Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,475 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:23 AM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (403065 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2011
kay-one:

@brainwave, i'm glad how u've kept this thread going since 2008 years, and it's really educating. thanks to evry1 dat has made contributions. i'm hoping to start an HSE course early next yr.

@kay-one, Much gracias smiley Tnx 4 ur comments. Its just our own way (I and all other contributors) of volunteering HSE related info to those that find it useful on nairaland. Best wishes in ur journey into HSE next year! Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 6:25pm On Aug 22, 2011
boloase:

This forum is quite educating. I did Hse level 2 wit jpts(dnt knw if any 1 know of dem). I wanted 2 proceed to level 3 bt am skeptic abt them. If any1 has idea abt their recogntion or a beta facilitator pls share wit me. One love!

@boloase, for people to be able 2advice you, you may need2 provide more info about the organisation e.g, their full name, accreditaion/affiliation (if they have any), the source of their facilitators et.c. Where are u based? If u're Lagos-based, have u considered NISP?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2011
sohail512:

@brainwave
yeah buddy, i am NEBOSH certified mechanical engineer working as HSE Engineer in the field of Oil and gas, i just meant to say that we should also share job  openings in the HSE field because many position are filled with in the companies with reference or contacts , we being a professional like myself who are working in HSE environment should share the job openings so that the persons who are looking for job or who are new to HSE may drop their resumes accordingly , what you say bro, 

@sohail512, Great idea! @ALL,, please those of us already working in the field (HSE) are encouraged to share any HSE-related job openings here. U never can tell whose life u can help transform by doing just that. Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by bubbleskid: 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2011
Hey fellow Professionals, I would like you to heed from some industry information: FOCUS ON NEBOSH as this is a requirement for suitable position in Safety Management such as Safety Engineer / Auditor or similar positions in Petrochemical Construction & Processing, Oil & Gas (Refinery, Gas Plants, Storage tanks, Pipe Line) at Offshore as well as Onshore facilities. You can progress to obtaining the ISO's later 18001:2007 (Safety Mgt Systems) and 14001 (Environ).

I work for Deep Blue Energy as QHSE auditor and just thought I'd share this with you! Best of Luck with your endevours!

Yinka
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by upengineer: 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2011
Hello safety professions

i want to know how recognised is CIEP certificate in Nigeria.
Honest responses will be appreciated
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by upengineer: 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2011
Hello safety professionals

how recognised is Chartered Insttute of Environment Health CIEH certificate in Nigeria. Honest respnses will be appreciated.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Engraced01: 9:38am On Aug 26, 2011
Kudos to all our highly esteemed contributors. I really enjoy this forum, its like we are one family. Please, we would love if our professionals can discuss with us how they started with HSE, what is operational (what HSE is all about), what to expect, the interesting and otherwise parts of HSE, the career prospects, how to move up along the HSE ladder and lots more, so that we the new entrants and other interested people can learn from.

Candid contributions are welcomed.

To my brother, Brainwave, God bless u. Though, I have not seen you to face, but believe someday, we'll see. Keep the fire burning.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2011
upengineer:

Hello safety professionals

how recognised is Chartered Insttute of Environment Health CIEH certificate in Nigeria. Honest respnses will be appreciated.

@upengineer,, I've heard of CIEH and seen an advert about their courses on Nigerian T.V but sincerely, I don't know much about them as far as 'recognition' or 'accreditation' in Nigeria is concerned.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2011
Engraced01:

Kudos to all our highly esteemed contributors. I really enjoy this forum, its like we are one family. Please, we would love if our professionals can discuss with us how they started with HSE, what is operational (what HSE is all about), what to expect, the interesting and otherwise parts of HSE, the career prospects, how to move up along the HSE ladder and lots more, so that we the new entrants and other interested people can learn from.

Candid contributions are welcomed.

To my brother, Brainwave, God bless u. Though, I have not seen you to face, but believe someday, we'll see. Keep the fire burning.

@Engraced01, Thankx & God bless you too. In retrospect, I'd say divine providence played a majour role in my venture into HSE although, I had a somewhat relevant background, talking about a first degree in the environmental sciences, the entry-level opportunity I got was definately, GOD-given, time would fail me to go into details right now. I followed up with 'hands-on' practical training on-the-job  coupled with company-sponsored / personally sponsored HSE training (courses), well the story is still unfolding but its indeed an interesting field to work in though it could sometimes be quite stressful as one often works unconventional/unsocial hours but hey, as they say,  'no pain', 'no gain', sorry this is the much I have time to squeez in 4now. Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Engraced01: 5:40am On Aug 30, 2011
brainwave:

@Engraced01, Thankx & God bless you too. In retrospect, I'd say divine providence played a majour role in my venture into HSE although, I had a somewhat relevant background, talking about a first degree in the environmental sciences, the entry-level opportunity I got was definately, GOD-given, time would fail me to go into details right now. I followed up with 'hands-on' practical training on-the-job  coupled with company-sponsored / personally sponsored HSE training (courses), well the story is still unfolding but its indeed an interesting field to work in though it could sometimes be quite stressful as one often works unconventional/unsocial hours but hey, as they say,  'no pain', 'no gain', sorry this is the much I have time to squeez in 4now. Cheers! 

Thank you very much. I wouldn't mind if you can send me ur e-mail address so that we may correspond on a more secured platform. Mine is borifowomo@yahoo.com
God bless u real good.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Wesleynic: 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2011
HELLO EVERY ONE IN THE HOUSE I AM VERY HAPPY TO SEE FELLOW NIGERIANS HELPING EACH OTHER THROUGH THIS MEDIUM.

I REALLY NEED ADVICE FROM THOSE IN THE OIL AND GAS SECTOR PLS I NEED VERY DETAILED ADVICE CONCERNING THE HEALTH AND SAFETY ENVIRONMENT COURSE OR RATHER CALLED NABOSH HERE IN ENGLAND.

I AM DOING MY MASTERS HERE IN ENGLAND AND I STUDIED MY FIRST DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE AND I DID MY PGD IN MANAGEMENT AND I AM PRESENTLY DOING MY MASTERS IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS TO ROUND UP IN MARCH 2012. AND AT THE MOMENT I JUST REALISE THAT STAYING HERE IN OVER SEAS IS COMPLETE WASTE OF FUTURE PLANS SO NOW A FRIEND TOLD ME TO WRITE THE HEALTH AND SAFETY ENVIRONMENT COURSE HERE IN LONDON THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO GET INTO THE OIL AND GAS SECTOR BACK IN NIGERIA AND I REALLY NEED AS MUCH ADVICE ON THE ISSUE TO FOLLOW MY CAREER PART VERY WELL AS I KNOW NIGERIA IS FAVOUR ME MORE WHEN I GET A JOB BACK HOME.

WAITING TO HEAR FROM MY BROS IN THE HOUSE.

THANKS

NICOLAS
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 1:51pm On Sep 08, 2011
Engraced01:

Thank you very much. I wouldn't mind if you can send me your e-mail address so that we may correspond on a more secured platform. Mine is borifowomo@yahoo.com
God bless u real good.

@Engraced01, you may check your e-mail box now for my reply to your last email.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 2:03pm On Sep 08, 2011
Wesley_nic:

HELLO EVERY ONE IN THE HOUSE I AM VERY HAPPY TO SEE FELLOW NIGERIANS HELPING EACH OTHER THROUGH THIS MEDIUM.

I REALLY NEED ADVICE FROM THOSE IN THE OIL AND GAS SECTOR PLS I NEED VERY DETAILED ADVICE CONCERNING THE HEALTH AND SAFETY ENVIRONMENT COURSE OR RATHER CALLED NABOSH HERE IN ENGLAND.

I AM DOING MY MASTERS HERE IN ENGLAND AND I STUDIED MY FIRST DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE AND I DID MY PGD IN MANAGEMENT AND I AM PRESENTLY DOING MY MASTERS IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS TO ROUND UP IN MARCH 2012. AND AT THE MOMENT I JUST REALISE THAT STAYING HERE IN OVER SEAS IS COMPLETE WASTE OF FUTURE PLANS SO NOW A FRIEND TOLD ME TO WRITE THE HEALTH AND SAFETY ENVIRONMENT COURSE HERE IN LONDON THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO GET INTO THE OIL AND GAS SECTOR BACK IN NIGERIA AND I REALLY NEED AS MUCH ADVICE ON THE ISSUE TO FOLLOW MY CAREER PART VERY WELL AS I KNOW NIGERIA IS FAVOUR ME MORE WHEN I GET A JOB BACK HOME.

WAITING TO HEAR FROM MY BROS IN THE HOUSE.

THANKS

NICOLAS

@Wesley_nic, , Welcome to the forum, you have asked a whole lot of questions, i'd suggest you patiently take the time to go through this thread again from page 1 (dating back to 2008) if you've not already done so perhaps, you might get some answers to your questions there in. Afterwards, you may still ask further questions on any specific grey areas, what do you think?

@ALL please, feel free to answer any of NICOLAS' questions. Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ikhiaonose: 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2011
I am an HSE Professional.If you wish to write NEBOSH REGISTER WITH ATM AND WRITE YOUR EXAM IN AT ANY BRITISH COUNCIL OFFICE IN NIGERIA FOR AS LEES AS 140K.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by neyo2k7: 12:11am On Sep 14, 2011
@ all
i took my time to read ds thread today, u guys are great, thanks, av gaind so much
@brainwave, keep it up
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 7:07pm On Sep 14, 2011
neyo_2k7:

@ all
i took my time to read ds thread today, u guys are great, thanks, av gaind so much
@brainwave, keep it up

@neyo_2k7, U're welcome sir! Together, we do it better! smiley
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by afrobaby(f): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2011
Hi all, I have a friend who is an IT Officer but wish to move into oil and gas, what programme will u recommend he undertake to give him an edge, thx
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 2:58pm On Sep 19, 2011
afrobaby:

Hi all, I have a friend who is an IT Officer but wish to move into oil and gas, what programme will u recommend he undertake to give him an edge, thx

@afrobaby, can you be a little more specific on the area of interest of your friend in the O & G sector. You know, the Oil & Gas industry is quite broad in spetcrum. Does your friend want to remain in IT or he's willing to explore other discilplines in Oil & Gas?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by afrobaby(f): 8:10am On Sep 21, 2011
He still wants to remain in IT but work in O&G
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2011
afrobaby:

He still wants to remain in IT but work in O&G

@afrobaby, ok. Well, I know that most reputable O & G firms have IT units / departments. But I am not aware of any particuular O & G related course that is specifically advantageous for IT professionals looking for job openings in the industry (O & G).

@All, anyone with any useful info / advice for afrobaby's friend?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by skiduski(m): 2:05am On Sep 23, 2011
Hello guys
For sometime now av been following this thread and i just feel i should contribute my own quota of help.

I have done NISP courses level 1 and2 and am a member of the institute.
I want to take the NEBOSH certificate exam but i saw someone quote the price he did his @ 300k or thereabout on this thread and men fear catch me.
my questions are,
can i study on my own if i have the relevant materials and then go and do the exams?
how much will it cost if i do study on my own?
where and how can i register for the NEBOSH exam?

NB: for those that are about to take the exam i have NEBOSH IGC past questions and answers from june 1998 to 2005
Also i have the soft copy of the official NEBOSH text book; INTRODUCTION TO HEALTH AND SFETY AT WORK by Phil Hughes and Ed Ferrett third edition. with other helpful materials.
Anyone interested should send me a mail olakunleapara@gmail.com or drop their e-mail addy here to get copies of the materials for free

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brayan(m): 1:04am On Oct 11, 2011
@Superbrain, you're welcome! Relevant
areas at the Masters level include
Occupational Health / Environment Control /
Environmental Management locally (in
Nigeria). Internationally, there are more HSE
specific post-grad courses like MSc
Occupational & Environmental Health &
Safety Management et.c. offered by
institutions like University of Portsmouth,
UK even on a part-time basis (distance
learning).
@brainwave, please i would like to know which institutions in nigeria offer relevant masters degree in health safety and the environment
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 5:23pm On Oct 14, 2011
brayan:

@Superbrain, you're welcome! Relevant
areas at the Masters level include
Occupational Health / Environment Control /
Environmental Management locally (in
Nigeria). Internationally, there are more HSE
specific post-grad courses like MSc
Occupational & Environmental Health &
Safety Management et.c. offered by
institutions like University of Portsmouth,
UK even on a part-time basis (distance
learning).
@brainwave, please i would like to know which institutions in nigeria offer relevant masters degree in health safety and the environment

@brayan, I am aware of Nigerian unis like UNILAG et.c offering HSE relavant Masters in Environmental Management while the likes of OAU also offer MSc. in Environmental Control & Management however, I do not know of any accredited/ recognized Nigerian uni (private or public) offering a core / HSE specific PG course. Although, one would expect that the newer specialized universtites e.g those springing up in the niger delta, will grow their capacities to such a level that they'll be able to offer HSE specific courses at the Masters level. Anyone with info on Nigerian universities offering HSE at the PG level should please enlighten us, thanks!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2011
skiduski:

Hello guys
For sometime now av been following this thread and i just feel i should contribute my own quota of help.

I have done NISP courses level 1 and2 and am a member of the institute.
I want to take the NEBOSH certificate exam but i saw someone quote the price he did his @ 300k or thereabout on this thread and men fear catch me.
my questions are,
can i study on my own if i have the relevant materials and then go and do the exams?
how much will it cost if i do study on my own?
where and how can i register for the NEBOSH exam?

NB: for those that are about to take the exam i have NEBOSH IGC past questions and answers from june 1998 to 2005
Also i have the soft copy of the official NEBOSH text book; INTRODUCTION TO HEALTH AND SFETY AT WORK by Phil Hughes and Ed Ferrett third edition. with other helpful materials.
Anyone interested should send me a mail olakunleapara@gmail.com or drop their e-mail addy here to get copies of the materials for free

@skiduski, thanks again for the NEBOSH materials, God bless!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by skiduski(m): 6:45pm On Oct 19, 2011
@Brainwave
You are welcome. I will be attaching some more materials soon and send it out to you
for appreciating what i sent you so check your inbox between now and 2morrow.

@ all you van still request for the materials at no cost whatsoever, am just here to help.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by boloase(m): 8:11pm On Oct 19, 2011
@brainwave.thanx man. D Ful name is joint profession training institute(JPTS). Theyar based in lkeja
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by skiduski(m): 9:00am On Oct 20, 2011
@ Brainwave
I have sent the materials as promised.
I also sent it to all those that i have their e-mail addy that requested for the NEBOSH materials so please check your inbox
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 11:10pm On Oct 20, 2011
@skiduski, Thanks again for the additional materials! All I can say is God bless u again.Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by cejo(m): 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2011
@skiduski,pls i need those NEBOSH materials cos im preparing 4 the exam soonest,mail me: info4ceejay@yahoo.com. Thanks in Anticipation
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Engraced01: 6:19pm On Nov 01, 2011
Hello fellow nigerians!
Pls, can anyone just tell me why its so hard geting entry level HSE jobs even after been certified by NISP. I just don't understand. Pls, can somebody help!!!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by tracyn: 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2011
Pls,does anyone knw any standard organisation whr i can do NEBOSH (HSE) for less than 200k.thnx.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by yamakuza: 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2011
tracyn:

Pls,does anyone knw any standard organisation whr i can do NEBOSH (HSE) for less than 200k.thnx.

i heard the exam is like N160k, so u have N39k change if u self study.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.