Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? (22314 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? / Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
standd:

Teddy bear tongue
Big sis angry grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by iceberylin(m): 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
i just wish i can find a woman who could cook as good as my Mom
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by UuzbaGuuzba: 8:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
If you go ahead to marry a woman who is not in anyway like your mum, just REMEMBER THE FOOD.

E NO GO SWEET O!!!!!!
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
RoyalRoy: Mr Matthewbriggs, its only natural to want a life partner who will give you much happiness like the man/woman you have known earlier in life. Most people will approach a lady simply because "she looks like their mum" while some ladies will trip for a guy simply cos "he reminds them of their dad".

Our parents are heroes to us in most situations and this is what most of us look forward to reciprocate in our new family too.

I would like my future wife to be a copy of my mum but with a slight adjustment.
Obviously we can't want a 100% copy of someone else cos no one is 100% perfect .

Very well said Roy I quite agree with you ... Moreover going from the comment sofar I think this may be subjective given that not everyone might have received so much happiness from their parents and in turn may detest copies of their parents.

As for me I want an improved version of my mum. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by jvera(f): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
sugaarbear: huh?
yes oooo
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by bosun11(m): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
i would marry someone like my mother a ZILLION TIMES...........Nice topic..OP

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
beeevan:

Hahaha, mine was monogamous, very fun loving, easy going,kind hearted and generous to a fault but eeehhh....we for done divorce mehn......women loved him and he loved them back embarassed.

Bwahahahahaha
It is a better option compared to the wife beaters
At least he was spreading love and peace not violence

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Pretyangel25(f): 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Malakh: chai that background is not doing you any justice pretyangel
hmmmm
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by thinezy(f): 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
wish to marry a man as patient,understanding, caring n open as my dad
also wish to b a very smart n intelligent,homemaker as my mum
hw she manages d house mks me tink she is perfect
#notthenaggingtho
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by beeevan: 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Babymama1:

Bwahahahahaha
It is a better option compared to the wife beaters
At least he was spreading love and peace not violence

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
Like My Mum.
OP: Why?
ME: Even though she was the 7th wife (A ghanaian) amidst other 6 Nigerian women, she became most preferred by her character and conduct.
OP: Is that all?
ME: NO, she taught me about God and how to respect ladies too. She will spank me wella even when i insulted my other half brothers.
OP: Wow!
ME: She is my FIRST Teacher (for real). My first example. My first leader. My first role model. (for real).
OP: Like seriously!
ME: As in enh... I love her not because she gave birth to me physically but also spiritually. She educated me about sex. Blah blah blah...

THUMBS UP FOR MY MAMA and others like her out there. Maami Katherine.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by kobonaire(m): 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
This question is kinda freaky
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
The biggest fault my dad has is that when he gets angry,he gets very angry and can remain in that state of being upset for a while
Thank God without violence
That is also the biggest weakness my husband has
He doesn't let go of faults done him,very easily and he knows it is an issue for him
If he takes someone in confidence and they slip or betray his trust or he has a perception of trust betrayed,he completely switches off that person and there is no going back to the way it was.
I know this and try to shield him by keeping some info I know about people from him so he doesn't judge them too harshly.
He can completely switch off from a group or association once he feels some vibes

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
sholasholala:
Big sis angry grin

Baby boo smiley
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
my papa??yes/no....my mum??yes/yes
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by fidzy(m): 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
debrihachi: nope. ..at my age he still tells me t close my eyes wen people r abt t kiss or v sex ...hell t dat no

Lol... grin grin grin
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mothers are getting more thumbs up while fathers are getting more thumbs down in this thread. This is very sad and disturbing. Unfortunately, the vicious circle would continue.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
vosquare: I will like to marry a woman like my mother because
1. my mother is a faithful woman. she has faith in everything
2. my mother is caring and very generous
3. my mother is hardworking and disciplined
4. my mother loves her family
5. my mother knows how to study and understand ppl
6. my mother is very religious
7. my mother supports her husband, children, orphans, widows, deafs and d cripples
8. my mother has plan for everything
9. God fearing woman
10. No one can be like my mother

I'm not looking for all this attributes in my future wife because she can never be like mother she might be better than her though..

all what I need from my wife is understanding and love, when I have that kind I have no problem smiley

Guy, you wouldnt believe I am shedding some tears right now as I type this. My mum is late now; she had all those qualities you listed above. I just copied your ode word for word and saved it in my email for a reminder of who my mum was. May the lord keep your mum.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by slimfredo(m): 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
meh,..... dis is quite hard ooo... dont even know if i would marry someone like my dad at all no matter the amount given to me... but i could go with my mum small
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
TrollMan:

Awww, this really got me. embarassed
But Big kudos to him for bringing up a sincere lady like You.

It got you, probably because you are just like that to your wife #justsayaing lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by jauntty: 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
Matthewbriggs: I am your typical career focused young man who rarely has the time to really invest in a relationship.

For eg I detested weak women, women who needed to pushed, who cannot take initiative, and clearly do not have a clear plan and focus for life and I find my self turned on by the go getting type of woman, the ones we call strong women. The kind that does not just have the ability to plan but also has the strong will and dedication to execute on them just like or even better than my mum. I might be attracted to a woman but one's I get closer and discover she lacked these attributes no matter how beautiful she is my interest dies automatically

#Mathewbriggs
Guess I have a lot in common with the OP. Those are some qualities my mum possesses that I would love to see in my future-wife. The day I see these in a lady I will NEVER let her go......But while the ultimate search for my Mum-like wifey is on., Let me spend time with the side chicz

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by manny4life(m): 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
For me, I want a slight modified version of my mom... Why?

My mom is generous to a fault, even after she's been hurt, she still wants to help you.. Mbanu, everyone rips what they sow. If you hurt me badly, that's it. As for the other parts that make up my mom, by all means do I want them in my wife.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by princessayesha(f): 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
Yes o....a younger version of my dad would be so #dorohawt wink
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by vosquare: 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
didadavid:

Guy, you wouldnt believe I am shedding some tears right now as I type this. My mum is late now; she had all those qualities you listed above. I just copied your ode word for word and saved it in my email for a reminder of who my mum was. May the lord keep your mum.
sorry dude.... sorry for the loss.... won't hear such news in ur family again
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
standd:

Baby boo smiley
Why do you want to derail this beautiful thread?
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Enasco1(m): 8:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
sholasholala: I will like to marry a man who will treat me the way my Dad treats my Mum.
will u treat d man d way ur mum treats ur day??
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by bliss2al(m): 8:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
murdering English since 200AD

if see someone with my mum's quality. gbam I'll just put a ring on it sharply coz my mum is too.
....awesome
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by cirmuell(m): 8:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
didadavid:

God be with you bro sad
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ofcourse,I can marry someone like my dad...infact m praying to marry someone like him.so caring nd loving
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Fraih(f): 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
.......Infact,he has to be like my dad...I have the best dad-tall,handsome,STRONG,caring,INDUSTRIOUS,fun,jovial,attractive,learned..........it goes on and on
And mum equally a great complement...I sure would wana be like her!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is The Funniest Moment Of Your Childhood? See Mine! / Benue Girl Who Was Found Wandering In Abakaliki Reunites With Her Dad (Photos) / Mother In Law Wants My 2.5 Year Old To Sleepover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.