Stats: 3,140,624 members, 7,770,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:44 PM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (403079 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by tracyn: 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2011
Thax 4 d reply,pls which of d orgarnizations do u knw can do it 4 160k cos i heard its more than tht.thnx.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by yamakuza: 7:06pm On Nov 17, 2011
tracyn:

Thax 4 d reply,pls which of d orgarnizations do u knw can do it 4 160k cos i heard its more than tht.thnx.

i read somewhere on this thread that 160k is the exam fee.

You will then have to source for books/materials on your own.

Try go through the whole thread.

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Rich4god(m): 5:33am On Nov 18, 2011
Hello every1, am a fresh chemical engineering graduate and i realy want to further my carreer in HSE. Plz and need advice and recommendation on where and how to go about it and also, what are the qualification needed to get started.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 8:50pm On Nov 21, 2011
Rich4god:

Hello every1, am a fresh chemical engineering graduate and i realy want to further my carreer in HSE. Plz and need advice and recommendation on where and how to go about it and also, what are the qualification needed to get started.

@Rich4god, u're welcome! I'll advice you to take the pains to go through this thread from the 1st page. You should definately get some answers that way. Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Uddekong: 2:33am On Nov 26, 2011
@ skiduski, please i need NEBOSH Materials. Am studying for the exams, thanks alot! my email ueedee03@yahoo.com. God bless
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Uddekong: 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2011
plssssssss i nid NEBOSH materials, its urgent, am studing for the exams. Anyone who can give me, wld be much appreciated.Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by shimol(m): 5:50am On Nov 27, 2011
@brainwave, I'll rank u the top resource person in NL. Thank you so much. My bro life in naija has bin crazy oh. I hold a Bsc in Industrial Physics, Masters in Geophysics n currently kicked off PhD study, all in Nigeria. But d annoying thing is that I cant even secure 70k job. So I decided to broaden my wings. Just completed HSE LEVEL 2&3 wit NISP. Was so impressed that I have decided to empty d bank for NEBOSH. Pls house I need materials. Just keep them coming. God bless y'all richly. Profshimol@yahoo.com could add me on facebook with Siokwu Victor.

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by protocol(m): 5:47pm On Dec 11, 2011
pls hep me send the NIBOSH materials to my email. henrycnwokorie@yahoo.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Kindy: 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2011
Dear all,
Compliments of the season!
Pls note that registration deadline for nebosh igc for jan 2012 is wed 14 dec 2011. pls kindly call us for registration @ finny integrated services ltd,12b circular road,elekahia housing estate,ph, 08068837209, 08035578818. also , we allow instalment payment as long as you can complete it before end of training. see fees below: full course-n330,000, 1 resit- n70,000, 2 resits-n150,000. regards
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by username84: 9:23pm On Dec 14, 2011
can one get job with hse certificate i mean without a bachelors degree, will love a response soon
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by mannp: 12:33pm On Dec 16, 2011
Dear Professionals, below would be good for HSE Practitioners;

This is to introduce the Global, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Certification programs to you. Noting, that Enterprise Risk Management is growing exponentially, it has become a major challenge for many corporations especially Oil and Gas, Construction, Engineering, Banks and other Financial institutions which are in need of implementing adequate methods and processes to manage their risks efficiently. All industry experts say it is only a matter of time before ERM programs are required by the regulators.

Therefore, there is a growing global demand for Enterprise Risk Management professionals across all Industries; http://erm-academy.org/knowledge/erm-article/growing-demand-erm-professionals

Take Advantage!- Prove your Competence!- Stay Relevant!:

Register online here for your ERMCP/AP March 2012 diet exams: http://www.erm-academy.org/region/nigeria

It's A ONE OFF EXAM- (Exams are Conducted on a Quarterly basis every year). e.g March 2012, June 2012, September 2012, December 2012. Once you Complete your registration you would receive Guidebooks and Study Materials in other to start preparing for the forth Coming interested Diets.

Certification exam fee: $450

On note, People are registering, do not be left out. (Dec 10, 2011 diet exam has been concluded already, candidates are expecting their results in the next 15-20 days from the Global Certification office)

ERMCP/AP Nigeria Community Page is on Facebook! - "Like' our page to keep in touch with us in this interactive forum: http:///r3Vz1rVz1r and ERMCP Linkedin Group Page: www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2584430

Please, contact ERM Academy Nigeria National Coordinator for any enquiries via Email: nigeria@erm-academy.org , www.erm-acadmy.org OR Phone: +2348023054799

Help us Spread this among friends, staff and colleagues.

Thank you.

POWERED BY PMconsultings- www.pmconsultings.net
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Dflamed: 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2011
It is good 2 associate ones self with wise men of the HSE profession (whether intends or experienced), I'm humbled by the amount of information that is flowing via this medium, Please keep it up. It's a good things.

Gracias smiley
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by username84: 2:25am On Jan 01, 2012
happy about the responses safety professionals are giving here, i'll be a safety professional this year and will love any help as to getting a job
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by texas1(m): 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2012
Hello friends,
Kudos to brainwave & all for keeping this thread alive & running. You guys are doing a great job.
I’m an Electrical Engineer with no experience in HSE. I’m preparing to engage in an HSE professional training & I’ve decided to go the NISP way for now. That is to take HSE Level 3 exam & possibly get the NISP certification/membership.

My contact at NISP directed me to a centre named Vertex Concept for the training, where I was advised to go for “ Occupational Health & Safety Management “ .

My questions are:
• Can one get NISP certification going through this kind of organizations
• Is Occupational Health and Safety Management really higher in rating than HSE 2 & 3 as claimed by this organization.
• Is OHSM accredited by NISP.

I would really appreciate any useful information.

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kayalla(f): 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2012
@stankion, Check this site it answer ur questions. Someone sent it to me.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by yamakuza: 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2012
kayalla:

@stankion, Check this site it answer your questions. Someone sent it to me.

what site? No url up there.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by yamakuza: 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2012
texas1:

Hello friends,
Kudos to brainwave & all for keeping this thread alive & running. You guys are doing a great job.
I’m an Electrical Engineer with no experience in HSE. I’m preparing to engage in an HSE professional training & I’ve decided to go the NISP way for now. That is to take HSE Level 3 exam & possibly get the NISP certification/membership.

My contact at NISP directed me to a centre named Vertex Concept for the training, where I was advised to go for “ Occupational Health & Safety Management “ .

My questions are:
• Can one get NISP certification going through this kind of organizations
• Is Occupational Health and Safety Management really higher in rating than HSE 2 & 3 as claimed by this organization.
• Is OHSM accredited by NISP.

I would really appreciate any useful information.

HSE Levels 1 to 3 are general/peripheral in scope, so you can fit into a lot of industries with it.

OHSM by NISP is more specific/specialized.

You were probably advised to go for OHSM based on the discussion you had (what you want to use it for?), details of which we are not privy to.

NISP runs in-house courses so maybe you were referred elsewhere because your schedule doesnt fit theirs?

Why not download their 2012 Course Schedule.

Unless the OHSM you are referring to is the one by OSHA, which is at par with NEBOSH; the godfather certs of HSE.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 12:54am On Jan 12, 2012
yamakuza:

HSE Levels 1 to 3 are general/peripheral in scope, so you can fit into a lot of industries with it.

OHSM by NISP is more specific/specialized.

You were probably advised to go for OHSM based on the discussion you had (what you want to use it for?), details of which we are not privy to.

NISP runs in-house courses so maybe you were referred elsewhere because your schedule doesnt fit theirs?

Why not download their 2012 Course Schedule.

Unless the OHSM you are referring to is the one by OSHA, which is at par with NEBOSH; the godfather certs of HSE.

Big Up! yamakuza & ALL, tnx 4 keeping the flag of this thread flying. Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Ojeilevbare(m): 11:46pm On Jan 12, 2012
well i am also interested in the hse certification thing, i studied electrical electronics engineering and currently have a pgd in disaster risk management form the university of maiduguri. Does this qualify me as a safety professional, or i have to get the certification differently.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by yamakuza: 11:56pm On Jan 12, 2012
Ojeilevbare:

well i am also interested in the hse certification thing, i studied electrical electronics engineering and currently have a pgd in disaster risk management form the university of maiduguri. Does this qualify me as a safety professional, or i have to get the certification differently.

lol. U have to get it differently.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by jimbass(m): 5:51am On Jan 13, 2012
Hey guys, just came across this tread, am preparing for a NEBOSH International General Certificate exam, please can u guys update me on how to get a job in naija with no experience in health and safety.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by greatbugsy: 1:41pm On Jan 13, 2012
Hello,
I just graduated from university in physics education.what do i need to start up a career in hse.what should be my next steps plsss
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by yamakuza: 2:01pm On Jan 13, 2012
greatbugsy:

Hello,
I just graduated from university in physics education.what do i need to start up a career in hse.what should be my next steps plsss

read the thread from begining till end.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by yamakuza: 2:05pm On Jan 13, 2012
jimbass:

Hey guys, just came across this tread, am preparing for a NEBOSH International General Certificate exam, please can u guys update me on how to get a job in naija with no experience in health and safety.

difficult, but not impossible.

Hopefully, someone else will add to this.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Strusolut: 5:48pm On Jan 20, 2012
Description

FREE 5-DAYS ONLINE COURSE IN MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY. CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION, COMPLETION AND STATEMENT OF PERFORMANCE WOULD BE AWARDED TO SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES BY STRUCTURAL SOLUTION (CONSULT) LIMITED, UK.
ALL COURSES AND EXAMINATIONS ARE TAKEN ONLINE.CERTIFICATES ARE ISSUES WEEKS AFTER EXAMS

How to register:
1. Online application. Fill our application form at www.structuralsolution.org

2. Email: Send your name and email address to olugbenro@structuralsolution.org , info@structuralsolution.org

3. Mobile phone
Send your name & email address to our advertising company on 07034049944, 07028953424 or MD on +447956515183

4.Blackberry Registration:
Add us on 236896CB and join our HSE group.

5. Twitter Registration
Add info_structural and join our HSE group.

Available dates: 3rd batch (Jan 23-27, 2012); 4th batch (Feb. 20-24)
5th batch (March 12-16); 6th batch (March 26-30); 7th batch (April 23-27, 2012); 8th batch (May 21-25); 9th batch (June 25-29).

All lectures and Examinations are taken ONLINE.Certificates are issued to the successful candidates

For Event pamphlet,send mails to
olugbenro@structuralsolution.org , info@structuralsolution.org

VISIT http://structuralsolution.org/upcoming_events.html for more informations.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Strusolut: 6:07pm On Jan 20, 2012
thnx
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 23, 2012
I am a chemical engineering grad though I am working. I just want to know the process of registration for NISP. Which level do I start from based on my qualification? How do I register? Is it an exam based course? What is the duration of each course? Cost?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 10:55pm On Jan 23, 2012
x-fire:

I am a chemical engineering grad though I am working. I just want to know the process of registration for NISP. Which level do I start from based on my qualification? How do I register? Is it an exam based course? What is the duration of each course? Cost?

@x=fire, you may start the NISP course from level 2 considering your backgroung/discipline (chemical engineering). You register at the NISP centre closest to your base. Yes, it is an exam based programme at some point i.e, if you want to go all the way to become an associate member except you've got considerable field experience as an HSE practitioner which may qualify you for an exam waiver. I'm frankly not in tune with the course cost/fees at the moment. The courses at the Lagos centre are usually organized on a monthly basis while membership exams take place twice a year!.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by punche(m): 10:08am On Jan 27, 2012
[i][b]Hey Guys, Am Olusegun by name, i did my HSE course at the Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals obtaining General HSE Certificate, HSE Supervision Competence (Level 3) also i have written the membership exams and presently waiting for my Induction which is to take place in Imo state.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by greatbugsy: 11:48am On Jan 27, 2012
hi please who can confirm if jpts(joint professionals training and support international) is a confirmed hse level 2 and 3 organiser cause they have a seminar and exam this weekend in nigeria.let me know please very urgent,
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2012
punche:

[i][b]Hey Guys, Am Olusegun by name, i did my HSE course at the Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals obtaining General HSE Certificate, HSE Supervision Competence (Level 3) also i have written the membership exams and presently waiting for my Induction which is to take place in Imo state.

@Olusegun, you're most welocme on board the HSE people's train on nairaland!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 3:37pm On Jan 27, 2012
greatbugsy:

hi please who can confirm if jpts(joint professionals training and support international) is a confirmed hse level 2 and 3 organiser cause they have a seminar and exam this weekend in nigeria.let me know please very urgent,

@greatbugsy, sorry I don't think I've ever come across the organisation (jpts). @ALL, anyone with useful info for greatbugsy should please pass a comment,

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here