Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 (30513 Views)

He Doesn't Want To Attend His Convocation Ceremony Because He Had A 2.2 (Pic) / Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 / WAEC EXPO/RUNZ 2020 | NECO EXPO/RUNS: CALL 08138222229 NOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by persius555(m): 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
Op, if u see your future tied to your destiny, you can do extra year. If you can see you have are full of ambitons, then like they say, there is no time.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by handie(m): 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
ceejayluv: considering your age and the confidence you have in making the 2.1, I would suggest you give it a shot. I assume you've done some simulation to know your possible gpa outcomes if you get different grades in the various courses you're to resit for..
PS: What's all that crap about meeting the next batch? Impossible . I assume you're in Uniben (conclusion mine).
bros how u take know?
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by themmydhayhor(m): 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
handie: I'm a final year student and honestly, my GP ain't as good as I wish. I'm contemplating dropping some courses and rewriting them next session to boost my GP. please can I resit those exams and still go for NYSC that same year? I talked to my course adviser about it and he said i'll be able to go with the next available batch once my result is out. pls is this possible? what is your advice to me? N.B: I'm 20 years old

gringringrin

After waiting 4 anoda year.....u start looking 4 job with ur certificate abi

Na 9ja u dey oooooooo wey person wey get pass dey employ 1st class graduate

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by fakulty(m): 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
OP, do not waste your time adding an extra year. I don't think spending an extra year will change anything on your GP.
Such amendments are best made at the early part of your program, say between 200L and final year. That is the best time to build your GP.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by MrHighSea: 3:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
Op i call u CHAIRMAN. Y? Only big minds think wat ur thinkin. BONE EXTRA YEAR. FORWARD EVA, BKWRD NVA. Just mek sure ur CGPA is at least 3.0 (60%) n M.Sc., M.Eng. n 'MMM' lol is for sure even in foreign unis.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
from ur story is like you are in Uniben. I graduated from Uniben too. My advice is take d extra year if you are sure of making 2.1. One year is notin in d labour market. Please take d extra year and make ur 2.1.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by EmoBoy(m): 3:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
Don't waste your precious time in a nigerian university. Its not worth it

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by tonilogbo(m): 3:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
handie: I'm a final year student and honestly, my GP ain't as good as I wish. I'm contemplating dropping some courses and rewriting them next session to boost my GP. please can I resit those exams and still go for NYSC that same year? I talked to my course adviser about it and he said i'll be able to go with the next available batch once my result is out. pls is this possible? what is your advice to me? N.B: I'm 20 years old

Let me remind you that 2.1 may be a good grade but cannot always get you a highly pay job and also neither 2.2 cannot get you a low pay job...You're what u can do with your qualification...not the grade u have got while in school...Let me also remind you that Prof. Wole Soyinka has "pass" grade during his B.sc program...He is well known throughout the whole world...I think its nt advisable to drop some courses just because u want 2.1. #MyOpinion. With your grade can employ first class.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
if you are sure of making 2.1 take d extra year. one year is notin. Please even if you are a hustler and business man. I will still advice you take d extra year for 2.1. One year is very short. For ur final yeat to be 40 percent in Uniben it means ur course is four years. That same course it is five years in school like FUTO, FUTMINNA, FUTA etc. Please I beg you take d extra year and work hard and make ur 2.1. If u don't., u will regret missing d opportunity. please I repeat one year is notin. Some people spent many years in school all because of strike. but in your case it is for greater good. Please take d extra year .
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by ocheejemb: 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2014

If you are sure you will get the 2.1 then go for it. Don't think about tommorow, think about 10 years from now.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
tonilogbo:

Let me remind you that 2.1 may be a good grade but cannot always get you a highly pay job and also neither 2.2 cannot get you a low pay job...You're what u can do with your qualification...not the grade u have got while in school...Let me also remind you that Prof. Wole Soyinka has "passed" grade during his B.sc program...He is well known throughout the whole world...I think its nt advisable to drop just because u want 2.1. #MyOpinion.
please stop this fake rumour. Wole soyinka made a 2.1. I graduated in 2006. That was what we use to hear from motivational speakers until wole soyinka himself told d whole world that he made a 2.1. In life you have to increase ur probability of success. where you see ten 2.2 graduate with good job there are over one hundred 2.1 graduate with similar and better job. so don't b deceive with d one or two lucky 2.2 graduate. d world is very competitive. My younger broda graduated with 2.2. I have d money to sponsor him for Msc in Canada. No school accepted 2.2 for msc in canada. I tried over 50 schools we could not see any that accepted 2.2 for msc. I knoe you will say UK accept 2.2. Yes UK accept. But once you finish you are back to naija to d tough labor market. but in canada you are sure of 3 years stay to hustle and get a job. www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/i-made-second-class-upper-soyinka/

7 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Ashyrule: 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
wat is d guarantee dat he no go still tey for ground searching for work grin oga! movement, don't dull

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
What's your course of study? Is it a professional course or an academic/management course? If it's not a professional course, I don't think having the extra year worth it. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Many well paid jobs in Nigeria these days are tied to 'whom you know' and not your grade.

Mind you, don't forget yφυ'll have a 'SPILL' column filled in your academic transcript if processed. Working under sb will definitely not make you' RICH, yφυ can only be OK'.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by tonilogbo(m): 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
atbu1983: please stop this fake rumour. Wole soyinka made a 2.1. I graduated in 2006. That was what we use to hear from motivational speakers until wole soyinka himself told d whole world that he made a 2.1. In life you have to increase ur probability of success. where you see ten 2.2 graduate with good job there are over one hundred 2.1 graduate with similar and better job. so don't b deceive with d one or two lucky 2.2 graduate. d world is very competitive. My younger broda graduated with 2.2. I have d money to sponsor him for Msc in Canada. No school accepted 2.2 for msc in canada. I tried over 50 schools we could not see any that accepted 2.2 for msc. I knoe you will say UK accept 2.2. Yes UK accept. But once you finish you are back to naija to d tough labor market. but in canada you are sure of 3 years stay to hustle and get a job.

Source please...
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by engrjoe(m): 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
handie: thanks bro. I really wanna do post graduate degree but I gat get beta undergraduate result to encourage popsy to send me to a good school for it and the chance of a 2.1 if I stay an extra semester is like 99%. But is it really possible that I can go for Nysc with ny classmates going for d next batch of service?

Whts d rush abt Dis NYSC? Must it be dat ur friends batch?
No big deal abt service bro... If it were posible for u to get NYSC certificate witout serving i would advice u go for it. D best advice has been given on dis topic which is since u are 99% sure of 2.1, go for it.
NB: all these nt friend my friend now may nt be after school as u must HV been thinking ...... Esp after service (favour market time)
Wish u all the best..
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Capableben(m): 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
what did u study
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by mya1: 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
tonilogbo:

Let me remind you that 2.1 may be a good grade but cannot always get you a highly pay job and also neither 2.2 cannot get you a low pay job...You're what u can do with your qualification...not the grade u have got while in school...Let me also remind you that Prof. Wole Soyinka has "pass" grade during his B.sc program...He is well known throughout the whole world...I think its nt advisable to drop some courses just because u want 2.1. #MyOpinion. With your grade can employ first class.

Some people and their penchant for peddling false information! Soyinka has debunked this claim several times, yet you're still spreading it, to make matters worse you even said a pass.. Lol. The man finished with a 2-1.

Op, just like many have said, if you have a good chance of graduating with a better grade please grab it!
Ignore those telling you it doesn't matter, it does! The market is very competitive, so arm yourself with EVERYTHING that would give you an edge.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by 7footre(m): 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
opeyemmmy:

And what happens if he stays the extra and comes out with 2:1? OP said he has a good chance (99%) of making 2:1 if he stays a semester.
If he thinks he's got 99% then why not? But I'm wondering how he didn't get the 2.1 during his time but now has a 99% chance of doing so with an extra semester..... well good luck in which ever you choose @op

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by engrjoe(m): 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
atbu1983: please stop this fake rumour. Wole soyinka made a 2.1. I graduated in 2006. That was what we use to hear from motivational speakers until wole soyinka himself told d whole world that he made a 2.1. In life you have to increase ur probability of success. where you see ten 2.2 graduate with good job there are over one hundred 2.1 graduate with similar and better job. so don't b deceive with d one or two lucky 2.2 graduate. d world is very competitive. My younger broda graduated with 2.2. I have d money to sponsor him for Msc in Canada. No school accepted 2.2 for msc in canada. I tried over 50 schools we could not see any that accepted 2.2 for msc. I knoe you will say UK accept 2.2. Yes UK accept. But once you finish you are back to naija to d tough labor market. but in canada you are sure of 3 years stay to hustle and get a job. www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/i-made-second-class-upper-soyinka/

God bless u wit d SAUCE (source) it was very delicious.

There is hope for every man irrespective ur qualification or grade bt its best to strive for d best...because it gives room for more career opportunity.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Juzzybabe(f): 4:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
Don't stay back o,move on with what you have. Speaking from experience,wont say more.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by DobleO7: 4:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
My friend! my candid advice is that you should forget about N.Y.S.C for now. You can spend one more year and be happy you made the right decision.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Bellfun(m): 4:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
Pls don't go back!..ext is a big big distraction!...and if care is not taking u may end up having a lesser GP...walk away and focus ur energy on getting an M.Sc or other relevant certification..2:2 is not d end of ur life!

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by timifakay(m): 4:26pm On Sep 17, 2014

Wgat courses will you replace the ones you want to drop with in ordee to meet minimum units per semester requirement?
Wgat courses will you add next session to meet the sane requirement?
Abi una no dey get minimum units per semester?
So you should know all these before deciding to spend another 365 + X days if you are in a public school.
You can't go for NYSC with your mates.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Munalove(m): 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
Oh i love singing this song.TIME FLY ooo kip wasting ur time lalala u can neva meet the time when its gone ooo

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Munalove(m): 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
Oh i love singing this song"TIME FLY WHEN U DONT CATCH UP WITH TIME U MISS IT 4EVA LALALA how many of u knw dat song
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by chudi82(m): 4:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
Na wa o.Second class lower grade na una dey mumu una self like this say na bad result.Guy move on with ur life o.The labour market is getting more and more interesting every year.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by rodney007: 4:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
You must be highly dependent on nigeria and what it has to offer,my bros pls don't ,I'll advice u to grad wiv ur 2.2,write more professional exams,do ur masters,befre u know it,ur cv wld be bigger than those wiv a 2.1 because they depend highly on their grade to get a job,also,getting a job and being a salary earner is not the ultimate because,if anytin goes wrong and u loose,u wld start frm square 1 to start life,if I were u,I wld look for something to do rather than depend on peanuts that companies wld offer........pls ma bro don't make that mistake......thank you.....rod say so

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by engrsyer(m): 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
handie: thanks bro. I really wanna do post graduate degree but I gat get beta undergraduate result to encourage popsy to send me to a good school for it and the chance of a 2.1 if I stay an extra semester is like 99%. But is it really possible that I can go for Nysc with ny classmates going for d next batch of service?
yes if ur sch will open for a new session latest early part of October den u can meet up batch C dat wil b coming up by Nov. next year. Cheers bro!
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by dammytosh: 5:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
if possible, stay 2 years and make a 2-1.

My penny.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by ndidibabe(f): 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
[quote author=7footre]And what happens if you stay the extra send and still come out with 22?[/quot]Stop being pessimistic. He will make it IJN.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by ndidibabe(f): 5:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
Please stay if it is certain that you will make a 2.1. Do not bother yourself about when you will be mobilized for NYSC. Really, what is worth doing is what doing well. Well done for thinking right at a young age. If you eventually finish with a 2.1, through with NYSC at age 24 and willing to work in a Bank, please send a mail to me at simplysimisola@yahoo.com.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Airforce Men Invade UNIOSUN Ipetu Ijesha Campus, Injure Students / Desen Mbachaga: FUOYE Suspends Lecturer Over Sexual Harassment - Picture / Folasade Ogunsola Emerges UNILAG's First Female VC (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.