Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot (7203 Views)

Fifth Term Lagos Deputy Speaker Defeated Along Other APC Candidates / Lagos Deputy-Governor To Iyanya's Dancer - You Are Degrading Womanhood / 2015: Igbo Should Wait For Jonathan – Ben Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ElekeNtioba: 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
BOAR:

You need to go and simply read who have been forming alliances with the North for mere political crumbs and porridge right after independence.

Go and read why Zik and Ibos are dubbed the beautiful bride and Zik in particular was referred to as a political prostitute by politicians of his era.

so ar u saying dat azikiwe and awolowo were once alligned??
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by aljharem(m): 2:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
^^^^ forget it. No party is presenting igbo deputy.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

care to recount hw adaka died?? Smh

See hw u demeaned ur family without even intending to...u really are dimwitted. Ur family is among d poor and ignorant who saw d raggedy cattle-rearers from d north as Lord and saviour because they gave dem food in d midst of d suffering. U really ought to be ashamed of urself.

Ojukwu neva said dat. Infact its one many false statements attributed to him. Many minorities rose to serve in d highest echelons of d Biafran Govt.

Ijaws were of 3 types during d war. Those indifferent to d war, a few who supported d war from d onset or were forced to out of starvation (ur family is in dis category) and lastly d those who fought for Biafra.

Let me keep educating until u deem it fit to be grateful.
You are an eedeeot with your tales. You have no idea on the Ijaw role. Like history said... The ijaws fought against it
I have nothing further to say to you and your emotional rant but No Ijaw supported Biafra. I can give you enough of materials on d war from Ijaw sources. D1khead

1 Like

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by aljharem(m): 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: You are an eedeeot with your tales. You have no idea on the Ijaw role. Like history said... The ijaws fought against it
I have nothing further to say to you and your emotional rant but No Ijaw supported Biafra. I can give you enough of materials on d war from Ijaw sources. D1khead

Hahaha, we tell them but they don't listen

1 Like

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by BOAR: 2:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

so ar u saying dat azikiwe and awolowo were once alligned??

Never! Even when Awolowo was more disposed to such alliance, Zik always rebuffed him and follow Sardauna.

He was rewarded with a ceremonial Presidency and nominations for appointments into Federal parastatal. He ganged up with the PM to declare a state of emergency in the SW, the eventual catalyst of the problem Nigeria is still battling with.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ElekeNtioba: 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: You are an eedeeot with your tales. You have no idea on the Ijaw role. Like history said... The ijaws fought against it

ur reputation on dis forum is built on telling half-azzed tales and casting aspersions to cover ur evident imbecility. I have no intention to give u props any more. Continue impersonating good-spirited Ijaws to propagate ur APC foolery. #finalReply
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
aljharem:

Hahaha, we tell them but they don't listen
Don't mind them. They are used to self-deceit

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by whitecat1: 3:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
These people are in abuja and couldn't field a political office in any of the northern states on their noses nearby but, Lagos? Well! A bully will always prey on the perceived weak. This is what you get when Yoruba keep sending wrong vibe of weakness in a jungle such as Nigeria!

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

ur reputation on dis forum is built on telling half-azzed tales and casting aspersions to cover ur evident imbecility. I have no intention to give u props any more. Continue impersonating good-spirited Ijaws to propagate ur APC foolery. #finalReply
Oh STFU I challenge any Ijaw to refute my submoissions and I will be glad to engage him. But I am 100% sure that no informed Ijaw shares pro-Biafra sentiment. I have no reason to give 2 fvxcks about thoght of an Igboman.

As for APC: get used to it you bigoted skum

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Twistaray(m): 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
This is just a imagination,un-realistic dream,hope for Y1bo's in lagos.

Infact,this is suicidal to say the least!

Well,its not news such demand or dream's been ticking inside Ibo's head since the world began.

Suicide MISSION,DEAD ON ARRIVAL SEF.
FOR THIS NAIJA mba

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by shiffynaani(m): 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
Did i just hear deputy governor? In anothe man's land?shocked Can't just stop cease laughingcheesy. A bird in hand is better than two in the bush as they say.you had better cling to your ever flourishing business or risk loosing both.Yorubas,it's high time you disgraced these set of people out of lagos.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by yomexp(m): 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
BOAR:

You are trying to help to explain their intention.

They are demanding, Ibos always demand, the reason BRF told them that elective political offices are not given or demanded for, but you fight for it.

According to you, Ibos alone are 45% of Lagos population, that in enough to put you in good stead without any other tribe support.

Give it a try and test your popularity.

this people are crazy let's do a little math...

if ibos in lagos are 45%.
then hausa/fulani should be like 25% and lets say other ethnic groups(ijaw, urhobo, ishekiri, edo, igala et al) are 10%, foreigners lets say 5% which is =85%...

then the YORUBA population should be 100%-85%=15%

in actual fact they are saying that YORUBAs are in the minority. imagine the brazen and repulsive insult.

ibos are taking this their lunatic expansionism to a whole new level. it's high time the oba of lagos, OPC and opinion leaders in YORUBA land gave them a stern warning to desist from this their foolishness

10 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by BOAR: 7:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
yomexp:

this people are crazy let's do a little math...

if ibos in lagos are 45%.
then hausa/fulani should be like 25% and lets say other ethnic groups(ijaw, urhobo, ishekiri, edo, igala et al) are 10%, foreigners lets say 5% which is =85%...

then the YORUBA population should be 100%-85%=15%

in actual fact they are saying that YORUBAs are in the minority. imagine the brazen and repulsive insult.

ibos are taking this their lunatic expansionism to a whole new level. it's high time the oba of lagos, OPC and opinion leaders in YORUBA land gave them a stern warning to desist from this their foolishness

The nonsense is mostly parroted by those Igbos that never lived in Lagos.

They are grossly inconsequential, notice those making the demand lives in Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by yomexp(m): 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
BOAR:

They are grossly inconsequential, notice those making the demand lives in Abuja.
but a lie not refuted will soon take the place of truth.
before long now you would be hearing something like "ibos are being maginalised in lagos"

this is taking a crazy dimension.

and we the younger generation will not/never take this lying low.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by BOAR: 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
yomexp:
but a lie not refuted will soon take the place of truth.
before long now you would be hearing something like "ibos are being maginalised in lagos"

this is taking a crazy dimension.

and we the younger generation will not/never take this lying low.

I agreed with you

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by whitecat1: 7:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
You don't get it! Some part of Edo/Bini are descendants of Yoruba and not the other way around. Yoruba don't bear Bini names but, Bini bear Yoruba names. The gods Bini worship still have to be appeased with some Yoruba words. Even the king of Benin republic attested to coming from Yoruba and pays homage in Yorubaland.

Like they say, the river that forgets its source will dry! Which of the two tribes is bigger, better, world renowned and have descendants in 3 continents? There you go! The answer is Yoruba.
ElekeNtioba:

u ar very funny. I nver aluded to d binis being igbos.

So y'all nw agree u descended from d binis and not some 'brave' niggar who fell from d skies....cheesy

d length u yorubas will go to claim Lagos...smh

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by whitecat1: 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2014
Barcanistan runs the show here!
BlackTechnology:

Yorubas are already making their points clear which we true and pure Igbos(Biafrans) support

Now run back to your cage.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by whitecat1: 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2014
Now this is the Ijaw people I know and love!
barcanista: Boro stood for the enmancipation of Ijaw Nation and the entire Niger Delta. What he stood for is documented in the Kaima Declaration of 1998 which every Ijaw Son and daughter stand for till this day.
We don't share in the phuckery and greed of ojukokoro(of cursed memory) and the evil perpetrated by biafraudians on Ijaw soil shall be told to our Children's Children.

Today, the GReat Adaka Boro serve as an inspiration to me and the entire nation.

Long Live Izon
Long Live Nigeria
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by whitecat1: 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
The ones in Lagos have not distanced themselves from the statements, so that should tell you that it's all in the game of contracting out the hatchet job to save face in case it backfire, smart move!!
BOAR:

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ElekeNtioba: 8:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
whitecat1: You don't get it! Some part of Edo/Bini are descendants of Yoruba and not the other way around. Yoruba don't bear Bini names but, Bini bear Yoruba names. The gods Bini worship still have to be appeased with some Yoruba words. Even the king of Benin republic attested to coming from Yoruba and pays homage in Yorubaland.

Like they say, the river that forgets its source will dry! Which of the two tribes is bigger, better, world renowned and have descendants in 3 continents? There you go! The answer is Yoruba.

binis bearing yoruba names is a function of wide-spread assimilation. D bigger snake swallowin d smaller one.

Most Binis will disagree wit ur version. They insist d progenitor of ur race was a renegade prince from their kingdom.

Do u mean oba of benin or president of benin republic?? These are two different persons.

As for d bigger tribe issue. Evidence suggests d Bini prince who went rogue and spurned ur race managed to gain dominance over smaller neighbouring tribes whom today make up wat is called yoruba tribe. Thats why there is marked differences in d spoken language i.e dialects and intonation.
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by coolscott(m): 8:56pm On Sep 14, 2014
I am a Rivers Ijaw from the south-south and this is a note I put up on facebook about the igbos

The Igbo Nation
September 12, 2014 at 7:11am

The current concept of an igbo nation is not refined at all because consciously or subconsciously, Igbos sadly find historical identity only in Biafra. This is because before the war, there is totally nothing they did together as a people. And this in turn is because before the colonialists, they were unable to make themselves into one political group.They therefore skew every position or narration concerning 1963 - 1970 for the sake of historical pride because besides it, they have nothing else they did historically together as a people.

The Igbo nation was not born before Biafra. Igbos did not know the geographical boudries of their ethnic group before colonialism.

Other ethnic groups are different because their ancient kingdoms existed before the white man. They formed themselves into formidable and full political bodies. They had their ancient conquests (and their ancient failings) so they do not need to glorify or skew events of the 60s to paint themselves as heroes or as people that should be sympathized with for being treated unfairly.

Please understand that there was political structure - on the clan or group of clans level only. That is why although there were sometimes clashes between Igbo clans and villges, there was never a time when all Igbos (from the Onitsha Igbos to the west, and the Etche Igbos to the south and all of the igbo ethic group) took up arms to fight any encroacher who tried to encroach into an Igbo vilage around the north (present day Enugu area).

That political structure just didn't exist. If villages in the northern area were fighting, Etche Igbos probably knew nothing about it. The Onitshas had a kingdom of their own, obviously influenced by the culture of politically organised kingdoms not far from them. This is just the reality of the historical political structure.

This total absence of a complete Igbo kingdom from time past to now is the source of this unspoken touchiness about their identity that Igbos feel and which they are usually not conciously aware of because a huge part of it is subconscious, or has been transferred from an older person to a younger person in the narration of ideas from the old to the young.

If Igbos can form themselves into one well structured, traditional political body, there will be a different kind of soundness from a deep level, the depths of which perhaps cannot be surpassed.

Complete political wholeness and congruence from a deep traditional level is the only way to the modern day soundness that some other ethnic groups currently enjoy.

This will take completely restructuring the whole traditional governing system across the board, so that traditional authority flows from one stool to all the other stools in the Igbo nation, with in-built checks and balances. This will amount to creating/starting a traditional monarchy within and for all of the Igbo nation in this mordern day and time.

When I was younger, in my naiive enthusiasm, I thought this was possible. Now I am older I still indulge myself to a little fantasy and imagine it is.

The end. I will post more

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by coolscott(m): 9:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
whitecat1: You don't get it! Some part of Edo/Bini are descendants of Yoruba and not the other way around. Yoruba don't bear Bini names but, Bini bear Yoruba names. The gods Bini worship still have to be appeased with some Yoruba words. Even the king of Benin republic attested to coming from Yoruba and pays homage in Yorubaland.

ElekeNtioba:

binis bearing yoruba names is a function of wide-spread assimilation. D bigger snake swallowin d smaller one.

Most Binis will disagree wit ur version. They insist d progenitor of ur race was a renegade prince from their kingdom.

Do u mean oba of benin or president of benin republic?? These are two different persons.

As for d bigger tribe issue. Evidence suggests d Bini prince who went rogue and spurned ur race managed to gain dominance over smaller neighbouring tribes whom today make up wat is called yoruba tribe. Thats why there is marked differences in d spoken language i.e dialects and intonation.

That guy is right. I am from the south south but I am aware that the oyo empire was very great. So Yoruba influence in those days spread across the borders of present day Nigeria into present day Benin republic. That is what he is trying to refer to. Please go to this wikipedia link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oyo_Empire

So it is so highly unlikely that the Yorubas came out of Benin and I never thought I would ever hear of that, but the thing is no one is interested in reading anymore. People are not that keen one reading history. Growing up we were encouraged to read about the history of the regions one way or the other . But I see a lack of apetite to read and discover. And I observe that those that do not read are more eager to force/volunteer their ignorance upon others.

Igbos seem the most guilty as they do not have any written material from the time when they were one solid organized ethnic group because there never was such a time

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by arresa: 9:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ultimatum today, we demand tomorrow, you must the day after..

Talk about endless comedy and absurdities...

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by arresa: 9:41pm On Sep 14, 2014
With almost %50 population, you don't need the PDP, APC or have to beg any political party to get you any position in Lagos state. Just come up with your own party and candidate unless of course the 45% population is nothing but delusion and mirage....

Btw, 2 bad AGPA is now PDP..smh..

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by whitecat1: 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
You mean the big fish came out of the small fish and swallowed it? I can say I gave birth to a 31 years old and some would hear me out even though I'm not 30 years. There is no way you would come from a people and won't have any evidence to back it up. You don't assimilate and ditch your culture for another if they are not more powerful and have stronger influence. Names are given based on culture. Yoruba history that the first Oba in Bini came from ile ife is indisputable and what matter is the part that we all agree on.

Hello! You think I don't know the difference between Bini and Benin? Benin republic has a king and he pays homage to Yorubaland as his root. There's no Yoruba subgroup in the world that take Bini as their root. I believe the ancient Edo/Bini that are Yoruba subgroup are Itshekiri, Ugbo and may be another one. I think the modern Bini pushed those people away from the land and kept the name.
ElekeNtioba:

1 Like

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by forgiveness: 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

again...u are confusing elections with appointment. They are not asking for a place in d politics of just any SW state. They just want to be part of tins in d very state they contributed to making what its is today. Dats not such a bad tin is it??

We all know that the major contributors of lagos states are non indigences of lagos state which spreads across the six geo political zones that's well represented.

Now, pls tell me, how do we compensate or satisfy all this six geo political zones? Since, they also have substantial multi billion dollars investments and population which sufficiently counts as their contributions to what makes Lagos today?

And what should be the faith of the indigences of the state?

Note; Any Nigerian can via for any position in Nigeria provided he/she satisfy the requirements of the constitution.
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by jayonpoint(m): 10:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

again...u are confusing elections with appointment. They are not asking for a place in d politics of just any SW state. They just want to be part of tins in d very state they contributed to making what its is today. Dats not such a bad tin is it??

U're nothin bt a slowpoke. Why ar pple so selfservin n dominatin of others? Why? Ibos ar d worst tribe in Nigeria Dan I can imagine for d unity of Nigeria of our dream. Btw wen did we hv any1 frm d west occupyin a political appointment position in any part of East lest talk to elective office? D last tym I checked, Ndigbos today stil speak ill of Awolowo for prosecutin civil (biafra) war. Their hates for yoruba race its incredible yet they're accomodated amongst us n ar treated equal. Nw to say d least, they want deputy gov of lagos. For those who care to knw, lagos state isn't a no man's land as often referred. Lagos belongs to indegine of lagos bt acomodate all tribes among whom igbos ar igbos. I swear, those who thinks lagos is theirs to exploit n tk for granted shld prepared well as they will hv us (indigene) to battle with...Igbos ar just useless n animals in human skins

8 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by whitecat1: 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
Unless you can show any other city like Lagos, Lagos will remain Yoruba ingenuity.

Calabar was also a capital and now it's abuja but, none of them wil ever be like Lagos. You should be thankful that Yoruba created an enabling environment like no where else. If you don't like it just leave, Lagos needs to be decongested anyway! Pack your bags and go! If you can't build your land, how then can you build other people's land? I think you people should be made to pay higher taxes.

I wish the new governor of Lagos through NGO can empower the agbero with business capital and subsidize the goods they will bring in for 5 years, enough time for ibos to bleed financially. If your businesses are on life supports in every nook and cranny of SW, I don't think you will have time to think about our politics let alone have something to say!
forgiveness:

We all know that the major contributors of lagos states are non indigences of lagos state which spreads across the six geo political zones that's well represented.

Now, pls tell me, how do we compensate or satisfy all this six geo political zones? Since, they also have substantial multi billion dollars investments and population which sufficiently counts as their contributions to what makes Lagos today?

And what should be the faith of the indigences of the state?

Note; Any Nigerian can via for any position in Nigeria provided he/she satisfy the requirements of the constitution.

8 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
This would be my second or third time of reading this here alone. They will hear from us very soon. In a matter of weeks.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Asoozy: 11:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
This is getting out of hand now.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by aljharem(m): 11:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
Asoozy: This is getting out of hand now.

How ? When your APC government was giving them commissioner etc you forgot it will come back to bite you all in the name of power.

They have every right to demand for it.
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Asoozy: 11:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
aljharem:

How ? When your APC government was giving them commissioner etc you forgot it will come back to bite you all in the name of power.

They have every right to demand for it.

So you reckon PDP wouldn't have done the same?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What GEJ Tweet And The Reply He Got From Angry Nigerians / Osinbajo Cautions Nigerians Against Divisive Actions, Utterances / Chukwunenye Alajemba Denies Resigning As Alex Otti's Special Adviser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.