Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,607 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Internet Dating And It's Consequence: Teenage Guys As A Case Study - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Internet Dating And It's Consequence: Teenage Guys As A Case Study (670 Views)

Guys, As Any Lady Ever Drain Your Pocket On A Date Before? / Why Do I Keep Meeting Christian Guys As Suitors / Is Internet Dating Really Rubbish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Dating And It's Consequence: Teenage Guys As A Case Study by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
*clears throat*

Ehen, i once posted a thread concerning how female girls are so frustrating and i got the bashing from left right and centre from some of the teenage folks both male and female alike. I simply don't blame them for they now have 3G enabled phone and can visit any website and web link with little or no restriction. First, i'll like to let you all know that i'm not teenagerophobic(lol. If there is any word like that). After all, i was once a teenager. But now, i'm going to be treating the issue on how teenagers has invaded the internet and it's consequences. I'll begin with an instance back in 2011, one of my gownup female cousin who was 33years old at then was chatting on 2go with a guy of 17years. She is the jovial type and was just chatting with the guy like a big aunty while the guy was trying to woo her. Being a very kind and understanding person, she replied to his messages prudently. At a point she couldn't take more she said to the guy "Hey, i'm just trying to be friendly don't you know i'm you aunty?" and the good-for-nothing guy replied. "You don't know i can pregnant you!". Imagine! See guts na... A guy who can't talk to a 10year old girl on a normal day. With anger, my cousin deleted him and every other underaged on her list. Now, my say is this: even though you are hiding under the shadow of being anonymous does not warrant you to talk to anyone anyhow. You don't know who is who here. There are great men and women here on nairaland that you need to pass through security check or even fill form to see them and for the fact they lower themselves here to catch fun does not give the right to step on their toes. And the underaged guys who stalk ladies here and there i'll like to tell you that there are more things to life than that. There comes a time in life that there be so much time to woo ladies and not spend hours online looking for girlfriend. In 2004 when we started using the internet, i use to see YIM to be for the grown-ups/adults then even though i was a full grown teenager as at then. Until 2006 when i started visiting Nairaland, you see matured comments and people out to help you. And those days there were no internet enabled phone so mostly the matured ones visit the cyber cafe for research, YIM, nairaland, assignments and applications, facebook Like seriously? Who knows facebook then? - yeah, i mean the days of free mtn cheat on phone and PC for thats basically why i visit nairaland those days. My section was Webmaster, education, Phone/PC, Romance... Since 2006, I never knew nairaland had a romance section until few months ago.

Summary: those energy you used in stalking and embarrassing matured ladies, it will simply do you more good if you channel it in you studies or preferably to the national grid cos for a long while now i never get light for my place. Lol.
Yeah, i love my teenage friends that's why i'm spending this time to write on this cheers...

1 Like

Re: Internet Dating And It's Consequence: Teenage Guys As A Case Study by computerboy: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
What do u expect when tecno made phones very affordable. If it were in the days of 35k for just sim card......

lemme comment my reserve
Re: Internet Dating And It's Consequence: Teenage Guys As A Case Study by marieolae(f): 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
Yeah. We have a lot of teenage guys out there are still seeking admission to universities. So while they are @ home, the entertain themselves by harassing people on the internet. I don't think its going to stop anytime soon. Its just something that you have to try and avoid. Not all teenage boys are immature and heartless.

1 Like

Re: Internet Dating And It's Consequence: Teenage Guys As A Case Study by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
Truetalk, when my elder bro first introduced me to NL,I would always run back to him with excitement, telling him the latest I learnt from there.

I understand your cousins' case, in reality I'm a very principled person, though I am jovial...but my friends and friends-of-friends sometimes say I am proud...so I had to start loosening up a bit.
Then I started taking out time to respond to my Facebook messages and co, due to my person when I was in sch, I had a huge fan base, even after I graduated, some juniors-of-juniors kept on adding me.

...so there was this particular cute young boy,that would always send me message and shii. I would reply in my most polite way...then he started telling me how he sees me in his dreams and wouldn't mind a cuddle.
@that point, I had to ask, did you know me personally in second sch, he said not really, that when I was graduating, he was just entering JSS2...i didn't know what else to reply him till today.

Though not all of them are like that though. It's just the power of internet and the anonymity they enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Internet Dating And It's Consequence: Teenage Guys As A Case Study by Dreyl(m): 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
You won't put the blame on them because they re immature,and besides some of them just do this just for fun sake or rather if they are bored or depressed so they vent their anger on any random people online.things have really evolve unlike before,now you see kids trading words with someone that's old enough to be their uncle,i don't really blame them tho,when they mature they will understand.
Re: Internet Dating And It's Consequence: Teenage Guys As A Case Study by NZAN(m): 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
Age and maturity are inversely related, they are matured teenagers and the inmature once, as well as mature adult and the inmature once

NB: inmaturity(stupidity) express itself inrespective of it carier be it a teenager or adult in any place it finds itself which is mostly online because of no trafic neither is there any stupidity check at the entrance

1 Like

Re: Internet Dating And It's Consequence: Teenage Guys As A Case Study by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

@that point, I had to ask, did you know me personally in second sch, he said not really, that when I was graduating, he was just entering JSS2...i didn't know what else to reply him till today.
grin grin grin grin grin gringrin *hits head on the screen*
Re: Internet Dating And It's Consequence: Teenage Guys As A Case Study by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
Vessi:
Lol. Sorry, but the guy is fine o wink...hahaha. he even told me age is just a number. I was in my final year then and he was about writing his SSCE
Re: Internet Dating And It's Consequence: Teenage Guys As A Case Study by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
Vessi:
Seconded.
Re: Internet Dating And It's Consequence: Teenage Guys As A Case Study by Baddestguyp(m): 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
dats how they are. I stopped using Fb cos of those small girls sending me messages. but no experience of that on NL
Re: Internet Dating And It's Consequence: Teenage Guys As A Case Study by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 15, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Lol. Sorry, but the guy is fine o wink...hahaha. he even told me age is just a number. I was in my final year then and he was about writing his SSCE
LMAO grin
It takes some guts to carry out what that guy did. Isn't he brave and confident?grin

But, he should have known he can't have you. At least he is not established.
Re: Internet Dating And It's Consequence: Teenage Guys As A Case Study by jayjagz: 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Internet Dating And It's Consequence: Teenage Guys As A Case Study by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
Vessi:
LMAO grin
It takes some guts to carry out what that guy did. Isn't he brave and confident?grin

But, he should have known he can't have you. At least he is not established.
Hahahaha. The guy has guts abeg, I have to commend that aspect of him. I think that's because he is handsome and from a rich home...so it's really boosting his morale that he can have anything/anyone.
Re: Internet Dating And It's Consequence: Teenage Guys As A Case Study by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Hahahaha. The guy has guts abeg, I have to commend that aspect of him. I think that's because he is handsome and from a rich home...so it's really boosting his morale that he can have anything/anyone.
Yeah. Confidence is really good for everyone. One has to acquire it in anyway. It helps overcome timidity, jealousy and other negative characteristics.

The people I pity are those with no confidence or anything to attract a lady. The way babe go take snub or insult them with N1500 slap ga eme ha voom n'anya. grin

He must be heartbroken to see you married. Ehya. Make em go find em mate grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Guys Should Not Settle For Less / Would You Marry You? / The Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.