Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. (31114 Views)

Oluwaseun Samuel-Fajilade With Male And Female Sex Organs Cries Out For Help / Nigerian Lady With A So, So Wide Vagina Cries Out For Help.. / West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Bobby4090: 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
SporaD8: Thanks for the adjustment.
...but for the sake of everything that is good, why is this dude fashola not yet operating at federal level?
A big fish is swimming in shallow waters here!

For a state with 70% of the country's industries and head quarters of all the banks, telecoms firms, down stream petroleum firms, with the biggest airport and sea port and 60% of the corporate work force he is operating at a level not less than the vice president. In a sane society, Fashola or Tinubu, whichever of them that controls Lagos ought to be more influential than even your so called federal guys. Take for example, the mayor of just New York city was termed by Forbes magazine as the fifth most influential political position in the US. That's New York city alone because of its financial clout world wide. So dude, better respect the guy.
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
100Cents:

1) Are you a US citizen ?

2) Make sure you do good things to remain US citizen.

3) Any bad news, you will labelled, "Nigerian man resident in U.S. " .

1) A red herring. I refuse to be containerized by a slack jawed sloth like you grin

2) I know nothing but how to do good things.

3) It is not my portion IJN, But maybe it is written thus for those that wish that onto me and it shall for their family.
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 12, 2014
Missy89:

Yes . States can collaborate with foreign countries. many states in Nigeria collaborate with governments abroad for local projects without the federal govt

An astute response.

Isn't it just mind boggling that some non entity sitting in his ramshackle squalor in Isolo (apologies to all Isoloites, it's really a wonderful place I'm sure) is going to try to come across as an expert on the state that I've been living in continuously before he was born?
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by sujex2015: 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
chimexdnice1: They r wlcm
omo welcum them for ur compound.......

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by ubaobi: 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
FrankC3: No country approaches a State within another sovereign country for any kind of help. Besides, the EVD control center in Lagos is not run by the LASG, it is being managed by the Ministry of Health. Liberian Government cannot approach Lagos State government for any kind of help, same way Nigeria cannot approach the California State for any kind of help.

The best that happened in this case is that the LASG collaborated with the efforts of the Federal Ministry of Health. The Director should not pretend that LASG was responsible for the EVD control efforts, no. FMH was. State Ministries of Health supported mainly from enlightenment drive, the very type that the director was doing when he/she made that statement.
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
Lagos needs to show them the way so that they do not keep coming to Lagos thinking we have a special medicine that we are giving them!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
teeowl: Lagos needs to show them the way so that they do not keep coming to Lagos thinking we have a special medicine that we are giving them!

The Nairaland astute post of the day goes to yee Sir.

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by kobikwelu(m): 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
Since its Friday, Let me me be razz abit tongue tongue

When it comes to help, they would need help. But after they would be running their mouths anyhow
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by TundeCole(m): 9:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
Itnews: that is wat u get withva good national infrastruction

Chineke! Chisos!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
TundeCole:

Chineke! Chisos!!!!!!!

Bros, person no fit waka come Nairaland when eating, cause man go choke on his food from laughter ehn.

grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 12, 2014
They should approach d USA joor...shuoo
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by farem: 12:08am On Sep 13, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
FrankC3: No country approaches a State within another sovereign country for any kind of help. Besides, the EVD control center in Lagos is not run by the LASG, it is being managed by the Ministry of Health. Liberian Government cannot approach Lagos State government for any kind of help, same way Nigeria cannot approach the California State for any kind of help.

The best that happened in this case is that the LASG collaborated with the efforts of the Federal Ministry of Health. The Director should not pretend that LASG was responsible for the EVD control efforts, no. FMH was. State Ministries of Health supported mainly from enlightenment drive, the very type that the director was doing when he/she made that statement.
When did you escape from Sambisa captivity? Lagos govt has it all! Facilities, personnel,the whole system of efective tracking was and is Lagos. Funding (FG 200m came AFTER one month). The ONLY thing FG has is testing center-LUTH which is easily available in Redeemers' UNiversity. FG keeps sending the tested positive to Lagos govt facilityThe Health minister tries to shine by becoming a glorified town-crier (announcer)
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 13, 2014

lOl.. All I will say to you is....

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by dokia: 1:14am On Sep 13, 2014
approached lagos keh!!! have we figured out how to contain it ourselves??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX5d88v2v04
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by lockupman(m): 3:11am On Sep 13, 2014
Naija would rather divide, with South South and South East going their separate ways than for APC-led government rule this country. Let him come out and contest. I pray I will out of this country before 2015 when Chaos will brew.

kultimate009: BRF been over-shadowing GEJ since 17BC.... Som1 needs to plead with our able governor to contest the 2015 polls.....

#BRF2015
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Nobody: 5:03am On Sep 13, 2014

Thanks pls, enlighten those folks who reason only fashola n lasg. FG tackled EVD alongside lasg.
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by phreakabit(m): 6:00am On Sep 13, 2014
[size=16pt]Thread went from health to politics in what. . . A millisecond? You guys bore me. . . .[/size]
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by maasoap(m): 7:21am On Sep 13, 2014
Tofax: Honestly, sometime I wonder the kind of educated people on this forum. You mean Lagos state can act in isolation in dealing with other countries without the permission of the federal government?

Where did you read it or receive education that told you that Lagos state can't assist other nations without FG permit? What matters most is the Subject Matter, that's, it must not be a deal that will undermine the FG efforts. And assisting foreign nations in area of health is not one of them. Mr Education.
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by rhymz(m): 7:21am On Sep 13, 2014
CityNG:

If you are very smart you would have kept abreast of developments from the beginning. But as the dunce that you are, you are late to the game as usual. It has been stated time after time that (a) it has not been tested on human yet, (b) it is against the law (in countries with a functioning legal system of which Nigeria is not which is the root cause of your inability to function correctly personally) to sell medicine that has not been approved by the FDA (c) the medicine was in short supply with only 6 doses I think on hand.

2) When you have to guess on debate you should graciously bow out and accept your ineptness and defeat. Don't wade into uncharted waters that your mental capacity is not yet developed to handle.

3) Thank you Sir. Coming from you and based on how you've handled yourself on this debate and your total lack of gumption, international education, lack of any wit, I take that as a complete compliment.

4) It's only 1030AM not night yet for me besides you're not going anywhere. Your bruised ego will not allow you to sleep.
Guy like seriously, just shut up already. Your ignorance is so annoying, especially when you feign like you understand what you are arguing about. It is so obvious you don't know jack about the politics surrounding the Ebola containment in Nigeria.

Like Frank already pointed out, LSG can only offer any meaningful assistance through through the involvement of FMH cos this is a pure case of National security. There is no how FG will let Lagos give assistance that might jeopardize the health security of any Nigerian, that is the truth. Ebola is not Malaria or common fever.

And Zmapp was not giving to Nigeria because of the US government politics not that nonsense you wrote up there. In case you do not know, all those pharmaceuticals involved with research on the Ebola virus are being funded by the US military. Tekmira in Canada to Fujifilms in Japan and Mapp pharmaceuticals, they are all being funded by the US military and government, so shut up and talk about what you know.

FG involvement with the containment of Ebola in Nigeria really did a lot to curtail it whether you choose to admit it or not. Before they got involved, it took LASG a wooping 2-3 days to test and confirm if one was infected with the virus. Until FG came a set up CDC laboratory centers in Lagos, Abuja, portharcourt, Enugu Zaria, Ibadan and the likes. Sensitization programs were largely coordinated by FG.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by maasoap(m): 7:28am On Sep 13, 2014
rhymz: Guy like seriously, just shut up already. Your ignorance is so annoying, especially when you feign like you understand what you are arguing about. It is so obvious you don't know jack about the politics surrounding the Ebola containment in Nigeria.

Like Frank already pointed out, LSG can only offer any meaningful assistance through through the involvement of FMH cos this is a pure case of National security. There is no how FG will let Lagos give assistance that might jeopardize the health security of any Nigerian, that is the truth. Ebola is not Malaria or common fever.

And Zmapp was not giving to Nigeria because of the US government politics not that nonsense you wrote up there. In case you do not know, all those pharmaceuticals involved with research on the Ebola virus are being funded by the US military. Tekmira in Canada to Fujifilms in Japan and Mapp pharmaceuticals, they are all being funded by the US military and government, so shut up and talk about what you know.

FG involvement with the containment of Ebola in Nigeria really did a lot to curtail it whether you choose to admit it or not. Before they got involved, it took LASG a wooping 2-3 days to test and confirm if one was infected with the virus. Until FG came a set up CDC laboratory centers in Lagos, Abuja, portharcourt, Enugu Zaria, Ibadan and the likes. Sensitization programs were largely coordinated by FG.
The truth be told, FG arrive at the scene very late. N200 million was released to Lagos state government just few days ago. While the much talked about N1.something billion is meant for purchasing vehicles. Shame!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by ba7man(m): 8:02am On Sep 13, 2014
lawrsmith: you're speaking as if LAS is using their resources in fighting the Ebola disease. you and i knew how much federal government budgeted for lagos state in order to contain the EVD. why given Fashola and lagos state government the credit you suppose to give federal government?
As always, FG distributes funds and leave it to either be used judiciously or embezzled.....without asking for feed back.

I don't recall any FG official running around Lagos inspecting isolation centers, constantly appearing on TV to educate the masses, neither were there an influx of medical experts from Abuja or from any part of d country to come co-ordinate health workers in Lagos.

Some people here were also insulting Fashola's isolation wards for looking like makeshifts when he went around to inspect the work done......which I had to start posting on how "makeshift" tents were needed due to the urgent nature of the disease.

Why are victims from other parts relocated to Lagos?? Is the Federal Ministry of Health not present in other parts??

FG just release money, kudos to the Lagos State Govt for making the most out of it.

While we were in the thick of it, no one saw it as a FG effort back then, it was more as if some people were waiting for Fashola to fail so that all hell can break loose or start blaming him.

When Fashola was being insulted for being pro-active and his efforts, the general reply then was "Was is your Governor doing to curb Ebola". They even saw it as an APC state thing.....

If it was most states in the frontline, hundreds might have died by now. Thank your Gods that it wasn't most other Governors that encountered it firsthand.

I'm sure deep down inside you all, you know this but just won't admit it.
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by MadCow1: 8:32am On Sep 13, 2014
obayaya:

And what prevented the company that produced Zmapp from giving it to Nigeria?

Your guess is as good as mine.

I'm sorry to say this sir!! But you're not very smart

Good night

To answer your first sentence... Zmapp was funded by the US military as part of their biological weapons defense program and so could not have been sold to anyone without government approval..
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by MadCow1: 8:38am On Sep 13, 2014
ba7man: As always, FG distributes funds and leave it to either be used judiciously or embezzled.....without asking for feed back.

I don't recall any FG official running around Lagos inspecting isolation centers, constantly appearing on TV to educate the masses, neither were there an influx of medical experts from Abuja or from any part of d country to come co-ordinate health workers in Lagos.

Some people here were also insulting Fashola's isolation wards for looking like makeshifts when he went around to inspect the work done......which I had to start posting on how "makeshift" tents were needed due to the urgent nature of the disease.

Why are victims from other parts relocated to Lagos?? Is the Federal Ministry of Health not present in other parts??

FG just release money, kudos to the Lagos State Govt for making the most out of it.

While we were in the thick of it, no one saw it as a FG effort back then, it was more as if some people were waiting for Fashola to fail so that all hell can break loose or start blaming him.

When Fashola was being insulted for being pro-active and his efforts, the general reply then was "Was is your Governor doing to curb Ebola". They even saw it as an APC state thing.....

If it was most states in the frontline, hundreds might have died by now. Thank your Gods that it wasn't most other Governors that encountered it firsthand.

Erm.. how did Fashola judiciously make use of funds that were never his to spend? Or are you implying that Fashola has access to the budgetary allocations of the Federal Ministry of Health?

And who told you those whoa powered actively setting up shop to fight ebola in Lagos were workers of the state and not federal?

And Lagos was the epicenter of in the fight against Ebola because Lagos was where patient zero (Sawyer) first landed.

Nobody is saying Fashola did nothing against Ebola, but the bulk of it is Federal. Infact, States have very little jurisdiction in this issue as it is a matter of national security.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by MadCow1: 8:41am On Sep 13, 2014
rhymz: Guy like seriously, just shut up already. Your ignorance is so annoying, especially when you feign like you understand what you are arguing about. It is so obvious you don't know jack about the politics surrounding the Ebola containment in Nigeria.

Try as hard as you may, it would take a miracle to get basic niggas to understand you..

Infact, I suggest you take a breather as most if the folks you are chatting with are juveniles.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by cococandy(f): 8:42am On Sep 13, 2014
'Highly' educated folks cheesy grin
Tofax: Honestly, sometime I wonder the kind of educated people on this forum. You mean Lagos state can act in isolation in dealing with other countries without the permission of the federal government?

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by ABC247(m): 8:55am On Sep 13, 2014
ba7man: As always, FG distributes funds and leave it to either be used judiciously or embezzled.....without asking for feed back.

So you want the Health officials from the FCT and other states to come and inform you at the comfort of your home that they have arrived LAGOS to fight Ebola before you believe that they helped out. So deep down your mind, you believe that Ebola was fought only by Lagosian Health officials. Let me inform you that among the Health officials in Lagos were IGBO'S, HAUSA'S, NIGER DELTANS AND YORUBAS FROM OTHER STATES.
YOUR IGNORANCE IS EVEN WORSE THAN THIS EBOLA WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.
SO MUCH FOR SOME PARTY MEMBERS. SMH.
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by ba7man(m): 9:11am On Sep 13, 2014
ABC247:
So you want the Health officials from the FCT and other states to come and inform you at the comfort of your home that they have arrived LAGOS to fight Ebola before you believe that they helped out. So deep down your mind, you believe that Ebola was fought only by Lagosian Health officials. Let me inform you that among the Health officials in Lagos were IGBO'S, HAUSA'S, NIGER DELTANS AND YORUBAS FROM OTHER STATES.
YOUR IGNORANCE IS EVEN WORSE THAN THIS EBOLA WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.
SO MUCH FOR SOME PARTY MEMBERS. SMH.
If you can't talk from the other side of the fence without insults..............get the f#ck off my "mentions". undecided
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by lastpage: 9:25am On Sep 13, 2014
PointB: Nigeria has an obligation to Nigerian citizens to assist other West African nations (Liberia, Sierra Leone, etc) to combact and reign in this deadly virus. If these countries get overwhelmed, there is no border control that will stop expose people, who have the means, from seeking succor in other countries like Nigeria.
Either we take the fight to Liberia and Sierra Leone or eventually fight it here in Nigeria. Time to act is NOW!

[size=18pt]NO!!
"THEY' should take the fight to AMERICA!![/size]..... That is where the ONLY KNOWN CURE, (ZMapp) is LOCATED!
angry angry angry

Instead, we should tighten our porous borders properly and remain extra vigilant at our port of entries.
Abeg, leave Nigeria out of this deadly game! undecided undecided

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Teymanhenry(f): 9:26am On Sep 13, 2014
OK at least we are now doing something of worth and pride. other countries seeking for medical help from us. That's Cool

1 Like

Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Chigold101(m): 9:29am On Sep 13, 2014
adeniyisavage:

Bad belle
what is bad belle in what he said? EVD centre in lagos is owned and managed by FG
Re: Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. by Ninapha(f): 9:30am On Sep 13, 2014
adeniyisavage:

Bad belle

there is nothing like bad belle. As much as we appreciate the efforts of every one who made the victory sure, including the salt and water awareness strategist, lol, it wd be out of place for a country to seek for help thru a state organ.

We are learned na everything must not be PDP and APC appraisal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kaduna's 300-Bed Specialist Hospital Taken Over By Weeds / COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? / JOHESU Strike Claims Nigeria’s Only Neuropathologist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.