Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 (30495 Views)

He Doesn't Want To Attend His Convocation Ceremony Because He Had A 2.2 (Pic) / Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 / WAEC EXPO/RUNZ 2020 | NECO EXPO/RUNS: CALL 08138222229 NOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by pweetiedee(m): 9:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
hehehehe. lol. i'm very sure no EKSU ENGLISH DEPARTMENT student will think twice abt dis. if dem give u 2:2, u go run go give testimony for church ni. ITS UR CHOICE
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by FenonetConsults: 11:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
Talk to God and discuss it with your pastor or alfa
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by jaydee87(m): 9:41am On Sep 19, 2014
opeyemmmy:

Missy, I'm sure you can read very well. OP isn't going back to start all over, he is staying back for a semester.

Are you one of his mates that didn't go to school? Is there a time limit for one to start and run a business? And btw, can't one achieve in life without running a business? Una go come here dey shout good business like say na beans. angry
@Missy I sight u very well and i believe everything u said cos u speak right. I tink waiting an extra semester dint guarantee u a 2.1 cos I tried it and it dint work for but that doesn't mean it won't for you first what's your g.p @ present is it 3.0 if it is den u cant get 2.1 but if na 3.3 u fit still manage get 3.5 but my broda e no easy. 2.2, 2.1 no determine your success. u can Neva be more than wat u are.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by handie(m): 10:56am On Sep 19, 2014
Yustash001: 20 years old!!!....mogbe...wey me don reach 20 and i neva gain admission....age is just a number sha.....na achievements mata
Baba na patience be the koko. your admission is this year by God's grace/Insha Allah
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by handie(m): 10:56am On Sep 19, 2014
Yustash001: 20 years old!!!....mogbe...wey me don reach 20 and i neva gain admission....age is just a number sha.....na achievements mata
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 19, 2014
handie: thanks bro. I really wanna do post graduate degree but I gat get beta undergraduate result to encourage popsy to send me to a good school for it and the chance of a 2.1 if I stay an extra semester is like 99%. But is it really possible that I can go for Nysc with ny classmates going for d next batch of service?
my candid advice is for u to stay that is if u r very sure. I myself loss 2 golden jobs during nysc and andother 3 after my service year just becos i made 2:2. And at the same time, our life is not being determine by what we see in the physical. If u believe in God, u can let go and try to graduate with ur mate.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
handie: thanks bro. I really wanna do post graduate degree but I gat get beta undergraduate result to encourage popsy to send me to a good school for it and the chance of a 2.1 if I stay an extra semester is like 99%. But is it really possible that I can go for Nysc with ny classmates going for d next batch of service?
NYSC madness continues...sambisa here he comes! tongue
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Yustash001(m): 2:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
handie: Baba na patience be the koko. your admission is this year by God's grace/Insha Allah
aameen....tanx bro
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by olorunsogo1: 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
I would advise you give it a try with strong determination. Drop some courses and do a resit for your 2.1 if that's what you want. Grades however does not determine how far you can go in life, God does.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by NifemiOlu(m): 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
Finish your course, proceed to Masters then to Ph.D, if you're motivated that much. That's how I made up for my 2:2 as well. I've even forgotten I have a Bachelor's degree. Don't waste your time.
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by calaharry: 4:06am On Mar 14, 2015
handie:
I'm a final year student and honestly, my GP ain't as good as I wish. I'm contemplatingdropping some courses and rewriting them next session to boost my GP. please can I resit those exams and still go for NYSC that same year? I talked to my course adviser about it and he said i'll be able to go with the next available batch once my result is out. pls is this possible? what is your advice to me? N.B: I'm 20 years old
...O.Y.O...so, then after going back you weren't satisfied u then go back again,and on and on,...just for obsession? While most of ya colleagues hav left u to real world experience.
I hav got my second class,but msc is wht I cheerish more. Guy u knw d answ to dt qtn. Answer your question yaself.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Danny4show(m): 7:05am On Mar 14, 2015
would you drop your your final year project too? cos don't understand you oo..
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by handie(m): 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2015
Danny4show:
would you drop your your final year project too? cos don't understand you oo..
Nah just a few easy courses i can just zoom into school, right and leave(Maybe 2 per semester)
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Javanian: 3:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
handie:
Nah just a few easy courses i can just zoom into school, write and leave(Maybe 2 per semester)

Uniben? Which department? And were you allowed to drop only final year courses? What about 200 and 300? Also, how did you facilitate the dropping of courses?
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by handie(m): 4:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
Javanian:

Uniben? Which department? And were you allowed to drop only final year courses? What about 200 and 300? Also, how did you facilitate the dropping of courses?
All you need is a good rapport with your course adviser. If you have that, then you ask him
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Bifrost: 5:08am On Dec 17, 2017
Please oh! Op did you later graduate with 2¹?
Re: Should I Go For Nysc Now With A 2.2 Or Drop Some Courses And Rewrite For A 2.1 by Bifrost: 5:09am On Dec 17, 2017
handie:
I'm a final year student and honestly, my GP ain't as good as I wish. I'm contemplating dropping some courses and rewriting them next session to boost my GP. please can I resit those exams and still go for NYSC that same year? I talked to my course adviser about it and he said i'll be able to go with the next available batch once my result is out. pls is this possible? what is your advice to me? N.B: I'm 20 years old

I want to know, OP did you later graduate with 2¹?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Students To Sue Minister Of Education After He Asked Them To Sue ASUU / Pix : Meet The Man Who Invented/Started Examination / Teenager Loses Sight Over Teacher's Cane (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.