Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot (7223 Views)

Fifth Term Lagos Deputy Speaker Defeated Along Other APC Candidates / Lagos Deputy-Governor To Iyanya's Dancer - You Are Degrading Womanhood / 2015: Igbo Should Wait For Jonathan – Ben Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by OAUTemitayo: 11:56pm On Sep 14, 2014
Asoozy:

So you reckon PDP wouldn't have done the same?
Alhajrem na dung smoker.
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by coolscott(m): 12:07am On Sep 15, 2014
When Nigeria becomes such that people that are not originally from a certain state can win elections in that state, that can happen. But the Igbo man's affrontal approach will keep on driving that day further and further for him.

One reason other ethnic groups do not do this is because they come from a historically and anciently organized heritage, with which they find modern day peace. So they have no appetite for meddling in other people's ancient ethnic sovereignty.

Igbos did not have any ancient sovereignty so it is possible they do not even know how offensive it is to meddle in that of others

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by arresa: 12:09am On Sep 15, 2014
coolscott: I am a Rivers Ijaw from the south-south and this is a note I put up on facebook about the igbos

The Igbo Nation
September 12, 2014 at 7:11am

The current concept of an igbo nation is not refined at all because consciously or subconsciously, Igbos sadly find historical identity only in Biafra. This is because before the war, there is totally nothing they did together as a people. And this in turn is because before the colonialists, they were unable to make themselves into one political group.They therefore skew every position or narration concerning 1963 - 1970 for the sake of historical pride because besides it, they have nothing else they did historically together as a people.

The Igbo nation was not born before Biafra. Igbos did not know the geographical boudries of their ethnic group before colonialism.

Other ethnic groups are different because their ancient kingdoms existed before the white man. They formed themselves into formidable and full political bodies. They had their ancient conquests (and their ancient failings) so they do not need to glorify or skew events of the 60s to paint themselves as heroes or as people that should be sympathized with for being treated unfairly.

Please understand that there was political structure - on the clan or group of clans level only. That is why although there were sometimes clashes between Igbo clans and villges, there was never a time when all Igbos (from the Onitsha Igbos to the west, and the Etche Igbos to the south and all of the igbo ethic group) took up arms to fight any encroacher who tried to encroach into an Igbo vilage around the north (present day Enugu area).

That political structure just didn't exist. If villages in the northern area were fighting, Etche Igbos probably knew nothing about it. The Onitshas had a kingdom of their own, obviously influenced by the culture of politically organised kingdoms not far from them. This is just the reality of the historical political structure.

This total absence of a complete Igbo kingdom from time past to now is the source of this unspoken touchiness about their identity that Igbos feel and which they are usually not conciously aware of because a huge part of it is subconscious, or has been transferred from an older person to a younger person in the narration of ideas from the old to the young.

If Igbos can form themselves into one well structured, traditional political body, there will be a different kind of soundness from a deep level, the depths of which perhaps cannot be surpassed.

Complete political wholeness and congruence from a deep traditional level is the only way to the modern day soundness that some other ethnic groups currently enjoy.

This will take completely restructuring the whole traditional governing system across the board, so that traditional authority flows from one stool to all the other stools in the Igbo nation, with in-built checks and balances. This will amount to creating/starting a traditional monarchy within and for all of the Igbo nation in this mordern day and time.

When I was younger, in my naiive enthusiasm, I thought this was possible. Now I am older I still indulge myself to a little fantasy and imagine it is.

The end. I will post more

This lack of sense of identity, self worth and belonging is why they care less about their land and care more about other people's land and way of life, this is why there's still no formidable political structure or rallying point, this is why instead of projecting a strong and viable political force to represent and fight for their collective interests, they get self destructive and fold up easily.

They care more about my own life, my own state, my own governor and people than they do about theirs, it's as if theirs doesn't exist. Freedom for every man and woman in that region means leaving that land for Lagos or anywhere in the SW or the North, it's anywhere but their own land and environment.

AGPA as the only traditional political party in that region capsized before their eyes and they care less, the adults are powerless and it's every man for himself with the elites. The same lack of self worth and sense of belonging manifested the impending doom with their Ijaw/SS attachment. Politics of convenience and relationship doesn't change history or make people forget past pain and aggression against them so today's political tolerance doesn't mean it's going to be business as usual after GEJ's term in office. After GEJ's term, they are back in the wilderness in a more hostile environment that they created, they have to deal with reality and the bridges they burnt.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Asoozy: 12:15am On Sep 15, 2014
arresa:

This lack of sense of identity, self worth and belonging is why they the care less about their land and care more about other people's land and way of life, this is why there's still no formidable political structure or rallying point, this is why instead of projecting a strong and viable political force to represent and fight for their collective interests, they get self destructive and fold up easily.

They care more about my own life, my own state, my own governor and people than they do about theirs, it's as if theirs doesn't exist. Freedom for every man and woman in that region means leaving that land for Lagos or anywhere in the SW or the North, it's anywhere but their own land and environment.

AGPA as the only traditional political party in that region capsized before their eyes and they care less, the adults are powerless and it's every man for himself with the elites. The same lack of self worth and sense of belonging manifested the impending doom with their Ijaw/SS attachment. Politics of convenience and relationship doesn't change history or make people forget past pain and aggression against them so today's political tolerance doesn't mean it's going to be business as usual after GEJ's term in office. After GEJ's tern, they are back in the wilderness in a more hostile environment that they created, they have to deal with reality and the bridges they burnt.

Truer words have not been said.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by aljharem(m): 12:16am On Sep 15, 2014
Asoozy:
So you reckon PDP wouldn't have done the same?

whether PDP will do the same or not is not the issue. The reasons for their appointments are different. PDP will do the same based on merit and not based on acquiring power for Tinubu APC.

These are two different things

Well not that it matters now. APC is still a tribal party and we REAL indigenes of Lagos are tired of them.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Asoozy: 12:17am On Sep 15, 2014
aljharem:

whether PDP will do the same or not is not the issue. The reasons for their appointments are different. PDP will do the same based on merit and not based on acquiring power for Tinubu APC.

These are two different things

Well not that it matters now. APC is still a tribal party and we REAL indigenes of Lagos are tired of them.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying Ben Akanueze is not meritorious of his position?
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by aljharem(m): 12:18am On Sep 15, 2014
OAUTemitayo:
Alhajrem na dung smoker.

Just shut up and remain in Osun
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by aljharem(m): 12:19am On Sep 15, 2014
Asoozy:

If I understand you correctly, you are saying Ben Akanueze is not meritorious of his position?

If you understand me very well, you know Ben's appointment is based on politics NOT MERIT
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Asoozy: 12:22am On Sep 15, 2014
aljharem:

If you understand me very well, you know Ben's appointment is based on politics NOT MERIT

So PDP will have appointed a more meritorious ibo man?
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ibedun: 12:38am On Sep 15, 2014
Deputy governor of Lagos state?

Na so madness dey start

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ElekeNtioba: 12:55am On Sep 15, 2014
jayonpoint:

U're nothin bt a slowpoke. Why ar pple so selfservin n dominatin of others? Why? Ibos ar d worst tribe in Nigeria Dan I can imagine for d unity of Nigeria of our dream. Btw wen did we hv any1 frm d west occupyin a political appointment position in any part of East lest talk to elective office? D last tym I checked, Ndigbos today stil speak ill of Awolowo for prosecutin civil (biafra) war. Their hates for yoruba race its incredible yet they're accomodated amongst us n ar treated equal. Nw to say d least, they want deputy gov of lagos. For those who care to knw, lagos state isn't a no man's land as often referred. Lagos belongs to indegine of lagos bt acomodate all tribes among whom igbos ar igbos. I swear, those who thinks lagos is theirs to exploit n tk for granted shld prepared well as they will hv us (indigene) to battle with...Igbos ar just useless n animals in human skins

Just because ur pple lack d courage and initiative to seek political positions in other states doesnt mean other groups shuld follow suit. Not everyone was born a coward like ur pple.

The grouse of Igbos against Awolowo is justified. He spear-headed d starvation strategy of d Nigerian Govt against Biafran civilians. Note i said Awolowo not yorubas unless u imply dat Awolowo is another word for yoruba. Igbos dont hate yoruba, they only detest their chronic feeling of insecurity, uncouth display of inferiority complex and perennial desire to backstab. Aside these, there exists a healthy competition in all sectors.

Lagos is an No Man's Land. First it was the war camp of Bini warriors who gave its first name 'Eko'. Then it was discovered by d portuguese who gave its present name 'Lagos'. The yoruba were slaves who d Bini brought from surrounding areas. The coming of d portuguese emancipated d yorubas. Eminent yorubas (some whose descendants are very prominent in Lagos today) rose to make untold riches selling their kith and kin to d portuguese. This is hw ur pple came to be 'indigenes'. It was simply down to ur pple's dominance in slave trade on d african west coast being dat Lagos was a major transit point.

I can only imagine hw painful it is when d Igbos make a play for what u consider ur crown jewel. Calling them animals wont ease d pain. Learn to live with it.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 15, 2014
kkkp: Dis people always like dominance...they should stay in the east
...after all they want biafra
Be quiet there.
No be you dey struggle for one nigeria?
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by meforyou1(m): 12:59am On Sep 15, 2014
The truth be said, an igbo man deserves to be the the deputy governor of lagos state in 2015
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by olugbengak4(m): 1:05am On Sep 15, 2014
hehehehehe dis ibos always overstep their boundary.even when i was schooling in esut,a non ibo man dear not contest for the post of a class rep talkless of a departmental chairman.cos they will neva allow dat to happen in their state.let them go to their biafra state to become a deputy governor.not lagos state.they will trade lagos state for money

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 15, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

Just because ur pple lack d courage and initiative to seek political positions in other states doesnt mean other groups shuld follow suit. Not everyone was born a coward like ur pple.

The grouse of Igbos against Awolowo is justified. He spear-headed d starvation strategy of d Nigerian Govt against Biafran civilians. Note i said Awolowo not yorubas unless u imply dat Awolowo is another word for yoruba. Igbos dont hate yoruba, they only detest their chronic feeling of insecurity, uncouth display of inferiority complex and perennial desire to backstab. Aside these, there exists a healthy competition in all sectors.

Lagos is an No Man's Land. First it was the war camp of Bini warriors who gave its first name 'Eko'. Then it was discovered by d portuguese who gave its present name 'Lagos'. The yoruba were slaves who d Bini brought from surrounding areas. The coming of d portuguese emancipated d yorubas. Eminent yorubas (some whose descendants are very prominent in Lagos today) rose to make untold riches selling their kith and kin to d portuguese. This is hw ur pple came to be 'indigenes'. It was simply down to ur pple's dominance in slave trade on d african west coast being dat Lagos was a major transit point.

I can only imagine hw painful it is when d Igbos make a play for what u consider ur crown jewel. Calling them animals wont ease d pain. Learn to live with it.
Nice one bro.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ElekeNtioba: 1:11am On Sep 15, 2014
coolscott: When Nigeria becomes such that people that are not originally from a certain state can win elections in that state, that can happen. But the Igbo man's affrontal approach will keep on driving that day further and further for him.

One reason other ethnic groups do not do this is because they come from a historically and anciently organized heritage, with which they find modern day peace. So they have no appetite for meddling in other people's ancient ethnic sovereignty.

Igbos did not have any ancient sovereignty so it is possible they do not even know how offensive it is to meddle in that of others

skewing history just to take potshots at Igbos.....smh

not meddling in other's etnic sovreignty....what world are u living in. Hw do u think d Usman dan fodio caliphate came to nigeria.....did he beg d den pagan hausa kingdom to accept him. Hw do u think that at some point in history d oyo empire was paying tributes to sokoto....do u call dat generosity or waht?? When d whitemen came calling and forced his tradition on u....do u call dat love or wat??

We dont have any feudal system of master-slave tradition that ur pple had for ages. That why we are adventurous. The boundaries u set for urself do not apply to us.

Feel free to come up with another word for it. Meddling its so lame....smh
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ElekeNtioba: 1:33am On Sep 15, 2014
coolscott:

That guy is right. I am from the south south but I am aware that the oyo empire was very great. So Yoruba influence in those days spread across the borders of present day Nigeria into present day Benin republic. That is what he is trying to refer to. Please go to this wikipedia link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oyo_Empire

So it is so highly unlikely that the Yorubas came out of Benin and I never thought I would ever hear of that, but the thing is no one is interested in reading anymore. People are not that keen one reading history. Growing up we were encouraged to read about the history of the regions one way or the other . But I see a lack of apetite to read and discover. And I observe that those that do not read are more eager to force/volunteer their ignorance upon others.

Igbos seem the most guilty as they do not have any written material from the time when they were one solid organized ethnic group because there never was such a time

am talking abt what predated d oyo empire and ur giving me a link to d oyo empire. So much for reading!

Why dont u try and read whats relevant to what am saying. Hw does rise and spread of oyo empire imply dat yoruba didnt come out from d bini??

And what insight does ur coming from d south-south give u as to d history of yorubas. Did u live around d tym of d oyo empire

Pls dont quote me with a half-azzed comment again. U speak like sumone enlightened bt all i hear is bullshit.
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by coolscott(m): 3:14am On Sep 15, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

skewing history just to take potshots at Igbos.....smh

not meddling in other's etnic sovreignty....what world are u living in. Hw do u think d Usman dan fodio caliphate came to nigeria.....did he beg d den pagan hausa kingdom to accept him. Hw do u think that at some point in history d oyo empire was paying tributes to sokoto....do u call dat generosity or waht?? When d whitemen came calling and forced his tradition on u....do u call dat love or wat??

We dont have any feudal system of master-slave tradition that ur pple had for ages. That why we are adventurous. The boundaries u set for urself do not apply to us.

Feel free to come up with another word for it. Meddling its so lame....smh

That is my point. In the past, all the meddling has been done. Now everyone respects everyone else's space. Yorubas meddled to expand their empire. Usman dan fodio meddled. South-south kingdoms too. It would seem the only people that did not do any of that are Igbos because they never were one political unit.

So others have done that and gone past that, have had conquests and defeats, done good and done bad things in the past. Today, they are at peace with their history accepting all that happened. Igbos do not have that because things that happened to them never happened to them as the Igbo kingdom. There was no Igbo Kingdom. So I say that is probably why they do not have respect for other people's ancient kingdoms - because they did not have theirs. They culturally do not understand that kind of respect for large scale organizational heritage preserved through the generations

They just think it is alright to try to lay cultural claim to Lagos. Other ethnic groups are there and do not feel the need to do so because other ethnic groups have their own ancient kingdoms too and it does not need to be explained to them the absurdity of such desires.

10 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by coolscott(m): 3:38am On Sep 15, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

am talking abt what predated d oyo empire and ur giving me a link to d oyo empire. So much for reading!

Why dont u try and read whats relevant to what am saying. Hw does rise and spread of oyo empire imply dat yoruba didnt come out from d bini??

And what insight does ur coming from d south-south give u as to d history of yorubas. Did u live around d tym of d oyo empire

Pls dont quote me with a half-azzed comment again. U speak like an sumone enlightened bt all i hear is bullshit.

Please go here and get an insight into the origins of the of the yoruba people:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Yoruba_people

According to wiki, "The documented history of the Yoruba people begins with the Oyo Empire, which became dominant in the early 17th century. Older traditions of the formerly dominant Ife kingdom are sparse and unreliable."

It further goes on to say "The African peoples who lived in Yorubaland, at least by the seventh century BC, were not initially known as the Yoruba, although they shared a common ethnicity and language group. The historical Yoruba develop in situ, out of earlier (Mesolithic) Volta-Niger populations, by the 1st millennium B.C.E."

Now the question is what people constitute the Volta-Niger Populations?

Below is a breakdown based on the language spoken

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by coolscott(m): 3:56am On Sep 15, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

Pls dont quote me with a half-azzed comment again. U speak like an sumone enlightened bt all i hear is bullshit.

The Akpes language has its origins traced down to present day Ondo state,
Ayere–Ahan is traced down to present day Kwara state,
the Gbe language is traced down to south eastern ghana with distribution spanning across Benin, Togo and into Nigeria.
The Fon language is traced down to Togo.
The Ewe language is traced down to Ghana and Togo.
Yoruba is traced down to Nigeria and Benin
Akoko language is traced to preesent day ondo state.
Of course Igbo origins are easily traced to eastern Nigeria.
Of all the launguage (and by extension people) groups that make that Volta-Niger population, only one, Edo is has origins with the Benin people

Now tell me, not forgetting the language they speak, do you still claim that Yorubas originated from Benin?

The map below shows the Volta-Niger region

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by coolscott(m): 4:00am On Sep 15, 2014
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by OAUTemitayo: 5:41am On Sep 15, 2014
aljharem:

Just shut up and remain in Osun
Cow dung smoker

1 Like

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ElekeNtioba: 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
coolscott:

Please go here and get an insight into the origins of the of the yoruba people:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Yoruba_people

According to wiki, "The documented history of the Yoruba people begins with the Oyo Empire, which became dominant in the early 17th century. Older traditions of the formerly dominant Ife kingdom are sparse and unreliable."

It further goes on to say "The African peoples who lived in Yorubaland, at least by the seventh century BC, were not initially known as the Yoruba, although they shared a common ethnicity and language group. The historical Yoruba develop in situ, out of earlier (Mesolithic) Volta-Niger populations, by the 1st millennium B.C.E."

Now the question is what people constitute the Volta-Niger Populations?

Below is a breakdown based on the language spoken

Am not here to debate d history of a cowardly people, just their ridiculous claims to Lagos.

Again....u ar giving me whats irrelevant to d point i raised. What dat link talks abt is d ONLY documented/verifiable/ever recorded history of yoruba. Again...am talking of what predates d oyo empire....dat empire didnt just rise from nowhere. It swallowed smaller kingdoms to bcome wat it was.

Even d yoruba call oduduwa their progenitor but they prefer d myth dat he fell from d skies rather than d more believable theory that he is a prince from d benin kingdom dat existed even before d oyo empire.
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by shiffynaani(m): 8:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

Am not here to debate d history of a cowardly people, just their ridiculous claims to Lagos.

Again....u ar giving me whats irrelevant to d point i raised. What dat link talks abt is d ONLY documented/verifiable/ever recorded history of yoruba. Again...am talking of what predates d oyo empire....dat empire didnt just rise from nowhere. It swallowed smaller kingdoms to bcome wat it was.

Even d yoruba call oduduwa their progenitor but they prefer d myth dat he fell from d skies rather than d more believable theory that he is a prince from d benin kingdom dat existed even before d oyo empire.
Can't imagine the lavel of your ignorance! It will be very pathetic if discovered! Thought the Igbos claimed they are 45% of the population,then,if not for sheer cowardness,why were they DEMANDING the position?you folks should've just gone for it atleast you're 45% of the population,see?they have started again,empty chest beaters

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by papparatzzi2013: 10:05pm On Sep 16, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

Who is this born slave of a chest beater? It is high time we let these slaves realise who they are in the Nigerian state. They are nobody in the equation of Nigeria.

Tell us one war that your forefathers and fathers won.

Tell us one established Kingdom that your chest beating fathers had apart from cannibalistic kingdom.

Even minorities had empire, not to talk of a warring ethnic group like yorubas, or jihadist Hausa/Fulani extraction. Which empire can you point out that is part of your history, apart from the human beings all of you were feasting on.

Lagos is a no man's land? Even your clueless Zik of hamlet attempted the dubious, we showed him the way to his red mud and surely history will repeat itself with this generation.

Remember how all of you ran away during June 12 and it was not even you we had scores to settle with. How much more when it is you. It is either your blood will turn Atlantic Ocean to red Sea or you will part the Atlantic Ocean to escape the onslaught against you.

Bunch of shameless cowards, lousy losers, they lack vision, they lack tact, they lack diplomacy and they are militarily bankrupt. they don't think before acting, they think with their akpu filled chest. Why won't they, when the brain cannot even stay in a flat.head.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Pasca07: 10:20pm On Sep 16, 2014
papparatzzi2013:

Who is this born slave of a chest beater? It is high time we let these slaves realise who they are in the Nigerian state. They are nobody in the equation of Nigeria.

Tell us one established Kingdom that your chest beating fathers had apart from cannibalistic kingdom.

Even minorities had empire, not to talk of a warring ethnic group like yorubas, or jihadist Hausa/Fulani extraction. Which empire can you point out that is part of your history, apart from the human beings all of you were feasting on.

Lagos is a no man's land? Even your clueless Zik of hamlet attempted the dubious, we showed him the way to his red mud and surely history will repeat itself with this generation.

Remember how all of you ran away during June 12 and it was not even you we had scores to settle with. How much more when it is you. It is either your blood will turn Atlantic Ocean to red Sea or you will part the Atlantic Ocean to escape the onslaught against you.

Bunch of shameless cowards, lousy losers, they lack vision, they lack tact, they lack diplomacy and they are militarily bankrupt. they don't think before acting, they think with their akpu filled chest. Why won't they, when the brain cannot even stay in a flat.head.
chai,so na only igbo ppl get all dis u just spewed out?pls easy on them.....

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by Pasca07: 10:20pm On Sep 16, 2014
papparatzzi2013:

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by papparatzzi2013: 10:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
Pasca07: chai,so na only igbo ppl get all dis u just spewed out?pls easy on them.....

They lack decorum and respect for others and it is high time they are made to realise they are the 5th class citizen of this country. They are war booty and even their generations yet unborn, except this country splits.

Before then, they will remain a laughing stock of the nation.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ola6: 10:35pm On Sep 16, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

Well, this is the internet. People can say anything. If these so call people are sure of themselves, they should please say this on an average day in Lagos via a protest. Then I can take them serious. However, the consequences will be far reaching....

It is only a man that has not seen trouble that will go looking for trouble.

For them to say this on the pages of a newspaper rather than physically through a protest smacks of cowardice and fear.
I will not say more than this.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ola6: 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by ibedun: 11:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
iya nla iya won!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Igbo Demand Lagos Deputy Gov’s Slot by mrofficial(m): 11:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

Believe me its not beyond them. They are quite capable of that and so much more. Right now they are just trying to ease it into d consiousness of yorubas to avoid tribal tensions. Bt its a legitimate cause and one day no matter hw many tyms y'all beat ur chest on dis forum, it will come to pass.

Patience is another quality of d Igbos.

The quote below is for you. Read and put your thinking cap on. This is something that can never be achieved in Nigeria. We all know how much the Yorubas don't like the Igbos and how much Igbos do not like Yorubas.

...reason why they lost the war in 1967!
If the Igbo race cease to exist today, it's due to their lust for the control of Lagos. A dream impossible, which can only lead to nightmares of unimaginable horror, far more than what was obtained during the Civil war.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

TRUCKPUSHER Finally Opens Up On Why He Fears Biafra / Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. / Governor Amosun In Tears As Ogun State Youths Calls Buhari A Thief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.