Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? (22299 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? / Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by MOBBDEEP: 9:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

For eg I detested weak women, women who needed to pushed, who cannot take initiative, and clearly do not have a clear plan and focus for life and I find my self turned on by the go getting type of woman, the ones we call strong women. The kind that does not just have the ability to plan but also has the strong will and dedication to execute on them just like or even better than my mum. I might be attracted to a woman but one's I get closer and discover she lacked these attributes no matter how beautiful she is my interest

#Mathewbriggs

Perhaps someone patterned after my step-mum.

In another news, Mr MatthewBriggs, I think I have the medicine for your illness.
You seem to be searching hard & the height is damn too high to reach.
I have some good news for you.
I'll offer my professional service free of charge by providing you personalities with this hard-to-meet profile of yours.
Ummmmmm!!!, I'm talking about 2 people here on NL viz:
*Ms MissMeiya.
*Ms Kulyie.

Hope you quite understand that occasional throwing of "tantrums" goes along with the profile you sooooo much desired!!!
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Enasco1(m): 9:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
sholasholala:
Yes.
It will be a luxury to do so wink
easier said than done
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
Vivly: God forbid.

This is an intense reply with deep meaning. cheesy
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
MOBBDEEP:

In another news, Mr MatthewBriggs, I think I have the medicine for your illness.
I'll offer my professional service free of charge by providing you personalities with this hard-to-meet profile of yours.
* Ms MissMeiya.
* Ms Kulyie.

Hope you quite understand that occasional throwing of "tantrums" goes along with the profile you sooooo much desired!!!

No not their type. cheesy . My mother no dey give my father headache.

There is a clear difference between strong willed and been stubborn.

PS. I am not in any way referring or not referring to those stated.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by stanjohn57: 9:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
manny4life: For me, I want a slight modified version of my mom... Why?

My mom is generous to a fault, even after she's been hurt, she still wants to help you.. Mbanu, everyone rips what they sow. If you hurt me badly, that's it. As for the other parts that make up my mom, by all means do I want them in my wife.

EXACTLY! And I told my mum that hey, I won't want to marry a woman as lenient and forgiving as she is. And she laughed at me, saying she will wait and see.
I prefer a woman of authority, both outside and in the house, who can stand up to me and check my excesses and at the same time be understanding. Won't let 'outsiders' get everrything they want, cos hey, I know I can be over tolerant.
In Shaggy's voice #I luv to see d ladies take full control.........
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Ruucky: 9:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
None I dnt want my spose to b lyk any of my parents
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
MOBBDEEP:

*Ms MissMeiya.
*Ms Kulyie.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL I'm flattered. Both by your assessment of me and the fact that you noticed me. Re: tantrums, I prefer to call them, err... passionate debates cheesy I'm argumentative, I'll admit. Because I'm confident? Lol rationalizing...

MatthewBriggs... name sounds familiar... seek out professional associations and you'll find driven women.
Strong women (like my mother) likely experienced hardship that toughened them. My mother is the rock of our family, she's so pragmatic, I'm in awe of her. Look for women who have, or have had to take care of other people. That experience makes one decisive and responsible.

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by felifeli: 9:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
[sub][/sub]
masonkz: Nope. I don't want a guy like my father. Personal reasons. I'd rather prefer the guy to be like my mum though. Ideas keep popping off her head every damn minute.
You want a man. Are you gay? :Dw
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
Enasco1: easier said than done
It is actually easier DONE than SAID.
I wasn't joking when I said it will be a luxury.

There are things my Mum does/says to my Dad that makes me angry but my Dad just smiles and will be like "ok what is the real problem? "
And he knows when to ignore her as well.

And BTW
I didn't say I want to marry SOMEONE LIKE MY DAD instead, I said I WANT TO MARRY SOMEONE WHO WILL TREAT ME THE WAY MY DAD TREATS MY MUM.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by RoyalRoy(m): 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ademolapaul: May you live long!
Iseeee.

Thanks Paul.

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Enasco1(m): 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
sholasholala:
It is actually easier DONE than SAID.
I wasn't joking when I said it will be a luxury.

There are things my Mum does/says to my Dad that makes me angry but my Dad just smiles and will be like "ok what is the real problem? "
And he knows when to ignore her as well.

And BTW
I didn't say I want to marry SOMEONE LIKE MY DAD instead, I said I WANT TO MARRY SOMEONE WHO WILL TREAT ME THE WAY MY DAD TREATS MY MUM.

wow, am really moved by ur anx, I like ur statement, u wea realities abt it. Keep it Up.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by acada111(f): 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
My papa? Hmmm lipsrsealed. 5months sef, the marriage last. cry
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Hkana: 10:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
Most of the ladies answering and saying "NO" should realise just how hurt their dads would feel if he reads their reasons.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
Over my dead body. My mum is over religious yet fiercely tribalistic and I can't seem to reconcile both. I mean why claim you are born again yet detest people from other tribes , especially Igbos. Also I am a very open person and I expect such from my partner , my mum on the other hand isn't so open and in fact chides me for being too open. I can marry a religious person but please do not overdo it and do not do what goes against the Bible and claim to be born again , I hate hypocrisy.

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by haftob(m): 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
I will lyk to marry a lady lyk my mum;hardworking,lovely,patient,strict,supportive,religious, u just need to knw my mum to knw wat I'm talking about!
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
Unless I wan die less than a Year after my wedding.

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Tinalex(f): 10:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
yes,yes n yes...i always wish n pray that i marry a man like my dad!! tho hez not perfect but that man i give him kudos!!
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Awoofawo(m): 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
TrollMan: Calling Mum...

Why! are you a phone exchange operator ni or mtn dash you free call!

This your calling too much.... cool
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by homesteady(m): 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
if I see a lady like my Mom, I'll marry her, but thats not what I really want! My Mother is too soft with children!
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Lagbaja01(m): 10:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
Sweetlemon: Unless I wan die less than a Year after my wedding.
seriously, some papa go commit suicide if dem see wetin their lovely daughter wrote about...from d comment so far, it seems 70% of married men are not worth emulating.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
felifeli: [sub][/sub]
You want a man. Are you gay? :Dw

obviously.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Atmmachine(m): 10:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
My father is a Medical Doctor in New York but if you see how he dress, He dresses like those cave men in 1846 grin grin
I don't wanna disrespect him but he's useless.
I don't wanna remember my agonized days in Nigeria, i eat once in 2 days but i still made it to America without anyone's help.

My Mum is too religious,she can pray for 10 hours & she is too soft
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Samoranopapa(m): 10:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
I love my mum,but i will marry a person that is much more better than her,because i av made a promise that my marriage will be like heaven on earth
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
DollyParton1: Yes!!!
And I want to be the type of wife and mother my mum was to my dad and us.

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by fightforchange1(f): 11:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
No freaking way, man.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
fightforchange1: No freaking way, man.

your dad that bad? undecided

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
Many Nigerian men are highly proctective of their daughters which is natural. It makes their daughters feel very much 'in bondage'.
I believe that's why many ladies here do not really fancy marrying someone with their dad's character. They wanna be 'free'.
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by noramoreira746: 11:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
up to I looked at the check which had said $9169 , I did not believe ...that...my best friend woz actually bringing in money in their spare time from there labtop. . there brothers friend haz done this for only about nine months and resantly paid the mortgage on there cottage and purchased a great Porsche 911 . why not try here.. www.MoneyKin.Com

Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by ggirl4real: 11:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by fightforchange1(f): 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

your dad that bad? undecided

well not really....but I don't favor either parents personality..honestly
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by ggirl4real: 12:00am On Sep 12, 2014
Sweetlemon: Unless I wan. die less than a Year after my wedding.
Chai, diariss God o
Re: Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? by dam007(m): 12:01am On Sep 12, 2014
Paradise163: My dad? no way

better to remain single abeg
haba!! Can't be that bad naaa!! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Daughters Of Lesbians Kick Against Lesbianism / Mother In Law Wants My 2.5 Year Old To Sleepover / Benue Girl Who Was Found Wandering In Abakaliki Reunites With Her Dad (Photos)