Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,398 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

........... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ........... (9658 Views)

Jonathan, Wife, Dickson Pay Tribute To Deceased Bayelsa Female Politicians (Pix) / Another Fallen Hero(picture) / Tribute To Officers And Soldiers That Fought Against Bokoharam But Died In The P (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ........... by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: Get used to it dude, Adekunle owned Ojukokoro(of cursed memory) and he's a HERO. The victory over biafran secessionist won't be complete without his input. You better get used to it. Whether he beg to feed or not is your business. As for the 3m Igbo killing-blame Ojukokoro for that!
Get used to it dude: POVERTY, DISHONOR and SHAME owned Adekunle for over 4 decades. . .

6 Likes

Re: ........... by BOAR: 9:29am On Sep 14, 2014
RIP Sir

Brigadier Benjamin Adesanya Maja Adekunle.

A brave Nigerian soldier, but deeply hated by Baifrans.
Re: ........... by Collynzo17: 9:30am On Sep 14, 2014
Evergreen123: Hahahahahahaha
The mofo only had strength for defenceless women and baby boys. unmovable tnz like trees.he couldnt even stand nbiafran army . where fellow men were

He was used and dumped by the northrrnets he workef for.
they pulled him outta the army ,no honours, no recognition , no job, hahaha
no oil well. the oil wells were shared among ibb , abacha etc while obj was given some wells to coax him into frustrating awolowo and abiola political ambition.
they even used obj to block olu falae from winning. so hilarious.
He lived long enough to know how futile it was to fight small boys and trees.
He started dying slowly since the 70s , being a low lifer. Ojukwu died a rich man , internationally recognized , judging by his attendres at burial. Nobody even knew this one. He died in chronic sickness and penury. Awo died in disappointment too.
Upon all the world power support , more nigerian than biafrans army men were killed.
Smh.
hahahahha
He enjoyed the so called ''new Nigeria'' he claimed to be fighting (killing Niger delta women and children) for.
The so called hero was disgraced out of the army and lived a life of regret and penury till he died, while the rebel leader lived like a king and died receiving the best of care and medical attention, was given a state burial and just had a university in ''new Nigeria'' named after him amongst others.

12 Likes

Re: ........... by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 14, 2014
BOAR:
A brave Nigerian soldier, but deeply hated by Baifrans.
A f00lish Nigerian soldier, used, dumped and ostracized by cattle rearers.

5 Likes

Re: ........... by gratiaeo(m): 9:31am On Sep 14, 2014
• His condition is still critical
–Son
Some eminent Nigerians,
among them the leader of
the pan Yoruba socio-
political group, Afeniefere,
Pa Reuben Fasoranti, Chief
Ayo Adebanjo and Lagos
lawyer, Barrister Fred
Agbaje, have urged the
Federal Government to
come to the aid of one of the
heroes of the Nigerian civil
war, Brigadier- General
Benjamin Adekunle, who
has for the past five years
been battling various
ailments.
Adekunle, popularly known
as ‘Black Scorpion’, was
Commander of 3 Marine
Commando of the federal
troop during the Nigeria/
Biafra Civil War. He has
been particularly suffering
from memory lapses,

according to his son,
Abiodun Adekunle.
Fasoranti said the Federal
Government should show
interest in the welfare of
General Adekunle, saying
his medical bills should be
offset by government.
“The
Federal Government should
see to his welfare because
he served the country well.
He was prominent during
the civil ear and I think the
Government should pay his
medical bill. That would
encourage other people to
serve their country”,
Fasoranti said.
Also speaking, another
frontline Yoruba leader,
Chief Ayo Adebanjo said it
would be unfortunate if the
Federal Government failed
to recognise the of caliber of
General Adekunle.
“It will be unfortunate for
the government not to
recognize the need to take
care of General Benjamin
Adekunle. Government must
come to his aid now and
take over his medical
treatment”, Adebanjo said.
Lagos Lawyer and Human
Right Activist, Barrister Fred
Agbaje also said Benjamin
Adekunle must not die
unsung, saying government
must take care of his
medical expenses
immediately “It tells you
how Nigeria treats her
leaders. It shows how
disrespectful we are.
How will a man who has
sacrificed his life for the
unity of the country to
remain sacrosanct, should
be neglected and forgotten
at a time he needs the
country most? Agbaje asks.
Abiodun, in a chat with
Sunday Mirror yesterday,
said his father had been
battling the illness for some
years and was yet to get
deserving attention.
“He is frail, mostly
bedridden and suffers from
memory lapses which are
on and off,”
he said, adding,
‘“Many people who are not
close to the family have not
heard of this because of the
nature of the man (Black
Scorpion); the family has
been fiercely protective of
his privacy, but I feel things
have come to a head and a
strong action needs to be
taken now to prolong his
life. “My father is currently
receiving home treatment.
In previous years, he went
for some treatments in
India.
But rather, we are pleading
with the necessary
authorities such as the
Nigerian Army for
assistance, to fly him out to
a facility, not in Germany,
or Switzerland, but Ghana,
where we have identified a
facility where such
conditions as he’s
experiencing are treated
and possibly reversed,”
Abiodun solicited.
He said he had just returned
from Army headquarters’
secretariat to deliver a Save
Our Soul (SOS) letter for the
Chief of Army Staff, saying
that he was expectant.
He also urged the Federal
Government to move in
quickly to save the life of his
father.” I have no choice but
to be optimistic about
favourable and timely
response. I have to believe
this current Federal
Government though not
perfect, in their wisdom
understands the
ramifications or even the
perception of not going all
out to do whatever is
necessary to come to my
father’s aid,” he said.

chai! This man really suffered while he was alive.

3 Likes

Re: ........... by Rawani: 9:32am On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: I had to use the pix grin

Of course, no biggie.
Re: ........... by Iykopee(m): 9:35am On Sep 14, 2014
Evergreen123:
adekunle ! hahaha
even adekunle himsrlf knew his power ended with shooting 10 yr old boys at asaba.
Before ojukwu left , biafran surrender was planned . ojukwu didnt want to stay and witness it. The surrender was presided by achuzia while effiong was sent to deliver it.
let me list ojukwus assets while u list adekunles own.
i like the fact he lived long enough , in lagos too which his enemies converted into a no mans land. The small boys that survived his shooting grew up into men that bought his fathets land . hehehe
What more can be depressing .
Ojukwu was active in politics , he couldnt even feed himsrlf three times daily.
what a failure.

^^^ Now this is mortal combat triology. Subzero decimating Scorpion flawlessly.
So, the little boys whom managed to escape his 'shoot @ anytin moving or standing' came to his father's land and purchase their landed properties? Kai, those surviving children are real WIZKIDS. I duff my hat for 'em.

7 Likes

Re: ........... by BOAR: 9:35am On Sep 14, 2014
quid:
A f00lish Nigerian soldier, used, dumped and ostracized by cattle rearers.

Well, I will be deceiving myself to expect anything different from a Baifran, No?
Re: ........... by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 14, 2014
BOAR:

Well, I will be deceiving myself to expect anything different from a Baifran, No?
^ What are you talking about?
Re: ........... by BOAR: 9:37am On Sep 14, 2014
quid:
^ What are you talking about?

Comprehend.

Your anger and bitterness is perfectly in order though.
Re: ........... by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 14, 2014
BOAR:

Comprehend.

Your anger and bitterness is perfectly in order though.
Ah I see.
Just as your frustration is perfectly in line with the 40 year frustration of Adekunle
Re: ........... by cashkid18(m): 9:40am On Sep 14, 2014
Nobody knows adegunle outside ogbomosho, u people should be bothered on how to contribute money on his burial cause the last time we checked, He and his family can not afford a decent square meal a day talk less of giving him a befitting burial. Even his northern masters is not ready to contribute a penny for him seeing how they left him to suffer in penury till d day he died.
Enough of the praise singing, cause none of your useless epistles is going to provide money for his burial or else you want your so called hero to buried without casket cry cry Even the great ojukwu whom you people hate so much was accorded so much respect that the fg has has declare a public holiday to observe his burial.
rest in pieces adegunle cry

8 Likes

Re: ........... by gratiaeo(m): 9:40am On Sep 14, 2014
@barcanista my prayer to you is you will fight and die like Adekunle in Jesus name. Oya say amen

10 Likes

Re: ........... by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 9:40am On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: Oh Yes!! Adekunle was the one that captured Owerri and it was he that forced Major Effiong of the Biafra to SURRENDER after Ojukwu fled. He was indeed a Gallant Officer!
It was Col Obasanjo who took over the position of GOC of the 3MCD from Adekunle who initated the mission codenamed 'operation Tailwind' which led to the eventual collapse of Biafra.

Effiong actually surrendered to Obasanjo and not to Adekunle

1 Like

Re: ........... by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 14, 2014
gratiaeo: @ Op my prayer to you is you will fight and die like Adekunle in Jesus name. Oya say amen
hahahahahaha
Fighting for nothing and living in pernury

1 Like

Re: ........... by BOAR: 9:42am On Sep 14, 2014
quid:
Ah I see.
Just as your frustration is perfectly in line with the 40 year frustration of Adekunle

Your opinion.

Drop the anger, and you will see a whole wide new world of possibilities.

Bitterness and anger are ruling you at the moment.

1 Like

Re: ........... by gratiaeo(m): 9:45am On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista if you so much love Adekunle oya say amen to my prayer.
Re: ........... by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 14, 2014
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: It was Col Obasanjo who took over the position of GOC of the 3MCD from Adekunle who initate the mission operation Tailwind which led to the eventual collapse of Biafra.

Effiong actually surrendered to Obasanjo and not to Adekunle
I never said they surrenderd to him but he "forced" them with brute force during his time
Re: ........... by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 14, 2014
gratiaeo: barcanista if you so much love Adekunle oya say amen to my prayer.
Should anybody trespass Ijaw Territory in the name of any Biafra, I will be forced to do more than what he did. But one guarantee I will give is that I will stay and fight in battle and not run away!!!

2 Likes

Re: ........... by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 9:51am On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: I never said they surrenderd to him but he "forced" them with brute force during his time
Alright
Re: ........... by Collynzo17: 9:53am On Sep 14, 2014
So how many oil wells did you get Ade?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1192286_bd06e9582f67c35fae281110f9c7b308_jpgf69e4e04dede7726c4ab7a69e05b19de
What a lfe of regret.
Anyone who call this man a hero will live and die like him, Amen.

9 Likes

Re: ........... by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 14, 2014
BOAR:

Your opinion.

bro what do you expect? We all know their pains
Re: ........... by Iykopee(m): 9:56am On Sep 14, 2014
cashkid18: Nobody knows adegunle outside ogbomosho, u people should be bothered on how to contribute money on his burial cause the last time we checked, He and his family can not afford a decent square meal a day talk less of giving him a befitting burial. Even his northern masters is not ready to contribute a penny for him seeing how they left him to suffer in penury till d day he died.
Enough of the praise singing, cause none of your useless epistles is going to provide money for his burial or else you want your so called hero to buried without casket cry cry Even the great ojukwu whom you people hate so much was accorded so much respect that the fg has has declare a public holiday to observe his burial.
rest in pieces adegunle cry

^^^ Can u compare a broke ass adekunle with ojukwu on financial terms? Ojukwu was a finesse gentle man military officer in his days unlike adekunle who joined the army on account of joblessness. In PH, Ojukwu's death was honoured by the govt of Rivers State with important dignitaries such as, Ex governor Dr Peter odili, governor TA orji, governor Amaechi, Austin okocha former NBA president, Austin okpara former deputy speaker house of REP. just to mention a few were in attendance.

As for adekunle, who knows him?

1 Like

Re: ........... by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 14, 2014
Collynzo17:
He enjoyed the so called ''new Nigeria'' he claimed to be fighting (killing IBO women and children) for.
The so called hero was disgraced out of the army and lived a life of regret and penury till he died, while the rebel leader lived like a king and died receiving the best of care and medical attention, was given a state burial and just had a university in ''new Nigeria'' named after him amongst others.
I have corrected your comment.
You guys shd get used to it!!!!!
Re: ........... by Collynzo17: 10:02am On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: I have corrected your comment.
You guys shd get used to it!!!!!
Adekunle never stepped foot in Igbo land.
STERN: But you said yourself that most of the refugees in the part you captured are not Igbos.
ADEKUNLE: But there could be Igbos among them. I want to avoid feeding a single Igbo as long as this whole people have not given up yet.

3 Likes

Re: ........... by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 14, 2014
Collynzo17:
Adekunle never stepped foot in Igbo land.
STERN: But you said yourself that most of the refugees in the part you captured are not Igbos.
ADEKUNLE: But there could be Igbos among them. I want to avoid feeding a single Igbo as long as this whole people have not given up yet.
No be only stern na propaganda stern. You are talking NONSENSE!
Re: ........... by OAUTemitayo: 10:08am On Sep 14, 2014
Ekun Oko Ibo
Re: ........... by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 14, 2014
God will punish all these genocide executors even in their graves. They killed unarmed youth, left children to die on hunger, molested women and maim them and killed defenceless men instead of engaging their common enemies the freedom fighters.

After the war has been won for so called one Nigeria, has the problem solved? No.

80 percent of the oil wealth in Niger Delta was shared amongst the northerners.

Atiku a northerner owns and operate the Federal Ocean Terminal( FOT) and federal Light Terminal(FLT) in onne through his Intel activities.

Dangote has been given the concession of the Port Harcourt Port for his Private Use.

The oil industry employs only yoruba and hausas with minimal Igbo population. No Niger Delta man in managerial positions.

Agip, shell, AP, Mobil, and other oil marketing firms has been shared and distributed amongst the "winners" of the war. How many did ijaw man get?

The fanatical Muslim man kills infidels up north. It doesn't matter if you are Ijaw, Igbo or yoruba. So much to keep a country united.

How many ijaw man has the licence to import fuels into this country? Do they even own a tank farm to start with?

Today, just like the foolish Isaac Boro, Bacarnista have started fighting his brother Jonathan. While the igbos are paying the supreme price up north for an ijaw man, he is on nairaland supporting the very worst enemy and what the stand for. Celebrating the life of a man who might be regretting his actions.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ........... by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 14, 2014
BOAR:

Your opinion.

Stop preaching. Take the next danfo going to Ogbomoso sharp sharp.

1 Like

Re: ........... by BOAR: 10:16am On Sep 14, 2014
quid:
Stop preaching. Take the next danfo going to Ogbomoso sharp sharp.

That would be after the last Ibo man have taken the last Ekene Dilli Chuckwu or a Peace Mass Transport luxurious bus back to alaigbo. grin

Drop your bitterness, it's over 40yrs, probably you were not even born then, or else it will follow you to your grave like Achebe.
Re: ........... by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 14, 2014
BOAR:

That would be after the last Ibo man have taken the last Ekene Dilli Chuckwu or a Peace Mass Transport luxurious bus back to alaigbo. grin
Stop dreaming tall dreams. Thank Adekunle for fighting for one Nigeria, making it possible for Igbos to come and dominate your lazy a$$ in Lagos. Enjoy

2 Likes

Re: ........... by gratiaeo(m): 10:18am On Sep 14, 2014

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

You Failed, PDP Replies Buhari Over Performance Claims / 2 Dead, 1500 Homes Destroyed In 3 Flooded LGAs Of Katsina / FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.