Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,466 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like (39869 Views)

WINDOWS 8 SUCCESSOR: Windows 10 Unveiled Instead Of Windows 9. / Microsoft Skips Windows 9, Jumps Straight To Windows 10 (pix) / Windows 9 Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
not bad
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by emmatok(m): 7:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
sniperwolf: Anybody complaining of Windows 8 forgets that the world evolves and they should too. The earlier issue I had was that I was unable to play Halo 2, but I found a way to play it on Windows 8.1

It's not all Technology innovations you adopt because some of them are actually flops.

Why do you think most ATM stayed on with Xp until MS decided to discontinue XP support.

People don't just adopt technology because it's new, but because it's works.

Windows 8 is a technology flop and MS admits that.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Trustyd1(m): 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Not only you sir. I did all I could to get my head around windows 8 and it never just gets to stop confusing me. After a while I had to let go and go back to my good old windows 7.

Windows 9 should better be less complicated and confusing like the windows 8.

I'm always confuse when people say they are unfriendly with windows8. For be it's the best windows OS so far. User friendly and easy to use. Though it was a bit confusing when i set my eyes on it the first time.

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by zurine(f): 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
hmm
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by 100Cents: 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
Rocking my windows 10..

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by lordkrys(m): 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
NifemiOlu: Wondering why some peeps are having issues with Windows 8, for me, it's super great...super cool. As for this Windows 9, all I can see is a combination of Windows 7+8.1. Is Microsoft trying to dull us?

as in ehn microsoft wan dull guys oh.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by iluvpomo(m): 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
I love my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (and Pomo of course).
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
daveemuobo:
SMH... have you ever coded before?
I may be a learner, but i'm not a Novice.

LordRahl001: I beg to differ sir!!! Windows 7 doesn't run on DOS sir!!!
Na end-user u be na? U no fit know wetin they happen behind.

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
For those who doesn't know much about this particular Windows 9. It is the Windows 9 Technical Preview Build 9834 meant for those who are close partners to Microsoft to test and report feed backs for the software giants to know how to better serve the consumers. It is not meant to be run on general personal computers you have at home for your routine work.

What you are seeing on those images and video are leaked possibly by one of those who received the software. The images seem to be coming from a German leak with an English Windows Technical Preview. It might not likely be the same thing thing that would be released on September 30, the very date Microsoft promises to announce to grant the public access to the Technical Preview.

THIS IS A LEAKED WINDOWS 9 TECHNICAL PREVIEW.

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Alimtoheeb(m): 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
which window, cus my room only have one window, dat is window1, iand me like am like dat o....lol.......if u wanna reepair ur computer, nd u are in osun state...u cAn PM me...stay bless till †ђξ arrival of window9
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Herrmes: 8:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
I don't know why people are complaining, I never had a problem with it, I absolutely love it, addicted is better can't change
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by just2endowed: 8:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
I use Ubuntu Linux
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Haishophem(m): 8:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
Had issue initially operating win 8 but later fell in love with it....most win 7 apps works fine on win 8 and ve been using the start menu on my win 8 can't wait to see what win 9 looks like
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by eduxerxes: 8:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
Why do y'all peeps keep changing Windows? Windows 7 does it for me. Windows 8, 9 or 10...only microsoft shuld use 'em. Na so dem go change the color of Techno H5 come call am Techno H-phantom. Naija mugus go dey rush go buy! Any way.....continue.....!!!
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by AreaFada2: 8:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
Well they better release it quick.

Windows 8 is the most silly one they have ever released.

The anti-social geek who signed it off as ok deserved his balls kicked.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by AreaFada2: 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
eduxerxes: Why do y'all peeps keep changing Windows? Windows 7 does it for me. Windows 8, 9 or 10...only microsoft shuld use 'em. Na so dem go change the color of Techno H5 come call am Techno H-phantom. Naija mugus go dey rush go buy! Any way.....continue.....!!!
Dude there's nothing wrong with moving with the times.

If I buy a laptop in 2014 I wanna have the latest OS.

You could have remained with Windows 95, it was very simple & neat. grin
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by LordRahl001: 8:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
engrjidex:
I may be a learner, but i'm not a Novice.

Na end-user u be na? U no fit know wetin they happen behind.
don't be so sure sir!!!!
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by gramci: 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
Windows 8.1 drinks data like mad
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Decryptor(m): 8:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
#Team Windows 7 till computer goes extint!
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Harrybanty(m): 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
NifemiOlu: Wondering why some peeps are having issues with Windows 8, for me, it's super great...super cool. As for this Windows 9, all I can see is a combination of Windows 7+8.1. Is Microsoft trying to dull us?
a new virtual assistant was added to windows 9, Cortana. Its the only reason I'm excited
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
Better.

Windows 8 na rubbish. I use it with shortcut keys.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Harrybanty(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
oyewolestephen: Please am confused, am I going to receive the update on my window phone?
you wish! Your phone is still gonna be on windows 8, unless you find a way to upgrade it (by professional help) or you wait a month after the release of Windows 9 and BUY A NEW WINDOWS 9 PHONE!
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by abatically(m): 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
People complaining about the complexity of windows 8, I wonder what they would say when they use MAC. I love my windows 8.1 and nothing will ever make me go back to windows 7. Windows 8 is very easy to use. Actually its just windows 7 with added functions. The search button alone murders windows 7 and u don't need any command prompts to get to certain menus.. just use the search button. You want to get to control panel? Use search button. Want to get to device manager? Use search button. Want regedit? Use search button. In fact u can use the search button to navigate anywhere in windows 8.1. So in reality it is less cumbersome than its predecessor.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by eduxerxes: 9:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
AreaFada2: .
Dude there's nothing wrong with moving with the times.

If I buy a laptop in 2014 I wanna have the latest OS.

You could have remained with Windows 95, it was very simple & neat. grin

getting a new Lapi is a different case al-to-get-her. I mean changing ur windows version because u saw Windows 9...and complaining abt its features afterwards
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by sniperwolf(m): 9:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
abatically: People complaining about the complexity of windows 8, I wonder what they would say when they use MAC. I love my windows 8.1 and nothing will ever make me go back to windows 7. Windows 8 is very easy to use. Actually its just windows 7 with added functions. The search button alone murders windows 7 and u don't need any command prompts to get to certain menus.. just use the search button. You want to get to control panel? Use search button. Want to get to device manager? Use search button. Want regedit? Use search button. In fact u can use the search button to navigate anywhere in windows 8.1. So in reality it is less cumbersome than its predecessor.

Help me educate them, everything is on the start menu. Every user software is right there and it can be customized to user's taste. No need for CMD type whatever you are looking for.

The magic charm on the touch-pad is awesome (just swipe from left to right between Windows)

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Lordwheez(m): 9:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
grin grin........end time tinz
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Timijo(m): 9:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
It is not by force for everyone to use window9. If you cannot use window8 successfully, seek for the knowledge from the experts or you port to the window you can use. Remember, variety is the spice of life. People should learn to appreciate new inventions.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Trustyd1(m): 9:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
sonnie10: Quick question guys. Who has been able to download google chrome on window 8 (8.1). Please let me know what you did. Thanks
I did nothing extra ordinary. I just google it, download the installer. Run it but you need internet connection to install because during the installation it will download the main files.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by abatically(m): 9:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
sniperwolf:

Help me educate them, everything is on the start menu. Every user software is right there and it can be customized to user's taste. No need for CMD type whatever you are looking for.

The magic on the touch-pad is awesome (just swipe from left to right between Windows)

I tell u. Windows 8 is a better version of windows 7. It has every functions of windows 7 but better presentation and neater UI. Better notification and I love the charms bar. What about ability to share ur desktop by just swiping from left to right on the trackpad. I've been using windows 8/8.1 for 2 years now.. and 2 weeks ago I tried using a friend's windows 7 and I was like WTF is this?

People are just afraid of change. They see the metro UI and in their mind they thought they can't use it. Really if u don't want the metro just boot to desktop and its not too different from windows 7.

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Bawss1(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
Trust most people here with their Win 8 hate, they bought into the largely unfounded hate from the internet with little or no personal experience of their own.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by sniperwolf(m): 9:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
emmatok:

It's not all Technology innovations you adopt because some of them are actually flops.

Why do you think most ATM stayed on with Xp until MS decided to discontinue XP support.

People don't just adopt technology because it's new, but because it's works.

Windows 8 is a technology flop and MS admits that.

Nigerian Banks and their cost management style. They will switch instantly when hackers start taking advantage of the loopholes due to discontinuation of XP support. They are all vulnerable to attacks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Common Uses Of Function Keys F1 To F12 On Your Computer Keyboard / Over 100 Computer Keyboard Shortcuts!!! / Come for Laptop screen replacement in our Abuja and Lagos store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.