Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,629 members, 7,955,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:04 PM

How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John (19287 Views)

Nigerian Woman In Trouble For Battering Indian Lover (photo) / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Triplets In The U.S After Six Years Of Waiting / How To Get A House-Help In Nigeria By Elnathan John (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by cococandy(f): 7:33pm On Sep 14, 2014
Dygeasy dude how na?
It have tey. smiley

How academia family et al.?
Dygeasy: Apparently FEMINISM grin
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by edwife(f): 7:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
Poor writer embarassed see they even brought up his picture,chai!

But guys,why you dey vex?person no fit play with you again? cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by Dygeasy(m): 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
cococandy: Dygeasy dude how na?
It have tey. smiley

How academia family et al.?
abi na...

Fine o. We thank God. Everybody dey.

How oga? Hope he's not treating you like a Nigerian woman tongue
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
EfemenaXY:

I never said it's a bad thing, did I?

Okay, so why do you dislike feminists so much then?

Lolzzz, you need to go back.... I never said anything about feminists... I think you are asking the wrong person....
However, I have my reservations about Naija feminists, I think they try to tackle imaginary problems.... That is, by the way.....

3 Likes

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
tintingz:

See his head angry

Lolzzzz....

3 Likes

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by EfemenaXY: 7:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
njokusboy:

Lolzzz, you need to go back.... I never said anything about feminists... I think you are asking the wrong person....
However, I have my reservations about Naija feminists, I think they try to tackle imaginary problems.... That is, by the way.....

Hmmm...

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by cococandy(f): 7:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
grin
Lmao. Nigerian women are blessed. So are the nigerian men. He's treating me like a nigerian woman SHOULD be treated : kiss
Dygeasy: abi na...

Fine o. We thank God. Everybody dey.

How oga? Hope he's not treating you like a Nigerian woman tongue
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by cococandy(f): 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
cheesy
edwife: @cococandy grin grin grin

oh! they are here grin ;

[img]http://media./media/qCteFBHXmIhbO/giphy.gif[/img]
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by Dygeasy(m): 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
cococandy: grin
Lmao. Nigerian women are blessed. So are the nigerian men. He's treating me like a nigerian woman SHOULD be treated : kiss
Awesome! smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by bukatyne(f): 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
I saw Elnathan John and I knew bam! I would love it. He also did a piece called 'The Nigerian god' very interesting

Thank you Aisha cheesy kiss

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2014
tintingz:

See his head angry

Nna menh, this guy nose go fit finish oxygen for the room oh grin
Apologies to ones with the nose size., not my intention to grin.

What's the topic again?

At post,

Sad reality.
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by avuekwe(f): 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
It's so true, most of it by the way. I experienced some and will still experience some more. If you present a different view, they look at you like you're nuts.

2 Likes

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by tintingz(m): 9:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
avuekwe: It's so true, most of it by the way. I experienced some and will still experience some more. If you present a different view, they look at you like you're nuts.
Were you forced to wear pink clothes?

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by 5minsmadness: 2:39am On Sep 15, 2014
EfemenaXY:

I never said it's a bad thing, did I?

Okay, so why do you dislike feminists so much then?
Feminism heaps false accusations on men.
That's what pisses guys off about it.
Most of the time what feminism tries to highlight are either old ways or highly exaggerated imaginations. And most times they pin it on the man.

Nobody likes being falsely accused.

See efe asking a guy in this 21st century if he will think his girlfriend is a prost1tute for taking charge during sex,

Like seriously? Next thing is to tell you we make love on palm trees and beat native gongs after the act.

3 Likes

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by 5minsmadness: 2:50am On Sep 15, 2014
edwife: ***bringing my chair***and waiting patiently cheesy

Copycat tongue
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by AfricanApple(f): 5:54am On Sep 15, 2014
no be small aluta bring your mat o!

this is just it, can u imagine how boring and bleak life is and would be for those who have decided to die silently in dis awful believe of what and how a Nigerian woman should be.
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

First of all, wearing pink clothes is what girls do. Learn to read.

Secondly, you still don't know what satirical means.

as in,he's just not getting it

2 Likes

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by edwife(f): 10:00am On Sep 15, 2014
5minsmadness:
Copycat tongue

grin grin grin i am the queen of gif,you must have copied it from someone who copied from me tongue tongue
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 15, 2014
edwife:

grin grin grin i am the queen of gif,you must have copied it from someone who copied from me tongue tongue

I AGREE! wink
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by Onegai(f): 12:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
When I read it on sunday, I couldn't laugh. It was so real and painful. I have a man who would be so delighted if I fixed a weave, acted like the typical uninformed Naija female and stopped reading so much and decided to do a Masters (rather than be an artist). And he met me like this. I am almost about to break up with him for the atheist who likes me the way I am. I will never forget my first, whom when I told him "this hurts", said "it's your fault, there's something wrong with your body", and I almost married him. He was also confused by my choice of career (his mum was a trained lawyer who opened a shop, he thought that was what all women were meant to do after marriage). Thank God for whatever encouraged me to run from him ooooo grin

One of my colleagues last year (a man in his 40s) declared venomously "Why do women need orgas.ms? That is what is causing a divorce, I have never asked my wife if she enjoyed it, she does because she has children". When I think of all times shii gets said to my face because I'm female.

Or the several times when once a girl has a car, Daddy bought it or she's an ashi.
Or how the fact you don't attend church every sunday is alarming, nevermind your personal morals and ethics are above reproach.
Or how many times I was commiserated with for having studied Engineering, because according to them, "that's why you're not getting married on time".
Or how my mum would chase me to the kitchen on Christmas-day and leave my older brothers to watch tv in peace, as a kid.
Or how some crazy dude at MMIA was shouting (because no-one let him cut the line and chance women) that we were "disrespectful" and if we had husbands, he would deal with us.

Sorry, I had to modify my post: I met this mother at an art store in Ojuelegba, she was buying materials for her son, and we started discussing future careers. She then said "my daughter wanted to study Nursing, but I convinced her otherwise. When she gets married, she won't have time for her family. What if she marries a Pastor, will she neglect him at home?"

That chick wasn't even in SS3 yet. She could have been Nigeria's Florence Nightingale, but her mum felt her marital prospects were more important than her contribution to society.
Why does Sarcasm go over Nigerians' heads?? Didn't they study English and Literature in school.

37 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by ItsAaliyah: 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
njokusboy:

No I won't, forget the English... most people won't care about it... people who don't stay here would automatically assume dis is what happens in Naija..

I agree.

And its sad to think that after all the cash blown on education some youths still think its okay to have this mentality.
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by aderonila18: 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
So many children on nairaland! What does the man's picture have to do with his satire, very childish set undecided

3 Likes

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
you're so funny,you waiting for thw feminist blows right?
edwife: ***bringing my chair***and waiting patiently cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
O'boy see parable, abi na epistle. Sorry couldn't read d entire thing. Too long
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by EmoBoy(m): 1:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
Whoever wrote this is an idíot.

I hate when people bring up these annoying feminist sentiments all the time and I hate feminist arguments. It is always one sided and full of emotions rather than acute reasoning and logic.

Besides, most of the issues the writer tried to raise are not peculiar to Nigeria alone but a general or perhaps a global issue.

The writer is just jobless and is desperately seeking attention from his emotion laden and sentimental public.

2 Likes

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
Still waiting for their chief.
He comes all puffed up ready to pounce anytime he hears the word F.

I can see where nigerian men has really taken us to.
Back to 1500BC angry

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by Anacksunamun: 1:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
tintingz: True?

I'm sure the writer must be a feminist living or not living in Nigeria.

undecided undecided

Does it matter if a feminist wrote it? Why will you leave the message and attack the messenger? Why don't you dispute the facts constructively without playing the blame card. As long as I'm concerned, the writer made a solid valuable points laced with truths. Even here on NL, Rita Dominic's and Genevive Nnaji's achievements are thrown away because they ain't married. It's very pathetic!! The writer is to a large extent right, about the plight of the average Nigerian female.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by bukatyne(f): 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
5minsmadness:
Feminism heaps false accusations on men.
That's what pisses guys off about it.
Most of the time what feminism tries to highlight are either old ways or highly exaggerated imaginations. And most times they pin it on the man.

Nobody likes being falsely accused.

See efe asking a guy in this 21st century if he will think his girlfriend is a prost1tute for taking charge during sex,

Like seriously? Next thing is to tell you we make love on palm trees and beat native gongs after the act.

So you agree there was an 'old way?'

Don't you believe that some people will still want to be stuck to it especially when it favours them?

Some guys still think like that. You need to hear posh men talking in my office. Some are so archaic! 'How can my wife ask for my whereabouts? When she sees me, she sees me'; 'All these feferity na courtship o! after marriage, she go know say she don get husband' etc. etc. Omo, character no be by poshness. Beneath all the class, some guys are really not different from their 15th century counterparts.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by Anacksunamun: 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
EmoBoy: Whoever wrote this is an idíot.

I hate when people bring up these annoying feminist sentiments all the time and I hate feminist arguments. It is always one sided and full of emotions rather than acute reasoning and logic.

Besides, most of the issues the writer tried to raise are not peculiar to Nigeria alone but a general or perhaps a global issue.

The writer is just jobless and is desperately seeking attention from his emotion laden and sentimental public.
Instead of huffing and puffing, why don't you criticise the points raised by John and leave the feminist out of it? Apart from the "equal rights" point, I don't see what this has got to do with feminists. The writer raised truthful points there. Tackle it and stop cussing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Woman By Elnathan John by Anacksunamun: 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
-

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What's That Thing You Hate To Purchase But You Need It Everyday? / Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. / Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.