Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor (93954 Views)

My Experience With Shoptomydoor / Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor / My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Yawakta: 2:41am On Sep 08, 2015
Order #69760 has arrived. This is a shipment containing two parts: Items were packed such that the more fragile ones were put together. Thus, as usual, no item was damaged.
I was not able to place the order for shipping before a Friday thus it could not make the shipping timeline for that week, so I had to wait till the next week's shipping time...(bummer)
AnyWho... My order was promptly shipped the next week and it arrived 4 days before the expected date of delivery so yay!...:::

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Yawakta: 2:54am On Sep 08, 2015
Alhamdulillah! Order #70368 is here. This time around I was able to meet up and place my shipping request in time for the weeks shipment.
I must say that I am very happy with the way items containing liquid materials were wrapped inside an extra waterproof packaging, this way it does not spill out or ruin other items in case of any mishaps! But luckily there were no spills and all items were fine and dry.
We now have SMS notification for when items are received in the warehouse and for shipping status. However I prefer to only have email notifications, I ship a lot and will not want my phone's inbox filled with so many messages. Moreover I check my mail box more than 6 times a day.
That being said, I will recommend shipping with Shoptomydoor; they are reliable, trustworthy and committed. Once you get to understand the way they operate you should not have any issues, and of course there is always room for improvement. Keep up the good work!
Ma' as Salam...:::

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by ezeuba(m): 8:23am On Sep 08, 2015
Seeing that this is the only sure way to reach Mr. Nduka Ude (owner of ShopToMyDoor) I will use this medium often to point out issues and make commendations as necessary. Still on the SMS notification charges. I shipped about 8 items last weekend and was charged for SMS notification for each of those items, yet I never received ANY notification to my registered MTN number for ANY of those items, either when they were entered into the warehouse or during any change in the status of those shipments. Yet I have been billed for the SMS notification. I think that if this charge must stay let it be called something else because it clear pisses me, and I'm sure others, to be billed for a non-existent service. I like your service overall, really appreciate it after having tried others, but it makes no sense billing me for a service I am not enjoying. If it was called warehouse charge or something else we can relate to I will understand and go along, but calling it SMS notification charge when I never receive any SMS is not right with me, and I'm sure others as well.
Thank you and GOD bless.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 10:17am On Sep 08, 2015
Hello Ezeuba,

This new development is as a result of popular demand and as such we had to incorporate the SMS alert. Typically, you ought to receive SMS alerts when items are received in your warehouse as well as when there is any change in your shipment status. This has already taken effect and customers who have verified their numbers have already started receiving notifications via SMS.
Unfortunately, we have noticed that there seems to be an issue with customers having MTN lines. Please edit your number and use any other line that is not an MTN line as your main number. A code will be received immediately and you will start receiving your notifications. We apologize for this and are working to know the reason for this. Once the issue with MTN lines are figured and sorted out you can then reset your main number to the preferred MTN number.

Also, the 99 cents is not just covering SMS alert but also your warehouse inventory/update charge. As such 99 cents covers all items received in each delivery from Fedex, UPS or any other carrier irrespective of the number of items in each delivery as well the energy and effort expended by your warehouse personnel to ensure that every single item received in your warehouse is accurate.

Here are some examples below to make this clear, so you can see how this works:

1. If we receive a box from any courier service such as: FEDEX, UPS and any other courier, containing 70 items/purchases. This counts as a delivery and you will be charged only 99 cents.

2. If we receive a box from any courier service with 390 items/purchases. This also counts as one delivery and only a 99 cents charge will apply.

3. If we receive a box from UPS/FEDEX or any other courier service containing one laptop. This counts as one delivery and a 99 cents charge will also apply. Also, if your box comes with 7 or more laptops you will only get a charge of 99 cents.

Thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor for your shopping and shipping needs.

ezeuba:
Seeing that this is the only sure way to reach Mr. Nduka Ude (owner of ShopToMyDoor) I will use this medium often to point out issues and make commendations as necessary. Still on the SMS notification charges. I shipped about 8 items last weekend and was charged for SMS notification for each of those items, yet I never received ANY notification to my registered MTN number for ANY of those items, either when they were entered into the warehouse or during any change in the status of those shipments. Yet I have been billed for the SMS notification. I think that if this charge must stay let it be called something else because it clear pisses me, and I'm sure others, to be billed for a non-existent service. I like your service overall, really appreciate it after having tried others, but it makes no sense billing me for a service I am not enjoying. If it was called warehouse charge or something else we can relate to I will understand and go along, but calling it SMS notification charge when I never receive any SMS is not right with me, and I'm sure others as well.
Thank you and GOD bless.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by ezeuba(m): 11:47am On Sep 08, 2015
shoptomydoor:
Hello Ezeuba,

This new development is as a result of popular demand and as such we had to incorporate the SMS alert. Typically, you ought to receive SMS alerts when items are received in your warehouse as well as when there is any change in your shipment status. This has already taken effect and customers who have verified their numbers have already started receiving notifications via SMS.
Unfortunately, we have noticed that there seems to be an issue with customers having MTN lines. Please edit your number and use any other line that is not an MTN line as your main number. A code will be received immediately and you will start receiving your notifications. We apologize for this and are working to know the reason for this. Once the issue with MTN lines are figured and sorted out you can then reset your main number to the preferred MTN number.

Also, the 99 cents is not just covering SMS alert but also your warehouse inventory/update charge. As such 99 cents covers all items received in each delivery from Fedex, UPS or any other carrier irrespective of the number of items in each delivery as well the energy and effort expended by your warehouse personnel to ensure that every single item received in your warehouse is accurate.

Thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor for your shopping and shipping needs.

OK and thanks for the response. I will change the number to my Visafone line and see how it goes. Still, 99 cents is a bit steep. Considering the exchange rate now, that's more than 200 Naira per item delivered. 10 items and an extra 2000 Naira accrues to the total charges. Just saying. Thanks again and GOD bless.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by obomita20: 11:50am On Sep 08, 2015
Another week, another deliver. Arrived just on time.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by jaz(m): 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2015
how does shoptomydoor works ?
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hello Jaz,

Our platform is designed to enable you shop from USA, UK and China from the comfort of your home or office using your laptop or mobile.
First, once you are registered on www.shoptomydoor.com, you will be assigned 3 free warehouse addresses in USA, UK and China. These a=warehouse addresses will enable you shop as though you reside in any of these locations from thousands of online stores in USA, UK and China.
It only takes 30 seconds to one minute to sign up and start saving with Shoptomydoor. Go to our home page and click on the JOIN NOW link. Fill the form and you will be issued your shopping address in US, UK and China instantly.

Watch this video on how easy it is to use your Shoptomydoor account for your online shopping needs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU2d4hxHLMY&feature=youtu.be.

jaz:
how does shoptomydoor works ?
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by vibrant99(m): 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hello SHOPTOMYDOOR...

I actually wish Nduka ( My name sake) Himself could get to read this, It is basically on the Delivery of product from The franchise it was purchased through to the courier used and finally to your shed, It is quite simple as the case may be as well as it appears to us the owners of this items, but i know it isn't that simple, a lot of work goes down in this processes and may a times i believe this courier services would love their jobs easier than they have them already, This is actually on the part of SHOPTOMYDOOR, Your place in Houston is our second realistic home for deliveries, in short that place belongs to your customers,and as such should be open at every possible best of times for our items to be brought in, I understand you guys work only for 5 days like the usual Civil service we have here in Nigeria, Observe public holidays and weekends, wonderful because they are humans too, But NO! This is business, You lose nothing even if you don't come to work to receive our packages from this couriers, But to observe weekends on the detriment of receiving packages is not entirely good, Cant anyone or set of people work on this days when the whole establishment is observing a kind of "off" at work?

Why am bringing this up is that, i get emails from USPS most times telling me that my package would rather be delayed because the Business was closed, and FEDEX USA will delay it 2 extra days on weekends and deliver by Wednesday, UPS is even worse, Like they are getting back at us,(Shoptomydoor and ME), so i believe this should actually be considered, if Couriers can work all through the week and make deliveries, It is not to receive them that should be an issue, i have wondered why You guys have choose not to receive packages by weekends and Public holiday and i understand, unless there are other reasons best known to you people, My Observation though!
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by jaz(m): 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2015
thanks. will check it out.
shoptomydoor:
Hello Jaz,

Our platform is designed to enable you shop from USA, UK and China from the comfort of your home or office using your laptop or mobile.
First, once you are registered on www.shoptomydoor.com, you will be assigned 3 free warehouse addresses in USA, UK and China. These a=warehouse addresses will enable you shop as though you reside in any of these locations from thousands of online stores in USA, UK and China.
It only takes 30 seconds to one minute to sign up and start saving with Shoptomydoor. Go to our home page and click on the JOIN NOW link. Fill the form and you will be issued your shopping address in US, UK and China instantly.

Watch this video on how easy it is to use your Shoptomydoor account for your online shopping needs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU2d4hxHLMY&feature=youtu.be.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 3:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
Here is a quick one to make this clear to enable you understand how it works:

1. If we receive a box from FEDEX, containing 69 items. This counts as a delivery and there you will be only get charged 99 cents for that delivery.
2. We another box from FEDEX with 500 hundred items. This also counts as one delivery and only a 99 cents charge will apply.
3. If we receive a box from UPS containing one laptop. This counts as one delivery and a 99 cents charge will also apply.

We are not billing for each item but on a particular delivery which may container as many purchases as possible. So, 99 cents covers all items received in any delivery from any carrier irrespective of the number of items in the delivery.

ezeuba:

OK and thanks for the response. I will change the number to my Visafone line and see how it goes. Still, 99 cents is a bit steep. Considering the exchange rate now, that's more than 200 Naira per item delivered. 10 items and an extra 2000 Naira accrues to the total charges. Just saying. Thanks again and GOD bless.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 3:31pm On Sep 08, 2015
Here is a quick one to make this clear, so you can see how this works.

For example:

1. If we receive a box from any courier service such as: FEDEX, UPS and any other courier, containing 70 items/purchases. This counts as a delivery and you will be charged only 99 cents.

2. If we receive a box from any courier service with 390 items/purchases. This also counts as one delivery and only a 99 cents charge will apply.

3. If we receive a box from UPS/FEDEX or any other courier service containing one laptop. This counts as one delivery and a 99 cents charge will also apply. Also, if your box comes with 7 or more laptops you will only get a charge of 99 cents.

Again, 99 cents covers all items received in any delivery from Fedex, UPS or any other carrier irrespective of the number of items in the delivery.

ezeuba:

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by ezeuba(m): 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
shoptomydoor:
Here is a quick one to make this clear, so you can see how this works.

For example:

Again, 99 cents covers all items received in any delivery from Fedex, UPS or any other carrier irrespective of the number of items in the delivery.

This only favours bulk buyers. Those of us who are financially constrained, and hence can only afford to buy things singly for now, will not in any way enjoy this feature. If I buy 10 different phones from 10 different sellers this is an additional $9.90 added to my charges. I feel it should be done in a way to favour both bulk and single buyers (like me).

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by ezeuba(m): 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
I just got an email notification about warehouse update. A delivered item was updated in my warehouse, and NO SMS ALERT. I changed my primary number to my Visafone line, but there was no SMS alert on that phone. From the earlier responses, do we now take it that the warehouse is no longer free for 21 days? Because that's the clear interpretation of this new 99 cents charge for each delivery. If so, I would suggest a flat monthly or yearly rate for the warehouse fees. Charging per delivery really hurts buyers who purchase single items from many different sellers.
Thanks and GOD bless.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 8:52am On Sep 09, 2015
Hello Nduka,

Nice to meet a name sake. FedEx and UPS do not work on weekends, except you opt for Saturday or next day delivery. Roughly 99% of customers don’t opt for this because of its high cost. USPS (Post Office) on the other hand open on Saturdays. Now, USPS (like FedEx and UPS) knows that virtually all businesses do not open on Saturdays, but they still always attempt to deliver on Saturdays. Obviously, there is a reason why and we'll explain this:

They have an agreement with Amazon and lots of other stores (but mainly Amazon) to deliver within a certain number of days. So if the end of that period falls on a Saturday, to be within their contract they must deliver that day. So what they do is to come to our facility (and every other business) to attempt a delivery. With the delivery attempt, Amazon is notified that they have kept to their delivery terms and hence they have kept their own bargain. So their attempting to deliver always on Saturday is not because they don’t know that we don’t open on Saturdays but just to meet their contractual obligations as they have a certain number of packages that must be delivered on time.

However, anytime such happens, you really need not worry as they will automatically redeliver on Monday. Simply ignore it. In practice, since you have been receiving these alerts, has any of your items that was attempted on Saturday ever not been re-delivered. I am guessing No. Also as a business we try to keep costs down as much as possible. Had we opened on Saturdays, then its extra overtime to be paid and hence it may reflect in costs to customers which is really not necessary.

So hope this solves the riddle. Thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor, we look forward to handling more of your shopping and shipping needs.

vibrant99:
Hello SHOPTOMYDOOR...

I actually wish Nduka ( My name sake) Himself could get to read this, It is basically on the Delivery of product from The franchise it was purchased through to the courier used and finally to your shed, It is quite simple as the case may be as well as it appears to us the owners of this items, but i know it isn't that simple, a lot of work goes down in this processes and may a times i believe this courier services would love their jobs easier than they have them already, This is actually on the part of SHOPTOMYDOOR, Your place in Houston is our second realistic home for deliveries, in short that place belongs to your customers,and as such should be open at every possible best of times for our items to be brought in, I understand you guys work only for 5 days like the usual Civil service we have here in Nigeria, Observe public holidays and weekends, wonderful because they are humans too, But NO! This is business, You lose nothing even if you don't come to work to receive our packages from this couriers, But to observe weekends on the detriment of receiving packages is not entirely good, Cant anyone or set of people work on this days when the whole establishment is observing a kind of "off" at work?

Why am bringing this up is that, i get emails from USPS most times telling me that my package would rather be delayed because the Business was closed, and FEDEX USA will delay it 2 extra days on weekends and deliver by Wednesday, UPS is even worse, Like they are getting back at us,(Shoptomydoor and ME), so i believe this should actually be considered, if Couriers can work all through the week and make deliveries, It is not to receive them that should be an issue, i have wondered why You guys have choose not to receive packages by weekends and Public holiday and i understand, unless there are other reasons best known to you people, My Observation though!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shigoslim(m): 10:04am On Sep 09, 2015
HELLO SHOPTOMYDOOR

I order some items to my wharehouse and was delivered at 8TH of september 2015 at 8:51am, yesterday but since then i have not receive any notification from your service concerning the status of my items. the items ware shipped through usps.com with tracking number and was delivered yesterday. since then have not receive update or notification to my email, because i want to reply to where i bought the items that the items has been delivered to my US address. can you please help me out.
my unit number is UNIT NG53472.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hello Adefabi,

We already received your email on this and our customer service team is currently working on it. Please note that our standard update is time is within 24 business hours. So, if after 24 hours after you get an email from Amazon or any company that your items have been delivered, when you log into your warehouse you should see the item. However, if you don't get an update, it could be that the item was not properly addressed for easy identification. But typically in 24 hours your warehouse will be updated.
Thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor.

shigoslim:
HELLO SHOPTOMYDOOR

I order some items to my wharehouse and was delivered at 8TH of september 2015 at 8:51am, yesterday but since then i have not receive any notification from your service concerning the status of my items. the items ware shipped through usps.com with tracking number and was delivered yesterday. since then have not receive update or notification to my email, because i want to reply to where i bought the items that the items has been delivered to my US address. can you please help me out.
my unit number is UNIT NG53472.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
Please do, and we hope you find it useful.

Thank you.

jaz:
thanks. will check it out.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by jaz(m): 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2015
every time i try to check a quote i keep getting " Sorry. An online quote is not available for the selected locations. Please contact us at contact@shoptomydoor.com for details of cost to this location" why na
shoptomydoor:
Please do, and we hope you find it useful.

Thank you.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by ifunanya84: 6:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
Well, shop to my door is simply a household name for me and my colleagues. I tried shop to my door once and fell in love with the express,affordable and clean services. Am glad I discovered a shipping company like yours.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by franklinosugo: 7:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
My shipments came two days earlier than expected. I know people have their issues with shoptomydoor. For me so far, shoptomydoor is secure, reliable and cost effective. I work for a logistics firm in Nigeria and from my years in the business, shoptomydoor is Simply amazing.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Yofit1: 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
Shoptomydoor is a fraud. I ordered a number of items and paid a premium for them to be shipped by air but when my order arrived, two items where missing. I called and sent mails and they told me they are working on it. More than 48hrs no response from them. I will shout this on the mountain top for people to know they are nothing but a huge fraud.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by jamesnk3: 10:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
Again, am attesting to the quality of service delivery offered by Shoptomydoor.

Another shipment arrived my door here in Uyo, Akwa-Ibom and this time its arrived 3 days earlier than the estimated delivery date.

She is happy because I got her birthday present right on time all thanks to shoptomydoor.

Shoptomydoor.... #IAppreciateYourBusinessToo

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by ezeuba(m): 7:52am On Sep 10, 2015
Yofit1:
Shoptomydoor is a fraud. I ordered a number of items and paid a premium for them to be shipped by air but when my order arrived, two items where missing. I called and sent mails and they told me they are working on it. More than 48hrs no response from them. I will shout this on the mountain top for people to know they are nothing but a huge fraud.
Dude, give them some time to sort this out. I don't work for them but in all the time I've shipped through them they always deliver. We have issues a few times but they always sort it out and I've never lost anything with them, big or small. Just give them time. It will be sorted out.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 8:27am On Sep 10, 2015
Hello Jaz,

Our quote works for delivery from our warehouse locations: USA, UK and China. Please try again using these locations to your desired address.
Thank you.

jaz:
every time i try to check a quote i keep getting " Sorry. An online quote is not available for the selected locations. Please contact us at contact@shoptomydoor.com for details of cost to this location" why na
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 8:46am On Sep 10, 2015
Hello Yotfi,

Let's have your details to enable us look into this issue, as we have observed that items referred to as missing were probably not correctly addressed. For example some purchases do not come with the owner's unique unit number, as such since we are unable to identify the owner, the item will be kept in a secured location in our warehouse. Until customers provide us with the necessary details we have requested for, we may not be able to help, please note that these measures are put in place to ensure that items are not wrongly delivered.
So, if you have not provided our customer service team with all required details please do so. Again, we'll like to look into this and have it resolved so please let's have your detail and we'll have the appropriate department work on it. Kindly note that for a faster response you can call us on 0700 800 8000 or chat with us live.

Yofit1:
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by silverplum: 9:10am On Sep 10, 2015
@shoptomydoor, since i believe i can get a fast response from here, please can you look into this matter??

I shipped some items to your US address which is supposed to be seen as drop off but I am being charged an outrageous fee for the shipment of the items. Also the weight you arrived at is higher than the weight of items i shipped.
I also don't understand what you mean by actual weight and chargeable weight. Please, kindly look into this as the shipping price you are quoting is more than the total price of the items in question.

UNIT NO: 54983
SHIPMENT NO: 79265

Thank you
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Trojan(m): 9:17am On Sep 10, 2015
My Shipment #69676 delivered on time and without hassles. Before now I had to go through a go-between for my purchases and face delayed and uncertain delivery period usually tied to when his partner or friend decides to come to Nigeria. Last year I discovered Shoptomydoor while listening to a radio program and signed up to Shoptomydoor following the web address provided, and thanks to my MasterCard I now shop and pay directly for all my orders, have them shipped to my US address/warehouse, consolidated, updated, processed for shipment and delivered to my door on time. Services all provided by Shoptomydoor at amazing rate.

My only inintial challenge was navigating the warehouse, which has a poor FAQ layout, and required my calling customer care ( always on standby to resolve issues promptly) before I realize the use and functions of certain buttons. Apart from this Shoptomydoor continues to deliver on professional, safe and prompt service.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Patrick007: 9:51am On Sep 10, 2015
Still my issue with you guys... Two Days Now.. My warehouse is yet to be loaded, You guys are yet to be loaded in my warehouse, UNIT NG52616. My package was delivered tuesday, UPS Tracking Number: 1Z098AW30303542487. Sent has email TICKET NUMBER: 436895. Please I wish my warehouse loaded ASAP so i can meet up with Saturdays Shipment
Thank You
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by philipkarl: 11:58am On Sep 10, 2015
I have been using shop2mydoor for over a year now and they have been awesome. Fast delivery, nice customer service and above all, they have intergrity of their words. I have never been dissapointed onlike what shippyme did to me

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria (Photos) / Picture Of Biggest Private Mansion In Nigeria? / Free Tutorial On How To Make Money Using Fiverr.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.