Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,897 members, 7,821,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply (5787 Views)

Tension Mounts At Dumso, Ghana, As Irate Youth Kill 80 Cattle F The Fulanis / Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music / Accommodation For Nigerians In Ghana As Costly As Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by chinasaekperem3: 6:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
These ghanaians are living in f00ls paradise oooo, ghanaian university graduates find it difficult going for service in nigeria
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by mrham03(m): 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
chinasaekperem3: no shit, he's our man, ghana need to join nigeria as a state so we can help them out of their mysteries grin
common english word "miseries" has now turned into mysteries. Is this what your nigerian universities are teaching u? GOD save boko-geria.

2 Likes

Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by JiggamanGh: 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
chinasaekperem3: I say NYSC don't recognise your universities, check online, Nigerians who schooled in ghana find it difficult to serve in nigeria. Search online, it there grin

If that was the case rich Nigerians wouldn't paying large amount of money to send their kids to Ghana. There are over 75000 nigerian students studying in Ghana and the number increases every year. They must be getting a good job back home or else they wouldn't be going to Ghana. Common sense says you are a liar or maybe plain stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by chinasaekperem3: 6:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
mrham03: common english word "miseries" has now turned into mysteries. Is this what your nigerian universities are teaching u? GOD save boko-geria.
miseries is different from mysteries, you just messed up. You must be a product of a ghanaian university. I meant mysteries not miseries. Olodo grin
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by chinasaekperem3: 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
JiggamanGh:

If that was the case rich Nigerians wouldn't paying large amount of money to send their kids to Ghana. There are over 75000 nigerian students studying in Ghana and the number increases every year. They must be getting a good job back home or else they wouldn't be going to Ghana. Common sense says you are a liar or maybe plain stupid.
with all the money we give to your country, your country is still poor. Mind you, private universities in nigeria are more expensive than all ghanaian universities grin
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by JiggamanGh: 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
chinasaekperem3: with all the money we give to your country, your country is still poor. Mind you, private universities in nigeria are more expensive than all ghanaian universities grin

70% of Nigerians live on less than $ a day. If Ghanaians are poor then Nigerians are homeless.

3 Likes

Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by chinasaekperem3: 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
JiggamanGh:

70% of Nigerians live on less than $ a day. If Ghanaians are poor then Nigerians are homeless.
you are confused, you are just jumping from one point to another, these nigerians can be able to afford ghanaian universities grin
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by JiggamanGh: 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
chinasaekperem3: you are confused, you are just jumping from one point to another, these nigerians can be able to afford ghanaian universities grin

75000 Nigerians doesn't equate to 70% of Nigerians. 70% of Nigerians are poor and live on a $ a day.

2 Likes

Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by chinasaekperem3: 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nigeria is like a God to ghana, their universities cannot run without nigerians. Their power sector cannot function without nigeria, their economy is dead without nigeria. Ghana cannot exist without nigeria.....fact
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by chinasaekperem3: 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
JiggamanGh:

75000 Nigerians doesn't equate to 70% of Nigerians. 70% of Nigerians are poor and live on a $ a day.
any nigerian can afford a ghanaian university, going to a ghanaian university in nigeria is easier than making eba grin
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by GHKWAME1: 7:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
Why am I not surprised this rubbish is on front page. I searched in vain to find the news on how the Nigerian army lost their map and found their way into Cameroon after fleeing a fire fight from the book boys. Nigeria is in a mess yet these f'ucker's always want something negative about Ghana to have a heavenly feeling. I don't blame them, I knew this was a stewpid contract from the word go, Kufuor should have known that nothing works right in that hell hole! I hope Ghana speeds up it's gas processing plants.

1 Like

Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by chinasaekperem3: 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
GHKWAME1: Why am I not surprised this rubbish is on front page. I searched in vain to find the news on how the Nigerian army lost their map and found their way into Cameroon after fleeing a fire fight from the book boys. Nigeria is in a mess yet these tickets always want something negative about Ghana to have a heavenly feeling. I don't blame them, I knew this was a stewpid contract from the word go, Kufuor should have known that nothing works right in that hell hole! I hope [b]Ghana speeds up it's gas processing plants[\b].
shocked shocked shocked this ghanaian illiterate doesn't know what front page is. The thread isn't on front page yet, olodo

1 Like

Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by Dreyl(m): 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
OXYGENO1: Hahahaha a mumugerian saying this? Okk so how many bombs exploded in your useless country today?
useless son of a neutered Dog.

1 Like

Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by iamrockyofficial(m): 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
chinasaekperem3: These ghanaians are living in f00ls paradise oooo, ghanaian university graduates find it difficult going for service in nigeria

And why should the come and serve in nigeria Smh
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by sanandreas(m): 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
just because Nigerians come to your country study in ur mushroom school. You spew nonsense. I have known Ghanains to be mercurial people. power supply have improved greatly in Nigeria. my state supplied you light that u celebrated. The power station at sapele in delta state fed your grid for years. power problem on Ghana started when Nigeria stopped feeding your grids. Nigeria is a great nation with vast human and natural resources. Ghana as a country is just like two state in Nigeria. don't ever compare Ghana and Nigeria in any form. we nor be mate at all.
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by iamrockyofficial(m): 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
chinasaekperem3: Nigeria is like a God to ghana, their universities cannot run without nigerians. Their power sector cannot function without nigeria, their economy is dead without nigeria. Ghana cannot exist without nigeria.....fact

What kind of dead god will give out so much to his subjects and yet have nothing in his paradise?

1 Like

Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by chinasaekperem3: 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
iamrockyofficial:

every graduate in nigeria serves the nation for a year as a corper, without this you cannot get a graduate employment in nigeria. Graduate of any nigerian university and recognise foreign university are the ones allowed to serve and NYSC don't recognise most ghanaian universities. Read up more info on this article www.gdming.org/index/index.php/component/content/article/1-latest-news/304-dilemma-of-nigerian-students-in-quack-varsities-in-ghana-
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by iamrockyofficial(m): 8:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
chinasaekperem3: every graduate in nigeria serves the nation for a year as a corper, without this you cannot get a graduate employment in nigeria. Graduate of any nigerian university and recognise foreign university are the ones allowed to serve and NYSC don't recognise most ghanaian universities. Read up more info on this article www.gdming.org/index/index.php/component/content/article/1-latest-news/304-dilemma-of-nigerian-students-in-quack-varsities-in-ghana-

Well there will be no need for that cos ghanaian cos the educational system is more condusive. . Than that of nigerias

1 Like

Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by sanandreas(m): 8:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
iamrockyofficial:

if they can't serve in Nigeria, it means the school is not a standard foreign institution. Every Nigerian, no matter where u study u must come back home to serve. The Nysc scheme is designed for national integration and unity. No Nysc discharge certificate, no job offer.

1 Like

Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by chinasaekperem3: 8:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
iamrockyofficial:

What kind of dead god will give out so much to his subjects and yet have nothing in his paradise?
am serious, nigeria is like a hegemon to ghana.
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by chinasaekperem3: 8:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
iamrockyofficial:

Well there will be no need for that cos ghanaian cos the educational system is more condusive. . Than that of nigerias
you are not still getting it, ghana has a lot of quack schools nigeria don't recognize. These university are below nigerian standard, that's way we don't allow graduates from such schools to serve the nation (meaning no job for such graduate in nigeria).
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by iamrockyofficial(m): 8:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
chinasaekperem3: you are not still getting it, ghana has a lot of quack schools nigeria don't recognize. These university are below nigerian standard, that's way we don't allow graduates from such schools to serve the nation (meaning no job for such graduate in nigeria).

*smiles* okay now let me break it down for u.. You are talking to a great akokite .so believe me.. I know how the system goes. When you talk about quack schools I will agree with u if u are referring to some of the new generation schools.. Of which nigeria is not an exemption. Trying to mete it out on all the majority is wrong cos ghana has schools of which are respected internationally and. Carry more weight than a lot of nigerian schools. A lot of this universities have produced nigerians that have come back home and are contributing immensely to the society
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by OXYGENO1: 8:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
chinasaekperem3: am serious, only university of ghana and two or three of your universities are recognise here, NYSC don't recognise them. That's why you see a lot of nigerians in university of ghana.
Do u research well ok.
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by chinasaekperem3: 8:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
iamrockyofficial:

*smiles* okay now let me break it down for u.. You are talking to a great akokite .so believe me.. I know how the system goes. When you talk about quack schools I will agree with u if u are referring to some of the new generation schools.. Of which nigeria is not an exemption. Trying to mete it out on all the majority is wrong cos ghana has schools of which are respected internationally and. Carry more weight than a lot of nigerian schools. A lot of this universities have produced nigerians that have come back home and are contributing immensely to the society
and I say its a lie, I have a nephew studying in ghana (can't remember the name of the school), he complain every now and then. Only 10 ghanaian universities are standard according to national university commission.
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by chinasaekperem3: 8:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by GHKWAME1: 8:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
The world heard this, ten years ago, ten years
before that and we will hear it ten years later....
Can you please provide a link to your delusional
claim? We both know whose generator set is on
sanandreas: just because Nigerians come to your country study in ur mushroom school. You spew nonsense. I have known Ghanains to be mercurial people. power supply have improved greatly in Nigeria. my state supplied you light that u celebrated. The power station at sapele in delta state fed your grid for years. power problem on Ghana started when Nigeria stopped feeding your grids. Nigeria is a great nation with vast human and natural resources. Ghana as a country is just like two state in Nigeria. don't ever compare Ghana and Nigeria in any form. we nor be mate at all.

Benin, Togo ask for more power from Ghana.............. "Benin and Togo have made a joint request to the Ghana government to
supply them with more power, since their power situation is more desperate than Ghana’s.

“The situation in Benin and Togo is worse.” Ghana has reduced the contractual supply of power to Benin and Togo from 90 MW to 35 MW after the destruction of a pipeline belonging to the West Africa Gas Pipeline Project (WAGP) in August 2012.

The cut in power supply to the two countries has resulted in massive load shedding and power disruption in Togo
and Benin between eight and 12 hours or more daily.
Mr Kassa(Benin minister for energy) looked worried, apprehensive and expectant when he pleaded with the
minister to compromise and increase the power supply slightly upwards, but
Mr Buah(Ghana minister for Energy) was firm and said Ghana could only help when the situation in the
country normalised.
Mr Buah’s response created more distress for Mr Kassa and his team, who shoved diplomacy aside and displayed
open worry.

Ghana Commissions New Dam

The Electricity Company of Ghana(ECG) made history on Friday when it
became the first company in the West African sub-region to pioneer the supply of power to villages on the borders of neighbouring countries.

Ghana solar energy plant set to be Africa's largest

Nigeria, highest importer of generator sets

1 Like

Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by iamrockyofficial(m): 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
chinasaekperem3: and I say its a lie, I have a nephew studying in ghana (can't remember the name of the school), he complain every now and then. Only 10 ghanaian universities are standard according to national university commission.

What's a lie And what's he complaining about?? That you cannot find the same in Nigerian schools?. Like I said am a great akokite but I will not pass by when I see wrong statements being made.. The truth about nigerian media trying to downgrade the educational system in ghana is because of the high influx of nigerians there.. Thereby bringing in more revenue that would have been useful for the nigerian sector. Its only normal that they we go at any level to tarnish the image. If nigeria was any better a lot of students will not be going to malaysia bene rep and ghana.
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by chinasaekperem3: 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
iamrockyofficial:

What's a lie And what's he complaining about?? That you cannot find the same in Nigerian schools?. Like I said am a great akokite but I will not pass by when I see wrong statements being made.. The truth about nigerian media trying to downgrade the educational system in ghana is because of the high influx of nigerians there.. Thereby bringing in more revenue that would have been useful for the nigerian sector. If nigeria was any better a lot of students will not be going to malaysia bene rep and ghana.
the bottom line is ghana has a lot of mushroom universities, stop displaying your ignorance here. You too talk, All your answers are in this link www.gdming.org/index/index.php/component/content/article/1-latest-news/304-dilemma-of-nigerian-students-in-quack-varsities-in-ghana-
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by chinasaekperem3: 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
iamrockyofficial:

What's a lie And what's he complaining about?? That you cannot find the same in Nigerian schools?. Like I said am a great akokite but I will not pass by when I see wrong statements being made.. The truth about nigerian media trying to downgrade the educational system in ghana is because of the high influx of nigerians there.. Thereby bringing in more revenue that would have been useful for the nigerian sector. Its only normal that they we go at any level to tarnish the image. If nigeria was any better a lot of students will not be going to malaysia bene rep and ghana.
if you are great akokite, what is the name of the street where unilag is located? A great akokite is always proud of unilag anywhere, anytime. Answer that question also tell me how you can get to yabatech from unilag?
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by iamrockyofficial(m): 8:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
chinasaekperem3: the bottom line is ghana has a lot of mushroom universities, stop displaying your ignorance here. You too talk, All your answers are in this link www.gdming.org/index/index.php/component/content/article/1-latest-news/304-dilemma-of-nigerian-students-in-quack-varsities-in-ghana-

Lol. u talk about mushroom schools.. Because u don't see a list of nigerian schools does not mean they don't exist.. Like I said they will do anything possible to tarnish the countries image.. Just to lure the market back.. A market they can't even handle. And you in turn will tryy to use it to score cheap points .. Is it lead city redemeers,caleb, bowen, mountain top ..the list is almost endless.. Not to talk of the universities that have been in existence since but make you wonder if its really an educational institution,, lasu. Osu unab. Taused., ekpoma and co.. Or is it your neco that is not even recognised..even when a lot of nigerians make As on it! What kind of As are u getting.. Come on!!!
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by chinasaekperem3: 8:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
Am waiting for your answer, akokite, don't try asking anybody cos it will bring more questions.
Re: Power Outages To Worsen In Ghana As Nigeria Stops Gas Supply by chinasaekperem3: 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
iamrockyofficial:

Lol. u talk about mushroom schools.. Because u don't see a list of nigerian schools does not mean they don't exist.. Like I said they will do anything possible to tarnish the countries image.. Just to lure the market back.. I market they can't even handle. Is it lead city redemeers,caleb, bowen, mountain top ..the list is almost endless.. Not to talk of the universities that have been in existence since but make you wonder if its really an educational institution,, lasu. Osu unab. Taused., ekpoma and co.. Or is it your neco that is not even recognised..even when a lot of nigerians make As on it! What kind of As are u getting.. Come on!!!
tell us how you can locate yabatech from unilag and tell us the 1st faculty you will meet when you enter unilag?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghana GDP Growth Accelerates To 23% / Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE / Pictures From Russia Lockdown.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.