Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:03 PM

12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death (41921 Views)

Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri / Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction / 50 Terrorists, 12 Soldiers, Policemen Feared Killed In Borno Attacks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Billygee2u: 9:27am On Sep 16, 2014
Honorable and Admirable President GEJ,please ,kindly interven in this case and save the soldiers lives .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by obenze: 9:28am On Sep 16, 2014
seunlayi: mutiny / rebel / disloyalty etc are never welcomed in the military in any part of the world hence the high standard military are known for worldwide. The consequence of this action is no longer new since the time of old. Therefore, the judgement is normal in the military, but i hope that the fg will display some maturity has we are all aware of the prevailing circumstances that led to that incident so that they will be pardon soon

dat was nt a coup
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Sammyblaq(m): 9:29am On Sep 16, 2014
I weep for the twelve. Mutiny is what is been termed....The GOC escaped unhurt but this gallants are been sentenced to death.
This soldiers fought hard to be recruited...fought hard to survive. Am hating dis judgement...

3 Likes

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by WINDSOW(m): 9:32am On Sep 16, 2014
S.M.H for tis country. soldiers who A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ suppose †Φ be well taken care of,fed well,armed †Φ †ђξ teeth,encouraged,enjoy almost free benefits from her Government A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ now subjected †Φ "Go n DIE".Nigerian Govt.n should take a cue from †ђξ American Govt. There army A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ well taken care of n well trained. Perhaps,they die on duty,there is a life long policy their families ll enjoy.As for ‎​♏ξ n my family,we ll not die for this country IJN.
U too can pray same for yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by obenze: 9:34am On Sep 16, 2014
[quote author=donnypool]A military court sitting in Abuja on Monday found 13 out of the 18 soldiers standing trial for mutiny and other offences guilty.

Twelve of the convicted soldiers were sentenced to death, five were discharged and acquitted while the remaining one was jailed for 28 days with hard labour.

The soldiers had on May 14, 2014 fired shots at the General Officer Commanding the newly created 7 Division of Nigerian Army, Maj. Gen. Ahmed Mohammmed, in Maiduguri.

The act is viewed in the military as mutiny.

Those discharged are David Robert, Mohammed Sani, Iseh Ubong, Sebastine Gwaba and Naaman Samuel.

Jeremiah Echocho was sentenced to 28 days with hard labour.

Those who were sentenced to death are Jasper Braidolor, David Musa, Friday Onuh, Yusuf Shuaibu, Igonmu Emmanuel, Andrew Ugbede, Nurudeen Ahmed, Ifeanyi Alukagba, Alao Samuel, Amadi Chukwuma, Alan Linus, and Stephen Clement.

They were found guilty of criminal conspiracy, mutiny, attempt to commit murder (shooting of the vehicle of the GOC); insubordination to a particular order; insubordination and false accusation.

The President of the Court Martial, Maj. Gen. C.C. Okonkwo, said the 12 soldiers were found guilty of three of the most heinous charges bars.

The legal team of the convicts pleaded with the court martial to temper justice with mercy.

The team reeled out pathetic stories about the family backgrounds of the convicted servicemen.

One was said to be the only son of his octogenarian widowed mother.

Another is the father of a five-month-old baby.

The defence team argued that giving them maximum sentence would do more harm than good, adding that it would increase the agony of their dependants.

The attack on the GOC and his men reportedly occurred when they visited the cantonment.

The Maimalari Cantonment is the headquarters of 7 Division, the newest Division of the Nigerian Army.

Military sources said that soldiers at the cantonment had been complaining of insufficient ammunition, food and allowances prior to the GOC’s visit.

They were also reportedly unhappy and their morale was at its lowest ebb because there had not been troop rotation for a long time since their deployment to combat Boko Haram terrorists in the North- East.

“The GOC’s visit coincided with the arrival of the corpses of soldiers killed in an ambush in Chibok on the night of May 13, 2014.

“The apparently agitated soldiers, on sighting the corpses of their slain colleagues became hysteric. Some opened fire on the GOC, who was lucky to have escaped unhurt. However, the bullets hit and seriously injured some of his bodyguards, who also fled to safety,” the source said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/12-soldiers-who-attacked-goc-sentenced-to-death/[/quoteit is quite a pity dat de g.o.c who was accused of gambling wth lives of some soildiers has gone free without bringing him to book instead de poor soldiers who escaped death has been sentenced to death for alleged mutiny.minimah u ar jst a stupid fellow
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by sweetgala(m): 9:34am On Sep 16, 2014
I would feel no pity for the Generals, Senior Officers and FG the day some junior officers decide to stage a coup d'etat . The same prevailing feelings even worse which instigated the 1966 saga are still very much present . Corruption, and depleting moral within the lower ranks of NA
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Sammyblaq(m): 9:35am On Sep 16, 2014
niceeric:
Av u ever felt extreme frustration before?......squeezing an automatic rifle 's trigger just to ease d mental pain even if the nozzle is faced at a loved one is going to be an easy task with no thinking involved.....
I pray u never experience it though
leave dat jigga...just talking straight. Army keeps losing men. The remaining are been sentenced. GOCs breathing. Tooo bad.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by niceeric(m): 9:40am On Sep 16, 2014
Sammyblaq:
leave dat jigga...just talking straight. Army keeps losing men. The remaining are been sentenced. GOCs breathing. Tooo bad.
just too bad bro......u get d frustration man!!....good someone here gets it!!....how r u doin bro!
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Kpac(m): 9:42am On Sep 16, 2014
I feel so sorry for these soldiers because they just couldn't, understandably, control their frustrations and anguish. They just received corpses of their former "friends" and they must have known they would soon go and face Boko Haram soonest and die the same death....Who knows if their friends also forcefully died on combat due to the same insufficient ammunition, which they are complaining bitterly about. Despite heavy and huge money embezzled by their Ogas, they probably gave them a 2 rounds each of ammunition with a 65 years old AK47 gun to go face a well equipped, well funded BOKO HARAM with ammunition rolling into millions....How wouldn't they surely die.

It pains me to my blood because despite these hardship the soldiers face, their families faces economic hardships too in the shattered slums those same Ogas provided for them, called Barracks.

These Soldiers needed to react but chooses the wrong way and now the others Ogas who are embezzling the funds alongside are shaking and fearing for their own lives too and they must have strictly wanted the Death sentence, so that, other similarly treated young soldeirs wount open fire on them.

Its really unfair but so is life too. One just needs to use one's wisdom to the highest capacity to make the right decisions cos the society and country we live has proven to be a Hell for the innocents and uprights and a heaven for the sinners and the corrupted.

I just would take some few moments to pray for these ones and wish they find favour and if not, that they rest in peace and their families find consolations.

4 Likes

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Olyboy16(m): 9:46am On Sep 16, 2014
I really pity those guys..after all they've gone through on the battle field and all the human deprivations and suffering...only to be sentenced to death by those whom the serve and are suffering to protect...
The ordinary man gets justice, while the real murderers..the politicians..get activists parading their release and pardoned for crimes that are responsible for the deaths of thousands!!
Be strong soldiers, BE STRONG!! I pray the spirits of our fathers give you strength in the face of the unecessary death...
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by dfav: 9:52am On Sep 16, 2014
i dont care watever institution u call the army...

things like these re wat lead to juniors officers overthrowing the govt. in countries like Liberia, Guinea, Mali etc...

they re human beings calling 4 a just cause....

U cant eat their allowance; delay their salaries, send them to the boko haram to be killed like bush meat; give them poor guns, their families not compensated after they die while the so called Senior officers are dinning with the politicians, looters and supporters of boko haram...etc and dont expect a revolt one day again the authorities...

I advice they better not kill those guys ooo; because there are more foot soldiers to officer; ...

am not a military personnel but jst a free thinker... killing them MAY spell doom...

1 Like

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by FullDepth1: 9:53am On Sep 16, 2014
Bring Back our girls,
Nigerian Military jet missing after mission,

#SaveTheNigerianSodiers

4 Likes

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Olyboy16(m): 9:56am On Sep 16, 2014
We all really need to start fighting for fair justice in this country...the evil politicians too need to get the same extreme justice!..

#SaveTheNigerianSoldiers
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by NosaHenry(m): 9:58am On Sep 16, 2014
They already know their fate before they on that journey of no return. There is no bloody civilian here, face your music my friends.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by deletrue: 10:00am On Sep 16, 2014
Controversy: Double whala….. the GOC left unhurt,,,, yet they were convict to death. I wish they could have killed the GOC and it would server as deterrent to those oga at the top. It is easier to arrange and convict them, but it is difficult for to find lasting solutions to the reason for their agitations.
Quick judgement, bt not quick solution to the cause of the problem, nigerian military wit funny characters, u send christians to go nd die in war torn north east abi? This judgement must not be allowed to stay. It is indeed an illwind. It will blow no one no good. A word is enough for the wise.
A very low individual and indeed, a member of apc. Am feeling the degree of pain that is passing through the entire systems of all those anti GEJ's government, especially those who pray on daily basis for the downward fall of Nigeria over this sentence. Tufiakwa.
Do you know why your likes will walk round and go to bed with frustration? God will never give you approval for your evil decisions. While I will appeal to Jona to prevail on the military authorities to look the other side of 'you do me I do you', you should know that court martial is a core and standing method of punishing soldiers who commit mutiny. No normal person will jubulate while another is slaughtered as is done by your boko haram members. I can tell you that all those young
N/L who jokingly say the army should kill all boko haram members cannot consciously say that if not because of the devilish ways of boko haram.
Standup this day, make up your mind and support real life and avoid hate brother CONTROVERSY, for, it is the single profitable ways of livelihood.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Ochoiho: 10:13am On Sep 16, 2014
Will GEJ accent to the document to kill these men considering the circumstance? I hope He consider the situation thoroughly. As for the evil/corruption among the top hierachy of the Army, every one will face Judgment one day either in this Life or the life to come.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Toktee(m): 10:14am On Sep 16, 2014
seunlayi: mutiny / rebel / disloyalty etc are never welcomed in the military in any part of the world hence the high standard military are known for worldwide. The consequence of this action is no longer new since the time of old. Therefore, the judgement is normal in the military, but i hope that the fg will display some maturity has we are all aware of the prevailing circumstances that led to that incident so that they will be pardon soon

The above mentioned offences are nt allow in the army in any part of the world as you said,but i hope rationing of bullets,embezzling the allowances of the junior staff,army aiding and abetting terrorist,top military officers feeding fat on the allowances of the junior staffs is welcomed in the nigerian army,right?
I can mention countries nt country that junior officers took to streets to protest their poor wellbeing and none of them was sentence to jail instead gvt has to relieved their ogas of their duties for failing in their duties,no army nt even the almighty black waters,US army cn survive without the juniors in their ranks,better go get ebola.

4 Likes

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by patrickrose(m): 10:17am On Sep 16, 2014
this is a typical case of from frying pan to fire.. imagine attempting to kill their Goc.. and failed becus they were poorly treated now they are sentenced to death for it. I pray they get pardoned else I wish them blissful death next.time we should learn to act after reasoning and not to reason after acting.. yes their Oga may not have been upright in his duty but they knew The law I just wish the senior officers also will be punished if they fail to fulfil their duty cause if he had doñ what he shld have done the soldiers will not have committed this mutiny. let's learn to desperate fight before quarry
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Toktee(m): 10:21am On Sep 16, 2014
deletrue: A very low individual and indeed, a member of apc. Am feeling the degree of pain that is passing through the entire systems of all those anti GEJ's government, especially those who pray on daily basis for the downward fall of Nigeria over this sentence. Tufiakwa.
Do you know why your likes will walk round and go to bed with frustration? God will never give you approval for your evil decisions. While I will appeal to Jona to prevail on the military authorities to look the other side of 'you do me I do you', you should know that court martial is a core and standing method of punishing soldiers who commit mutiny. No normal person will jubulate while another is slaughtered as is done by your boko haram members. I can tell you that all those young
N/L who jokingly say the army should kill all boko haram members cannot consciously say that if not because of the devilish ways of boko haram.
Standup this day, make up your mind and support real life and avoid hate brother CONTROVERSY, for, it is the single profitable ways of livelihood.
okonkwo,what are you saying for christ sake,how on earth your rant here has to do with the post you quote above,he said a different thng,u said a different thng,if you really wnt to quote better rephrase and post again.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by donodion(m): 10:24am On Sep 16, 2014
Controversy: Double whala….. the GOC left unhurt,,,, yet they were convict to death. I wish they could have killed the GOC and it would server as deterrent to those oga at the top. It is easier to arrange and convict them, but it is difficult for to find lasting solutions to the reason for their agitations.
Quick judgement, bt not quick solution to the cause of the problem, nigerian military wit funny characters, u send christians to go nd die in war torn north east abi? This judgement must not be allowed to stay. It is indeed an illwind. It will blow no one no good. A word is enough for the wise.

You are a considerate human.Fvck rules...other soldiers should also go on AWOL.
let those fat bastards MAJORS AND D REST in khakhi go do the fighting.Rubbish.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by nke001: 10:36am On Sep 16, 2014
Now they, the NA heads see themselves as demi-gods. Convicting the men they sent to war front with 18th century weapons while they are in their officers cutting corners.
It will be better for that soldier not to be born than to pick up that machine gun to shot down a fellow for standing up for their right.

I will support these kangaroo sentences iff those GOCs move to the front line and eliminate these BH.

angry angry angry

#LeaseOurGallantSoldiers

PLEASE FELLOW NIGERIANS LET US JOIN HANDS AND SAVE THESE GALLANT MEN WHO HAS PUT THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE JUST TO MAKE OUR NATION SAVE FOR WE ALL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by vega84(m): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2014
Ehya who knws the truth. #vegayarn#
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Sammyblaq(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2014
niceeric:
just too bad bro......u get d frustration man!!....good someone here gets it!!....how r u doin bro!
i weep for the soldiers...am ok brotherly.
Hope u'on counting down¿
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by MOORCHMOORE(m): 10:42am On Sep 16, 2014
gratiaeo: I wonder what prompted them to attacked their GOC, despite the fact that they know they will be facing death penalties for Mutiny.
Foolish comment here, U heard their plight. My annoyance is y did dey mis de targets
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by niceeric(m): 10:42am On Sep 16, 2014
Sammyblaq:
i weep for the soldiers...am ok brotherly.
Hope u'on counting down¿

Yea sure bro!!!....im counting down in real time thanks to sodiqyinka !
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Sammyblaq(m): 10:44am On Sep 16, 2014
niceeric:

Yea sure bro!!!....im counting down in real time thanks to sodiqyinka !
i hail u...we are covered.

1 Like

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Dibiachukwu: 10:45am On Sep 16, 2014
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by mightycrown1(m): 11:07am On Sep 16, 2014
politics in action. it takes inner eye to see it.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by okeyfx(m): 11:19am On Sep 16, 2014
I Have lost all words to comment!!!?

I Think i will just let Mi-Ashes song do the talking!!

(Singing Along) when we are All Ashes.........
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by YEMOYEMI: 11:19am On Sep 16, 2014
I read the verdict and tears came out of my eyes. There is law against mutiny and as they said the reward is death. The GOC was fired at because of fraustration and percieved embezzlement by the GOC. Nigerian law is very vocal on mutiny but silent on corruption/embezzlement. It then means mutiny is for the poor and less privileged in the society while corruption/embezzlement is for the elites.

Nigerians can stand up for these faithful and fearless soldiers in this most terrible period of their being. Better for them to die in the hands of the eneny than their own people.

1 Like

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Kash007(m): 11:21am On Sep 16, 2014
Tragic. We have now gotten to a situation where if BH doesnt kill our soldiers, Nigeria will kill them herself for daring complain about being sent on suicide missions while the top brass loots defense funds with reckless abandon.

1 Like

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Kash007(m): 11:24am On Sep 16, 2014
Dibiachukwu: 12 people shoot at one man and miss cheesy This one pass rambo.
I wondered the exact same thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will / Boko Haram Kingpin, John Trankil, Arrested In Maiduguri - Sahara Reporters / Kaduna COVID-19 Palliative Warehouse Invaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.