Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death (41717 Views)

Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri / Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction / 50 Terrorists, 12 Soldiers, Policemen Feared Killed In Borno Attacks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Kirinwa: 5:43am On Sep 16, 2014
gratiaeo: I wonder what prompted them to attacked their GOC, despite the fact that they know they will be facing death penalties for Mutiny. The Nigerian Army should addressed the motive behind these soldiers action to thwart the reoccurrence of such action.
This is too bad, How many Boko Haram, that have been killing scores of people sentenced to Death? Somebody please tell them that jailing and executing demoralized soldiers is certainly not an effective way of instilling discipline in the army.

Would you rather they be dismissed.If these kind later resort to crime nah die. They will probably write letter to keep something for them.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Wisdytech(m): 5:45am On Sep 16, 2014
May God safe us! Cos our security agencies is another funny thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by ChiSun27(m): 5:46am On Sep 16, 2014
I beg ooooooo....let them temper justice with mercy for the sake of their family dependants.

I trust Nigerians....they will sure blast the Nigerian Court Authourity through the different medias especially the online provisions.

For goodness sake Nigeria is a country that has the wherewithal to take care of this soldiers who deny themselves sleeps and equally risk their lives just to protect the citizens by curtailing evil menace from Boko Haram but yet they got nothing....even though they rebeled against their commander it was done out of frustration so all Nigerians both home and abroad should rise up and plead on their behalf.

6 Likes

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by birdman(m): 5:47am On Sep 16, 2014
What are you guys whining about? Disrespecting a commanding officer is a no-no. Everyone in the armed forces knows that. It will get you court martialled. Shooting at your GOC during wartime? That is death by firing squad in all armies on this planet. It doesnt matter if you think your GOC is a corrupt buffoon. You dont go around shooting people you disagree with. How do you expect to fight boko haram with such indiscipline?

6 Likes

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by niceeric(m): 5:48am On Sep 16, 2014
Arsenalholic: They should've thought about that(emboldened) before embarking on a fool's mission.

This is the military, one organization where discipline isn't compromised. And i respect 'em for it.
Av u ever felt extreme frustration before?......squeezing an automatic rifle 's trigger just to ease d mental pain even if the nozzle is faced at a loved one is going to be an easy task with no thinking involved.....
I pray u never experience it though

1 Like

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Jalal(m): 5:48am On Sep 16, 2014
A presidential committee should be set up to look into the judgement given by the military court, meanwhile make I look for mama Mercy so she can be used to cool Justice temper grin

1 Like

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by persius555(m): 5:49am On Sep 16, 2014
The soldier's action was totally uncalled for, but the judgement should be reverse to compulsory retirement with their benefits immediately paid, in the spirit of the ongoing war against insurgency going on in the north. The judgement if carried out might affect the morals of men presently at the warfront. We underestimate the long term effect of corruption in this country. The presidency should at least be sincere enough to admit therew is corruption in the military.

4 Likes

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by jeffizy(m): 5:50am On Sep 16, 2014
While I deeply feel sad for the 12 soldiers plight, I won't fail to admit that it is a tangential judgement by the military.

There is no room for insurrection. Not an inch of space.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Caseless: 5:51am On Sep 16, 2014
Zarathena: Height of indiscpline undecided
u are not serious.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by lymelyte(m): 5:51am On Sep 16, 2014
Military? Obobs,na d highest form of con fraternity be that..
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by birdman(m): 5:51am On Sep 16, 2014
persius555: The soldier's action was totally uncalled for, but the judgement should be reverse to compulsory retirement with their benefits immediately paid, in the spirit of the ongoing war against insurgency going on in the north. The judgement if carried out might affect the morals of men presently at the warfront. We underestimate the long term effect of corruption in this country. The presidency should at least be sincere enough to admit therew is corruption in the military.

nothing gives you the right to shoot at the GOC. You don't kill anyone just because you are frustrated, wether it be mopol vs civilian, or soldier vs GOC. Stop supporting indiscipline

1 Like

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Caseless: 5:53am On Sep 16, 2014
But the DHQ denied any mutiny then. How are they being convicted for mutiny that never happened.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by maimalari: 5:54am On Sep 16, 2014
gratiaeo: Those discharged are David Robert, Mohammed Sani, Iseh Ubong, Sebastine Gwaba and Naaman Samuel.

Those who were sentenced to death are Jasper Braidolor, David Musa, Friday Onuh, Yusuf Shuaibu, Igonmu Emmanuel, Andrew Ugbede, Nurudeen Ahmed, Ifeanyi Alukagba, Alao Samuel, Amadi Chukwuma, Alan Linus, and Stephen Clement.

Ibos will always be killed in Nigeria illegally but with kangaroo legality. When do we start treating our ibo brothers like every other Nigerian.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by jeffizy(m): 5:55am On Sep 16, 2014
birdman:

nothing gives you the right to shoot at the GOC. You don't kill anyone just because you are frustrated, wether it be mopol vs civilian, or soldier vs GOC. Stop supporting indiscipline
You are correct sir. Even though it could be emotionally saddening.

1 Like

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 16, 2014
gratiaeo: Those discharged are David Robert, Mohammed Sani, Iseh Ubong, Sebastine Gwaba and Naaman Samuel.

Those who were sentenced to death are Jasper Braidolor, David Musa, Friday Onuh, Yusuf Shuaibu, Igonmu Emmanuel, Andrew Ugbede, Nurudeen Ahmed, Ifeanyi Alukagba, Alao Samuel, Amadi Chukwuma, Alan Linus, and Stephen Clement.

Happywoman:

My dear u noticed wat I noticed?

I noticed that there are no yoruba men on the list. I'm not surprised as they are naturally timid and not brave as men. Nairaland is their battlefield...they come here to simulate imaginery battle. Sissy boys!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Reference(m): 5:57am On Sep 16, 2014
Controversy: Double whala….. the GOC left unhurt,,,, yet they were convict to death. I wish they could have killed the GOC and it would server as deterrent to those oga at the top. It is easier to arrange and convict them, but it is difficult for to find lasting solutions to the reason for their agitations.
Quick judgement, bt not quick solution to the cause of the problem, nigerian military wit funny characters, u send christians to go nd die in war torn north east abi? This judgement must not be allowed to stay. It is indeed an illwind. It will blow no one no good. A word is enough for the wise.

That is your opinion. The judgement is based on military doctrine where discipline comes standard top down considering not tribe, creed, faith or background. Your attempt at viewing it thorough socio-political lenses is wrong. The military will always fight to maintain its fabric as the most effective institution in Nigeria which civilians should try and emulate.

The failings that led to this are typical when the military interfaces with the more disorganised, indiscipline, corrupt civilian political class. That's why we advocate a neutral zone between the military and civilians, an independent military drawing a front line charge from the treasury. When the likes of MKO Abiola began to sit down to meet with Gen Murtala the rest was history.

Please let us leave the military to maintain its structure. I say again they are the last hope, the last wall between you and a certain refugee status. BH has no respect for democracy.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by jeffizy(m): 5:59am On Sep 16, 2014
maimalari:

Ibos will always be killed in Nigeria illegally but with kangaroo legality. When do we start treating our ibo brothers like every other Nigerian.
Pls Maimalari, don't insert sentiments into this issue. The judgement was based on their behavior. It was not a random picking.
I believe if no crime was committed , no sentence would be delivered.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by GboyegaD(m): 6:00am On Sep 16, 2014
birdman:

Both parties are guilty of indiscipline so why make one a scape goat for the other?

2 Likes

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by RECO: 6:03am On Sep 16, 2014
12 heads for 1 person? I dey come
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Dayjhihannon01(m): 6:03am On Sep 16, 2014
Controversy: Double whala….. the GOC left unhurt,,,, yet they were convict to death. I wish they could have killed the GOC and it would server as deterrent to those oga at the top. It is easier to arrange and convict them, but it is difficult for to find lasting solutions to the reason for their agitations.
Quick judgement, bt not quick solution to the cause of the problem, nigerian military wit funny characters, u send christians to go nd die in war torn north east abi? This judgement must not be allowed to stay. It is indeed an illwind. It will blow no one no good. A word is enough for the wise.
for real sad
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by searay(m): 6:04am On Sep 16, 2014
How about the Generals that were also court marshalled?
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by jeffizy(m): 6:05am On Sep 16, 2014
new2020:

I noticed that there are no yoruba men on the list. I'm not surprised as they are timid and not brave as men. Sissy boys!
1. How early in the morning does one start thinking this way?

2. I think the 'Sissy boys' will still be alive to serve the country.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by ichidodo: 6:17am On Sep 16, 2014
If not that the presiding judge is a high ranking igbo military officer,One would imagine a conspiracy going on in the NA but anyway no Nigerian soldier has ever been executed on any grounds since the '80s so one would expect their sentences be commuted to dishonourable discharge without benefits.....

2 Likes

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by sammyzacks(m): 6:17am On Sep 16, 2014
I dont like this. Life imprisonment would be ok.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by harrysterol(m): 6:17am On Sep 16, 2014
MUTINY is a serious offence in the Nigeria army I still remember at 146batallion wer a soldier almost attempted mutiny,the punishment he got
Am nt saying the sentence was ok but in right principles of army is just to them, though I wish the temper justice with mercy
Instilling discipline in the army has always been there from time immemorial, IT IS ADVICED IF YOU WANT To Commit Mutiny in the Army make sure u succed bEcause u will hate Yourself if U don't Succeed in Sequence To the Punishment U will Receive

1 Like

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by niceeric(m): 6:21am On Sep 16, 2014
Most of you guys don't know exactly what is going one there in Maiduguri.....Let me use a short story to put u guys in d know..
About 2 weeks ago,I had a conversation with a friend of mine who had the opportunity to speak with an Army officer-a junior ranking one that served in Maiduguri a few months ago

In their conversation,the soldier told him about how most of his friends were killed in several stealth turned ambush battles against the insurgents and how he himself was lucky to be shot in d thigh and was sent to a hospital in Maiduguri for treatment...He said, he had to bribe his way to be transferred to d military hospital in Lagos when he finally got wind of the truth about wat was actually happening right there in maiduguri and how his brothers in arms were always easily killed by the insurgents.

what he actually came to know is that the some commanding officers were/are agents of the insurgents and were d ones dat gave details of their planned tactical offensives against d insurgents to thesame insurgents they were to battle and a surprise attack too many times ended in an ambush......they were always sitting ducks waiting to be hunted. This he said was the way their corrupt bosses indirectly give arms to the insurgents as they(the soldiers) either flee leaving weapons which include APCs and Tanks sometimes or are killed leaving their weapons to be easily taken by the insurgents when they walk into these fatal ambushes..

I'm not condoning what the soldiers did to the GOC but I want everyone to put himself in place of the convicted soldiers....You see the corpses of your brothers who died unnecessarily after being sold out by some of those who actually give u orders to fight and u see one of the commanding officers(he could be clean or one of those bad eggs),i doubt you'll care to investigate cos the frustration of being stuck in a place where your bosses are your enemies and not being able to leave as there is no rotation of fighters to allow u get out of dat hell before u squeeze d trigger in frustration at dat officer....

You,be d judge.....

18 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Gbolahanalonge(m): 6:21am On Sep 16, 2014
That's the only judgement you will see they won't kill for
stealing's billions.corrupt military.

1 Like

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by egbaguy: 6:22am On Sep 16, 2014
Too bad for them....i pity them. I wish their death sentence is converted to dismissal. U see the funny thing,it is we the Bloody civilian that they do treat like shhiit that are calling for their pardon.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by nijanigga: 6:22am On Sep 16, 2014
sick country with sickened people. GOC and former COA who are embezzling funds meant for the soldiers and funding boko haram are still sleeping with pot-bellies inside A/C houses. chei! dearis God oh!
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by KriTic24A: 6:23am On Sep 16, 2014
Happywoman: This is totall nonsense. And we want to win d war against terror. Kiling dem has it addressed what triggered the rebellion in d first place?
Nigeria... Is this country realy worth dying for? Smh

Good question woman.
Is this country worth dying for?
A country of thieves and rougues in high position that you want to die for yet does not know you exist?
If you want to die for Nigeria, 'Go and Die' now, it's your choice.
Why won't there be saboteurs among them when you continue to treat them with levity at the expense of their lives?

1 Like

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by IJIGGAH(m): 6:26am On Sep 16, 2014
Dayjhihannon01: Chai. Imagine the frustration nah.. The guys are not rotated, neither do you give dem enof food and allowances... sad sad The GOC come dey visit them from his safety abode, after embezzlin dia allowances uhm?.. SMH... But dey shudnt av opened fire when the knew the GOC won't be dead nah... Dey shud av targeted him on the head at more close range nah..... sad .... Who con dey say coup de atat nor still possible for naija....? Proud of you as you walk to the Gallows jere Gallant soldiers... And to GOC; 1 day for d thief and d oda for the owner o...
The military logisties and strategies is clear and simple.It states that"in a war,a commander is not allowed to stay at a war front because if he dies the battle is lost".Another state that"soldiers win war(s) bt the generals takes the GLORY".They knewn all these,why going to shooot at the man's convoy?.This is call"shots on shots"in Ice Prince voice.Two IDOMA boys in this.Any bad thing IDOMA people must sphere head it.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Chubhie: 6:28am On Sep 16, 2014
If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine~Ernesto Guevara. It may well come to a game where the less privileged will start seeking illegal ways to counter since the privileged have perfected ways of using legal means to perpetuate injustice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Niger Delta: Buhari Made Me Cry Today, Essien Attah / "Aisha Buhari, Better Return Before Someone Else Takes Over The Other Room" / 'EduGate': 8 Controversies That Led To Betta Edu’s ‘downfall’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.