Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death (41720 Views)

Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri / Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction / 50 Terrorists, 12 Soldiers, Policemen Feared Killed In Borno Attacks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 16, 2014
faustration don kill some soldiers
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Dayjhihannon01(m): 6:34am On Sep 16, 2014
IJIGGAH: The military logisties and strategies is clear and simple.It states that"in a war,a commander is not allowed to stay at a war front because if he dies the battle is lost".Another state that"soldiers win war(s) bt the generals takes the GLORY".They knewn all these,why going to shooot at the man's convoy?.This is call"shots on shots"in Ice Prince voice.Two IDOMA boys in this.Any bad thing IDOMA people must sphere head it.

Yes they knew the rule I think... But you must remembers what's frustrating them; hugging death in the battle field on empty stomachs, while they knew who is siphoning their $.. Abi nor be d same rule create allowances and rotation or whatever for dem? Where are the others that should be rotated or shifted as per duty roaster basis? Maybe somewhere save cus they are more influential than the un-rotated onez ........ Remember these are humans also.. Meanwhile we shud remember not all dis ppl really wanna becom a soldier in d first place, bt are dia because of unemployment...
Well... God Bless Nigeria
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Apitch(m): 6:37am On Sep 16, 2014
Have any of U stopped to think that if 12 trained solders fired at the man who ran to safety, that he will survive? Nobody died?
My thought is that those MEN got angry and released some shots and maybe when the GOC ran away, they decided to mess his car up
For some of us making noise here, read the story again and put urself in their shoes, it's like sending them to their death knowningly. Low ammunitions to fight heavily loaded BH boys and they already know the outcome and U step in right when the corpse of their brothers where returned, I will do same and wait for my death
(I called them MEN cause they are the only people that deserve that title)
If they go, they should know that they will always live on in the hearts of people like me

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by synergycom19: 6:38am On Sep 16, 2014
What about those leaking intelligence to BH from within the military establishments?
What the action of that very GOC we gave an order that led to their ambushment by BH and deaths including a Lt colonel?
What happen to the indicted Maj General culpable in the bombing of Jaji Military cantoments?
Who defended the convicted men?
How comes the GOC is a Muslim and majority of the soldiers convicted and even the dead ones in that ambush are christains, did he deliberately sent christain soilders to die?
Another major general passed the judgement
I BLAME THE SOLDIERS FOR NOT COURAGEOUS ENOUGH TO FINISH THE JOB, THE PUNISHMENT COULD STILL BE THE SAME

5 Likes

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 16, 2014
After using Boko Haram to kill the soldiers, they are now
using the judge to execute them. No reasonable judge will
sentence those soldiers to death. This is the worse
government we ever had in Nigeria as a country

1 Like

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by kilokeys(m): 6:43am On Sep 16, 2014
what a world.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Bamss1: 6:46am On Sep 16, 2014
Am very sure non of them will b executed..
How will they just execute twelve soldiers like dat
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Dayjhihannon01(m): 6:48am On Sep 16, 2014
Apitch: Have any of U stopped to think that if 12 trained solders fired at the man who ran to safety, that he will survive? Nobody died?
My thought is that those MEN got angry and released some shots and maybe when the GOC ran away, they decided to mess his car up
For some of us making noise here, read the story again and put urself in their shoes, it's like sending them to their death knowningly. Low ammunitions to fight heavily loaded BH boys and they already know the outcome and U step in right when the corpse of their brothers where returned, I will do same and wait for my death
(I called them MEN cause they are the only people that deserve that title)
If they go, they should know that they will always live on in the hearts of people like me
you av a cleared vision my bro... COG arrived in coincidence with their dead brodas.... Ahhhhhhhh.. #In dia head.'''Before nonchalant/wickedness attitude of dis power drunken-ed ppl kill us, make we make our idea known right away.""".....
This is happening everywia in nigeria's sectors, followers suffering in silence bcus of nonchalance attitudes of d bosses....
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 16, 2014
Firstly, it was wrong to open fire on any Nigerian not to talk of your superior unless when your life was threatened. Personally, I don't approve of rebellion in the military. That said and considering the circumstance, I am appealing to the C-in-C to commute their death sentence to dismissal without benefit.
For the sake of tampering justice with mercy.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by skyface00(m): 6:49am On Sep 16, 2014
So gloomy, what do they expect from those gallant men when u denied them of food, money, even good weapons 2 fight with, every army hate 2 be denied of rotational duty post, they r also human being, in a country where u know if u dont fight 4 ur money when u r in d service u will dead on the street of abuja protecting for ur pension, we are in trouble in this country oooo, dis is why most of them are so aggresive in dealing with civilanz

2 Likes

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by BlackTechnology: 6:54am On Sep 16, 2014
The judgement for their insurrection and rebellion is in order especially if you want to prevent a total collapse of the military structure

But not investigating neglect and sabotage by superior officers will see massive desertion and cowardice especially when this news filter to the rest.

The truth is that, if these guys are executed and no higher officer was made to suffer for their neglect, Nigerian military will experience an unprecedented desertion and cowardice in few months to come.

SiriusBlack and Nigerians:

Remember I said on Sirius thread that Minimah stoppage of Sirius postings to boast morale will see massive desertion before the year ends. This projection has come to past.

Now I am making another projection

If these guys are executed and no superior officer is punished and the soldiers are continually denied their need, three things will occur in few months to come

1) Massive desertions by Southern/MB soldiers
2) Unprecedented Cowardice by Southern/MB soldiers
3) Attempted coup by Far North soldiers (some who now believe that GEJ Ihejirika and Southern elites are BH supporters)as they see their homeland fall to BH.

The third projection is what will finally breakup Nigeria.

If Nigeria is to remain one nation, free those guys since we know that all senior officers have being exonerated and if those guys are to be executed, sack some senior officers and make it known to every Nigerian.

Failure to do this,

Will see one of the major untold reason why Nzeogwu plotted a coup in 1966 after the Sarduna court marshalling of some officers who refused killing Tivs during the 1964 Tiv riots.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Kingharzyz(m): 6:54am On Sep 16, 2014
[quote author=Controversy]Double whala….. the GOC left unhurt,,,, yet they were convict to death. I wish they could have killed the GOC and it would server as deterrent to those oga at the top. It is easier to arrange and convict them, but it is difficult for to find lasting solutions to the reason for their agitations.
Quick judgement, bt not quick solution to the cause of the problem, nigerian military wit funny characters, u send christians to go nd die in war torn north east abi? This judgement must not be allowed to stay. It is indeed an illwind. It will blow no one no good. A word is enough for the wise.[/q

must you relate religion with everything ....SMH
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by kilokeys(m): 7:00am On Sep 16, 2014
reading abt the french mutinies in the first world war..

all mutinies seem to have something in common.

no leave

haughtiness of COs

poor food

lack of weapons

.. the French were wise.. out of 35,000 soldier involved

3,000 were given punishments.. only 57 were executed.

execution of soldiers involved in mutinies agitates more soldiers..
a top General overseeing the matter ordered that leave was to be granted when time came for a soldier to be given it at the end of four months – many commanders had been guilty of ignoring this.
He also did what he could to improve the quality of food that the soldiers got.

He was quoted,
“We must prevent the prolongation of disorders by modifying the environment in which these malevolent germs found a favourable terrain. I shall maintain this repression with firmness, but without forgetting that it is being applied to soldiers who for three years now have been with us in the trenches and who are “our” soldiers.”

three weeks after
A secret report for the Grand Quartier Général by the Special Service Bureau stated, “the sense of discipline is returning. The average opinion among the troops is that at the point we have reached it would be absurd to give up. But the officers must not treat their men with haughtiness.”

so i hope our military learns from this.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by kraftykc(m): 7:00am On Sep 16, 2014
Zarathena: Height of indiscpline undecided

Where is the height of wickedness then
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by kraftykc(m): 7:06am On Sep 16, 2014
BlackTechnology: The judgement for their insurrection and rebellion is in order especially if you want to prevent a total collapse of the military structure

But not investigating neglect and sabotage by superior officers will see massive desertion and cowardice especially when this news filter to the rest.

The truth is that, if these guys are executed and no higher officer was made to suffer for their neglect, Nigerian military will experience an unprecedented desertion and cowardice in few months to come.

SiriusBlack and Nigerians:

Remember I said on Sirius thread that Minimah stoppage of Sirius postings to boast morale will see massive desertion before the year ends. This projection has come to past.

Now I am making another projection

If these guys are executed and no superior officer is punished and the soldiers are continually denied their need, three things will occur in few months to come

1) Massive desertions by Southern/MB soldiers
2) Unprecedented Cowardice by Southern/MB soldiers
3) Attempted coup by Far North soldiers (some who now believe that GEJ Ihejirika and Southern elites are BH supporters)as they see their homeland fall to BH.

The third projection is what will finally breakup Nigeria.

If Nigeria is to remain one nation, free those guys since we know that all senior officers have being exonerated and if those guys are to be executed, sack some senior officers and make it known to every Nigerian.

Failure to do this,

Will see one of the major untold reason why Nzeogwu plotted a coup in 1966 after the Sarduna court marshalling of some officers who refused killing Tivs during the 1964 Tiv riots.

Nothing of this sort will happen. And I think you are letting myopic tribal assessments lead your thinking, the north does not have the monopoly on aggression, nor the south on cowardice, which is what people are perpetually saying.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by omenka(m): 7:06am On Sep 16, 2014
Mettal: Where in the world do you teach soldiers lesson by being lenient,huh?
Well, you got a good point. But I think a death sentence is somewhat too harsh.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 16, 2014
Controversy: Double whala….. the GOC left unhurt,,,, yet they were convict to death. I wish they could have killed the GOC and it would server as deterrent to those oga at the top. It is easier to arrange and convict them, but it is difficult for to find lasting solutions to the reason for their agitations.
Quick judgement, bt not quick solution to the cause of the problem, nigerian military wit funny characters, u send christians to go nd die in war torn north east abi? This judgement must not be allowed to stay. It is indeed an illwind. It will blow no one no good. A word is enough for the wise.

Shut up !!!!!!!! Why bring religious sentiments in this, fools like you should also realize that its not only xtians that are fighting in the north east but Muslims also btw there was no noise from you when mostly Muslim northern soldiers are being killed in the Niger delta by militants........ People should learn to take responsibility for their actions those soldiers knew the consequences of their actions.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by skullz: 7:09am On Sep 16, 2014
No comfort in the military, the moment you signup your head is on a chopping block.
Everyday you survive is a bonus.

Even in the worst conditions discipline must NEVER be compromised.

1 Like

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by synergycom19: 7:14am On Sep 16, 2014
Mr Donald Rumsfied( US SEC OF DEFENSE) 2001 to 2004,Visited the Marines in Afghanistan, some serious quetions were put to him about the safety of there HMVS vehicles against attacks from roadside IED's( improvised explosive device),that they had to use metal plate for the windows. This generated tensions and adjudged to be an altitude like a treason, and it has never happen before.
Now soilders are not suppose to behave that way, BUT THE GOVERNMENT HAS IT OWN ROLE TO PLAY TO MAKE THAT BEHAVIOUR IMPOSSIBLE BY ABIDING TO THERE OWN TERMS, HENCE IT'S A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT/ENGAGEMENT,both parties have roles/responsibilities.
What happens if the bigger party fails to carry out it part of the bargain?DO YOU EXPECT THE MINOR PARTY TO BEHAVE SANELY/RATIONALLY?
Who and when were the SOLDIERS visited last?
Who suppose to boast there moral?
Why did their wives/children protested?

4 Likes

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 16, 2014
and what is the sentence for the Generals that betray the followers. I expect a serious revolt from all rank and files in the armed forces. They could be in this situation tomorrow. The mutiny law should exclude people fighting for a change. All junior ranks should revolt and everybody sentenced to death and I expect a serious tweet to begin #Freemutinysoldiers #killcorruptgenerals

2 Likes

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by tunde1200(m): 7:22am On Sep 16, 2014
Cool advise but you have said it all!.

Dayjhihannon01: Chai. Imagine the frustration nah.. The guys are not rotated, neither do you give dem enof food and allowances... sad sad The GOC come dey visit them from his safety abode, after embezzlin dia allowances uhm?.. SMH... But dey shudnt av opened fire when the knew the GOC won't be dead nah... Dey shud av targeted him on the head at more close range nah..... sad .... Who con dey say coup de atat nor still possible for naija....? Proud of you as you walk to the Gallows jere Gallant soldiers... And to GOC; 1 day for d thief and d oda for the owner o...

MODIFIED/ADDED
Yes they knew the rule I think... But you must remembers what's frustrating them; hugging death in the battle field on empty stomachs, while they knew who is siphoning their $.. Abi nor be d same rule create allowances and rotation or whatever for dem? Where are the others that should be rotated or shifted as per duty roaster basis? Maybe somewhere save cus they are more influential than the un-rotated onez ........ Remember these are humans also.. Meanwhile we shud remember not all dis ppl really wanna becom a soldier in d first place, bt are dia because of unemployment...
Well... God Bless Nigeria
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by BlackTechnology: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2014
kraftykc:

Nothing of this sort will happen. And I think you are letting myopic tribal assessments lead your thinking, the north does not have the monopoly on aggression, nor the south on cowardice, which is what people are perpetually saying.

If you know Nigerian history beyond what your textbook wrote, you won't make this comment

1 Like

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by asadike(f): 7:26am On Sep 16, 2014
make them no try am o. Honestly,i pity d junior officers of our uniformed men. A good portion of their salary and allowances was cut off nd nw u want to kil them on top. Better divide dis country than try such.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:31am On Sep 16, 2014
you all should realise that things don't work the same way in the military as in the civilian circle. the wages of mutiny is death, and it is the same in most countries. its to instill discipline in the military.
personally, I think the soldiers bleeped up. why shoot his car when they should have waited till the man was out?
anyways, the president should tamper justice with mercy because he has the last say in their case, and killing them would dampen the already low morale of our troops
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by stanleyfisher(m): 7:33am On Sep 16, 2014
The law must take it cause...those who are guilty must not go unpunished.this would serve as detterant to others who would want to do so again...every bad eggs must be flushed duly without sentiment..and if the Goc too is found guilty of any crime too,let the same judgement befall him ortherwise the wrath of God would descend on those at the top who disseminates unlawful judgments. Have a nice day all

Fisher..
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Obinoscopy(m): 7:38am On Sep 16, 2014
The Judge had no option than to sentence them to death. This is a military trial.

However, I pray Jonathan commutes their death sentence to 5/10 years imprisonment.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 16, 2014
Controversy: Double whala….. the GOC left unhurt,,,, yet they were convict to death. I wish they could have killed the GOC and it would server as deterrent to those oga at the top. It is easier to arrange and convict them, but it is difficult for to find lasting solutions to the reason for their agitations.
Quick judgement, bt not quick solution to the cause of the problem, nigerian military wit funny characters, u send christians to go nd die in war torn north east abi? This judgement must not be allowed to stay. It is indeed an illwind. It will blow no one no good. A word is enough for the wise.
I respect every bit of your statement except where you mentioned ''christian'' .......If Bokoharam should gained Political Power in Nigeria , Both Christians, Muslims(those against their ideology) and traditional worshippers will die .....

Christains must also fight alongside Other Nigerians to defeat insecurity ......

As for the Death Convicted Soldiers , They are the Men of God, They are the Hero,they are winners, They are the Soldiers and They died for Strength in Protecting the welfare of other soldiers that shall defeat Bokoharam !

Those Generals aint nothing but bunch of as:sholes, now they have to kill few good men to stop choping the boys money .......

The Generals gave a Good Judgement though to counter consequences of such in Nigerian Security System..... They did Good Judgement !!

These Good soldiers already died when the corpse of their colleagues were brought into the cantonment , they only Opened fire @ the GOC, not to kill him, but to show him they died too and He (GOC) doesn't worth living too !!

Adieu Soldiers !!

1 Like

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by anonimi: 7:42am On Sep 16, 2014
This is so UNJUST at different levels.
How do we, vulnerable CITIZENS, expect these DEPRIVED soldiers who have NO rights whatsoever to defend OUR nation's territorial integrity

Wahala dey oh sad
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by lastmessenger: 7:43am On Sep 16, 2014
They want to kill the christain soldiers for what the Muslim GOC is responsible for.i wonder why they did not send their Muslim soldiers to fight the monster they created.

1 Like

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Mettal: 7:43am On Sep 16, 2014
omenka: Well, you got a good point. But I think a death sentence is somewhat too harsh.
somewhat too harsh for a soldier who dinea with death all the time.grin
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Mettal: 7:43am On Sep 16, 2014
omenka: Well, you got a good point. But I think a death sentence is somewhat too harsh.
somewhat too harsh for a soldier who dines with death all the time.grin
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 16, 2014
That's their wages for being stupid.
There are other means of getting rid of your GOC without being caught. Why must they do it on duty for God's sake?
Next in line are the men who instructed an Okada man to sleep with a lady in public just because she wore indecent dress! Consequently, the lady committed suicide. Most of these men are animals in Camouflage!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To The Fight By Lawmakers At The NASS (see Tweets) / Fulani Herdsmen Raping, Killing Our People – Enugu Women / Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.