Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (406200 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by earthgreeners(m): 1:49am On Apr 24, 2013
I have a first degree in Environmental Management and Toxicology. Looking to go into HSE...

I would like to start with NISP certification....Please I would like to know the competence level I need to start with...
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by obros: 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
hey guys do you agree with these sayings
Always have some physical cash at home in case unwanted visitors arrive, so that you will have something to offer them.

Do not walk lonely streets alone especially when it is running late

Do not share your ATM PIN with anybody it is for you alone.

When performing financial transactions over the phone, it is best you leave the public area, you don’t know who may be listening.

“Safety is a cheap and effective Insurance”
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 25, 2013
I was invited for Tenoil Petroleum and Energy Services Ltd graduate aptitude test. Pls has anyone else heard from them and hw authentic. Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 27, 2013
@danielchi,its located @ 1 MacGregor road,Ikoyi,Lagos. I hope you are enroute.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by idealsico(m): 9:07am On Apr 27, 2013
Pls send me NEBOSH materials @ idealsico@yahoo.com Tks.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by taopheeq(m): 8:35am On Apr 29, 2013
WORLD HEALTH AND SAFETY DAY
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Bearshare(m): 2:04pm On May 01, 2013
Take advantage of our NEBOSH IGC course and become an internationally recognized Health, Safety & environmental professional. Novelle center is an exclusive partner with Jobberman Nigeria (www jobberman dot com) for oil & gas job alerts.

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Sejj(m): 9:29am On May 02, 2013
anyone attending the General HSE course coming up bwn May 13-17 in Lagos? Let's meet if u r in d hse
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Sejj(m): 11:46am On May 02, 2013
Sejj: anyone attending the General HSE course coming up bwn May 13-17 in Lagos? Let's meet if u r in d hse
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by earthgreeners(m): 4:14pm On May 04, 2013
Sejj: anyone attending the General HSE course coming up bwn May 13-17 in Lagos? Let's meet if u r in d hse

Yeah, I am attending......
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by jeevyww(m): 4:50pm On May 04, 2013
Pls I want to take the Nebosh HSW...I know its not as grounded as the IGC but its a good way to start..but need a lil info..where can I take the Nebosh HSW,how much is the cost...and is it viable?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Sejj(m): 9:32am On May 10, 2013
Hey HSE people on NL! Anyone attending the NISP organized General HSE coming up next week [13th-17th May]? or the Level 3 HSE coming up between 20th-23rd? Pls lets meet. I'm attending both.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Sejj(m): 9:35am On May 10, 2013
earthgreeners:

Yeah, I am attending......

Hey earthgreeners, glad to know you'll be attending. lemme av your contact via sonaterikx@yahoo.com so that we can talk.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by earthgreeners(m): 2:47pm On May 10, 2013
Sejj: Hey earthgreeners, glad to know you'll be attending. lemme av your contact via sonaterikx@yahoo.com so that we can talk.

earthgreeners@gmail.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by jaedswosh(m): 1:17pm On May 12, 2013
Plz how can I get nebosh materials
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by protocol(m): 3:50pm On May 12, 2013
afroxyz: I work in the drilling industry. Which is better for me NEBOSH IGC or NEBOSH int cert in oil and gas safety operations?
. from what u have stated here, the later is ok.but is technical to the core. enjoy
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 14, 2013
hello house, how much does it cost to run nebosh oil and gas course and where can i do it in ph or lagos. Thank u
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by chinnygold: 10:45pm On May 14, 2013
just completed my level3 HSE supervision.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Princenady(m): 11:16am On May 18, 2013
Wheeeewwwww!!! Just finished going thru all d post wch took me a whole week! Tnx to all posters who contributed a lot 2 ds thread,. D issue I hv nw is dt I hv HSE level 2 from jpts and plan to go for level 3 dre also b4 storming on ds forum. I discovered dt every1 was talking abt NISP though dia fees are high. Does d training body really count? Must it b NISP. I need to know pls. I need to go fr HSE 3 and I dnt 1t to waste money
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 18, 2013
Princenady: Wheeeewwwww!!! Just finished going thru all d post wch took me a whole week! Tnx to all posters who contributed a lot 2 ds thread,. D issue I hv nw is dt I hv HSE level 2 from jpts and plan to go for level 3 dre also b4 storming on ds forum. I discovered dt every1 was talking abt NISP though dia fees are high. Does d training body really count? Must it b NISP. I need to know pls. I need to go fr HSE 3 and I dnt 1t to waste money
Bro, the training body really counts. Go for NISP level 3. It is accredited by SPDC,d leading multinational oil n gas company in nigeria.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Bearshare(m): 5:00pm On May 18, 2013
Hi Princenady,

Furthering your HSE qualification is a good thing, but more better it is when you extend your CV with an international safety certificate. Companies recognizes stuffs like NEBOSH, IOSH, OSHA over what we have here in Nigeria.

The reason being that, the local syllabus doesnt meet up with what should be internationally.

And for the noting: NISP is no longer accredited by SPDC again. License expired January this year. Make your findings.

Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Princenady(m): 8:32pm On May 18, 2013
ayolacz: Bro, the training body really counts. Go for NISP level 3. It is accredited by SPDC,d leading multinational oil n gas company in nigeria.
Tnx Man,I appreci8
Bearshare: Hi Princenady,

Furthering your HSE qualification is a good thing, but more better it is when you extend your CV with an international safety certificate. Companies recognizes stuffs like NEBOSH, IOSH, OSHA over what we have here in Nigeria.

The reason being that, the local syllabus doesnt meet up with what should be internationally.

And for the noting: NISP is no longer accredited by SPDC again. License expired January this year. Make your findings.

Cheers!
ayolacz: Bro, the training body really counts. Go for NISP level 3. It is accredited by SPDC,d leading multinational oil n gas company in nigeria.
Tnx Man,I appreci8
Please,cn u come out plain so, I will understand better. Shld I leave HSE 3 and go for NEBOSH? Make me understand better please.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Jman06(m): 9:40pm On May 18, 2013
......:..
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by harlyon(m): 5:09am On May 19, 2013
I have an ND in administration but interested in the safety profession.I have done NISP level 1 and 3.I have also done osha manager program.but I found out that all the SHE jobs are always for experienced individuals.
Do anyone around know where one can get one for newbies like me
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by princessebong(f): 10:46am On May 19, 2013
which is the best hse certification (in terms of intl recognition etc) nebosh or nisp or others (pls specify)
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Bearshare(m): 1:03pm On May 19, 2013
Jman06: Hi pals,i am a biochemist and will soon be goin for service,i am really interested in HSE and will like 2 combine d program with my nysc,pls i wll appreciate any kind suggestions from nlanders on how 2 go about it,i wll equally like 2 know d job prospects and if one can be self employed with d knowledge of HSE.Please get 2 me through Just4real2010@gmail.com and may God bless u as u respond.Thanks

From experience I'll say go for an international certificate.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Bearshare(m): 1:07pm On May 19, 2013
harlyon: I have an ND in administration but interested in the safety profession.I have done NISP level 1 and 3.I have also done osha manager program.but I found out that all the SHE jobs are always for experienced individuals.
Do anyone around know where one can get one for newbies like me

NISP means Nigeria Institute for Safety Professionals

OSHA means Occupational Safety and Health Academy US

Nigeria is amongst the commonwealth nations (Nations under UK colony), that means Multinational companies will respect International safety certificates from UK more than the others

NEBOSH and IOSH are UK Institutes and widely accepted globslly
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Bearshare(m): 1:10pm On May 19, 2013
princess-ebong:
which is the best hse certification (in terms of intl recognition etc) nebosh or nisp or others (pls specify)

NISP is Nigerian

NEBOSH is International and not only that, but also the highest seal in HSE followed by IOSH and OSHA.

Other environmental certifications are IEMA, CIEH
Other quality management certifications are CQI and IRCA
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 19, 2013
Bearshare:

NISP means Nigeria Institute for Safety Professionals

OSHA means Occupational Safety and Health Academy US

Nigeria is amongst the commonwealth nations (Nations under UK colony), that means Multinational companies will respect International safety certificates from UK more than the others

NEBOSH and IOSH are UK Institutes and widely accepted globslly

Thanks for dis explanation. I'm interested in d NEBOSH HSE course. Pls how do I get started? I'm in lag. Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by teezlycrest(m): 3:02pm On May 19, 2013
Please going for Msc Occupational health and safety, does it give any advantage over a professional course. Which do u guys think will give me a better bet for job as a fresher in the field.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.