfill all righteousness,dat doesnt make u a christian.especially wit such statements.

Did you know why I made that statement?

Why not ask? The dude was like praising God because Christians are killing atheist.

FYI, Shekau and his cohort kill christians and shout allahu akbar which means Praise to Allah if I am not mistaking. If you don't mind, I'll give you countless of quaranic verse that says about blessing to any Muslim that kills the infidels(Jews, Christians, Pagans etc)

P.S- Alqeada do the same.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
okzcorp:

I knew you will be running to use Bill to corroborte ya case, but trust me to disappoint you. Bill is a Deist. He is aware of God's existence.
I need a stronger case.

Bill Gate is an atheist not deist.

His Wife and Children are Theist(christians).
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
I challenge an atheist to say sensibly wat their reason for being one?.lets b objective,christians and atheist alike.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
chizzy94:
Bill Gates is not an Atheist bro!
He's Agnostic.

lol. Agnostic is one of the stupid thing to be.

Anyways, it's all good.

He is still doubting. grin
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by NoContract(m): 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
herald9: I rather say it than loose my job...

What will it change if you don't mean it...

undecided

Typical Nigerian.

Go back to school!

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
Wetin concern you pipu?? Huh
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Vado(m): 1:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
Too many uneducated dolts on this thread. Do you seriously think the statement "So help me God" in question is a reference to Jehovah of Christians?
I do not agree with the punishment melted on that soldier. It was more like a breach of contract knowing fully well that he signified "none" as his religion before.
The USA was built as a free society so if they want to continually sell that liberal society thing to the world, they ought not have a problem with that soldier. US was never a Christian country so atheists should please spare us the gibberish and shots.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by okzcorp: 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2014
FrancisTony:

Bill Gate is an atheist not deist.

His Wife and Children are Theist(christians).

An excerpt to bolster this claim would suffice.
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by zicky(m): 1:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
masonkz:

Which of the Gods? The one brought to you by the white masters who told you that the devil looks just like you (black), while God looks like them (white)? Or the Gods that my Asian friends serve?

Or is it just ok to believe in just any God? As far as there's a God belief?
. You just expose your foolishness, were your fore-fathers not worshiping a god before the white came to African, was the god black or white ?
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by NoContract(m): 1:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
zicky: . You just expose your foolishness, were your fore-fathers not worshiping a god before the white came to African, was the god black or white ?

Zicky,

Answer the questions below. ALL QUESTIONS CARRY EQUAL MARKS.

Part 1

Are you really ready for this argument?

How old are you? Twenties or in you thirties?

What's your religion?

What God or gods do you serve?

Of all the available gods throughout history, why did you choose to serve this particular God?

State two (2) reasons why you are convinced beyond doubt that your God is the right God.

Why do you serve him/her/it?

Where do you get your morals from?

Do you have a conscience?

Answer ASAP

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by zicky(m): 1:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
NoContract:

Zicky,

Answer the questions below. ALL QUESTIONS CARRY EQUAL MARKS.

Part 1

Are you really ready for this argument?

How old are you? Twenties or in you thirties?

What's your religion?

What God or gods do you serve?

Of all the available gods throughout history, why did you choose to serve this particular God?

Why do you serve him/her/it?

Where do you get your morals from?

Do you have a conscience?

Answer ASAP

Mr man you made a silly comment and I drew your attention to the fact that they are other (African)gods beside the white, Arab, Indian(white gods). The argument here is about existence of god be it white black indigo or voilet
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by NoContract(m): 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2014
zicky: Mr man you made a silly comment and I drew your attention to the fact that they are other (African)gods beside the white, Arab, Indian(white gods). The argument here is about existence of god be it white black indigo or voilet

YOU FAILED!

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by neutrotoba(m): 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
MizMyColi:

cheesy
cheesy

I take it you're simply ignorant or strawmanning,
undecided undecided
Eitherways, I'm off to the salon.
I take it ur an atheist or a muslim, eitherways, you have been brainwashed... Make good hair
Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by zicky(m): 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
NoContract:

[size=18pt]YOU FAILED![/size]
Yea because you did not include my state of origin, school attended, next of kin and fathers name in the form you ask me to fill.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force by Orikinla(m): 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
America is God's own country.
And not an atheists country.
The atheist should accept God or look for an atheists air force to join.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

RCCG Church Abuja Attacked, Looted And Burnt By Suspected Extremists (Photo) / A Christian Group Feeds Muslim Beggars On Sallah Day (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.