Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? (1144 Views)

What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / I Miss My Ex - How To Make Your Ex Boyfriend Jealous / If You Are To Collect 1k From All Ur Ex,how Much Will You Have In Total???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Sanchez01: 10:12am On Sep 17, 2014
A while back, a friend and I got talking and he was strongly against the opinion of returning to one's 'EX', and according to him, it didn't work out because something prevented it from working out, and chances are that it would still fail if one goes back to an old relationship.

According to him, the word 'EX' is taken from the word 'expired' - why then, would an 'expired' relationship come back alive?

I have read some things on this section, particularly of some ladies saying their 'Exes' want them back. My question is this, is it really proper returning to your ex and what are the chances that it would be a success the second time
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 17, 2014
It's really hilarious reading about people wanting their “Ex” back. I mean why would you want to take back someone who walked out on you?... To start a relationship that already ran its course? Don't get me wrong, I'm not against reconciliation. It's just that this doesn't make sense to me.
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by makazona(m): 10:27am On Sep 17, 2014
answer yourself cz no one will ever give u "satisfying" answer.
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 17, 2014
Hmmmmm
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Sanchez01: 10:38am On Sep 17, 2014
Ceasar1: It's really hilarious reading about people wanting their “Ex” back. I mean why would you want to take back someone who walked out on you?... To start a relationship that already ran its course? Don't get me wrong, I'm not against reconciliation. It's just that this doesn't make sense to me.
True, it doesn't make sense, just that you find most people reminiscing on the good times they had with their exes and how he/she is the only one who 'understands' them better. Ironic if you ask me. Love your sig, by the waygrin

Tag: iwakolewa, safarigirl and ammyluv2002... You are all needed heregrin
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Sanchez01: 10:40am On Sep 17, 2014
makazona: answer yourself cz no one will ever give u "satisfying" answer.
That, I believe, is the reason for creating the thread. A friend gave his opinion, and I'm throwing it out to people. I can't know it all, you know?
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:45am On Sep 17, 2014
If na me commot for dhey relationship, ah fit call yhu back .... But if na yhu, Mbanu ... Lailai, ah no fit want u again ... I do the dump'n, not the other way round. I know me so well ...
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by makazona(m): 10:54am On Sep 17, 2014
Sanchez01:
That, I believe, is the reason for creating the thread. A friend gave his opinion, and I'm throwing it out to people. I can't know it all, you know?

ok then.i is "proper" if what made u guy part in the first place was beyond ur control but has been sorted out.yes u can go back

eg, you were mandated to travel abroad where communicatn was a prob.
Charmed by a lady who snatched you from ur ex bt now is delivered.
etc

my 1 kobo

1 Like

Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by dhardline(m): 11:02am On Sep 17, 2014
At least it worked for 2face Idibia and if you feel your ex is expired then you are obviously expired toø.Its supposed to be one man and a woman together for life and not one man or woman with many sex partners then later gets married.The world just keep getting weird.
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by safarigirl(f): 11:03am On Sep 17, 2014
Sanchez01:
True, it doesn't make sense, just that you find most people reminiscing on the good times they had with their exes and how he/she is the only one who 'understands' them better. Ironic if you ask me. Love your sig, by the waygrin

Tag: safarigirl ... You are all needed heregrin
you shouldn't go back to your vomit. There are good times in all relationships, but there were more bad times else (s)he wouldn't be an ex. Only insecure people return to what they're through with. Though there are few exceptions. It mostly depends on what led to the break-up

1 Like

Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Sanchez01: 11:12am On Sep 17, 2014
dhardline: At least it worked for 2face Idibia and if you feel your ex is expired then you are obviously expired toø.Its supposed to be one man and a woman together for life and not one man or woman with many sex partners then later gets married.The world just keep getting weird.
First thing: Tu Face and Annie never broke up, he just went on a spree while Annie was regarded as the main chick.
With that being said, yes, a man and a woman for life. But don't you think the person you settle with makes it that one person for you?
And more importantly, must every relationship revolve around sex I does baffle me when we believe both of them walk hand in hand.
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Sanchez01: 11:15am On Sep 17, 2014
safarigirl: you shouldn't go back to your vomit. There are good times in all relationships, but there were more bad times else (s)he wouldn't be an ex. Only insecure people return to what they're through with. Though there are few exceptions. It mostly depends on what led to the break-up
one beautiful thing is that opinions differ and it all depends on what we think and believe. You nailed it and it is as if you were there when my naughty friend aired his viewssmiley.
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by teewai3(m): 11:18am On Sep 17, 2014
Why would anyone want to get
their ex back? Why would you
want to take back someone who
walked out on you? Why would
you want to start a relationship
that already ran its course? Why
would you want to be with
someone who doesn’t want to be
with you?. The fact that you love your ex,
you miss your ex, or that you
are miserable without your ex is
never a good reason to get back
together. Your mind will trick
you into thinking anything just
to avoid the pain of breakup. Now, I am not against
reconciliation, But I am against
the idea of putting your ex
before your happiness. The only
reason to get back together is if
you want to give the relationship
another try and not because you
need your ex.
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Chilug(m): 11:46am On Sep 17, 2014
Its a terrible thing to do. Few of my Exes came back and frankly they didn't enjoy the coming back, not that I was harsh to them, am not a harsh person anyway!, they will eventually get tired and just walk away. Once an ex will remain an ex. Trust me.
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Adeoba10(m): 12:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
Dats second chance... It depends on wat causes dia break up at d first instance, if she shld leave me for anoda guy, n now she's coming back again, I think I will just consider her as a s** toy, weneva konji catch me, no to command her....
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
Well, it all depends on what caused the break up at first,if there was an end to the relationship due to cheating,trust issues. ...it's going to be somehow going back to that relationship,but if there was a break up because of uncontrollable circumstances, like travel distance,health issues,or fear of incompatibility, then it's quite possible that the relationship may be rekindled due to feelings that have once existed between the partners. ....but it's rare to find such,as they both would probably have moved on and found new partners.
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Tymax(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
I can't go back. And they better not try to come back. Well, they know I won't even give it a second thought.

The world is brimming with better options.

1 Like

Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by ammyluv2002(f): 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
Well, I don't agree with you totally. Not all EX are bad. What if you suddenly realise your mistake...what if you broke up with her/him for the wrong reasons? What if you guys are just meant to be and nature keeps bringing you guys together? What if he/she was rejected by your parents/siblings at first for no just cause so i don't think is totally bad especially if you guys agreed to do so.
Sanchez01:

Tag: iwakolewa, safarigirl and ammyluv2002... You are all needed heregrin

1 Like

Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Ellidude(m): 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
ammyluv2002: Well, I don't agree with you totally. Not all EX are bad. What if you suddenly realise your mistake...what if you broke up with her/him for the wrong reasons? What if you guys are just meant to be and nature keeps bringing you guys together? What if he/she was rejected by your parents/siblings at first for no just cause so i don't think is totally bad especially if you guys agreed to do so.
I so concur with this. Sometimes, we make mistakes which we realise later on especially in relationships. I see nothing wrong in one reuniting with your ex for sometimes, you need to separate in order for you guys to know how much you need each other. Only pride can stop a reunion even after both parties know how much they have gotten used to each other.

2 Likes

Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by dhardline(m): 3:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
Sanchez01:
First thing: Tu Face and Annie never broke up, he just went on a spree while Annie was regarded as the main chick.
With that being said, yes, a man and a woman for life. But don't you think the person you settle with makes it that one person for you?
And more importantly, must every relationship revolve around sex I does baffle me when we believe both of them walk hand in hand.
well I think sex makes the major diff cause if i have a side chick and a main chick and i dont have sex with neither of them i dont think they'll feel toø bad as long as i've not proposed to any of em.
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by dre11(m): 5:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
sholasholala: Hmmmmm

undecided
Are u planning on going back to yours
Because this ur answer get somehow
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
dre11:

undecided
Are u planning on going back to yours
Because this ur answer get somehow
I miss you too grin
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by dre11(m): 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
sholasholala:
I miss you too grin

I just hope she ment it and not scope me
Because she is sooo good at that game....
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
dre11:

I just hope she ment it and not scope me
Because she is sooo good at that game....
Lets not derail this beautiful thread.
Direct me to the latest joint. I will meet you there. smiley
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by dre11(m): 7:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
sholasholala:
Lets not derail this beautiful thread.
Direct me to the latest joint. I will meet you there. smiley

No probs then
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Missmossy(f): 7:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
An ex should always remain an ex IMO. Let bygones be bygones,that it didn't work in the past is a sign that it may never work out.

It could go both ways anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hell NO.....I cant accept any of my Ex back....

I simply cant chop my vomit.....We broke-up for a reason...So, whats the point in patching it up again??....

When i know there are lots of better guys out there.....
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Tymax(m): 8:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
temigracie: Hell NO.....I cant accept any of my Ex back....

I simply cant chop my vomit.....We broke-up for a reason...So, whats the point in patching it up again??....

When i know there are lots of better guys out there.....
Copy copy tongue
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
Tymax:
Copy copy tongue

lol...
Na who i copy oo?...
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Tymax(m): 8:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
temigracie:

lol...
Na who i copy oo?...
You know na grin
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
Tymax:
You know na grin
Lwkmdfh oo...

I no know oooo....Shey nah you i copy ni??
Re: Going Back To An EX: How 'proper' Is It? by Charles4075(m): 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
It's not good and you'll never have that respect for him/her again especially when your partner messed up in the first me.. But for me

(1) (Reply)

Am Confused And Lost As A Snowflake In Sea,i Need Thoughts And Pieces Of Advice. / Four Ways To Secretly Turn Her On / When A Guy Receives A Message Meant For A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.