Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,855 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? (2356 Views)

I Have Decided To Keep My Secondary Virginity Till Marriage / Any Lady Who Keeps Her Virginity Till Marriage Is Clearly A FOOOL / My Girlfriend Wants To Keep Her Virginity Till We Are Married: I'm A Guy, What Do U Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by latino2swt(m): 4:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
The question is

HOW SURE ARE YOU THAT SHE IS A VIRGIN?

she may turn out 2 b smthin else afta marriage.

But if u r truly sure she is one and she is ready 2 remain dat way til after weddin and u knw both of u truly love each oda, WAIT!
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
MizMyColi: Hmmmmph
That's where we're missing the point!
So those who are not virgins should keep phucking away their lives until they land Mr Right, huh?angry
I didn't say that..

So, this young girl, due to misinformation and other societal woes causes her to lose her virginity.
Somewhere along the line, she sobers up.
She genuinely decides to zip up, because she is convinced it's the right thing to do.

Now all things being equal in this case,
Any guy who still decides to coerce that girl into doing such (afterall he will marry her), having seen through her sincerity, has no love for her and is at best, what I'd describe as a master manipulator.
So the lying about her virginity is normal, and not manipulating? Whereas a guy that says "If you don't have sex with me you don't love me" is manipulating? Double standards much? cheesy

Quote me anywhere. smiley

Virgin or not, let her be the one who gives you the dance, because you requested or she to'ally felt like it.
I totally agree...
Not because you subtly threatened, coerced or manipulated her into it (Oh yeah, I'm that old fashionedgrin).
He didn't threaten, coerce or manipulate her-- she was the one deceiving him...
Give everyone grace, especially those who are trying to make something good out of the remainder of their lives.

Trying to "make something good" by lies and deception-- or as you call it "manipulation"?
I guess it's OK for women to do but not men. cheesy
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by MizMyColi(f): 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
Apatheist: I didn't say that..

So the lying about her virginity is normal, and not manipulating? Whereas a guy that says "If you don't have sex with me you don't love me" is manipulating? Double standards much? cheesy

I totally agree...
He didn't threaten, coerce or manipulate her-- she was the one deceiving him...

Trying to "make something good" by lies and deception-- or as you call it "manipulation"?
I guess it's OK for women to do but not men. cheesy

angry
Nooooo

You got me wrong there.

I didn't reply you based wholly on what you said about the girl.
Okay, let's take the babe out of this situation,
That's why I said, all things being equal, meaning no lies, no manipulation, just two flawed, yet amazing human beings, who are trying to make the most out of their livesangry
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by datguru: 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
MabraO:

Bros never believe any Virgin that tell u this
She will go meet some other guys to dis V her den den come back to u
If I tell u my story u go pity me
One even had a baby as a result of the guy disVing her she come dey preach love for me

grin grin grin
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
MizMyColi:

angry
Nooooo

You got me wrong there.

I didn't reply you based wholly on what you said about the girl.
Okay, let's take the babe out of this situation,
That's why I said, all things being equal, meaning no lies, no manipulation, just two flawed, yet amazing human beings, who are trying to make the most out of their livesangry
OK...
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by Ishilove: 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
MadCow1:

Fhuck her.. angry

Never get married to a virgin girl.. NEVER!!
Why? angry
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by MizMyColi(f): 4:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
angry
Apatheist:
OK...

Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
MizMyColi: angry
kiss
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by spanzed(m): 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
Do the ryt thing bro...an adage in yoruba said what you would eat and tyre..u shouldn't do dat in a haste..Nkan ti eyan yo je pe ko yi kanju je..
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by CallMeBIRA(f): 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
[quote author=MizMyColi]One way I'll know that a man loves me is if he respects my wishes, especially as it pertains my body.

I won't rule out the fact that there are ladies out there who have sinister motives when they say "I don't wanna get down just yet"

But there are also ladies who have very pure motives and only place an embargo on that area because of the values they've been raised with.
For some people, doing anything that upsets their core values could bring about a negative shift in their mental sanity.
It could cause undesirable effects to the relationship as a whole.

OP, I have described two scenarios above, which do you think suits her best?
From the tone of your post, I take it, it's the second one.

I know it's not easy, but please respect her wish.
Respect her wish because You love her.
Respect her wish because You have her best interest at heart.
I promise you this, you will not regret.

I have this feeling that you think she's a great blessing to you and ordinarily you wouldn't mind, save for other people's experiences & opinion.

If you still believe in honour and nobility, then you'll know that whether or not that is what she desires,
The right thing to do, if and when we can, is to abstain from sex until marriage.

I'm not saying this as an absolute, it's a case of different strokes for different folks.

We ought to have power and control over our bodies and emotions,
Not the other way round.
Let's treat our bodies and that of our partners with the respect that is due them.
No one has arrived or apprehended or has it all together on this matter,
But then.......
Where there is a will, there is a way.
smiley
[/quote/]GBAM

1 Like

Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by MadCow1: 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
Ishilove:
Why? angry

Why you dey vex?

angry
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by Eyop: 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
festusfeezy: For quite 8months now we ve been in love seriously, and I met her as a Virgin. she promised to do everything to prove her love for me, but never to loose her virginity till I do the necessary things. Pls nairalanders I need advice.

OP how do you know she's a virgin? Have you confirmed this? Sincerely i don't have a problem with a lady claiming she's a virgin and requesting i do the needful before the real show provided you love her. But even if there's no way to confirm this before going ahead with the marital rites,i will believe her word but if after doing the needful,i discover at the end she wasn't a virgin after all,she should also be warming up to return back to her father's house.

1 Like

Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by Ishilove: 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
MadCow1:

Why you dey vex?

angry
Because you too like fhuck angry
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by MadCow1: 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2014
Ishilove:
Because you too like fhuck angry

But I am a virgin.. angry

3 Likes

Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by Eyop: 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
Or Ishilove,i talk lie?
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by MizMyColi(f): 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
Eiishhhhh cheesy cheesy
I was trying to remember this adage while writing my first post on this thread
angry

spanzed: Do the ryt thing bro...an adage in yoruba said what you would eat and tyre..u shouldn't do dat in a haste..Nkan ti eyan yo je pe ko yi kanju je..
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by spanzed(m): 5:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
MizMyColi:
Eiishhhhh cheesy cheesy
I was trying to remember this adage while writing my first post on this thread
angry

lol..mayb B'cos u aren't a yoruba girl tongue
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by MizMyColi(f): 6:00pm On Sep 15, 2014

Not far from the truth.
spanzed: lol..mayb B'cos u aren't a yoruba girl tongue
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by spanzed(m): 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
MizMyColi:
Not far from the truth.
gringrin
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by Ishilove: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
MadCow1:

But I am a virgin.. angry
*chuckle*

Yeah right. And I'm Naomi Campbell in disguise cheesy
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by Ishilove: 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
Eyop: Or Ishilove,i talk lie?
Yesss. Big lie cheesy
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by Eyop: 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
Ishilove:
Yesss. Big lie cheesy
Osaaaaa for you. U just dey deceive ya sef. Me i don talk my own finish. cheesy
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by MadCow1: 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2014
MizMyColi:
Right in this case is relative.

But in his case, that'd be till she's ready.
Then they can do it anyhow, anystyle, anyweather. grin
Because, she'll be at peace with self. smiley
Usually, in that kind of dance, it takes two to lipsrsealed

I take it you already know by now that, having a fulfilling intimate moment with your partner is highly dependent on her emotional and psychological position at the time?wink

If he is questioning wether to respect her 'virginity' till marriage, it shows the Nigga is nursing a case of Acute Blue Balls.. grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by Ryabcool(m): 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
Ishilove:
Why? angry
na true he talk. Don't ask why. Just leave it like that. *drops mic and walks out*
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by MizMyColi(f): 7:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
MadCow1:

If he is questioning wether to respect her 'virginity' till marriage, it shows the Nigga is nursing a case of Acute Blue Balls.. grin

Should I cheesy or angry

I'd go with angry

From his post, seems to me they engage in pre-intimacy, now if that's the case, the "acuteness" isn't peculiar to the guy alone.
Ladies have that too, or so I've read (Can't remember the term now)
Besides, it's not dangerous to his(their) health.

OP, please pay Madcow (eiisshh, that name again) no mind......
Just keep on okay. (No Sarcasm)
smiley
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by MadCow1: 8:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
MizMyColi:

Should I cheesy or angry

I'd go with angry

From his post, seems to me they engage in pre-intimacy, now if that's the case, the "acuteness" isn't peculiar to the guy alone.
Ladies have that too, or so I've read (Can't remember the term now)
Besides, it's not dangerous to his(their) health.

OP, please pay Madcow (eiisshh, that name again) no mind......
Just keep on okay. (No Sarcasm)
smiley

Did you say 'ABB' isn't detrimental to his health? shocked

It's bad for his mental health o!

People have died from this you know.

1 Like

Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by festusfeezy(m): 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
MizMyColi: One way I'll know that a man loves me is if he respects my wishes, especially as it pertains my body.

I won't rule out the fact that there are ladies out there who have sinister motives when they say "I don't wanna get down just yet"

But there are also ladies who have very pure motives and only place an embargo on that area because of the values they've been raised with.
For some people, doing anything that upsets their core values could bring about a negative shift in their mental sanity.
It could cause undesirable effects to the relationship as a whole.

OP, I have described two scenarios above, which do you think suits her best?
From the tone of your post, I take it, it's the second one.

I know it's not easy, but please respect her wish.
Respect her wish because You love her.
Respect her wish because You have her best interest at heart.
I promise you this, you will not regret.

I have this feeling that you think she's a great blessing to you and ordinarily you wouldn't mind, save for other people's experiences & opinion.

If you still believe in honour and nobility, then you'll know that whether or not that is what she desires,
The right thing to do, if and when we can, is to abstain from sex until marriage.

I'm not saying this as an absolute, it's a case of different strokes for different folks.

We ought to have power and control over our bodies and emotions,
Not the other way round.
Let's treat our bodies and that of our partners with the respect that is due them.
No one has arrived or apprehended or has it all together on this matter,
But then.......
Where there is a will, there is a way.
smiley

Nice response, tanks dear , I take to your advice, but my fear is her loosing it to someone else, n thereby diecieving me. Any tanks

1 Like

Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by MizMyColi(f): 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
MadCow1:

Did you say 'ABB' isn't detrimental to his health? shocked

It's bad for his mental health o!

People have died from this you know.

Citing an authentic case would be in order, I think.

Or did you mean, "mental death"?
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by MenGoingThereWay: 9:10am On Sep 16, 2014
Bro thread with caution, this could be a trap some men have been deceived by this "I am a virgin" epistle.

I think if u like to have sex before marriage then fall in love or go for a girl that shares that same idea.

-MenGoingThereWay

1 Like

Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by TheMyth: 10:07am On Sep 16, 2014
Op how old are you and how long would you have to wait if you actually agreed to this If your not gonna get married within the next 5 years (too much self) I fear for your ball sac . angry
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by lasheez(m): 12:52pm On Sep 16, 2014
If you trully love and respect her,wait for her.You will cherish her more.
Re: Should I Respect Her Virginity Till I Pay For Her Bride Price? by squaddy(m): 6:06pm On Sep 16, 2014
Utter CRAP!! Phuck her men!! I can bet a hundred grand that she is not a virgin cuz I've seen this way too many times angry

Why on earth will you chose to listen a lady's advice on an issue as delicate as this?? Especially mizmycoli who is a famous NL feminist

The day you discover the ugly truth,she is going to whip up tears as fake as nicki minaj's azz and tell you that she was raped when she was still a teenage girl!!!

Don't do this to yourself man,listen to me!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari And Lara Fortez Oshiomole / A Man Who Just Got Divorced Wrote This Epic Marriage Advice. / What's Will Your Reaction Be When You See this?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.